Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by phoenixpin
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SmartSelect_20190922-015253_Chrome (resized).jpg
SmartSelect_20190922-013728_Chrome (resized).jpg
6856BAB5-1E48-43B5-8528-C8D252B26555 (resized).jpeg
3048610B-7255-4FE8-B472-088466111A8E (resized).jpeg
A1FBA84E-6C16-4B5C-8D35-298FA733F086 (resized).jpeg
759F81E6-2031-43E0-96B3-BE111928733E (resized).jpeg
5606CBAE-8862-4892-B7AB-3CBC37AC593A (resized).jpeg
20190412_120951 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 months ago

Played Oktoberfest last night. Me and my wife can’t get past the repetitive music and art and animations. It plays decent but should not be $7400 for what you get. Wonka SE is better in every measure.

#22 6 months ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Honestly I'm not. I really want to like Wonka. I've been pretty harsh on Oktoberfest over in that thread. I'm a value shopper. I just want to get the most fun and bang for my buck. After the reveal I spent some time reviewing the Oktoberfest stream and the feature matrix and I'm kinda shocked at how much more there APPEARS to be in Fest than Wonka. If you think my analysis is wrong I'm all ears.

Wonka shoots better too. I like the playfield on Oktoberfest but there are some aspects that feel clunky or not well planned. My wife played one game of Oktoberfest and was like meh not for her.

#23 6 months ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I think you're likely right. At the end of the day, I want fun for my $$s. And I haven't written off ACNC yet either. I played it Expo and it sucked but the machine was having major issues so I want to give it another chance.

ACNC was working great today. It was cool. Not my cup of tea but some of the shots were very smooth. Others were a bit off. Upper PF was neat and loved the ball lock.

#24 6 months ago

You can fill a game with mechs and stuff and toys. But if they aren’t cohesive, thought out, or well implemented, then what’s the point? Food for thought.

#31 6 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Wonka’s code is way too early , it has potential but in its current state it is not very good . Last night at MGC the wonkas were completely open ,no one playing them and there was still lines to play the 3 Oktoberfest games .

That’s surprising. It was the opposite Friday and Saturday at least during the day.

2 weeks later
#73 5 months ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

I played both machines and my first impression is:
For the moment Wonka plays a little worthier and Oktoberfest is a little funnier. Bottomline I liked both games, but don´t understand this really boring rocktheme from Oktoberfest, which has nothing to do with the music played in Oktoberfest tents. Btw the word "FÜD" (Frenzy) doesn´t exist in Germany, that´s funny somehow. Does this word have a meaning in the US?
With the final codes both games will find a place in Pinside´s Top 100.

No idea what fud is supposed to stand for. Agreed on the music, bad choice on AP’s part.

1 week later
#95 5 months ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I initially liked Oktoberfest better than ACNC, but after playing each between 20-30 times I decided that the animation and music was so much better in ACNC that I think I'd rank it a little higher now. In any event, the takeaway for me was that I cannot judge a game based off a stream; I have to play it. I was thoroughly disappointed with Oktoberfest after watching, but love it after playing.

Oh yes that happens, looks totally different on stream vs playing it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, TN
$ 23.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside