1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220716_105317 (resized).jpg
    20220716_105330 (resized).jpg
    20220716_124005 (resized).jpg
    20220716_124030 (resized).jpg
    20220716_124308 (resized).jpg
    20220716_124913 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

My first time seeing kiss was in 1978 at the pontiac silverdome in mi. I was 8 or 9.
    My late father took me.

The gracious seller's first concert was the same damn concert!
    His late father took him!

This was the first pin i ever set eyes on...seemed so fantastical at the time.
    Kiss was just bigger than life for me then!

After very pleasant negotiations withe seller we found out we have a lot of the same hobbies,love for horror movies/ music...and well life in general.

Such a great experience...and he was only 25 mins from my hs.
    We talked for hours.
    Some things are just meant to be ya know.

He owned it for 30 yrs.
    Fully professionally restored.
    Extra playfield parts.
    The original schematic manual.
    Even autographed by the band!!

But more importantly i just gained a friend!!!
    I am truly blessed to be a part of this hobby.

Life is good!!!

Enjoy the weekend pinheads!!!

20220716_105317 (resized).jpg20220716_105317 (resized).jpg20220716_105330 (resized).jpg20220716_105330 (resized).jpg20220716_124005 (resized).jpg20220716_124005 (resized).jpg20220716_124030 (resized).jpg20220716_124030 (resized).jpg20220716_124308 (resized).jpg20220716_124308 (resized).jpg20220716_124913 (resized).jpg20220716_124913 (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

Congratulations that’s a beautiful game.

#3 1 year ago

Looks good…but looking at the playfield it looks suspect to be an overlay and not a new playfield…I could be wrong. Unless you got VERY lucky and that is a true NOS playfield but there is an insert that does not look correct.

Clues:
    IPB reproduction playfields and CPR repops both added color to the skin on the band members in the bottom of the playfield by the bonus…the overlays that I have seen left the band members white/black as it was in the original playfields from Bally. So that tells me you do not have a reproduction playfield.

Shoot Again insert….the original playfields have a little darker amber insert. ALL the repops have a lighter color insert that is a little off from an original.

If this was an NOS playfield it was not originally clear coated. Even if stored correctly for years the white would have probably yellowed/aged some and yours looks real good.

Either way it looks nice! If the overlay was installed correctly it should hold up and play just fine.

Play it and enjoy!!!

#4 1 year ago

I remember years ago being at a vintage toy show and sale. Ace Frehley was signing autographs and someone rolled in a Kiss pinball machine to get signed by him.

#5 1 year ago

I saw them for the first time at the same show, I was 14. It was also my first pin, almost 30 years ago. I still have it. I restored and restenciled the cabinet and have a playfield on deck for a swap. I even played Ace in a KISS tribute band for a couple years.

Sounds like we have a lot in common too! Congrats on the game!

#6 1 year ago

I've had one of these for 30+ years now. Not the best player but its a theme game.
    If you start having issues with random tilting or false switch closures, the tiny disc
    caps you'll find across each switch is going bad. The board that flashes K-I-S-S
    across the back glass can be a problem too which is unique to this pin.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from zarco:

The board that flashes K-I-S-S
    across the back glass can be a problem too which is unique to this pin.

It is a common -43 Bally Aux lamp driver board that is used on several titles, nothing unique about it.

Black Pyramid
    Centaur (all versions)
    Future Spa
    Kings of Steel
    Kiss
    Spy Hunter
    X's and O's

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

It is a common -43 Bally Aux lamp driver board that is used on several titles, nothing unique about it.
    Black Pyramid
    Centaur (all versions)
    Future Spa
    Kings of Steel
    Kiss
    Spy Hunter
    X's and O's

Cheap and easy to replace as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/okay-so-took-home-this-baby-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.