• They shouldn't make any vault editions of any game 48 votes
    16%

(300 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pro-vs-LE.jpg
Chicken little.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Who's with me? Bring SM out of the vault next after IM. The squeaky wheel got the IM release, let's put SM at the top of their go to list!

#19 9 years ago

LOTR might be tough to get licence for again with TH coming out. Maybe down the line..

Quoted from Rarehero:

Spider-Man and LOTR are very easy to find at reasonable prices...Stern made tons of them. Not sure the demand is there to run them again.

Exactly, SM sells used, reasonably quickly at 5G +/- beat up ones at 4G. Right where Stern seems to want to be..It even sounds like it did well on route...

Now we just need Gary to say they won't ever be making them again for the lock...

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Plenty of spiderman pins out there I just bought this one the other day from what I understand the licensing for the art has run out if they were to do a new spiderman Pin based off the new movie that would be awesome but of course it would be totally different not to mention that they have already run Spider-Man from 2007 until 2010 so I don't really see a need for a remake of this title it's not like it's as rare as Iron Man was

The only remake need Stern seems to want to have is can they make a lot of money off of it. Used ones sell fairly regularly @ 5 grand. I'm sure you paid more than that for that nice looking one. That just means that stern has a market. It seems they went out of their way to not just remake Iron Man but they are making a production of "Vault edition" and saying that they will go back in and make more of all the games that they think that they can make money off of. Spiderman seems to fit that bill. With its price point and general demand. They don't care if they crash the used market. They're in the new market.

#124 9 years ago

Now over 100 people voted that they want, or could be persuaded to buy a NIB SM. That's just a very small slice of the pinball market I would think (people on the site who read this thread & voted). After Stern finishes counting their IM money & starts to look at what else can they do to follow up, I can't see how SM isn't on the short list

I don't believe the licence is going to be that big of a deal. Look at how many times that excuse was used for Iron Man & they still remade it. I played one over the weekend & it wouldn't be that hard to edit out the actors if they really wanted to. Besides, if someone wants to throw money at you for what is essentially a movie that is behind you & not making you anything, why wouldn't you grab it? What does Sony care about who is on a pinball machine? They do care about $$$ I would think...

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think Spidey is highly unlikely due to the original movies now being an irrelevant theme from a marketing standpoint

That's the problem in general when you make pins based on movies.
It seems like they are intent on going back & making other titles on games they can make a profit on. Once they see how many IMVE they sell, greed naturally says what can we do next? This poll alone says over 100 potential customers. I wonder how many are needed to make running a pin worthwhile?

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Some people only want NIB games
You know, like normal folk with a nice game room, not weird "pinball people".
They'd buy an IM new but not used, because that's weird, old & unreliable in their eyes.
So the more NIB offerings in stock the more machines Stern will sell.

Exactly! People want plug and play. Maybe I can buy a used Spiderman for 5G but there is no guarantee that it will be working when I get it home. NIB gives people the illusionthat there will be no problems for a long time. (Avengers anyone?)
I also can't help but notice with all of the people saying how readily available they are, not one person has posted why buy a new one when you can have mine for X amount of dollars?

4 months later
#174 9 years ago

I broke down and bought one. That should be a lock that it gets remade now..

2 years later
#176 7 years ago

Glad I did. Would have waited all that time to find out that I don't like the Ultimate Spider-Man

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-stern-we-want-spiderman-ve-next?tu=Butch2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.