View topic image gallery

sam vs spike.jpg
cleverfox.jpg
Respect-bow.jpg
image.jpg
tron cert.jpg
frightened.jpeg
resurrected thread.jpg
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This is the first Tron thread I've stumbled into.

oh man... there's some fun reading to do on past Tron threads
grab a big drink and enjoy those threads
also... search for "lamp"

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm guessing you're joking....but in case not, I suppose I can explain .
There are lots of rumors on the block of a Tron VE coming out. People that own a Tron right now may be worried about losing value from their pin. So they may sell their used Tron for $5k+ and then hope to rebuy a NIB one soon at ~$4500-$4700. They would get a little extra cash and in turn basically be getting paid to trade up to a NIB Tron.
I have a HUO LOTR and I'd be lying if I said the thought hasn't crossed my mind of selling it... I personally wouldn't want to sell my LOTR in the hopes of a VE coming out. What if they don't come out? Then I would be out one of my favorite games!

None of that makes a bit of sense. How many Trons would be for sale in a universe where no more games could ever be made again? Perhaps exactly the same amount? You are trying to explain that the 4 or 5 Trons that are for sale on this site are because of speculations? No sense at all. How do you know the people selling are not just tired of the game or lost their seasonal job? It's like trying to explain why my friend is selling a LOTR. Who the hell cares? No one gives a rats ass about what speculation flies about the Internet regarding pinball releases. People buy what they like and sell for 50 different reasons. I don't give two shots if my Tron is worth 500 dollars. I bought it and play it because it's entertaining.

What pinball enthusiasts do with their games, rarely has any thing at all to do with Stern rumors and speculations.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

None of that makes a bit of sense. How many Trons would be for sale in a universe where no more games could ever be made again? Perhaps exactly the same amount? You are trying to explain that the 4 or 5 Trons that are for sale on this site are because of speculations? No sense at all. How do you know the people selling are not just tired of the game or lost their seasonal job? It's like trying to explain why my friend is selling a LOTR. Who the hell cares? No one gives a rats ass about what speculation flies about the Internet regarding pinball releases. People buy what they like and sell for 50 different reasons. I don't give two shots if my Tron is worth 500 dollars. I bought it and play it because it's entertaining.
What pinball enthusiasts do with their games, rarely has any thing at all to do with Stern rumors and speculations.

Unfortunately it does - look what happened with prices on MB. People do sell upon rumors. Not saying everyone is, but it does happen.

#54 9 years ago

Less about money, and more about the statement "people are selling off because they can always buy another one for cheaper." That is rarely why someone sells a game and it just doesn't make any sense at all. I have not seen any more MB's for sale this year, than in the previous few years. If they are selling cheaper, the price fluctuation could be explained by a LOT of factors. Such as:

-Everyone looking for a high end MB found what they wanted and no longer need it.
-People realized that the scoring strategies in the game are very one dimensional and have a few odd exploits.
-The game is very humorous, but you can only laugh at the same jokes so many times.
-People realized that a new Stern has a wider variety of gameplay and scoring strategies for half the price.
-The re-decaled cabinets have a strong tendency to crinkle up and fade.
-Prices have actually come down in the last 16 months on nearly ALL higher end titles.
-People are worried they may remake the game for 8K so they sell their original for 10K. Wait-- what-?- I would not buy a MB for 8K, but I would kill myself before I bought a re-faked one for 8K.

20 years from now, how much will a MM sell for compared to a MMr? It really is a moot point because we all know the answer to that question. People should NOT have regrets about spending money on a hobby. All the money put forth should be considered lost.

I thought for 4K (back in 2004), MB was a great game for the cost. For 8K-12K? Yeah um, no thanks. I will sit back and watch others sink 8K into that lottery ticket remake. I wish others luck keeping their head above water.

The overall feeling I have about MMr (that HASN'T EVEN BEEN COMPLETED) is that it may be a flop. No idea yet, but it sure don't look like a bed of roses over in the MMr threads.

To put any amount of fear OR hope into the remake fad is really pointless until we see if it is a success or failure. I honestly do not see it affecting game sales until the first remake game has either completely sold out or has ceased production.

#55 9 years ago

need remakes subforum

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The overall feeling I have about MMr (that HASN'T EVEN BEEN COMPLETED) is that it may be a flop. No idea yet, but it sure don't look like a bed of roses over in the MMr threads.

Looks fine to me. Production starts next month and reviews have been super positive from those that have actually played it.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Lots of people scared

frightened.jpegfrightened.jpeg

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I should tilt this crap simply to hide it just because you can't even remotely prove that statement.

yea i just asked him again when he came to empty my trash can.
gary janitor said they were going to make VE tron.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

TRON LE is an LE...LIMITED EDITION. They won't make more.

bologna. if you read the cert that came with these, it states that the machine is x machine out of 400 LIMITED EDITION PRODUCTION ORIGINALS. That totally leaves the door open for a 2nd run of a non original batch. It's hardly a binding agreement.

tron cert.jpgtron cert.jpg

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

bologna. if you read the cert that came with these, it states that the machine is x machine out of 400 PRODUCTION ORIGINALS. That totally leaves the door open for a 2nd run of a non original batch. It's hardly a binding agreement.

Bologna back at ya.

LIMITED EDITION.

Speaks for itself.

#61 9 years ago

I wear the rarehero thumbs down like a badge of honor. Thanks!

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LIMITED EDITION.

Speaks for itself.

Production ORIGINAL. Leaves doors open for copies. Hardly Binding. Money Talks poop walks.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Production ORIGINAL. Leaves doors open for copies. Hardly Binding. Money Talks Shit walks.

"Copies"? What, is Stern going to run a bootleg operation?

400 Limited Editions means 400 Limited editions.

They've done multiple Pro runs because it has no claim to being limited.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

"Copies"? What, is Stern going to run a bootleg operation?
400 Limited Editions means 400 Limited editions.
They've done multiple Pro runs because it has no claim to being limited.

You can't bootleg your own material. They can call it by a different name and modify it ever-so-slightly. How about calling it an "anniversary edition" or something bogus like that and add some extra chrome or something stupid on the backbox. I would assume even a minor deviation from the LE would be ok in their eyes if it meant making a boatload of cash. You can't be Daft enough to think they wouldn't pull something like this given their recent history, can you?

I'd make a cargument here but those don't fly.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Production ORIGINAL. Leaves doors open for copies. Hardly Binding. Money Talks poop walks.

Not sure if serious, or trolling?

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

You can't bootleg your own material. They can call it by a different name and modify it ever-so-slightly. I would assume even a minor deviation from the LE would be ok in their eyes if it meant making a boatload of cash. You can't be Daft enough to think they wouldn't pull something like this given their recent history, can you?
I'd make a cargument here but those don't fly.

I agree. There's nothing stopping Stern from making the same thing with a minor change, such as different artwork, and calling it a "Special Edition".

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

i think stern will find a "work around" to make more if the money is there. I honestly am NOT buying my buddies game here in Madison because i don't trust stern enough to not halve the value of my game overnight by making some lame work around copy that has all the same features. Kinda like the TWDLE thing with the "no premiums" bs. true story.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

i think stern will find a "work around" to make more if the money is there. I honestly am NOT buying my buddies game here in Madison because i don't trust stern enough to not halve the value of my game overnight by making some lame work around copy that has all the same features. Kinda like the TWDLE thing with the "no premiums" bs. true story.

Saying that Stern might make another run of Tron is one thing, to say that they will re-run Tron LE as a "copy" instead of an "original" is quite another.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

bologna. if you read the cert that came with these, it states that the machine is x machine out of 400 LIMITED EDITION PRODUCTION ORIGINALS. That totally leaves the door open for a 2nd run of a non original batch. It's hardly a binding agreement.

Stern shut off production on AC/DC Luci more than a month before the lic expired, if they wanted to squeeze every dime from every title they could of easily run more Luci and sold them. Stern isn't desperate and they are not going to burn the bridge with their LE buyers to satisfy a handful of people who missed the boat on Tron LE IMHO.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Saying that Stern might make another run of Tron is one thing, to say that they will re-run TRON LE as a "copy" instead of an "original" is quite another.

i think we're getting hung up on semantics here, Rob. i don't really think they're going to call it a "Tron LE COPY Edition" if that's what you think i'm saying. lol.

My main point is i think the door is open for them to work around it by renaming it and modifying it enough that they can legitimately (in their eyes) market the game as a new product.

Do i think this will happen? I'm 50:50 on that. Do I think it CAN happen? Absolutely. Probably approaching the 90% confidence level.

#71 9 years ago

While I have a cherry Tricked out Tron Pro LE FAKE ......when I saw the HUO Tron Pro Toasterdog had listed in FL. a few days ago with that beautiful Chrome armor I actually was trying to figure out a way to sell mine locally and buy his. lol. That being said, I still want to pick up an LE regardless of a future Vault Edition rumors etc......but at 8500-9k that's still a big...Ouch.

Couldn't care less about a Vault or future value on this title as mine's never leaving......Unless I can get my hands on an LE that is. Tron is just that good. My suggestion would be to buy it now and play the hell out of it. You'll never tire of this beast! You only have today.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

While I have a cherry Tricked out Tron Pro LE FAKE ......when I saw the HUO Tron Pro Toasterdog had listed in FL. a few days ago with that beautiful Chrome armor I actually was trying to figure out a way to sell mine locally and buy his. lol. That being said, I still want to pick up an LE regardless of a future Vault Edition rumors etc......but at 8500-9k that's still a big...Ouch.
Couldn't care less about a Vault or future value on this title as mine's never leaving......Unless I can get my hands on an LE that is. Tron is just that good. My suggestion would be to buy it now and play the hell out of it. You'll never tire of this beast! You only have today.

couldn't have said better

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

My suggestion would be to buy it now and play the hell out of it. You'll never tire of this beast! You only have today.

This phrase gets parroted several times in each Tron thread. It's not wrong, BUT there is a lot of value in the convenience and price of buying one NIB. I, for one, am not a buyer of a used Tron (plus $500 shipping) at the current prices. If a pro was re-ran and shipped NIB to my door at the cost of an IMVE, I'd do it. I'm just not obsessed with getting one now in the current state of things.

#74 9 years ago

Never?

I don't think THAT word means what you think it means.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Looks fine to me. Production starts next month and reviews have been super positive from those that have actually played it.

Whatever folks need to do to rest well at night, then do it! I've played two of them if you were inferring otherwise. Opinions really mean nothing. Success or failure of the project is the true measure and that has yet to be seen. Speculation is just that, not dissimilar to a fart in the wind. Some people are hopeful, some people are doubtful... as is life.

It really shocks me that people would rather complain about something like coin mechs over an actual concern like: the game still "potentially" shipping 9 months to one year later than originally estimated. The only hope I have at all is that people learn something from preordering that which they can't yet play/see/test. Never has made a bit of sense to me, but to each their own. If you can justify it and are satisfied with it, that's great. I would never fault or insult in any way regarding a preorder.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I am the proud owner of Toster's Tron. I sold my Tron to help fund my upgraded version.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I am the proud owner of Toster's Tron. I sold my Tron to help fund my upgraded version.

Well there you go. Another reason I forgot to mention. People are selling all their Tron Pros to fund LE's. That explains everything.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

If a pro was re-ran and shipped NIB to my door at the cost of an IMVE, I'd do it. I'm just not obsessed with getting one now in the current state of things.

I don't think they will do a pro, if they re-run it will surely be more expensive.

Posted this in another "it's never going to happen" Tron thread.

Who exactly wants the pro model again? They already did what 4 runs of the pro model, right? Gotta figure Stern will make what people really want next time they do it (LE ingredients) and everyone is right, it wouldn't make sense to re-run the same basic pro for a 5th straight time would it?

