View topic image gallery

sam vs spike.jpg
cleverfox.jpg
Respect-bow.jpg
image.jpg
tron cert.jpg
frightened.jpeg
resurrected thread.jpg
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Why is everybody selling their Trons all of a sudden? Was debating on whether to pull the trigger on a nicely modded Pro, or maybe biting the bullet on a LE, but the number of them coming on the market lately is giving me pause...

#2 9 years ago

Everybody?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

That said, there have been a lot of Tron LE's on the market recently. There are just so many new choices out there that a lot of people who have enjoyed the hell out of their Tron LE for years are now cashing out of the next big thing.

The fact that there are more to choose from, with lower prices, should do the exact opposite of give you pause!

#3 9 years ago

terror from the vault

#4 9 years ago

I don't think there's anything unusual going on. Lots of new games are on the market. It's a few years old now. People like to try new things.

#5 9 years ago

Mine is not and never will be for sale.

#6 9 years ago

What new choices are there really? I don't consider games that haven't even been built or vaporware preorders to be choices.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

terror from the vault

I read that in the Stiff in the Coffin's voice. Haha!

Been playing too much Scared Stiff.

#8 9 years ago

If you are afraid of losing value, buy gold or silver instead.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I read that in the Stiff in the Coffin's voice.

that was my intent!

#10 9 years ago

Would love to get my hands on a Tron but I'm committed to America's Most Haunted, so no funds.

#11 9 years ago

That being said...somebody sell me their Tron

#12 9 years ago

flavour of the month

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

Was debating on whether to pull the trigger on a nicely modded Pro, or maybe biting the bullet on a LE, but the number of them coming on the market lately is giving me pause...

Seems like now would be the time not to pause if you are looking to buy one. You could always wait until there are very few for sale though.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

What new choices are there really? I don't consider games that haven't even been built or vaporware preorders to be choices.

I agree with you.

Sadly, many others don't agree with us, and they have money down on pins like TH, TBL, Alien, etc.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Everybody?
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
That said, there have been a lot of TRON LE's on the market recently. There are just so many new choices out there that a lot of people who have enjoyed the hell out of their TRON LE for years are now cashing out of the next big thing.
The fact that there are more to choose from, with lower prices, should do the exact opposite of give you pause!

Yes, wrong choice of words, everybody is an exaggeration, just seems like a few more than usual lately. And it is not only LEs, but Tron Pros seem to also be coming up for sale.

I'm probably hyper-sensitive to it since I've been looking so closely for one....

#16 9 years ago

Not Tron specific do a search on most any game you can think of and you will likely find several available... Nothing to see here move along...

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

Yes, wrong choice of words, everybody is an exaggeration, just seems like a few more than usual lately. And it is not only LEs, but Tron Pros seem to also be coming up for sale.
I'm probably hyper-sensitive to it since I've been looking so closely for one....

Like I (and Odin) said earlier: the fact there are more for sale, at lower prices, is a *good* thing for someone like you who have been looking so closely for one!

Snag one of those great deals.

#18 9 years ago

Good point, but a high supply makes it feel like I have more choice, which makes me think the next one coming will be an even better deal, which makes me hesitate. I think if they were more scarce, less supply, less choice, I might pull the trigger faster.... aaaah, it's like reverse psychology....help me... aaah, I know, it makes no sense...oh well. Happy New Year all!

Quoted from RobT:

Like I (and Odin) said earlier: the fact there are more for sale, at lower prices, is a *good* thing for someone like you who have been looking so closely for one!
Snag one of those great deals.

#19 9 years ago

buy one and be done with it.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

makes me think the next one coming will be an even better deal, which makes me hesitate. I think if they were more scarce, less supply, less choice, I might pull the trigger faster.... aaaah, it's like reverse psychology....help me...

I'll sell you my LE for 11k. There, does that help?

#21 9 years ago

resurrected thread.jpgresurrected thread.jpg

I just did a search to find out what the TronLE MSRP was to see what has everyone talking. I'm still a pinball newb. But it seems this pin skyrocketed in perceived value. Is that just from great game play and scarcity?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-call-for-tron-le

For the conspiracy theorists only: perhaps people are selling right now because of the new board Stern has designed for its next generation hardware that acts as an emulator, allowing them to churn out all the old playfields adapted to the snazzy new hardware, but a lot cheaper.

Is this Tron: Legacy like an LE or is it the LE everyone is talking about?
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/tron/tron

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

+1

#23 9 years ago

If anyone wants to dump one in OH - let me know.

Scott

#24 9 years ago

if you:

1. really like the Tron theme (movies, music, actresses, etc...),
2. enjoy an incredible light show on your pinball playfield,
3. like really fast & tough pinball games (don't get frustrated at tough modes or a shot),
4. enjoy daft punk music,
5. like the Tron movie voice-overs as part of your gameplay (sorry TWD owners),
6. have discovered hot ladies think Tron owners are cool,
7. totally dig modding tron stuff on a machine,
8. think EL wire is awesome,

this might be the game for you, and continuing to wait is just another day without

#25 9 years ago

What I have noticed is a lot of the LEs (including mine) that have changed hands recently had very few plays put on by their original owners.

