25%
  • GZ Pro 33 votes
    43%

(77 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DA358F99-0828-4597-A03C-5BC57010E501 (resized).jpeg
MS Paint skills... on point (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePinballCo-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

People may give you opinions, and I've played all three myself, but the only way to truly answer your questions and help you get what you want is to play the games themselves first.

There's quite a few places you can go to play JP & GZ. For Oktoberfest you'll need to drive to Pastime Pinball in Manchester (Vermont) to try it out. Long drive but they have 60 games there so you can make a day of it. They also have GZ.

The worst thing you can do is ask for opinions, get them, and still make the wrong choice. That's happened to me before.

gl!

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I've had a fair amount of time on OKT, so I know it shoots real well, but code was super early at the time, and it's been a few years. I played the JP Prem up at the VT Co-op and also had time on at least 3-4 other JP Pros. I've seen some of that game but not all, and do question if people think it's as tight as TMNT can be. GZ had the Pro at Pintastic but I only got time on the Prem's... which is why GZ Pro is the biggest wildcard in the bunch to me.

Nice reply! Hope you enjoyed your time at the co-op.

With Oktoberfest, I love the rules, I don't love the theme, I love some of the challenging shots and how well built the game is, but I am a little disappointed with some of the layout. The left side feels too cluttered for me.

With Godzilla, I've played both the premium and the pro. The biggest difference is the spinner. The premium spinner is so wide and easily hit with the left flipper. On the pro it's a lot narrower and I found it easier to hit by backhanding the right flipper. The building doesn't make any different, and even though the premium feeds opposing flippers when it goes down a floor, I didn't find that to be missing so much on the pro. It's basically the same game, minus the right spinner.

For Jurassic Park, I like the layout of the pro better because of the raptor pit. It's less dangerous to hit, and therefore it feels like a slightly wider game. I've also had tons of work performed on the T-Rex in the premium. Wires get loose, screws fell out, etc. It's been a pain. If I had the pro, there'd be less work for basically the same game.

=================================

ANSWERS to your QUESTIONS:

Oktoberfest: I've talked to two people who own the game with the new code. They LOVE Oktoberfest. They've had it for years and will not be parting with it any time soon.

Jurassic Park: I used to own TMNT so I get what your son is saying. JP is definitely wider open and has shots with more flow than TMNT. The hardest shot is the right orbit, but everything else is nice and smooth, especially compared to TMNT.

Godzilla: I prefer the pro when it comes to gameplay, and I prefer the premium if I wanted all the bells and whistles. It's fun to see people's reaction to the building doing its thing, and I like the spinner on the premium better than the pro. However, if all I cared about was gameplay, Pro is the way to go for me.

gl!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThePinballCo-op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/okt-vs-jp-pro-vs-gz-pro?tu=ThePinballCo-op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.