olivia-wilde-max-0111-8.jpg
olivia-drunk-1.jpg
supertroopers.jpg
popcorn-sock-1.gif
michigan_girls.jpg
HEIDI-MONTAG-in-a-Blue-Bikini-on-the-Beach-in-California-3.jpg
groucho.gif
hitler_banjo.gif
There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

Where's Walter when you need him?

Quoted from rollinover:

FYI thats Todd Tuckey and he is a legit guy with a full on arcade/pinball business

Quoted from nate1981s:

He looks a little like Morrie of Morrie's wigs from Goodfellas

Reference trifecta!
Thread is now complete!

#202 9 years ago

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

We will find out soon who got it.

And then what?

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

It's not gonna be popular, but if the buyer really wanted it then he shouldn't have waited three days to get it. It's pretty naive for anyone in Michigan to think that a deal is gonna sit for them. Not here. Mothers Day be damned. If you want it. Get it.

I'm with you on this one. This seems like the silliest thread I've seen in a long time. The OP says he had a "deal" and the seller reneged. I don't see that they ever had a deal. They had a conversation. The seller refused his paypal suggestion, so what kind of deal did they really have?

Around the first of the year I decided I wanted to buy my first pin. I knew what I was looking for (an old EM) and I knew what my price range was. So I pulled the cash and had it sitting at home. At noon on a Sunday, I found a freshly posted ad on CL. Sent a few emails, was in my pickup by 2 and was returning by 4 with my pin.

Used pins are a limited commodity. IMHO, by not having cash available (trying Paypal) and not moving quicker (first contact Saturday, planning on pickup on Tuesday) doomed the OP's transaction.

#205 9 years ago

We blackball them from the hobby ...

#206 9 years ago

We shave their head and tack "Crazy" to the front of their profile name.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

detroit.craigslist.org link
Someone just posted it...

I call shenanigans! "For Sale: Fire Pinball - Limited Champaign Edition - $2500 (detroit)"

Everyone knows Champaign is in Illinois.

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

...He told me sold to me but would keep a back up list hence I told him to let me pay now since he was familiar with PayPal...

Edit: Nevermind. I re - read this and now it makes sense.

#209 9 years ago

Got another story about a stupid seller and shitty pin head. I worked a deal for $350 on a gottlieb 300 in traverse city that need restoration. Fair price I thought. Game was announced sold to me by the buyer but I needed to wait till the seller got back in town to pick it up. Anyways some shit head pinballer jumped my bid to $475. Seller asked if I wantes to compete.

I told the seller to take the money and live with his poor choices of not keeping his word on the deal. $125 is not worth the bad conscious! And shun u pinbastard who sniped this!

#210 9 years ago

#211 9 years ago

There was a WH2O that came up on CL in my back yard recently for $1100. Guy called up the seller and made the deal. Before the buyer got there, the seller was bombarded with calls. He honored the agreement with the first caller.

Glad I live where this is still the prefered way of treating others. Do we have our a-holes here? Absolutely. They are just in the minority!

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Got another story about a stupid seller and shitty pin head. I worked a deal for $350 on a gottlieb 300 in traverse city that need restoration. Fair price I thought. Game was announced sold to me by the buyer but I needed to wait till the seller got back in town to pick it up. Anyways some shit head pinballer jumped my bid to $475. Seller asked if I wantes to compete.

Now he has it advertised for $475., why would he do that if it's sold? Or is he jerking both of you around?

It's really getting to be B.S. with some of these guys in MI.

#213 9 years ago

As noted, looks like this game is on Craigslist now in Detroit. Sometimes a few people in his hobby really ruin is for the rest of us.

