(Topic ID: 155625)

OK who wants a Rocky & Bullwinkle Wabac ramp?

By Shenanigander

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tata.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 8 years ago

communityte cite="#3063073">Russ they are out of stock for years. I was told that the ramps were all nos pcs. And they were never reproduced just left over stock.

Sorry buddy...This is just not the case

Quoted from RussMyers:

It was my understanding that James at Pinball Inc. did repro the WABAC ramp a few years ago:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/uZlRo41smM8
I got mine from them in 2010 or so. I guess they are long gone now, although Starship Fantasy took over Pinball Inc's ramp business, I think.
RussM

This is 100% correct. I bought a ramp from Bay Area back in 2013. When it arrived, I was so displeased with the condition and POORLY mounted flap (So much so, I bought a second one from another supplier [their last one as well] , which I still have.) I contacted the seller who stated that there were no more around and then she directed me to the company that supplied them. I called the manufacture and spoke directly with James himself. He said I probably bought the last one that he was aware of and that he would NEVER produce them again! He told me a funny story as to why he wouldn't.... He went on to explain that when he announced that he would be producing ramps, he asked the community what they would like and see if there was a demand for any particular one. He received over 20 emails requesting the Wabac ramp for R&B. So he felt this would be his first one to produce and bring them to the upcoming Expo to sell them. While at Expo, a gentleman came up to him to buy one of the ramps. While talking to him, he comes to find out that those 20+ e-mails where ALL from him on different accounts! Needless to say, he only sold that single ramp during that Expo and 0 during several other pinball festivals over the next couple of years. He realized that there was no market for them, so he liquidated them to other suppliers. After explaining my dilemma with the ramp, he told me to send it to him in GA. I did so and within two weeks it was sent back. He flame polished it, put the correct flap on and threw in several decals as well. I asked what I owed him and he said not a thing, that it should have come to that way the first time... This was one of the first experiences that I had with the community. It showed me how great of a hobby this is and the great people associated with it. Turned me on for life!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.50
$ 18.00
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tata.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-who-wants-a-rocky-bullwinkle-wabac-ramp?tu=tata and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.