SmartSelect_20190922-015253_Chrome (resized).jpg
SmartSelect_20190922-013728_Chrome (resized).jpg
6856BAB5-1E48-43B5-8528-C8D252B26555 (resized).jpeg
3048610B-7255-4FE8-B472-088466111A8E (resized).jpeg
A1FBA84E-6C16-4B5C-8D35-298FA733F086 (resized).jpeg
759F81E6-2031-43E0-96B3-BE111928733E (resized).jpeg
5606CBAE-8862-4892-B7AB-3CBC37AC593A (resized).jpeg
20190412_120951 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 5 years ago

Wonka is so much better than Oktoberfest that this whole thread is just plain silly. Seriously, this thread should just be drained. I feel dumber for even commenting TBT. May god have mercy on you soul.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Wonka’s code is way too early , it has potential but in its current state it is not very good . Last night at MGC the wonkas were completely open ,no one playing them and there was still lines to play the 3 Oktoberfest games .

That is because Oktoberfest is an extremely long playing game.

3 weeks later
#79 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Gameplay alone (removing sounds and art) I have to admit I had more fun playing Oktoberfest at Allentown
but i only had 2 short games on Wonka - with more time on both machines this opinion is subject to change

Safe to say... you need more time on them. Wonka is so much better!

Give okturdbeerfest a year and it will be selling for sub5k just like houdini does.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Not so sure about that , Wonka could be a better game at some point , but the Wonkas that I played at MGC were not .I did play more games on Wonka than Oktoberfest but I enjoyed Oktoberfest much more and would like to own one . Wonka I will play it again in like 6 months and see If it’s better , I know it will be but what I will really be looking for is something to capture my interest . Wonka is easier to shoot for sure (but easy doesn’t really do it for me ) I could combo the ramps on Wonka all day long but what’s the point ?give me a reason to shoot something and make it interesting this is what Oktoberfest does so much better than Wonka . I’m sure Wonka will be a better more interesting game 6 months or a year from now than it is now .But will it be better than Oktoberfest? Time will tell and maybe I will change my mind but at this point Oktoberfest is the clear winner between the two for me .

I am glad some people like Oktoberfest and I hope there are enough sales to keep AP afloat.

For me, I find the layout very fun and different. Unfortunately the fun ends there. The upper ramp shot is really bad (not sure if just flipper issue, but appears to be the geometry combined with flipper strength). The code is really drawn out (so much talking and so little shooting) and too PC for the theme.

I actually think they have a basis for a good game, but the polish is not going to bring it together. Maybe that is my disappointment as I had high hopes for this one but I knew it was over once the monkey grabbing a butt got scrubbed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.50
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-is-better-than-wonka?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.