I while back I picked up a deal on Craigslist (And this has happened NUMEROUS times) and as I was talking to the guy and loading up the game, he commented on some of the phone calls he was getting were either rude, nasty or stuff along the lines of "You've got that game priced way too cheap" or "You're giving it away" etc "I'll give you $200 more if you don't sell it to that guy who's there now". I'm getting sick of the craigslist price police and the way people are acting. I hate to to say it, but this is why in a lot of ways I tend to keep to myself when it comes to pins these days. I appreciate all of the help and tech advice and most are good people, but dealing with this kind of stuff and the sniping, bullying and just plain rudeness and in some cases CRAZY behavior of collectors over a damn pinball machine leaves bad taste for what should be a very fun hobby.

#214 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I once picked up a Gottlieb Atlantis for $100. Because it was located a few miles from work, I was able to snag it within minutes of the CL posting. While loading it, the guy's phone wouldn't stop ringing.
Needless to say, a well know Michigan collector found out about it and contacted me and told me I should "sell it to him immediately because I would probably never get it working or fixed up."
It was actually pretty comical.

There's something to be done with people like that, and it involves at least one baseball bat.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from bdaily1983:

No worries, there is another one for sale now
" target="_blank">grandrapids.craigslist.org link

I saw this CL ad and thought it was strange and sketchy. Then I came here and found out it's a bunch of pin-drama.

-The seller lacks a moral set
-The buyer is a douchebag, but a fast douchebag with cash
-The would-be buyer got screwed but as I've read here before, the deal isn't done until you have the machine in your vehicle and the guy you bought it from in the rear view mirror

#216 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We will find out soon who got it.

wasnt there a clue on the first page.?

#217 9 years ago

Total BS and pisses me off too, just tried to buy that restored TZ telling the guy I wanted it 3 different times for what he was asking and he acknowledged it and said "i'll send you payment details" and then find out later on Monday that somebody else had put a deposit on it. To me, first in line AND especially acceptance of his offer several times and his acknowledgment of it seems fair and the way to do things.

So be it, shit happens, but there is a ton of D bag activity in this hobby!

The world won't let you be a nice guy sometimes, lesson learned.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from smileymatthew:

As noted, looks like this game is on Craigslist now in Detroit. Sometimes a few people in his hobby really ruin is for the rest of us.

i agree.
so the OP now, can buy it off this lowlife snipin' flipper. what a fken joke.

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Total BS and pisses me off too, just tried to buy that restored TZ telling the guy I wanted it 3 different times for what he was asking and he acknowledged it and said "i'll send you payment details" and then find out later on Monday that somebody else had put a deposit on it. To me, first in line AND especially acceptance of his offer several times and his acknowledgment of it seems fair and the way to do things.
So be it, shit happens, but there is a ton of D bag activity in this hobby!
The world won't let you be a nice guy sometimes, lesson learned.

iceman44, i sent you a pm.

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

There's something to be done with people like that, and it involves at least one baseball bat.

And a pair of pliers.

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Total BS..... To me, first in line AND especially acceptance of his offer several times and his acknowledgment of it seems fair and the way to do things.... there is a ton of D bag activity in this hobby!

Sounds like your a firm believer in first to pay, first to play, eh?

I agree with you, though, lots of shady sellers in this hobby....

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

The would-be buyer got screwed, but as I've read here before, the deal isn't done until you have the machine in your vehicle and the guy you bought it from in the rear view mirror ...

It depends on who you are dealing with. I sold a pin to James, and the deal was done as soon as I told him it was his. End of story.

#223 9 years ago

Let this be a lesson

When a seller behaves like a greedy asshole simply counter with a higher offer & stand him up.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Let this be a lesson
When a seller behaves like a greedy asshole simply counter with a higher offer & stand him up.

Humm interresting idea. Send me a $500 nigerian checj also

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Sounds like your a firm believer in first to pay, first to play, eh?
I agree with you, though, lots of shady sellers in this hobby....

Oh yeah, I am, and a big believer in telling the truth and being a man of your word and some of the stuff Jack has done is very "shady" to say the least. I believe he is fighting for survival right now and that is when your true self comes out and whether or not you hold to your core principles.

For the first time, I'm considering backing out of the Hobbit because of all the BS. I certainly won't make another payment on the "payment plan" until I get a ton more details on the game AND everybody that ordered a Woz gets theirs. Want to send me a refund? Go ahead.........

#226 9 years ago

I've bought games from 3 sorta-local Pinsiders where I've met/paid/dealt with them in person. All were great. I had first dibbs on Fatsquatch's pins, so if/when he decided to sell them he'd let me know, and if I said I wanted them, I didn't have to worry about them being sold out from under me or the price changing. Another Pinsider PMed me when he saw I posted that I wanted a NGG, and despite me desperately trying to get to his house over a holiday weekend, line up a big enough vehicle, and find enough cash at ATMs, he assured me the whole time that I had first shot and that nobody else even knew about it. He was true to his word, and even took a check for the remaining cash that I couldn't get knowing that I'd tried my best to get cash and was good for it. For my Stargate, the seller was 2 hours away, gave me all his contact info, and they day of when I kept giving him updates on our whereabouts/estimated time after getting stuckin traffic, he always replied with "no rush, no worries, be safe."

All were honest great sellers who had accurately described and priced their machines, and the transactions were great, and I really appreciate it. I'd gladly do business with any of them again. I'd be very pissed off if I'd had a deal with someone and then they sold it out from under me as in this thread's situation. The one time I inquired about a Craigslist pin, the seller texted me and said "Well, they aren't here yet, but if you want to beat them and bring more money, we can work something out." I never even replied to that. And now I don't even bother looking at Craigslist because I know that I don't have the cash, resources, time, and nerves to even try.

#227 9 years ago

Just saw one posted in Dearborn for 1950. Probably the same guy. Good luck

#228 9 years ago

Would someone mention Hitler already and kill this damn thread...? It's making Michigan look like the douchebag state.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from cheesewhisperer:

Would someone mention Hitler already and kill this damn thread...?

I'll try....

hitler_banjo.gifhitler_banjo.gif
#230 9 years ago

Its a pinball machine, get over it.

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Is that exactly what you tell a person when you sell a machine you had verbally agreed to sell them?

You are a perfect example for this thread, thank you for posting in it.

edit---In case anyone didnt know the story, Inhomearcades sold a GNR out from under a solid pinsider who has become a trusted friend of mine after verbally agreeing to the sale(the day this pinsider paid/picked up a LOTR at his shop). Wonder how many other times he has done it?

#232 9 years ago

Man, over the last decade I've had countless pins sold out from under me, even some where I was there 20 minutes after making the deal over the phone. It always, always sucks. The worst was one where I was about 30 minutes from the guy, I made the deal on the phone, and I hopped into my car and took off. When I showed up, some other dude was playing the pin, and the seller said, "oh, just so you know, this guy just bought this, so it's sold, but I have a MAME cabinet if you want to look at that."

I just turned and walked out.

It's fully up to the seller to keep their word for as long as they claim that they will. If they say that they will wait until Tuesday but choose not to, it's no different than them saying that they'll wait an hour and then backing out. Word is word.

#233 9 years ago

In that case, I have a nice TOTAN that i'll sell you for $1500. Get in your car now and hurry to Houston. Bring about $5500 more with you just in case someone offers more while you're on the way down. I'll let you know if its still available when you get here.

#234 9 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

When I showed up, some other dude was playing the pin, and the seller said, "oh, just so you know, this guy just bought this, so it's sold,

Uff that's pretty damn bad.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Is that exactly what you tell a person when you sell a machine you had verbally agreed to sell them?

No, you tell him that some guy hounded you, then you don't look like such a bad guy.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I knew that wouldn't take long. Centerflank to the rescue with some smart ass thing to say!

Quoted from jwo825:

In that case, I have a nice TOTAN that i'll sell you for $1500. Get in your car now and hurry to Houston. Bring about $5500 more with you just in case someone offers more while you're on the way down. I'll let you know if its still available when you get here.

I think your missing my point. Yea it sucks what happened to the potential buyer of this pin, I get it. But there is literally no point in getting this upset over a pin that you could have purchased. ITS A PINBALL MACHINE, who cares, there are literally thousands of them out there. Find another one.

#237 9 years ago

I think your missing my point. Yea it sucks what happened to the potential buyer of this pin, I get it. But there is literally no point in getting this upset over a pin that you could have purchased. ITS A PINBALL MACHINE, who cares, there are literally thousands of them out there. Find another one.

No. I did not miss your point. Because you find this behavior acceptable, doesn't mean everyone or anyone else has to.

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh and that's exactly what I would say to you, personally.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

No. I did not miss your point. Because you find this behavior acceptable, doesn't mean everyone or anyone else has to.

acceptable behavior? No, but it happened, are you really going to sit and bitch about it or are you going to go find another one? Sounds like the millions on unemployment bitching about being laid off or fired, stop collecting tax money for sitting on your ass, get up and get a new job. What happened to people being motivated?

Post edited by moderator: Ejected from thread by mod for the comments. They are political and inflamatory.

#240 9 years ago

You know, it happens with everything.
My mom had a 66 GTO sold out from under her. When my mom called to inquire about it, it was discovered it was actually the same car that her brother had owned years before. Stolen, stripped, recovered, and then sold off. Then just shuffled around. So the seller knew the significance of the vehicle to my mom.
She agreed to pay asking price, and between then and when she got to the bank to get the cash the guy sold to someone else for $300 more. We aren't talking days, it was hours. The seller refused to tell her who bought it.
She was hoping maybe the buyer just wanted the cache of extra parts that came with it and would part with the shell.
I personally think sellers like that are slime balls - but - there is nothing binding on a craigslist ad or forum post unfortunately.
Sucks to hear about though, especially if it was going to be used lovingly and not flipped.

#241 9 years ago

acceptable behavior? No, but it happened, are you really going to sit and bitch about it or are you going to go find another one? Sounds like the millions on unemployment bitching about being laid off or fired, stop collecting tax money for sitting on your ass, get up and get a new job. What happened to people being motivated?

Let the OP bitch about it if he want's to. Losing out on a pin and being on unemployment aren't even close to the same topic. Take your venom about social programs elsewhere, please.

#242 9 years ago

I knew that wouldn't take long. Centerflank to the rescue with some smart ass thing to say!

Do you realize that you are on Pinside, a website created and continued to exist by and for people that like pinball? Yes you are right it is just pinball and if this was a site for feeding hungry children and there was this whole sh*t storm about pinball you would have a point but this is the one place he and others can go where people likeminded can say thing like "ya that is crap" or "I've been there". Try and remember that when you get all high and mighty about just a pinball machine because you are not preaching to the choir.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I've rated everyone on the Db'ery scale, --- pm me if you wish to know your rating.

I suppose you'll automatically be adding two points to anyone from Michigan, now. Thank God I didn't send PM--- I'm pretty sure THAT would've added THREE more...

#244 9 years ago

I think your missing my point.

I think you're missing the point that a man needs to keep his word, we all know thats not very high on your priority scale.

Oh and that's exactly what I would say to you, personally.

Sadly, you will never get this opportunity as I dont do business with people that would shaft a potential buyer.

Thanks for playing though!

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

edit----Ive rated everyone on the Db'ery scale, Its a 1-10 rating, 10 being the worst kind of DB. Ive ranked myself a 7, pm me if you wish to know your rating.

I got a 9...not too shabby!

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Sadly, you will never get this opportunity as I dont do business with people that would shaft a potential buyer.
Thanks for playing though!

Sadly?- Doesn't make me anything other than happy to know we would never be doing any business.

#248 9 years ago

#249 9 years ago

Won't even mention....embarrassingly low....

#250 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Won't even mention....embarrassingly low....

Even with all your annoying Gifs? I demand a recount!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 358 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-who-is-the-michigan-ahole-that-hounded-my-pin-seller-to-break-our-deal/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.