• I could be persuaded 69 votes
    23%
  • Pass 113 votes
    38%
  • They shouldn't make any vault editions of any game 48 votes
    16%

(299 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pro-vs-LE.jpg
Chicken little.jpeg
image.jpg

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

...and has moved into a new factory

Nope.

#152 5 years ago

(lousy car analogy ahead)
Toyota should stop making so many cars. It's killing the collector market for Corrolas!
Sure, they would be out of business, but hey, your resale value is saved.

Do we want the pinball hobby to be at death's door like it was several years ago? So we can have a handful of pins that would go into the 5 figure range?

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

So the more NIB offerings in stock the more machines Stern will sell.

Given that Stern only manufacturers and sells new machines, isn't this stating the obvious?

Gary is fond of saying that Stern is just a manufacturer. A good manufacturer only bothers making products people want to buy, so if people want a remake, it's just as good a product to make as a new game.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Given that Stern only manufacturers and sells new machines, isn't this stating the obvious?

It is

But weird pinball people think it's all about collectibility & the secondary market prices

You have 35 machines... Which side are you on?

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

"Finally, with all the above and more, we have improved pinball's ROI (return on investment). Games are better designed and attract more players, earning more because they are fun. The games are more service free. And the games have a great resale value. With rational levels of pinball machine production in recent years, there is a shortage of good used games, for sales to operators and for sales to homeowners, particularly in America. The result is a high resale value worldwide for pinball. This may be unique to pinball."

- GARY STERN

I guess no one read my quote from Gary Stern.. this is not made up. Resale value is important to Gary.

"With rational levels of pinball machine production in recent years, there is a shortage of good used games, for sales to operators and for sales to homeowners, particularly in America. The result is a high resale value worldwide for pinball."

Its not "all about" the secondary market, or none of us would buy.. but secondary market is essential to this hobby.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I guess no one read my quote from Gary Stern.. this is not made up. Resale value is important to Gary.
"With rational levels of pinball machine production in recent years, there is a shortage of good used games, for sales to operators and for sales to homeowners, particularly in America. The result is a high resale value worldwide for pinball."
Its not "all about" the secondary market, or none of us would buy.. but secondary market is essential to this hobby.

....and a re-run of a 3 year old Pro title isn't going to crash the secondary market....just means the last $7k IM sold to some unfortunate dude.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

....and a re-run of a 3 year old Pro title isn't going to crash the secondary market....just means the last $7k IM sold to some unfortunate dude.

if someone over pays for a 7k used toy i don't have much sympathy for them or their decision. we all take one on the chin from time to time, no big deal, i would still like my game. crack a cold one and have some fun with it. live and learn or rinse and repeat...we all have options.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i don't have much sympathy for them or their decision. we all take one on the chin from time to time, no big deal, i would still like my game. crack a cold one and have some fun with it. live and learn or rinse and repeat...we all have options.

Until it happens to you in some form or another. Words and indifference such as this could come back to haunt you someday. -Then again some people never get it.

Kim

#159 5 years ago

i would never pay more for a used game then when it was sold nib when dealing with modern sterns. but my nib machines i fully expect to lose money on when it is time to sell.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

-Then again some people never get it.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Until it happens to you in some form or another. Words and indifference such as this could come back to haunt you someday. -Then again some people never get it.
Kim

I sold my original modded IM for $4k....sure, I've said "eh, if I only had held onto it longer..." ...but what are ya gonna do - life goes on.

3 weeks later
#162 5 years ago

I really hope Stern makes a Vault Edition Spider-man. I would love to have one, and it is one of the few titles I would consider purchasing new. I don't want to debate what games should be re-released as vault editions. I just hope Spider-man is on the short list. I would love to know what titles Stern is actually considering for the VE's.

#163 5 years ago

As long as they change the terrible music, get the old school spidey song from the 60's cartoon and I'm in.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

As long as they change the terrible music, get the old school spidey song from the 60's cartoon and I'm in.

And the dots,like tf , looks like a mess on the screen,I would rather have had something like st ,still a fun game.

#166 5 years ago

Yes, I agree.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's what "Pinball Browser is for"

#168 5 years ago

LOTR already had several runs - there are still a lot out in the wild. I would definitely buy a Spider-Man, but I sincerely hope Tron is next up on the line. I missed out on it when it first came out, and I can't find one in the wild. I would buy a Tron in an instant.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That song is in the game - a lot. There's a sting of that music when you hit various shots - and it's the game over music & the light show is choreographed to it.

3 months later
#170 4 years ago

Any rumors about the next VE game post the Expo?

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

LOTR already had several runs - there are still a lot out in the wild. I would definitely buy a Spider-Man, but I sincerely hope Tron is next up on the line. I missed out on it when it first came out, and I can't find one in the wild. I would buy a Tron in an instant.

You can't find a Tron in the wild? Seriously?

2 weeks later
#172 4 years ago

I want a spiderman VE... Pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssse

#173 4 years ago

This is part of an exchange I had with my distributor last week. Take it with a grain of salt but:

"LOTR is a new rumor for me, but it wouldn't surprise me. I asked about Spiderman a few weeks ago and was told "not in the plans""

#174 4 years ago

I broke down and bought one. That should be a lock that it gets remade now..

2 years later
#175 2 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I broke down and bought one. That should be a lock that it gets remade now..

Prophetic

#176 2 years ago

Glad I did. Would have waited all that time to find out that I don't like the Ultimate Spider-Man

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.50
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside