SmartSelect_20190922-015253_Chrome (resized).jpg
SmartSelect_20190922-013728_Chrome (resized).jpg
6856BAB5-1E48-43B5-8528-C8D252B26555 (resized).jpeg
3048610B-7255-4FE8-B472-088466111A8E (resized).jpeg
A1FBA84E-6C16-4B5C-8D35-298FA733F086 (resized).jpeg
759F81E6-2031-43E0-96B3-BE111928733E (resized).jpeg
5606CBAE-8862-4892-B7AB-3CBC37AC593A (resized).jpeg
20190412_120951 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 5 years ago

Wonka’s code is way too early , it has potential but in its current state it is not very good . Last night at MGC the wonkas were completely open ,no one playing them and there was still lines to play the 3 Oktoberfest games .

#32 5 years ago

At midnight I could have walked up to any of the five wonkas and played them . There was still lines at Oktoberfest at that point.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is because Oktoberfest is an extremely long playing game.

This is true Good point , but the fact is people were still waiting to play them.

#41 5 years ago

I put up this score on Oktoberfest at MGC . I am really liking this game .

A1FBA84E-6C16-4B5C-8D35-298FA733F086 (resized).jpegA1FBA84E-6C16-4B5C-8D35-298FA733F086 (resized).jpeg
#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

I played both... and if you played both you would understand the quality build of Wonka versus Oktoberfest.

I played both and got the exact opposite impression that you did . Wonka had some type of resin filling in a slot near the lock from something that had obviously been recently changed , ghost images on the inserts that had been covered up with new artwork for changes in rules , modes that were incomplete , didn't make sense ,Not good integration to theme or just not fun , sounds borrowed from WOZ .The movie clips that were used were good but could have been implemented better and the game needs more for sure . The animations created for this game are nothing more than OK . And yeah there is are few clunky shots in the game mainly the shots from the upper right flipper under the Wonka vision . We were clearly playing prototype versions of Wonka at MGC , and if you are happy with what you played there I'm sure you'll be very happy with the finished product , but the game did nothing for me and have no desire to play it again until it is more finished . It may not be a contest to you but it is for others and considering they are in the same price range ( although you don't get the Wonkavator ball lock in the $7,500 version of the game , You have to pay $2,000 more to get that )

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Absolute fabrication. The 7 Wonka machines were in steady us from reveal to show end. AP brought 3 machines, so they were also busy, but with fewer players.

Yes the Wonkas had a nice steady line during show hours . I did clarify 2 posts later the timeframe I was referring to .

At midnight I could have walked up to any of the five wonkas and played them . There was still lines at Oktoberfest at that point.

My statement was not any sort of fabrication at all , Just needed clarification as to what time it was when I saw the open Wonkas and lines at Oktoberfest and I made that clear 2 posts later.

2 weeks later
#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Safe to say... you need more time on them. Wonka is so much better!
Give okturdbeerfest a year and it will be selling for sub5k just like houdini does.

Not so sure about that , Wonka could be a better game at some point , but the Wonkas that I played at MGC were not .I did play more games on Wonka than Oktoberfest but I enjoyed Oktoberfest much more and would like to own one . Wonka I will play it again in like 6 months and see If it’s better , I know it will be but what I will really be looking for is something to capture my interest . Wonka is easier to shoot for sure (but easy doesn’t really do it for me ) I could combo the ramps on Wonka all day long but what’s the point ?give me a reason to shoot something and make it interesting this is what Oktoberfest does so much better than Wonka . I’m sure Wonka will be a better more interesting game 6 months or a year from now than it is now .But will it be better than Oktoberfest? Time will tell and maybe I will change my mind but at this point Oktoberfest is the clear winner between the two for me .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 25.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.99
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trilogybeer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oktoberfest-is-better-than-wonka?tu=trilogybeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.