Pinball people that bought them are hanging on to them, but those that bought them as more or less a novelty only are starting to let them go. The dust will settle eventually after everyone finds a good home.

#26 9 years ago

The only reason I'd sell my Tron would be to upgrade it to an LE. I've loved the game since the day I opened the box.

#27 9 years ago

4 year old kid have saner paranoid thoughts while trapped in a closet compared to people on this board.

#28 9 years ago

Lots of people scared of a re run/vault. Seems to be lots more Trons for sale recently....

#29 9 years ago

Anyone looking to buy a Tron or LOTR should just wait until Stern announces their next game. If they announce Tron VE, you'll be able to pick up either a new VE or a PRO / LE for less than you would now. Either way, we all know TRON VE is coming. Has to...

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

If you are afraid of losing value, buy gold or silver instead.

That's not safe either lol.

Played my Tron LE today for the first time in a while after reading all the fuss lately, and can confirm the magic is still there. It's a great game, just buy one and stop thinking about it and start enjoying it.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Lots of people scared of a re run/vault. Seems to be lots more Trons for sale recently....

I don't understand your logic. Please explain.

#32 9 years ago

I have a Tron Pro for sale at $5200. Has nothing to do with a possible vault. I may have a sale pending but no money has changed hands yet.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Same here. My Tron is practically bolted to the ground.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Do you plan on destroying it while you are still alive, or are you going to have it buried next to you?

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I don't understand your logic. Please explain.

I'm guessing you're joking....but in case not, I suppose I can explain .

There are lots of rumors on the block of a Tron VE coming out. People that own a Tron right now may be worried about losing value from their pin. So they may sell their used Tron for $5k+ and then hope to rebuy a NIB one soon at ~$4500-$4700. They would get a little extra cash and in turn basically be getting paid to trade up to a NIB Tron.

I have a HUO LOTR and I'd be lying if I said the thought hasn't crossed my mind of selling it... I personally wouldn't want to sell my LOTR in the hopes of a VE coming out. What if they don't come out? Then I would be out one of my favorite games!

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Do you plan on destroying it while you are still alive, or are you going to have it buried next to you?

i'm being buried IN mine

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

Why is everybody selling their Trons all of a sudden? Was debating on whether to pull the trigger on a nicely modded Pro, or maybe biting the bullet on a LE, but the number of them coming on the market lately is giving me pause...

because gary said the vault edition is being built next year.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Chondro:

because gary said the vault edition is being built next year.

I should tilt this crap simply to hide it just because you can't even remotely prove that statement.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I should tilt this crap simply to hide it just because you can't even remotely prove that statement.

Yet you didn't even bother to give a thumbs down to show your disagreement?

Don't be lazy Frax!

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yet you didn't even bother to give a thumbs down to show your disagreement?
Don't be lazy Frax!

Thought about it. To be honest I was kind of mulling the fact that it's not really a "disagree" as much as I think his statement is just patently false with no way to support it. I'm probably overthinking the use of it, but man.. urrrrgh. I'm trying to get out of the habit of using it just because a post is annoying.

#41 9 years ago

haha.... I told my wife to throw me in the edot when its time

Quoted from labnip:

i'm being buried IN mine

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

DITTO!!

#43 9 years ago

Can someone just summarize for me why there is so much resentment about the idea of a Tron VE? I've played it several times in the last year & I thought it was really outstanding! As far as I understand it, they released Tron pro, then a few years later made a very small, but far more popular LE run due to demand. That's why the LE's are valued so high today.

So the idea of buying an LE is almost impossible since there were so few made, they cost a lot, and the majority of those who own one are unwilling to sell. Seems like no brainer for Stern to make more. Supply vs demand. Kind of like the whole MM vs MMR situation? Sour grapes from owners who stand to lose value on their LE's?

I guess I just answered my own question. I'm not trying to stir the pot. Just trying to understand the dislike of a rumored VE edition. If a Tron VE run makes this outstanding game available to the people who really want to own one, isn't that a good thing? I'd be shocked if Stern doesn't do another run at some point.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

they released Tron pro, then a few years later made a very small, but far more popular LE run due to demand. That's why the LE's are valued so high today.

Completely wrong.

LE's were made first, they're expensive because there was only 400, it was stupid popular as a theme, and half of them went overseas, and ya know...fiber optic ramps.

There were 3 runs of Tron Pro already. They're available on the market, and very few, if anyone, wants to pay 4800+ for an unmodded Tron Pro at this point. The issue isn't the possibility of a VE, it's that it's been DISCUSSED TO DEATH with no offical word from Stern. You want to lobby for a VE, fantastic, please do...on Stern's facebook page. Where it might actually matter. It's been beat to death here and we're all tired of hearing about it. Stern is not stupid. If this was in the works, DON'T YA THINK THEY WOULD SAY SOMETHING AND GET PEOPLE'S MONEY OUT OF OTHER PROJECTS THAT ARE FLOATING AROUND!? = |

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Can someone just summarize for me why there is so much resentment about the idea of a Tron VE? I've played it several times in the last year & I thought it was really outstanding! As far as I understand it, they released Tron pro, then a few years later made a very small, but far more popular LE run due to demand. That's why the LE's are valued so high today.
So the idea of buying an LE is almost impossible since there were so few made, they cost a lot, and the majority of those who own one are unwilling to sell. Seems like no brainer for Stern to make more. Supply vs demand. Kind of like the whole MM vs MMR situation? Sour grapes from owners who stand to lose value on their LE's?
I guess I just answered my own question. I'm not trying to stir the pot. Just trying to understand the dislike of a rumored VE edition. If a Tron VE run makes this outstanding game available to the people who really want to own one, isn't that a good thing? I'd be shocked if Stern doesn't do another run at some point.

1. No one is against Tron Vault. It's just obnoxious and annoying that there are 40 threads a day about it & tons of speculation and rumor based on nothing but a few people who feel entitled to it. There were already multiple re-runs of the Pro, which filled demand for the game. Iron Man never had those multiple runs... when it came out everyone hated it.

2. Tron LE came out first...Avatar LE was the first LE with extra playfield stuff...and it came out after the Pro, pissing off those who bought the Pro a few months earlier. So - Rolling Stones LE and Tron LE were announced simultaneously with the Pro, and the LEs were built/delivered first.

3. Tron LE is an LE...LIMITED EDITION. They won't make more. That would destroy their already fledgling Limited Edition sales model, which is very lucrative. Those speculating Tron VE are not just speculating Tron VE ...but Tron PREMIUM VE -which would be a remake of the LE, which Stern said they'd never do. So far the only VE is IM VE, which is a PRO model. If there was a Tron VE, it would be based off the Pro model.

EDIT: Frax wins lol

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Completely wrong.
LE's were made first, they're expensive because there was only 400, it was stupid popular as a theme, and half of them went overseas, and ya know...fiber optic ramps.
There were 3 runs of Tron Pro already. They're available on the market, and very few, if anyone, wants to pay 4800+ for an unmodded Tron Pro at this point. The issue isn't the possibility of a VE, it's that it's been DISCUSSED TO DEATH with no offical word from Stern. You want to lobby for a VE, fantastic, please do...on Stern's facebook page. Where it might actually matter. It's been beat to death here and we're all tired of hearing about it. Stern is not stupid. If this was in the works, DON'T YA THINK THEY WOULD SAY SOMETHING AND GET PEOPLE'S MONEY OUT OF OTHER PROJECTS THAT ARE FLOATING AROUND!? = |

#47 9 years ago

From what I remember Tron was not super popular when it was first released. Everyone thought it was too simplistic, especially for the price of an LE. They went down in price pretty fast (I could have gotten an LE for $4500), then seemingly overnight a few people started hyping them up and the prices skyrocketed.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

haha.... I told my wife to throw me in the edot when its time

ohhh man... good point.
might need to cut me in half and put half in my EDOT and half in the Pin.
ewwwww.... maybe not...

#49 9 years ago

I just sold my pro today but the reason I did was I upgraded to a better Tron with more mods. Tron is a keeper for me.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

1. No one is against Tron Vault. It's just obnoxious and annoying that there are 40 threads a day about it & tons of speculation and rumor based on nothing but a few people who feel entitled to it. There were already multiple re-runs of the Pro, which filled demand for the game. Iron Man never had those multiple runs... when it came out everyone hated it.
2. TRON LE came out first...Avatar LE was the first LE with extra playfield stuff...and it came out after the Pro, pissing off those who bought the Pro a few months earlier. So - Rolling Stones LE and TRON LE were announced simultaneously with the Pro, and the LEs were built/delivered first.
3. TRON LE is an LE...LIMITED EDITION. They won't make more. That would destroy their already fledgling Limited Edition sales model, which is very lucrative. Those speculating Tron VE are not just speculating Tron VE ...but Tron PREMIUM VE -which would be a remake of the LE, which Stern said they'd never do. So far the only VE is IM VE, which is a PRO model. If there was a Tron VE, it would be based off the Pro model.
EDIT: Frax wins lol

Thanks for explaining. I had no idea that's what happened. Completely understand.

Quoted from Frax:

Completely wrong

No need to thumbs down dude, I was just asking an honest question. This is the first Tron thread I've stumbled into.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-whats-going-on-retron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.