By CadillacMusic

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Traded my working Flash CPU to someone a few weeks back, and pulled a old broken one from the pile. Put in some new memory, changed out a couple sockets, and it was passing leon's tests. I stuck it in the machine. The LEDs flashed once, and the audits stuff came up. It was acting like I was holding down the black button, with the numbers continually climbing in the bottom display. I turned it off, and checked the diagnostic switch plug lines. They were fine. I then turned the machine back on again. Nothing on the displays. Tried resocketing the PROM to no avail. I thought maybe the machine was booting fully, but I wasn't turning it on and off fast enough for it to go into attract mode. As part of testing this theory, I held down the black button again. Miracle of miracles, the audits screen appeared. I let go of the button. The audits screen vanished. A little further testing revealed that holding down the button also turned a few feature lamps on at the same time as the audits screen.

I'm a little baffled as to what would cause this. I can read the schematics. But what line controls displays being on and off? How would that line be related to the diagnostic switch?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/okay-flash-thats-just-weird?tu=CadillacMusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.