(Topic ID: 156327)

Ok , yearly showdown of the pins for Soccer Team and Parents/RESULTS!!

By MK6PIN

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jlm33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which machine registers the most plays”

• TRONLE 1 vote
    5%
  • IMVE 3 votes
    14%
  • WOZECLE 4 votes
    18%
  • TZ 0 votes
  • TAF 2 votes
    9%
  • SM 2 votes
    9%
  • TSPP 4 votes
    18%
  • FGY 1 vote
    5%
  • WCS 5 votes
    23%

(22 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown_(resized).jpeg
maxresdefault_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Here we go w round 3 ( TRONLE has won both previous times, but a new gun in the stable ( IMVE). PRIZE- (12x) ooh shiney PBL pinballs shipped to you on my dime, for the closest guess to the top three picks ( no international shipping, sorry). Who doesn't need some extra balls......

Criteria:

a) Boys are older now ( 15-16 year olds) approx 22 of them showing up
b) Parent turnout strong ( guess is about 30 total)
c) Some little kids floating around

d) Time - this Saturday 7-9....increased adult beverage selection upstairs ( Scotch will join the usual suspects.

So vote, then post your top 3, in order of finish

I'll audit all machines, play very little myself, and will do the math and post results on Sunday....good luck!!!

SEE BELOW FOR FINAL RESULTS

#3 8 years ago

TRON 4 Eva!

Suck it IronManSuck it IronMan

#4 8 years ago

Oh, you needed 3 picks

1) TRON
2) TRON
3) TRON

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh, you needed 3 picks
1) TRON
2) TRON
3) TRON

Damn, a winner already....I suppose you want the Scotch.....

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Damn, a winner already....I suppose you want the Scotch.....

Scotch me.

I like Scotch.

Unknown_(resized).jpegUnknown_(resized).jpeg

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Scotch me.
I like Scotch.
Unknown_(resized).jpeg

Problem is its seems to evaporate to half a bottle when shipped ( damn UPS)

#8 8 years ago

Bump, event tonight ....shocking votes so far.....yes WCS is unbelievably gorgeous now ( w Mike Chestnut Brass), but hard to believe it will take down TRON, WOZ, or my new dark horse....heavily modded IMVE.....vote and post.....pinballs on the line!!!

#10 8 years ago

1. IMVE
2. Tron
3. WCS

#11 8 years ago

WOZ with 169 plays

#12 8 years ago

The tally is from games played, not actual time machine is engaged. So longer ball times are a distinct disadvantage for WOZ, WCS, SM, and TSPP in this type of showdown.
Suspect I'd have to put a gameplay timer on each machine to figure out which one is actually being played the most ( kind of like an hour meter on my lawnmower). Way too lazy to monitor ( or care) at that level.
Just a huge rush to see all the machines cranking at the same time ( I'm usually the only one who plays them), and witness the younger players enjoy them. I get to stand back, watch, and drink....win/win....

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

WOZ with 169 plays

I like that guess!!!...some facts from last showdown.....both WOZ and SM had players on them almost the entire time. The reason they lost.....TRONLE is just so brutal and attractive, that the games don't last long, but people keep pushing start to get killed over and over again. I'd see the machine idle for a bit, but then someone step up and put 10 games on it in a sick, short amount of time.

In its short stay in my lineup ( around 5 months or so) IMVE is giving me the shortest games...very addictive.

There will be about double the players ( Team roster is larger this year), and with another thrasher in the lineup, this one is going to be interesting. Will IMVE take enough adrenaline players away from TRON for the other machines to catch up??

Time to go note the audits, and hit the adult beverage store.....

#14 8 years ago

Audits done....people starting to show....IMVE getting hit pretty hard early.....we will see...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15 8 years ago

Tron
Iron man
Spider man

#17 8 years ago

Have a great time MK6! Make sure to get super drunk and tell everyone they are ingrates and get the F out right when someone randomly breaks something on a pin that wasn't their fault

#18 8 years ago

Iron man
Tron
Taf

#19 8 years ago

C'mon, WOZ......

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Have a great time MK6! Make sure to get super drunk and tell everyone they are ingrates and get the F out right when someone randomly breaks something on a pin that wasn't their fault

Holy shit!!!....just got them all out.....a brief summary:

a) Half way through my bottle of Scotch...not done yet
b) Had approx 8 girls under six years of age, that chose to draw on the machines with colored pencils ( including TRON)...unbelievable chaos....didn't see it , as I was distracted upstairs....happy to report it seems to be coming off...scared the shit out of me...
c) No game failures I'm aware of...just got the machines cleaned....and I'm just going to lay on the couch , drinking myself unconscious ....
d) The boys and parents had some nice battles...one mom asked to challenge me on the game of my choice...turns out she was a ringer, and came within 200k of being beat on...you guessed it...TRON
e) Overall, a crazy time...kids still care about Xbox more than the machines...and I'm fading fast.
f) will post counts and winner tomorrow, after I wake up...too old for this shit, I'm afraid....
g) Spoiler alert- They didn't even touch WCS ( even though I busted my ass to get all the brass on from Mike in time)..It's going to come down to TRON, IM, and SM...

#21 8 years ago

My Wife provided the pencils and paper...we will discuss tomorrow , but obviously, she had no idea they had planned their artwork for the machines.....most of it ended up on the glass...props to PDI....unfazed and cleaned up nice...

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Holy shit!!!....just got them all out.....a brief summary:

I won the Scotch?

#23 8 years ago

1. Tron
2. IMVE
3. SM

#24 8 years ago

The results :

Hangover, first and foremost
Machines had no failures, and all cleaned up perfectly from the colored pencil episode ( so no one dies today)

Tallies:

Total plays - 116 in a 2 hour period. Respectable, given the f***king Xbox room was continually the center of attention ( FIFA tourney)....I will NEVER add Xbox to my polls however, so not to worry.

Winners:

TRONLE!!!! #1 three years running...I really didn't think it had last night ( before I passed out)...and truth...I only played one game on it ( against soccer mom)

#2- IMVE- lost by 4 plays....closest competition yet...I had thought it won, actually

#3 - SM - 7 games off the pace

Honorable mention - TAF!!!!....only missed 3rd position by 2 games, WOZ came in a game behind

Condolences - WCS, and TZ...single digit plays on each....sad for TZ, and shocked for WCS...whatever

Pinside Winner -

JLM33- nailed it...I know I said no international entries, but changed my mind...will pm for address to receive 1 dozen PBL ultra gloss pb's congrats!!!

Consolation prize - Flank, with his TRON, TRON, TRON guess....technically, he's right ( 3 year winner)...he knows what's coming his way..

Thanks to all, and pinball still alive ( sort of) with our youth.....

#25 8 years ago

Woohoo!!!

#26 8 years ago

UPDATE!!!

Just went back through the thread....realized bowling pin nailed it, as well!!! ( my apologies, vision still a little fuzzy this morning)....since I didn't establish a tie rule, you also get a dozen PBL Shineys ....sending pm

( glad I ordered extra from Terry...I get to keep a few)...

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

UPDATE!!!
Just went back through the thread....realized bowling pin nailed it, as well!!! ( my apologies, vision still a little fuzzy this morning)....since I didn't establish a tie rule, you also get a dozen PBL Shineys ....sending pm

Keep them for bowling pin. Don't send anything to these stupid Frenchs!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.50
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-yearly-showdown-of-the-pins-for-soccer-team-and-parents and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.