If they are going to do it what might they change?

This time it will have to be much better, think about it, an all LED light show for this theme is a no brainer, perhaps even the next generation hardware to justify the higher value and you can most assuredly count on seeing the snazzy new active topper option being literally celebrated by them.

And if a new "active" Tron topper can be retrofitted to work with the old Tron pins from 2011 as well, that's a small fortune in topper sales Mr. Stern won't raise his nose at I'm sure.

Would you rather put a quarter in the old pro or something fancier? Stern aint dummies.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Whatever folks need to do to rest well at night, then do it! I've played two of them if you were inferring otherwise. Opinions really mean nothing. Success or failure of the project is the true measure and that has yet to be seen. Speculation is just that, not dissimilar to a fart in the wind. Some people are hopeful, some people are doubtful... as is life.
It really shocks me that people would rather complain about something like coin mechs, rather than the game already taking 9 months linger than estimated.

Oh don't worry people are complaining about the 9 month delay also.

#80 9 years ago

There won't be any complaints once the game ships.

#81 9 years ago

Since when is value the choice over gameplay? I thought we bought these things because they're fun and drive our significant others crazy.

#82 9 years ago

For some of us they are our significant others.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Since when is value the elect over gameplay? I thought we bought these things because they're fun and drive our significant others crazy.

Yes. But, I got mine for the reverse order

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

buy one and be done with it.

That's what I did!! Have a nicely modded tron pro on its way to my house right now!

#85 9 years ago

Buy the TRON's now! VE, if it ever gets made may be a long way off, don't deprive yourself of the pure joy of playing this title.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You forgot the pic

image.jpgimage.jpg

#87 9 years ago

I am beginning to doubt another TRON anything (VE or other). It seems to have been asked for some time now, and it doesn't appear Stern is interested.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am beginning to doubt another TRON anything (VE or other).

Ya know, I haven't really been paying much attention to that. The only reason I considered selling mine was to get some cash and do some upgrades around the house. But I spent some time and waxed it up, fixed the lighting a bit, and even took some pics. I put it back in the line up. And then we played it. Not for sale.

#89 9 years ago

When Stern want's some quick $$$
they will release a Tron Prem and call it a VE.

#90 9 years ago

No need to thumbs down dude, I was just asking an honest question. This is the first Tron thread I've stumbled into.

QQ. That's the intended function of thumbs down. I don't agree with your post, which is what it's for. Hover over the icon sometime.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

When Stern want's some quick $$$
they will release a Tron Prem and call it a VE.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am beginning to doubt another TRON anything (VE or other). It seems to have been asked for some time now, and it doesn't appear Stern is interested.

How is Stern not interested?

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

For the conspiracy theorists only: perhaps people are selling right now because of the new board Stern has designed for its next generation hardware that acts as an emulator, allowing them to churn out all the old playfields adapted to the snazzy new hardware, but a lot cheaper.

HAHAHA. Called it, over a week ago. The new Spike System - Stern is already showing pictures of it running TWD.

Respect-bow.jpgRespect-bow.jpg

TronLE => VE, Premium, Vault - whatever:

LE playfield
All new LED light system
Snazzy topper option with game integrated lighting
LCD display

It's going to happen... Nothing is sacred anymore

Mark it down.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

HAHAHA. Called it, over a week ago. The new Spike System - Stern is already showing pictures of it running TWD.

TronLE => VE, Premium, Vault - whatever:
LE playfield
All new LED light system
Snazzy topper option with integrated lighting
LCD display
Mark it down.

Respect-bow.jpg 13 KB

What the hell are you blathering about man? Hate to break it to you but you aren't nearly as clever as you think you are..."Mark it down"

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

you aren't nearly as clever as you think you are

cleverfox.jpgcleverfox.jpg
Zing!

#96 9 years ago

sam vs spike.jpgsam vs spike.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-whats-going-on-retron/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.