(Topic ID: 155625)

OK who wants a Rocky & Bullwinkle Wabac ramp?

By atariaction

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by atariaction
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Lets build up a list here and if we get enough interest maybe we can convince someone to make an order of these ramps. I will begin:

1. atariaction
2. okarcades
3. sliderpoint
4. imharrow
5. tilted81
6. insane
7. pinballmaniac40
8. rdreynolds
9. joshodbrown (maybe 2)
10. howdoyouafford
11. amkoepfer
12. JoesCoinOp
13. musketd
14. Triglyph

#2 3 years ago

Mine is cracked but I have a cliffys covering it. For the right price I would replace.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

Mine is cracked but I have a cliffys covering it. For the right price I would replace.

Nice. Can I see a pic?

#4 3 years ago

Yep. I could use one as well.

-Mike

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Okarcades said:
Nice. Can I see a pic?

I would probably buy one. But like Okarcades, cliffy is great and covers the entire break. Have you not been to my place since the cliffy was put on and the tinfoil mod removed?

#6 3 years ago

I'd buy one. I need both ramps they are busted up bad

#7 3 years ago

These were already repro-ed, yes? I know I bought one when I got my R&B and the WABAC ramp was broken.

Are they all OOS?

RussM

#8 3 years ago

i would be interested for the right price..

#9 3 years ago

I need one. How about a poll?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I would probably buy one. But like Okarcades, cliffy is great and covers the entire break. Have you not been to my place since the cliffy was put on and the tinfoil mod removed?

Hey Ian. I will have to take another look at my ramp and see how bad it is. I lent my pin to Mark. If the cliffys do the trick then I would do that. I tried to find them but could not. Not sure what my problem was.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

These were already repro-ed, yes? I know I bought one when I got my R&B and the WABAC ramp was broken.
Are they all OOS?
RussM

Yes they were but I could not find any in stock.

#12 3 years ago

I have added everyone to the list on the 1st post and will continue to do so

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

I'm in the same boat, and also in at the right price.

#14 3 years ago

I would buy one, maybe two if the price was right! Did the cliffy thing too for mine and its been great since, but would be nice to have a new one

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I'm in the same boat, and also in at the right price.

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I would buy one, maybe two if the price was right! Did the cliffy thing too for mine and its been great since, but would be nice to have a new one

Added to the list

#16 3 years ago

Mine seems to have been repaired poorly. I would be in until I have time to make a good vacuform mold and make it myself.

#17 3 years ago

Im in if priced right

#18 3 years ago

I am in for one. That makes 10 of us.

#19 3 years ago

Will add you guys to the list tomorrow. The bigger the better and maybe better price!

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Are they all OOS?
RussM

Russ they are out of stock for years. I was told that the ramps were all nos pcs. And they were never reproduced just left over stock.

#22 3 years ago

Ok that is 13 on the list so far. Once we get up to 20 I will start shopping out the order.

#23 3 years ago

New ramp will include the decals installed and the entrance flap?
Price range on it?

#24 3 years ago

And remember most of us want a price first. So let's see what the cost is before sending out the order please

#25 3 years ago

I just picked up a Rocky & Bullwinkle yesterday, and the Wabac ramp is demolished.. I'd be in for one for sure.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Russ they are out of stock for years. I was told that the ramps were all nos pcs. And they were never reproduced just left over stock.

It was my understanding that James at Pinball Inc. did repro the WABAC ramp a few years ago:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/uZlRo41smM8

I got mine from them in 2010 or so. I guess they are long gone now, although Starship Fantasy took over Pinball Inc's ramp business, I think.

RussM

#27 3 years ago

Also, don't forget the Cliffy protectors!

http://www.passionforpinball.com/RnB.htm

RussM

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

It was my understanding that James at Pinball Inc. did repro the WABAC ramp a few years ago:
I got mine from them in 2010 or so. I guess they are long gone now, although Starship Fantasy took over Pinball Inc's ramp business, I think.
RussM

RUSS i belive all the ramps james had were nos not repos.

#29 3 years ago

i emailed starship fantasy and they said they planned on doing it, just not anytime soon. But if you contacted them with a decent number of interested parties, maybe they would look at doing it sooner.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

i emailed starship fantasy and they said they planned on doing it, just not anytime soon. But if you contacted them with a decent number of interested parties, maybe they would look at doing it sooner.

I wonder how many is a decent enough number for them to do a run?

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I wonder how many is a decent enough number for them to do a run?

150+

#32 3 years ago

Looks like we've got a bit of work to do, tracking down all of the remaining RAB owners and convincing them they need new ramps

#33 3 years ago

Yes I would get a price and ask about the decals and entrance flap 1st. Guess we will have to build up the potential order number before we can make it worth someones time. With technology these days more and more people are capable of doing the job. Hopefully we can find that person. We would want some known, established entity preferably. Triglyph added to list

#34 3 years ago

communityte cite="#3063073">Russ they are out of stock for years. I was told that the ramps were all nos pcs. And they were never reproduced just left over stock.

Sorry buddy...This is just not the case

Quoted from RussMyers:

RussM

This is 100% correct. I bought a ramp from Bay Area back in 2013. When it arrived, I was so displeased with the condition and POORLY mounted flap (So much so, I bought a second one from another supplier [their last one as well] , which I still have.) I contacted the seller who stated that there were no more around and then she directed me to the company that supplied them. I called the manufacture and spoke directly with James himself. He said I probably bought the last one that he was aware of and that he would NEVER produce them again! He told me a funny story as to why he wouldn't.... He went on to explain that when he announced that he would be producing ramps, he asked the community what they would like and see if there was a demand for any particular one. He received over 20 emails requesting the Wabac ramp for R&B. So he felt this would be his first one to produce and bring them to the upcoming Expo to sell them. While at Expo, a gentleman came up to him to buy one of the ramps. While talking to him, he comes to find out that those 20+ e-mails where ALL from him on different accounts! Needless to say, he only sold that single ramp during that Expo and 0 during several other pinball festivals over the next couple of years. He realized that there was no market for them, so he liquidated them to other suppliers. After explaining my dilemma with the ramp, he told me to send it to him in GA. I did so and within two weeks it was sent back. He flame polished it, put the correct flap on and threw in several decals as well. I asked what I owed him and he said not a thing, that it should have come to that way the first time... This was one of the first experiences that I had with the community. It showed me how great of a hobby this is and the great people associated with it. Turned me on for life!

#35 3 years ago

James told me that story too when I asked about them. I eventually got uber-lucky in that I found a pristine set of original ramps in Norway, and even better was they only wanted like $30-$50 a piece for them. I spent more on shipping than the actual cost of the ramps, but it was still less than your average repro cost. Then later I got even luckier when I found a complete set of unused original plastics. They still had the blue sticky tape on them, so I knew they are 100% original and legit. When I got them in the mail, I peeled the tape off each piece and flatbed-scanned them at 600 dpi for archival purposes, and then installed them in my machine. I did a few custom mods on the machine to prevent the plastics from getting warped or scratched.

#36 3 years ago

I am interested. Please PM me a price and delivery when available.

#37 3 years ago

don't know if you have seen, but cpr is considering doing R&B playfield. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-more-cpr-playfield-candidates-up-now

#38 3 years ago

Very interesting stories. Thanks for sharing! Who do you think we could pitch this ramp project to?

#39 3 years ago

I may have an extra ramp if someone is interested. I'll check tonight.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Very interesting stories. Thanks for sharing! Who do you think we could pitch this ramp project to?

Did you try freeplay40? He does great ramp work.

1 week later
#41 3 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Did you try freeplay40? He does great ramp work.

Will try that route for sure!

3 months later
#42 3 years ago

Any updates on this? I might be game for one

#43 3 years ago

Put me on the list too

#44 3 years ago

Need a donor ramp and I will make these. Contact me if interested.

#45 3 years ago

Freeplay40, I sent you Pm regarding WABAC ramp.

#46 3 years ago

Put me on list for two ramps

#47 3 years ago

Please put me on the list

#48 3 years ago

Put me on the List. Love R&B. The Freeplay40 ramps I have for Genesis are sweet.

#49 3 years ago

Good news. Donor ramp located and should be on the way to me later this week. Excellent example to model from as it is an unused NOS ramp. Once I receive the ramps I expect production in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Many thanks to Pinsider mrbillishere

#50 3 years ago

Thank you to both mrbillishere and Freeplay40. Put me down for one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
2,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside