olivia-wilde-max-0111-8.jpg
olivia-drunk-1.jpg
supertroopers.jpg
popcorn-sock-1.gif
michigan_girls.jpg
HEIDI-MONTAG-in-a-Blue-Bikini-on-the-Beach-in-California-3.jpg
groucho.gif
hitler_banjo.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davewtf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

man, that's a bummer. i had someone trying to buy a pin as the seller was unloading it from his trailer in front of my house, once. True story.

#8 9 years ago

money turns some people into monsters.

#18 9 years ago

I tried buying a TOTAN for $2500 a few years back. The seller stated that someone was coming to look at it and that they mentioned they might only be willing to pay $1500 for it. At that point, i told the guy i was a full asking price buyer, sight unseen. I contacted him again AFTER the other guy came and bought it to make sure it was gone. Why am i posting all this?

oh, i guess i was wondering if this fell into a tampering with a sale situation.

#27 9 years ago

There's alot of d-baggery going on in this hobby. Sorry.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You are saying you wouldn't pass on a $13K game if it was $4K instead of $3.5K, but that's not what happened.

tron le is a $13K game? or are you talking about Rob's particular machine?

1 week later
#312 9 years ago
Quoted from Up2L8:

I totally did this. Offered the guy 2 bills more, scored the machine. Turns out I sniped it out from under a friend of mine.
I don't feel too bad, his collection is still way better than mine.

image-526.jpgimage-526.jpg
#313 9 years ago

Found you a fire champagne edition. You're welcome! Not saying this is the game you got screwed out of, either.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-stern-spiderman-st-pro-high-speed-and-fire-in-cincinnati-ohio

#319 9 years ago

It's a dog eat dog hobby. I don't know if I really have an issue with the "offer more" mentality. I haven't done it myself but I certainly understand why people do it. It's 100% the sellers fault for breaking your agreement. The buyer has no obligation to you. Sorry.

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

By the way, you 2 guys DB'ery combined rating is a 19, figure out how to split up the points.

I can handle it, send them all my way.

I still think it's more the seller's fault than the guy who went over the top. The seller made an agreement with someone, the other guy did not.

I'm drunk. good night.

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Disagree. It is a dickhole thing to do and the dbag that does it has a choice if the seller tells him it is sold already and still chooses to go over the top. Then I blame the new buyer more than the seller, as he was the impetus by providing the option.

blame whoever you want. They're both dickholes. Peace and stuff.

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, I am 3 of 3 for buying pins from Jan to March. Living in Ohio, I bought pins in Arizona, Massachusetts, and Michigan. It was really very simple:
If I don't have the full sum, I offer to pay half. When I do this, I always know I'll have the remainder within two weeks or less. I explain to the seller that if I fall through after two weeks are up, the money is his to keep, and we go our separate ways. So basically, the seller gets $1200+ to hold a machine for 2 weeks.
Coincidentally, it's worked out all 3 times.

I've never inquired about pins without having all the money to pay for them immediately. I don't trust anyone I don't know to hold a down payment of that size. What did they give you as proof that they received partial payment? Was it paypal??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davewtf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-who-is-the-michigan-ahole-that-hounded-my-pin-seller-to-break-our-deal?tu=davewtf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.