(Topic ID: 249813)

oktoberfest (edit balls were magnetized)

By turbo2nr

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by kidchrisso
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

oktob (resized).jpg
    20190820_095845 (resized).jpg
    20190820_095851 (resized).jpg
    20190820_100031 (resized).jpg
    20190820_100942 (resized).jpg
    20190820_101122 (resized).jpg
    20190819_081630 (resized).jpg
    20190819_081637 (resized).jpg
    20190819_081634[1] (resized).jpg

#1 7 months ago

What are common issues with both software and physical parts of Oktoberfest?

Some of mine we are working out are

1) Ball eject to shooter lane fail. (shortened wooden rail by 3mm or so near shooter, bend metal in various places from the trough out-hole.....fixed)

2) Wireforms kicking off ball to random places (have not tried to fix yet)

3) Seems Trough opto or ? detects ball drain, and goes to next ball even though ball is still in play. Other weird symptoms of kicking out extra balls.

4) drop target goes bananas sometimes. Need to adjust still. Up/Down 4-6x really fast, then it stops? Usually before launching a ball.

5) Ball trapped by metal at entrance of bartender Otto....fixed by bending metal upwards.

6) Flippers stop working for a few seconds, and I'm not sure if part of the game or ? I don't think so?

7) Had to grind the lockdown bar's tabs multiple times to get it to fit and actually lock. Receiver was off to the right a bit and not centered in cabinet

Not really anything major. I got game used a few months old. I can see why the original owner was super frustrated! I was too.
    Ramps really hard to hit! We adjusted the flippers. Shortened the stroke so flippers were better aimed at ramps, making that angle of a shot easier to achieve.
    Game plays much better now. It was a mess when we got it. Just lots of little changes and adjustments needed. (requires bending and cutting metal and wood though) We moved some posts to tighten up outlanes, and ended up removing One post that kept kicking ball to right outlane. etc etc
    20190819_081634[1] (resized).jpg20190819_081637 (resized).jpg

#2 7 months ago

Took multiple times, and ended up bending the top to change angle of the Blue rubber bumber for ball to come out.
    Cut wood at an angle, bent side metal tab.

Did this after I played with coil strength over and over and that didn't help much.

Now it works great. I can understand why a new owner would not be happy the way it was. Yikes.

20190819_081630 (resized).jpg

#3 7 months ago

Angle of trough needed to be more steep. Balls were not rolling down after ball-launch.

Caused game to think ball was drained and attempts to launch more balls into play. The coil firing makes balls roll down, but still a 2nd ball gets launched into play.

Had fake drains and game would go to ball 2 if in tournament mode with no ball save.

We shimmed the trough for steeper angle. Linger screws and spacers.

20190820_100942 (resized).jpg20190820_101122 (resized).jpg20190820_100031 (resized).jpg
    #4 7 months ago

Works great now! Thank god!

Was getting frustrated myself for a while

20190820_095851 (resized).jpg20190820_095845 (resized).jpg
    #5 7 months ago

i played an oktoberfest on location like a month ago and when you hit the right flipper it would give you a danger. two games in a row did it to me so I couldnt even play. was pretty bummed. still havent played this game

#6 7 months ago

I linked our tech support guy this thread
    for any issues you can always reach out to Barry barry@american-pinball.com any time and he'll be glad to help!

#7 7 months ago

I must say, these things are nothing too serious and we enjoy the game a lot!!

Thanks American Pinball!

oktob (resized).jpg
    #8 7 months ago

I played one yesterday and really enjoyed it. Once in awhile it would give a false skillshot made.

#9 7 months ago

Turns out, my balls were magnetized and stuck together. Causing all sorts of issues. There was no need after all to shim the trough, although now mine plays well with magnetic balls.

The balls lined-up North to South in the trough and would not roll, but rather slide eventually as eject coil fired over and over. Game still see full trough after launching first ball into play

We discovered this when we saw two balls stuck together during multiball

Like twins spiraling around each other, flying across the playfield

#10 7 months ago

Only issue I have had is the ball flying off the rails at times. None of this other stuff...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 52.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 40.00
    $ 89.00
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 28.00
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10.00
    $ 999.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 4.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside