Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by nerd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Just got done putting all the LEDs in SW. I put the balls back in slide the glass back on and fire it up! But then it says 2 balls are missing ok so I adjust the ball return micro switch thinkin that's the problem. Nope. Now it doesn't say any balls are missing but all the coils pop when I hit start and the DMD turns off and it won't start a game!! Any ideas???

#2 12 years ago

Ok got a game started but now it doesn't recognize when the ball drains. I even tried activating the ball return micro switch myself and nothing. What the hell is going on?!?!?

#3 12 years ago

Do you have the correct amount of balls in the game?Try reseating the ribbon
    connectors on the MPU board.

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from DarthPinhead:

Ok got a game started but now it doesn't recognize when the ball drains. I even tried activating the ball return micro switch myself and nothing. What the hell is going on?!?!?

Check the wiring to that switch and make sure no wires came loose.

#5 12 years ago

Im tryin everything here mike! Its the same switch you help me with a looong time ago never switched it out but when I run a coil test that one doesnt go off. Does that mean its a bad coil? I also put the LED's in while the machine was on. Is that bad? Thanks Mike

P.s. Im glad your back!

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Do you have the correct amount of balls in the game?Try reseating the ribbon
    connectors on the MPU board.

Not exactly sure what that is. Im guess the board behind the backglass? Could I have blown a fuse? I looked and none of them look blown but then Ive never seen a blown fuse lol

#7 12 years ago

Im tryin everything here mike! Its the same switch you help me with a looong time ago never switched it out but when I run a coil test that one doesnt go off. Does that mean its a bad coil? I also put the LED's in while the machine was on. Is that bad? Thanks Mike

Never change bulbs or work on your machine with the power on,Thats how shorts
    can happen.Switches do go bad over a period of time and have to be replaced they
    dont last forever,Check for a blown fuse.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Never change bulbs or work on your machine with the power on,Thats how shorts
    can happen.

If i did short something, is that really bad??? How do I know/fix that? Thanks again Mike!

#9 12 years ago

Shorts can be a real pain in the rear but it sounds more like the switch has gone
    bad and is not registering.Are there any other things you've noticed thats not working?

BTW,Blown fuses can sometimes be seen but not always,Its always good to check
    with a MM.Also,Check the wiring on that coil and the wiring on the switch,make sure
    none of the wires came loose.

#10 12 years ago

No not yet but Im givin in for tonight Im beat. Ill order a new switch tomorrow and wait and try that I guess. Another thing thats weird is even when I put the ball somewhere else (like the R2d2 or death star holes) it just shoots it out right away. O well good night Mike thanks again and Ill let ya know how it goes once I get the new switch.

#11 12 years ago

No not yet but Im givin in for tonight Im beat. Ill order a new switch tomorrow and wait and try that I guess. Another thing thats weird is even when I put the ball somewhere else (like the R2d2 or death star holes) it just shoots it out right away. O well good night Mike thanks again and Ill let ya know how it goes once I get the new switch.

Ok,Post back how things go and your welcome

#12 12 years ago

Another thing thats weird is even when I put the ball somewhere else (like the R2d2 or death star holes) it just shoots it out right away.

If this happens during testing and the high power is not shut off its completely
    normal because the switch activates the coil.

2 weeks later
    #13 12 years ago

Darth did you get it figured out? Seems I'm having a similar issue. I checked the wiring and nothing is loose or disconnected. And I never work on the machine with power on.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-what-the-heck-did-i-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.