Topic Stats

• 358 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by indypinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Squirell nuts-531.jpg
losing_it0.jpg
image-526.jpg
OneMorePlease!.jpeg
sexy-texas-superfans-33.jpg
150_tilts.gif
K.jpg
BH.jpg
olivia-wilde-max-0111-8.jpg
olivia-drunk-1.jpg
supertroopers.jpg
popcorn-sock-1.gif
michigan_girls.jpg
HEIDI-MONTAG-in-a-Blue-Bikini-on-the-Beach-in-California-3.jpg
groucho.gif
hitler_banjo.gif

There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

..how much to rewind the clock?

$14.99, my friend!

OneMorePlease!.jpeg
#302 4 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I have been to Michigan. Those are clearly imports. Lol

Sorry, you are clearly mistaking implants for imports. Maybe just a typo...

Chaos

#303 4 years ago

inhomearcades said:
Its a pinball machine, get over it.

Glad I got to see this response of yours to this situation. I totally AGREE with "Centerflank" and his comments and opinions about you and your business. I will never deal with you. Anyone that thinks this is acceptable is not a real man ... If you say you are going to do something, be a man and stand behind your words!

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Had to post this one for myself to view again…..how much to rewind the clock?

sexy-texas-superfans-33.jpg 28 KB

tea bag fail

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Are you implying we don't have good looking women in Michigan?

michigan_girls.jpg 18 KB

Unfortunately those girls were flown in from California for the photo shoot.

#306 4 years ago

This thread is alive again? Did anyone buy it from the detroit guy. There was one on this pinside for 2200 or something. It was in chicago area.

#307 4 years ago

i hear some hot chix from cali bought it from a guy in the chicago area.

#308 4 years ago

Isn't this a lot of fuss over a Fire Champagne Edition?

J/K, no laughing matter to the OP.

#309 4 years ago

I totally did this. Missed out on first contact on a machine priced way below value. Offered the guy 2 bills more, scored the machine. Turns out I sniped it out from under a friend of mine.

I don't feel too bad, his collection is still way better than mine.

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from Up2L8:

I totally did this. Missed out on first contact on a machine priced way below value. Offered the guy 2 bills more, scored the machine. Turns out I sniped it out from under a friend of mine.

This thread has been useful in determining which people to NOT deal with.

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from Up2L8:

with friends like that ....

.. and.. you dont feel too bad ? ouch.

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from Up2L8:

I totally did this. Offered the guy 2 bills more, scored the machine. Turns out I sniped it out from under a friend of mine.

image-526.jpg
#313 4 years ago

Found you a fire champagne edition. You're welcome! Not saying this is the game you got screwed out of, either.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-stern-spiderman-st-pro-high-speed-and-fire-in-cincinnati-ohio

#314 4 years ago

No big deal every town has the 50 dollar more guy.
That's pinball.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from Up2L8:

Wow! With friends like you ...

A couple years ago, I made a deal with a friend to buy his Tron. He was then offered more money from someone else. Being a man of his word, my friend said he would honor our deal. I told him that was ridiculous, and insisted that he take the better offer, since it was more than I was willing to pay for the game. Friends should help each other out, not screw each other over.

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Friends should help each other out, not screw each other over.

That, or they either aren't really friends or won't remain so.

Good friendships are vastly harder to find than good pinball machines and worth the occasional cost.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

That, or they either aren't really friends or won't remain so.
Good friendships are vastly harder to find than good pinball machines and worth the occasional cost.

just don't try to Mod your friends or add LED's on them. tried that once.... didn't work out so well

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Wow! With friends like you ...
A couple years ago, I made a deal with a friend to buy his Tron. He was then offered more money from someone else. Being a man of his word, my friend said he would honor our deal. I told him that was ridiculous, and insisted that he take the better offer, since it was more than I was willing to pay for the game. Friends should help each other out, not screw each other over.

I got the impression from his post that he didn't know he sniped it out from under a friend until later.

#319 4 years ago

It's a dog eat dog hobby. I don't know if I really have an issue with the "offer more" mentality. I haven't done it myself but I certainly understand why people do it. It's 100% the sellers fault for breaking your agreement. The buyer has no obligation to you. Sorry.

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

It's a dog eat dog hobby. I don't know if I really have an issue with the "offer more" mentality. I haven't done it myself but I certainly understand why people do it. It's 100% the sellers fault for breaking your agreement. The buyer has no obligation to you. Sorry.

Disagree. It is a dickhole thing to do and the dbag that does it has a choice if the seller tells him it is sold already and still chooses to go over the top. Then I blame the new buyer more than the seller, as he was the impetus by providing the option.

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Quoted from Whysnow:

Disagree. It is a dickhole thing to do and the dbag that does it has a choice if the seller tells him it is sold already and still chooses to go over the top. Then I blame the new buyer more than the seller, as he was the impetus by providing the option.

By the way, you 2 guys DB'ery combined rating is a 19, figure out how to split up the points.

#322 4 years ago

^^^^^^^ funny!

#323 4 years ago

Seller is at Fault, period. Even if buyer #2 hounded the seller to hell and back, the seller could have just as easily said NO! He could have not answered Buyer 2's phone and emails or whatever. Pretty sure the seller got greedy and went for the extra bucks. So to me the full blame and asshole award goes to the seller with buyer 2 being used by the seller as a scapegoat.

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from pdman:

Seller is at Fault, period. Even if buyer #2 hounded the seller to hell and back, the seller could have just as easily said NO! He could have not answered Buyer 2's phone and emails or whatever. Pretty sure the seller got greedy and went for the extra bucks. So to me the full blame and asshole award goes to the seller with buyer 2 being used by the seller as a scapegoat.

The seller is certainly worthy of an ASSHOLE ALERT on RGP.

#325 4 years ago

I BOUGHT IT!!!!!! BBBWWWWAAAAHHHHH!!!

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

By the way, you 2 guys DB'ery combined rating is a 19, figure out how to split up the points.

I can handle it, send them all my way.

I still think it's more the seller's fault than the guy who went over the top. The seller made an agreement with someone, the other guy did not.

I'm drunk. good night.

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

blame whoever you want. They're both dickholes. Peace and stuff.

#328 4 years ago

For the record, it wasn't me. I hate Fire.

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

For the record, it wasn't me. I hate Fire.

losing_it0.jpg

#330 4 years ago

About 11 years ago my friend Bob (RIP) was selling an IJ to someone for $1800. I thought the price was too low and I was a bit jealous that I never had a chance to buy the game first. So I said to Bob that I would buy it for $200 more and Bob looked at me and said "Sorry, I don't deal that way". I understood completely and left it at that. I shouldn't have even said anything. Lesson learned there.

Rob

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I'm drunk. good night.

Started early eh?

I put stuff on CL when I want it gone from my house fast. Price it low and someone will be at the house in no time. Wouldn't ever sell a pin there though. If I ever sell, it will be first to friends, and then to pinsiders.

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

If I ever sell, it will be first to friends

Well.... MGC first at an inflated price..........right?

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well.... MGC first at an inflated price..........right?

Right. And fair enough to mention. I did want to see how much I could get for it. 1850 was best offer. Still getting calls on it too. After seeing 3 in the last week for 2200-2500 I wasn't TOO inflated though. And still own it.

#334 4 years ago

show prices are always higher. So you have room to get talked down if need be.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I'm drunk. good night.

careful... don't go bidding on eBay when drunk. i've had some weird bleep show up at the front door a few weeks later. my 'ol lady was not too pleased with the inflatable swedish-bride in a box delivery.

#336 4 years ago

WOW so much anger over a lost machine lol.
Ok honorable sellers are good but my time in pinball has taught me if you have a potential deal on a machine you want get in the truck and go get it now!!
Ive lost out on alot of machines this way and gained one or 2 offering extra $$ most sellers will take a guaranteed cash in hand buyer wanting it now. or a good friend that wants it after that has helped the seller out in the past.
i personaly dont guarantee machines unless a deposit has been paid then the deal is sealed.

There are alot of buyers that want a machine so bad you hold it for them or give them first chance and they punk on the deal while losing other potential buyers.

so yeah you want a machine go get it now or send the seller money or something to lock it down its the best way to get your machine.

#337 4 years ago

This whole thread is so full of BS.

All this "It's not a deal until it's in your truck" is a pretty F'ing sad commentary.

It's not like pinball machines are all 5 minutes from your house. Most people have to drive hours to make a pickup.....and sometime multiple states even.

When you set out on a 6 hour drive only to have it sold out from under you!.......that's BULLSHIT.

If I say "first to show with cash" in my add then I guess you all know where you stand.

If I say "it's yours....we have a deal", then we have a deal.....PERIOD. I don't care who offers me what after that point.

If you don't follow through with the pickup.....well your a douche and I get to relist it; or call back on other offers. That's not a huge deal really; certainly not as bad as not honoring your deal with the buyer.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

WOW so much anger over a lost machine lol.
Ok honorable sellers are good but my time in pinball has taught me if you have a potential deal on a machine you want get in the truck and go get it now!!
Ive lost out on alot of machines this way and gained one or 2 offering extra $$ most sellers will take a guaranteed cash in hand buyer wanting it now. or a good friend that wants it after that has helped the seller out in the past.
i personaly dont guarantee machines unless a deposit has been paid then the deal is sealed.
There are alot of buyers that want a machine so bad you hold it for them or give them first chance and they punk on the deal while losing other potential buyers.
so yeah you want a machine go get it now or send the seller money or something to lock it down its the best way to get your machine.

This guy gets it..... Anytime you lose a deal to "another buyer that offered more money" it is the seller's fault...period, end of story. No one is a douche for offering more money, because no one really knows whether the seller is full of shit or not. "it is sold" is often seller talk for "I want more money". I have been buying and selling cars longer than pinball (about 22 years now), and it is no different there either.

I may be a dick, but I would be a bigger dick if I took the "I will give you more" than your asking price, as I price every machine I sell to move within 24 hours. I just don't want to deal with all the BS that comes along with selling for a few bucks...

#339 4 years ago

I had just the opposite happen a few days ago.

An Indiana Jones was listed for sale...I talked to the guy, told him I wanted it. He had several calls offering a lot more money, but he stuck to his word and sold it to me for the asking price.

It's a good thing....the machine is in practically mint condition...hardly played at all for the last 15 years.

So to the guy in Chicago that kept calling the seller, offering more and more cash.....

Bite me

#340 4 years ago

The seller should have taken at least a cash deposit via paypal via "gifting". That way it was a non refundable depost. This whole. mess is the seller's fault not the buyers.

#341 4 years ago

post deleted due to my own poor reading comprehension

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Why do you ASSume the buyer kept calling the seller and badgering him?

I'm not ASSuming anything.

The seller told me that same guy called him back close to a dozen times.

I'm talking about my recent craiglist buy...NOT the OP's

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I had just the opposite happen a few days ago.
An Indiana Jones was listed for sale...I talked to the guy, told him I wanted it. He had several calls offering a lot more money, but he stuck to his word and sold it to me for the asking price.
It's a good thing....the machine is in practically mint condition...hardly played at all for the last 15 years.
So to the guy in Chicago that kept calling the seller, offering more and more cash.....
Bite me

Sweet

What else do u have for sale ?

Hehe

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm not ASSuming anything.
The seller told me that same guy called him back close to a dozen times.
I'm talking about my recent craiglist buy...NOT the OP's

Guess it was ME that was ASSuming.

#345 4 years ago

Sometimes things don't work out as planned but no deal is better than a bad deal.

Squirell nuts-531.jpg

#346 4 years ago

How much was the Fire listed for initally them relisted for? Sorry found the thread late and from what I understand it was 1k? (Cl links are now deleted) I paid 1700 for ours in rough shape and am pretty astounded by 1k fire champagne.

#347 4 years ago

beware fire sales . . .

#348 4 years ago

I can't believe this thread is still going.........

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

I can't believe this thread is still going.........

slow night...

#350 4 years ago

not necessarily condoning it, but...

from a seller's perspective, i can understand why they take the money and blow off the initial person... i recently sold a machine, and went through several "completed deals that didn't turn out to be complete", and "i can be there tomorrow with cash" buyers (including one who showed up and tried to renegotiate after he was told upfront the price was non-negotiable) before someone actually gave me money...

buyers aren't angels either... especially in the pinball community...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 8,500.00
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 19.95
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 157.00
There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside