(Topic ID: 67594)

Please Stern - ACDC Summer '14 Update Request (SUR)

By BillP

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 210 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dmand.gif
78644-thats-what-she-said-gif-LfdW.jpeg
Stern-TF-Board1.jpg
image.jpg
acdc-xmas.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
image-805.jpg
TOB.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 10 years ago

I would say update the game codes in the order they were released. So oldest game gets completed first and so on. But in reality everyone will just want the game that they personally own to be completed first.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

WOF would hold everything up then. Updating old games that are out of production makes no sense except for fan-service perspective.

Star Trek needs code, and it needs it now, much like many (including myself) feel about Metallica.

I guess I should have been more specific. Obviously games as old or older then WOF I wasn't talking about. I was talking about the ones from the past few years they are still selling now like Xmen, Avengers, AC/DC, Metallica, Transformers ect.... In whatever order those came out in.You further prove the point I stated above. You own Metallica and what do you want done first? Well..........Metallica of course, this was the point I was making. Thank you for proving it.

#38 10 years ago

How is that obvious? WOF is renowned for needing code. I would vote WOF code over ACDC code at this point. People have been waiting forever for it, but it would only be fan service to do it.

Yes I own Metallica, and uhh no I didn't say Metallica should be done first.

Don't see how I proved your point at all. I said Star Trek should be first in line. Star Trek needs code worse than Metallica because Stern needs to convince everyone to buy one, including those who bought Metallica and might be thinking twice now. Metallica isn't THE game anymore, it should already have been handled when it was #1. It hasn't so at this point from MY perspective Stern has moved on and has elected to accept Metallica as 'near finished' as ACDC. Is this true? No, but they are only backlogging themselves more by not moving on.

Well all I know is STLE will be my last Stern ever if they don't complete the code on it. I will be moving to the competition, now that there is some.

#41 10 years ago

Hah sorry i was editing and re-editing that post so it looks like im dodging your quote. oh well.
Feel free but the competitions code isnt finished either. Maybe its better, or not. Either way no current manufacturer is:
a) delivering on time
b) shipping complete software
c) cheap
Which means we will all be here whining for the forseeable future hahaha

Well as much as I think Rick's customer service skills are lacking I can tell you PPS machines will ship with completed code

#47 10 years ago

Yup but the competition has 6 months before they're a real threat. So far it's only down payments

This is true. There could be 3 more unfinished Sterns released by then. (joke)

1 week later
#95 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

This is stupid. Acdc has some of the best code in all pinball - including Bally/Williams era games. It's one thing to bitch about say xmen, Metallica, Star Trek. But when someone starts complaining about acdc code, it actually hurts. If I were working at stern and seeing this thread, I'd ignore it along with all the valid code fix threads. Once people are complaining about this, they're just complainers and nothing will appease them. So why try?

This ^^^^^^^^ is true. AC/DC is in good shape. Stern should start with the oldest first, Xmen, then move up from there, Metallica, ect......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-stern-where-is-our-acdc-updates?tu=quartergrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.