olivia-wilde-max-0111-8.jpg
olivia-drunk-1.jpg
supertroopers.jpg
popcorn-sock-1.gif
michigan_girls.jpg
HEIDI-MONTAG-in-a-Blue-Bikini-on-the-Beach-in-California-3.jpg
groucho.gif
hitler_banjo.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So, driving up to Traverse City to pick up a Fire Champagne Ed. that was sold to me late Saturday night.

I told him that it was sold and wanted to send money that day by PAYPAL or however he wanted it as Sunday was mothers day and wouldn't be able to pick it up until Tuesday. He tells me no need and its mine. I insist and he says no we are good.

Call him and headed up and guess what he tells me...

He was hounded and finally gave in. Just loaded it in the guys truck.

Wonder who it was? Won't be hard to find out as not many Champagne editions will be for sale and not around here anyway.

Just got off the phone with the guy so I am steaming. So, f u to that bastard that screwed me

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Quietmouse:

Yeah. The seller is to blame here in my opinion. I don't really blame some guy trying to hound a seller to sell in person. But if the seller sells a pin he has promised to someone else...well...there is a true prick for ya right there.

His words...He kept telling him it was sold but he kept hounding him. Has to mean he threw more money at him to break the deal is all I can think.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

So seeing ur from grand rapids I take it you were 2nd in line? We will find out soon who got it. Only 275 were ever madeade.

Why do you have to second guess me? Seems like you are calling me a liar. I was first and confirmed sale from him. Do you know who loaded it up then? Maybe I can assume you are diffusing in his defense then. I can give you his number if you want to call. Why give it to me when sold to.someone else?

#50 9 years ago

Anyway... should have not even brought it up just emotions got the best of me. Second time its happened to me in the past six months and I reacted.

Funny, seems the best way to get a pin is have the seller make a deal with someone else then swoop in with a higher offer. The seller says great I got more than I wanted and you don't allow the.original deal maker to pay more than you and create an auction.

Funny what people do behind anonymity. Our pin world is small and maybe we should know who the good guys are and who are shady. So, I didn't do what I "gotta" do. Problem is you think most would stand by the hard word. Sure, I would have driven up there sooner if I didn't get the don't worry its yours reassurance.

Anyway the lesson learned is... ya gotta do what ya gotta do reputation be damned

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Hmmm. Here's the ad:
----------
Williams 1987 FIRE Champagne Edition pinball machine - NICE (Grand Rapids)
1987 Williams Fire pinball machine. This is the RARE 'Champagne Edition'! The game is still boring and turd-like just the regular edition, but the Champagne Edition looks like a beaut with gorgeous brass plated accents.
I don't have this in-hand yet, but it should be arriving this afternoon. If I haven't sold it by the time it gets here, I'll get some pictures here. I'm told it's absolutely beautiful, and remember it's rare!
Get in touch with offer (cash) and get this before it's gone. Again.
----------
I think it's interesting how they claim they "don't have this in-hand yet ...". This could very well be the same game, and they are just trying to throw people off the scent.

Brian, its a joke at my expense but I do find it funny

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I am not second guessing you. I called him sunday morning and that is what he told me. He kept my number and was going to call me if the deals fell through. Not sure the story but $850 was way ro cheap for that game. I suspect someone offered him 1400 to take it away. We will find out who it is when it shows up on cl or ebay for $4k

Edit. I like jamespin the seller prolly changed the story between the time I called and jamespin did the deal. Regardless the seller is a complete prick!

Just curious about this... we exchanged emails after midnight Saturday and he gave me his number to call Sunday but didn't have it listed in the ad. How did you get his number to call him Sunday morning?

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I clicked contact button on cl. His number was there. The new cl dosent post numbers in the ad you have to click the contact button to see phones.

Thanks that explains a lot. He seemed like a nice guy and square shooter. When we talked I could tell he felt like an ass. Can't blame him if someone kept throwing money at him even though he told them sold. He told me sold to me but would keep a back up list hence I told him to let me pay now since he was familiar with PayPal. Bottom line even having a deposit or paid in full can get returned if you don't have the machine. Happened to me once lol recently. All things happen for a reason. Prolly would have crashed on the way back home. Ya never know.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

It was a Voltan Escapes Cosmic Doom- rare pin for dirt cheap. Seller told everyone that contacted him- first one to show up with cash gets the pin. I understood and dropped everything raced there- was there within the same hour it was listed on craigs and missed out to James by 10 minutes or so. No hard feelings I knew the circumstance and took a chance.

I knew there was a reason you didn't sell me either of your bsd's! Lol!

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

If I find a good deal I lock in thr price and txt my fellow pinheads to hold back and let me pick it up. Otherwise we all jack up the price trying to offer more money.

Ouch, but honest. Does it work or are friendships lost easily in this circle?

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

It's not gonna be popular, but if the buyer really wanted it then he shouldn't have waited three days to get it. It's pretty naive for anyone in Michigan to think that a deal is gonna sit for them. Not here. Mothers Day be damned. If you want it.

Sounds like you don't have kids or are paying child support lol!

I agree its never a deal until its in the van. Either we are in this for a hobby and enjoy all including the friends we make or in it for money other people be damned.

Just good to know what the situation is here when buying a pin on cl so that's the good of it for everyone's future deals.

Don't be the first to buy. That puts you at a disadvantage. Come in later and ask if you still have it and what you sold it for. Then offer more money until you get it. Now everyone knows how it works and are on a level playing field around here.

Believe me even with him reassuring me I knew the risk not being able to come up on Sunday or Monday due to work hours. Anything can happen.

I know a seller if tempted enough long enough will eventually take more money in todays world. At least most. I was naive or wanted to believe it different this time and had no choice. Was willing to get him the money anyway he wanted it with Paypal being an option or even wire. Still wouldn't have made any difference because he could have returned a deposit or even paid in full. We had no written contract of course. Maybe there is a legal binding way to do a transaction over email but I doubt it.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Oh, FFS!
Coerce? Give me a break.... $20 says the "coercion" went something like this:
James: Ill take it!
Seller: Cool, come on over and pick it up.
James: Well, you know its Mothers Day and all and I'm kinda busy tomorrow too, how about Tuesday?
Seller: Eh, ok, that's fine.
Motivated Buyer: Hey is that pin sold?
Seller: Yes, the guys busy, but he's going to come in a couple days for it....
Motivated Buyer: So its not paid for or anything?
Seller: well, no....
Motivated Buyer: Ahhh, if I had a nickle for everyone who changed their minds a few days later and then never showed up. I can be there in 60 minutes, cash in hand.... no waiting, no risk of the other guy getting "too busy": again or changing his mind.
Seller: Hmmm. ok.
Yeah... it was probably a regular "water-boarding" style coercion!

Now we have the template to do work this style of pin purchase too!

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

Now we have the template to do work this style of pin purchase too!

Pete, I am being sarcastic... I think.

#188 9 years ago

Hilarious! He looks exactly like I imagined him to look like. Now I don't feel so bad lol! Almost edited my first post done out of initial anger but it looks fitting for sure.

Offer more or not, hmm...

#298 9 years ago

Isn't there a part two to this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamespin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-who-is-the-michigan-ahole-that-hounded-my-pin-seller-to-break-our-deal?tu=jamespin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.