(Topic ID: 243578)

Okay.... best fast/flowy early solid state..... go!

By Dantesmark

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by brenna98
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Harlem? Meteor? Others???

#3 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-early-ss-pinball-machine-and-why

This is the exact same thread you just started recently just a different name.

#4 4 years ago

Stern Nine Ball

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-early-ss-pinball-machine-and-why
    This is the exact same thread you just started recently just a different name.

No its not.

#6 4 years ago

Flash Gordon

#8 4 years ago

star gazer

#9 4 years ago

Easy....Firepower!

#10 4 years ago

Seawitch

#11 4 years ago

+1 for Firepower

#12 4 years ago

The responses would indicate otherwise!! LOL

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The responses would indicate otherwise!! LOL

Yup it will be a list of the exact same games so I might as well post it in both threads.

QUICKSILVER!!!

#14 4 years ago

Never mind I defer. Also agree firepower

#16 4 years ago

I’ve never considered early solid state games as “flowy”. However, that can definite fast.

Flow wasn’t really a requirement back then. The object of a game back then was to pluck a quarter out of your pocket. Can Stargazer be considered a flowy game? Sure, but I don’t think flow really started to be a thing before ramps.

(Note: I love classic games and own a bunch of them. I own 2 copies of HG, and I’ve never considered it flowy.)

#17 4 years ago

Warlok

#18 4 years ago

Dragon fist!

#19 4 years ago

Meteor for me: lot's of ways to sweep the drop-targets, and with a largely open center-field, it encourages lots of different shot-angles to get to the upper-portion of the playfield. When you get "in the zone" with a well-tuned Meteor, it is very flowy indeed.

#20 4 years ago

If you put in more effort into defining what you are looking for in your responses, perhaps you'll get meaningful responses in a thread some day.

Lazy in, lazy out.

Good luck to you.
    Mof

#22 4 years ago

Ooo, is that a stern?!

#23 4 years ago

Anything from Steve Ritchie EXCEPT Stellar Wars.

#24 4 years ago

same as the other thread TNA!

#25 4 years ago

Orbiter 1 is flow-y

#26 4 years ago

I really think you should get out to play some games on location and see what you like. This is like anything else in pinball, everyone has their own opinion.

There are tons of great early ss games out there. Most aren't what people consider "flowy." Some can play fast and brutal, however.

Go check out Flash Gordon and Paragon.

#27 4 years ago

Cyclopes, Meteor, Stargazer, Nineball, Catacomb, Big Game, Barracora, Elektra, Skateball,

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/okay-best-fast-flowy-early-solid-state-go?hl=getadam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.