4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by bobukcat
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 months ago

Also does anyone know how many of these are being produced?

#2 4 months ago

I don't know about anyone else but the women in Oktoberfest a pretty homely. What a missed opportunity.

#3 4 months ago

Yes please.

I own a Houdini and love it. I'm interested in Oktoberfest as well, but I haven't played it yet. The jury is still out for me accordingly.

Production quantities are unknown and no limits set as far as I'm aware. Have heard guess on Houdini production at around 500 so far.

#4 4 months ago

Oktoberfest would've been better with a monkey reaching up a skirt on the cab art.

#5 4 months ago

Hated Houdini personally. Everything is super tight. Animations and call outs were meh.

Oktoberfest I would LOVE if they fixed the music. The animation and art is meh but I could get over that if they fixed the music. The rest of the pin looks awesome.

I’d go Oktoberfest

#6 4 months ago

Having never played Oktoberfest and watching mininimal video I can confidently say it's the better game.

#7 4 months ago
    Quoted from slavin20:

Also does anyone know how many of these are being produced?

Why limit yourself to these two titles? There are way better pins available for the same price.

#8 4 months ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Why limit yourself to these two titles? There are way better pins available for the same price.

What ones are you referring to?

#9 4 months ago

Play both if you can. Get the one you like.

Shows coming up like Texas Pinball Festival and Midwest Gaming Classic will have both.

List your location so people can help you find games nearby to try.

Oh heck. Get one of each.

LTG : )

#10 4 months ago

I've had Houdini in our lineup since October & it's a phenomenal machine. Very challenging w/ an incredibly deep rule-set makes Houdini perfect for home use. Looking forward to test driving Oktoberfest, as AP certainly has my attention. Oktoberfest is still in it's inception w/ the early code, but Houdini is almost complete w/ four or so updated codes. Houdini for the win, but Oktoberfest will be another great title in a year or so. Go w/ Houdini now, then Oktoberfest w/ code progression.

#11 4 months ago

Played octoberfest at Louisville show. Had test code running, so not sure what the final version will be. Playfield was very nice, well designed and fun to play. Overall I give the play a 8.5. Never played Houdini to compare it.

#12 4 months ago

My friends, wife and I love Houdini. It is indeed challenging but with so many modes it is really entertaining. We are anxious to play Octoberfest.

#13 4 months ago

I love Houdini. I really like the Oktoberfest theme so I’m just waiting to play it first. The argument for buying an API game is that they represent a very good value for the money. Much more going on the playfield than a Stern. Unhappy with the Stern Pros and yet the Stern Premium and JJP are too expensive? Then American is an excellent choice.

#14 4 months ago

I've played Houdini. Never played Oktoberfest, but, Oktoberfest.

#15 4 months ago

Played both, i also previously owned Houdini for about a month and between the two games I would have to pick Houdini.

#16 4 months ago

question is, is anyone considering buying one for the house or is this more of a location game?

#17 4 months ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

question is, is anyone considering buying one for the house or is this more of a location game?

Houdini is like WOZ, best for home environment.

#18 4 months ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Houdini is like WOZ, best for home environment.

but what about oktoberfest?

#19 4 months ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Played both, i also previously owned Houdini for about a month and between the two games I would have to pick Houdini.

I'd agree with this, I bought Houdini because I really liked it from the first plunge at the Louisville show last year. I played a pre-production OKF at Pincinnati and the test game at LAX this year. I like the game quite a lot but it did not "click" with me like Houdini did. However the best bet is to play both and decide which one YOU like better, tastes vary wildly and one glance through the Houdini threads will show you how polarizing it seems to be.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 224.99
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 279.95
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.99
    $ 229.99
    $ 12.50
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 49.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside