(Topic ID: 184111)

Ok, Tron LE search, starting to waiver (Alien, Aerosmith, Dialed In?)

By pinrock

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinrock
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Was thinking I wanted a Tron LE and am ready to pull the trigger, but haven't been successful in the last 3 weeks, which is frustrating.

I've never played a Tron..., like the theme, and seems like my type of pin, but a little worried about the play, seems people either love it or don't. (and I hear a lot of "overpriced" comments,,,and of course there's the vault edition that is coming out )

Since I can't find one I am starting to waiver a bit and eye a couple of other options, like Alien and Aerosmith, and maybe even a Dialed In (all unproven, I know...)

So....opinions? (I know I am asking for it here, but let the games begin! .... )

#2 2 years ago

Haven't tried Alien or Aerosmith yet, but I prefer Tron to Dialed In. Both were fun gameplay wise, but the music and theme made Tron more enjoyable to me.

#3 2 years ago

Forgot your Dialed In tag, got it for ya

Considering Tron LE is so highly regarded and "rare" from the start I'm not surprised it's taking you that long, and it's only been a very very very measly three weeks, is it only an EM community thing to look for something for years and it's pretty normal? Anyways, might want to be a little more patient if you're set on that, they didn't make very many. (400)

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Forgot your Dialed In tag, got it for ya
Considering Tron LE is so highly regarded and "rare" from the start I'm not surprised it's taking you that long, and it's only been a very very very measly three weeks, is it only an EM community thing to look for something for years and it's pretty normal? Anyways, might want to be a little more patient if you're set on that, they didn't make very many. (400)

Yea, I agree , it's more about my pinball ADD, then patience, and seeing other new pins with promise...

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

I've never played a Tron..., like the theme, and seems like my type of pin, but a little worried about the play, seems people either love it or don't. (and I hear a lot of "overpriced" comments,,,and of course there's the vault edition that is coming out )
Since I can't find one I am starting to waiver a bit and eye a couple of other options, like Alien and Aerosmith, and maybe even a Dialed In (all unproven, I know...)

I really wouldn't recommend buying any games until you have played them. What is your budget? Reason I ask is Tron LE isn't really all that hard to find if you really want one as their is nearly always at least 2-3 for sale. It's just you are looking at $10K to get them. If you are waiting for $9K or less that look will take longer (but is doable).

#6 2 years ago

Any NIB game is going to holdish it's value for awHile. So grab a new one and see if you like it...if not sell it in a couple months.

#7 2 years ago

All of three weeks! That's a long time to search for a game.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

All of three weeks! That's a long time to search for a game.

I know, first world problems, right?

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I really wouldn't recommend buying any games until you have played them. What is your budget? Reason I ask is Tron LE isn't really all that hard to find if you really want one as their is nearly always at least 2-3 for sale. It's just you are looking at $10K to get them. If you are waiting for $9K or less that look will take longer (but is doable).

I know, but I'm not very good with following that advice, check this out: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/never-played-it-before-you-bought-it#post-3660240

#10 2 years ago

Tron is a fine game but over-rated in my opinion, Aerosmith looks ok but unless you love that band then who cares, Dialed In looks great if you can get past the shit theme, I would go with Alien. JMO good luck sir

#11 2 years ago

There is a reason it is hard to find a Tron LE.......... Patience and cash is all it takes.

#12 2 years ago

Would strongly advise you to try and play it first, as I did the same thing as you. I bought a Tron LE without having played it, based on what I heard. It left my collection quickly - didn't care for it that much at all, and definitely not for the price it is/was going for. But again, of course everyone has different opinions.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Would strongly advise you to try and play it first, as I did the same thing as you. I bought a Tron LE without having played it, based on what I heard. It left my collection quickly - didn't care for it that much at all, and definitely not for the price it is/was going for. But again, of course everyone has different opinions.

I pretty much did the same. Tron kicked my ass in the arcade. I finally got a tricked out Tron Pro, then upgraded to a Tron LE. I sold 2 machines to get it, but it's the best game. Love it.

I know about searching though. Toughest thing in pinball is to want something and not find it right away. Takes time.

#14 2 years ago

Can't understand why Aerosmith is on your list of choices. Doesn't seem to compare to the other three titles.

Also, I don't think the differences on TRON LE/PRO are significant enough to merit the additional cost. Would not be as hard for you to find a PRO and resale value will still be good if u decide on Dialed In or Alien (when those titles are readily available).

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Ok, I need to find a Tron LE to play near St. Louis...

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Tron is a fine game but over-rated in my opinion,

It's a fun game that really keeps it's appeal for me, but the LE for sure over rated.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Can't understand why Aerosmith is on your list of choices. Doesn't seem to compare to the other three titles.
Also, I don't think the differences on TRON LE/PRO are significant enough to merit the additional cost. Would not be as hard for you to find a PRO and resale value will still be good if u decide on Dialed In or Alien (when those titles are readily available).

Yea, don't know, I guess I'm wishing thinking that Aerosmith approaches Reh experience of AC/DC, which I really like.

And barring a Tron VE coming out, resale value on both the LE and Pro seems to be holding up pretty good , unless you way overpay.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 21.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 150.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Exton, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,400 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
New York City, NY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Sale Pending!
Colts Neck , NJ
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside