• I could be persuaded 69 votes
    23%
  • Pass 113 votes
    38%
  • They shouldn't make any vault editions of any game 48 votes
    16%

(299 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pro-vs-LE.jpg
Chicken little.jpeg
image.jpg

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Spider-Man and LOTR are very easy to find at reasonable prices...Stern made tons of them. Not sure the demand is there to run them again.

Describe reasonable

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Gambit publically refuses to ever buy another Stern....and nothing happens. Crickets. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gambit and thousands of others publically refuse to ever buy another Stern or any other new pin for that matter....and pinball is never the same again... Pinside depression sets in.

Sorry, was just looking into the future.

#103 5 years ago

There will be people lining up around the block for a LOTR, SM and IM premium as well.

Why not? Better sound (x10 with Lotr), new artwork, new lighting x100. I would trade up both my LOTR and SM, despite suffering a big drop on my current pin prices.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Gambit and thousands of others publically refuse to ever buy another Stern or any other new pin for that matter....and pinball is never the same again... Pinside depression sets in.

yeah what a huge loss for stern. flags at half mast come monday morning at the factory...zzz then time to crank out the 500 irom mans they just sold in one day.

Chicken little.jpeg
#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Describe reasonable

Even though SM and LOTR prices are higher now than they were back in the day - they're still less than if Stern were to re-run them, as I don't believe Stern could offer SM or LOTR at their Pro price. IM can easily be sold at their Pro price because it's one of the most cost reduced games they ever made. They'd be ~$6500 NIB Premiums. You can totally find nice HUO examples of those games for less.

Quoted from iceman44:

There will be people lining up around the block for a LOTR, SM and IM premium as well.
Why not? Better sound (x10 with Lotr), new artwork, new lighting x100. I would trade up both my LOTR and SM, despite suffering a big drop on my current pin prices.

Better sound on LOTR means re-writing LOTR for SAM or the new system. Not sure they're willing to go through that effort. I'd be a sucker and trade-up too, though lol.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

yeah what a huge loss for stern. flags at half mast come monday morning at the factory...zzz then time to crank out the 500 irom mans they just sold in one day.

Huge loss? Who said anything about that? It's great for Stern… temporarily. Easy money for sure but continuing to profit at others expenses and flood the market with more and more of the same… well you know.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yup, the hobby commits suicide. Seems some of our fellow hobbyists would relish this. Instead, how about they just foad, and leave the rest of us to enjoy the best period in pinball in 20 years?

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah, but, but, if people keep buying pinball machines from the pinball manufacturers, won't this put them out of business?!?

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm looking at Stern's archive list...honestly I don't really see any titles that have enough demand to justify re-runs.

I see one they could do on a smaller scale: BBH Pro.

Game shares the same IM VE run criteria of being an inexpensive game to re-run (also from the cost-cutting era)...and would also be great bang for the buck pin (sorry couldn't resist) for hobbyists.

Unrelated point, but the game is also an ass-kicker with short ball times like IM: it's a real blast to play (despite the theme that's obviously not for everyone--but the game does a good job of deflecting the theme with humor...I'm personally not a hunter and I like the game enough to want one--love the moving Buck center target: reminds me a lot of MB's Drac Trac...seems BBH's rarely come up FS).

Sure, there's probably not enough demand for four-digit sales...but I think it could do well on a smaller run (like the small batch of FGY IIRC run specifically for one retailer a few years ago...maybe it was TSPP/not sure which of the two it was, but I do recall the small batch re-run).

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Game shares the same IM VE run criteria of being an inexpensive game to re-run (also from the cost-cutting era)...and would also be great bang for the buck pin (sorry couldn't resist) for hobbyists.
Unrelated point, but the game is also an ass-kicker with short ball times like IM: it's a real blast to play (despite the theme that's obviously not for everyone--but the game does a good job of deflecting the theme with humor...I'm personally not a hunter and I like the game enough to want one--love the moving Buck center target: reminds me a lot of MB's Drac Trac...seems BBH's rarely come up FS).
Sure, there's probably not enough demand for four-digit sales...but I think it could do well on a smaller run (like the small batch of FGY IIRC run specifically for one retailer a few years ago...maybe it was TSPP/not sure which of the two it was, but I do recall the small batch re-run).

Uhhh, no. You can get a mint one under $4k. No chance of a remake of BBH.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Ummmm No. One has a great Kick ass theme, Has been selling for around 6k for HUO examples & the other is BBH.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i didn't read that memo or make that assumption at any time, both past and present. it's really quite a fantastical stretch of ones imagination, and a healthy dose of hubris, that because no premium was initially made it would never happen. so yeah my argument is flawed because i didn't utilize your version of what reality is, and what stern does and doesn't essentially promise.

there will still be long lineups for the next stern le nib long after the 2 dozen tronle owners here swear off them.

This is an assumption, founded or not. I have already mentally moved away from buying any pin based on an LE nomenclature, because of the understanding that a premium game is the same game minus some "bling". I would not have bought an XMENLE had I known there was gong to be a premium, I would have bought the premium instead. The same would be true to many LE TRON owners. Many people (self included) would buy the premium version for less money with the same game features over an LE. Releasing a Premium version of Tron or XMEN years after the fact would be indeed a slap in the face to those who bought under the guise of.....This is limited in features compared to the Pro version....this is your only chance to get a playable version of said game. However....Stern, JJP, or any other Pinball maker can do what they want with their company, just don't expect there to be no ill consequences.

In other words, I will never buy an LE again if they decide to produce a "premium" after the fact.

It has less to do with.....Wahhhhh I want to be the only guy with this pin!, and more to do with WTF, I would have gladly paid less for the Prem version, had I known there would be one. There will be no more sense of urgency to buy the LE before it is sold out, knowing the next version is around the corner.

Again, this is Sterns choice, and we will decide based on Sterns actions.

Quoted from vex:

i didn't read that memo

The memo was short, maybe you missed it. It was a press release that read there is an LE (Limited Edition) and a Pro version. That memo was in contrast to other games MET, ACDC, The Avengers, Mustang, and any other game I am forgetting that was released as an LE, Prem, and Pro from the beginning.

#113 5 years ago

The biggest fear for all of us should be that manufacturers ultimately cannot stay afloat. All the game-specific noise pales into insignificance against an outcome where the last factory shuts its doors. I'm all for these guys doing whatever they can to stay in business. I own a Tron LE, and if they ever announced a premium I would smile from ear to ear at the excitement it would generate. I can't tell you how happy I am to be able to get a new IM, and I'm all for as many people as possible to enjoy that feeling. We are all trying to keep the child in us alive here, and the death of that would be a sad day indeed.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

The biggest fear for all of us should be that manufacturers ultimately cannot stay afloat. All the game-specific noise pales into insignificance against an outcome where the last factory shuts its doors. I'm all for these guys doing whatever they can to stay in business. I own a TRON LE, and if they ever announced a premium I would smile from ear to ear at the excitement it would generate. I can't tell you how happy I am to be able to get a new IM, and I'm all for as many people as possible to enjoy that feeling. We are all trying to keep the child in us alive here, and the death of that would be a sad day indeed.

Well then, if a Premium Tron happens, I would consider your Tron LE a first addition, not a Limited addition. To be fair though, I feel the same way about ACDC LE, except the buyers were at least fully aware of the Premium addition. They were informed buyers from the start.

Again....Stern, JJP, ect. can do what they want, but not without consequences. IMHO Stern should distance themselves away from pulling a WOZLERR addition as much as possible. But what do I know, I'm just a customer.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

The memo was short, maybe you missed it. It was a press release that read there is an LE (Limited Edition) and a Pro version. That memo was in contrast to other games MET, ACDC, The Avengers, Mustang, and any other game I am forgetting that was released as an LE, Prem, and Pro from the beginning.

if you can show me where on the short memo stern announced no premiums, or other versions will ever be produced at any time in the future that would settle the memo thing.

so you would rather have a premium but bought the le because no premium existed back then and now you would be angry if stern made the premium you always wanted, while enjoying your le?

timebandit has it right and he's just a customer...

#116 5 years ago

Speaking of limited editions; wouldn't Black Spiderman be the better pin to bring back? It's rare, 500 made, high priced and in demand. It would certainly piss off all the Black Spiderman owners though and break the Stern limited edition promise.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

so you would rather have a premium but bought the le because no premium existed back then and now you would be angry if stern made the premium you always wanted, while enjoying your le?

It's like you didn't even read his post.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's like you didn't even read his post.

I'm done trying to explain my views on this subject to vex. He's either unable to grasp what we're saying, or he's being deliberately obtuse. Either way, it seems pointless to keep repeating the same facts over and over again.

#119 5 years ago

i'm done as well. timebandit framed my opinion on this. peace.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

It has less to do with.....Wahhhhh I want to be the only guy with this pin!, and more to do with WTF, I would have gladly paid less for the Prem version, had I known there would be one. There will be no more sense of urgency to buy the LE before it is sold out, knowing the next version is around the corner.

I'm trying to agree with you on this; but it seems like Stern may not have been able to forecast a scenario where they would even make a Tron Premium at the time. This is likely part of the reason why they made so few Tron (Pro/LE) (relatively) in the first place.

Should people be upset with Stern for not having the foresight that there might be future demand for a Tron Premium? That seems unreasonable.

It wouldn't be fair to assume that Stern was planning this all along, rubbing their hands together greedily while the LE orders came in, knowing full well that they would cash in on a Premium version in the future. That seems completely unlikely.

So that not being the case, we're left to assume Stern's hands are tied w/r/t a possible Tron Premium... because they didn't foresee a future demand. What's wrong with that assumption is that it doesn't make business sense.

Yes, Stern should be sensitive to keeping the integrity of their Tron LE promise (if a promise was made or implied). But they're releasing vault versions for a reason--they make business sense.

That said... the point of an LE is literally to keep demand high by producing small numbers... which drives up the value. But Stern's own recent patterns show that they can and have released Premium versions of their games without batting an eyelash about it. The question is... will they do so with a possible Tron Premium.

#121 5 years ago

Lot of butthurt & bitch'n here lately on both sides

Cheer up, cool shit is being made & I bet more is in the queue (new & remake).

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Lot of butthurt & bitch'n here lately on both sides
Cheer up, cool shit is being made & I bet more is in the queue (new & remake).

Seriously all. Many great new and old pins being made in a pinball resurgence why so much complaining/whining?

#123 5 years ago

nobody is complaining about going forward

#124 5 years ago

Now over 100 people voted that they want, or could be persuaded to buy a NIB SM. That's just a very small slice of the pinball market I would think (people on the site who read this thread & voted). After Stern finishes counting their IM money & starts to look at what else can they do to follow up, I can't see how SM isn't on the short list
I don't believe the licence is going to be that big of a deal. Look at how many times that excuse was used for Iron Man & they still remade it. I played one over the weekend & it wouldn't be that hard to edit out the actors if they really wanted to. Besides, if someone wants to throw money at you for what is essentially a movie that is behind you & not making you anything, why wouldn't you grab it? What does Sony care about who is on a pinball machine? They do care about $$$ I would think...

#125 5 years ago

Tron Premium (or Deluxe since premium was on the original boxes) is the best move financially for Stern. Would be a great market at $7095 Lowest advertised price. Drop targets, moving recognizer, lighted ramps, DP multiball, normal hardware, not chrome like the LE.

Run of 500 would sell in a day without a hiccup.

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

Tron Premium (or Deluxe since premium was on the original boxes) is the best move financially for Stern. Would be a great market at $7095 Lowest advertised price. Drop targets, moving recognizer, lighted ramps, DP multiball, normal hardware, not chrome like the LE.
Run of 500 would sell in a day without a hiccup.

Im not so sure about that. The third and final run was available for months after announced. While I do think they would sell 500 is a high number to take a risk on IMO

#127 5 years ago

I own a Tron LE and don't ever plan on selling it so I'm not worried about the concept of a premium personally. I'm also probably the only Pinsider who's not a fan of SM, so I don't care about making more SM LE. That said, I'm a business guy and I'm pretty sure Stern would lose a lot of "good will" by doing either of those games, regardless of how much the various factions on here argue the pros and cons. Some people, will take offense, even if just over the principle of the matter, and I think it could negatively impact future LE pre-orders at least for a short while. If Stern were clinging to life maybe it would be worth it to buy some time, but with the assembly line running (IM & MMR), a new pinball system and great pins around the corner, it's just probably not worth opening that can of worms. Maybe they should keep those cards in their hip pocket in anticipation of future bad times.

The strangest things can turn someone off in continuing to do business with a company. That wasn't of as much consequence when there was only Stern, but there's maybe a dozen groups just getting going in the pin making business now. The drama and continuing public relations downside of it would join the unfinished code threads. I'm still bitter about what I've been through with my X-Men LE and I know one guy who still gets enraged when the subject of Avatar comes up. He bought an Avatar Pro before they announced the LE model. There are many others out there who might also be one strike away from buying elsewhere. The bottom line IMHO.....they don't need to alienate anyone right now because the assembly line is running and they seem to be doing just fine.

#128 5 years ago

No need for another batch of Tron LEs, as the Pro has been established as the superior model

Pro-vs-LE.jpg
#129 5 years ago

Personally I'd rather they make something new instead of re-running machines that they're already re-run before, alienating potential future sales by pissing off current owners, and/or dragging down the secondary market because people just assume that they can get something new when they remake it in a few years because there's nothing limited about it. If I wanted a SM or LOTR pin right now, it's not like I couldn't find one for probably the same as/less than a remake would probably cost NIB. (I do think the art is ugly on LOTR, and hope if they remake them at least they'd upgrade the artwork pixels.)

Then again, I can't regularly afford any NIB or $5K machines anyway, so I'm not really their target market. The only reason I've got a Spiderman is because I got it for less than half the going rate. While I do love it, I wouldn't have spent the money to get it otherwise at current selling prices.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Personally I'd rather they make something new instead of re-running machines that they're already re-run before, alienating potential future sales by pissing off current owners, and/or dragging down the secondary market because people just assume that they can get something new when they remake it in a few years because there's nothing limited about it. If I wanted a SM or LOTR pin right now, it's not like I couldn't find one for probably the same as/less than a remake would probably cost NIB.

Damn, I never thought I would fall in love with a mod!

I agree... it will definitely net them some healthy profits with very little work but if this all continues... then again maybe they already know something and that they better take the easy money while they can!

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Personally I'd rather they make something new instead of re-running machines that they're already re-run before, alienating potential future sales by pissing off current owners, and/or dragging down the secondary market because people just assume that they can get something new when they remake it in a few years because there's nothing limited about it. If I wanted a SM or LOTR pin right now, it's not like I couldn't find one for probably the same as/less than a remake would probably cost NIB

Absolutely! Re-runs have more negative impact than positive IMHO. All the FS threads are stagnating, and ultimately the pin-glut will hurt us all as new games suffer!

#132 5 years ago

I don't see how this is anything different than "business as usual" for Stern. Have you ever known Stern to leave money on the table when it comes to making games? I don't see how IM re-run is any different than when Stern re-ran TSPP in late 2009 (6+ years after the initial run). If they were remaking LE's I could see why people would be upset but this is something that Stern always does and will continue to do. Until the day that Stern goes out of business it's a poor idea to buy NIB games for investment purposes because like we've seen in the past Stern will continue to make more games to keep up with demand. The lesson to be learned is to never pay NIB price or higher for a used game or else you will most likely get burned!

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I agree... it will definitely net them some healthy profits with very little work but if this all continues... then again maybe they already know something and that they better take the easy money while they can!

I think what they know is that Mustang is not doing so well, so they need to provide something else to keep the line moving. Time for my who bought a Mustang pinball poll.

Seriously though, if they had made a pin with a better theme than mustang...cough cough... TWD. They would not need to remake any games at this time. But they picked a dud of a theme. Not a dud for those who like it, but I suspect there are fewer people that like the theme than those who do not. Pay attention to pinside Stern, overall we wanted a different theme. Sorry.

#134 5 years ago

Bring us Kiss Maiden Zepplin TWD Games of T

Not Old StuFF !

#135 5 years ago

One odd thought: perhaps the re-runs (if all done at the same price point as IMVE) will help the operators buy some of these slightly older games to put on rout and in barcades and what not.

While we are all saying we can get the same old game for about the same price as a NIB on the secondary market, the rout operators won't work that way . . . they want NIB and warranties and what not (I am sure). Just as pins are re-surging here with collectors they are re-surging on rout at barcades to some extent. Remakes help them.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Personally I'd rather they make something new instead of re-running machines that they're already re-run before, alienating potential future sales by pissing off current owners, and/or dragging down the secondary market

I don't recall hearing any 2033 TSPP/LOTR owners getting pissed off as those games continued to be produced for 6 years after their release. This is a new phenomenon.

Any non-LE may get rerun if the license is still relevant/renewable.

Quoted from blondetall:

If I wanted a SM or LOTR pin right now, it's not like I couldn't find one for probably the same as/less than a remake would probably cost NIB.

I think Spidey is highly unlikely due to the original movies now being an irrelevant theme from a marketing standpoint.
I also think LOTR is highly unlikely due to the high number already produced, an LE already produced, and the ancient Whitestar tech. If anyone is interested in those games, I think they're wasting their time if they think Stern will produce more NIBs of those.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think Spidey is highly unlikely due to the original movies now being an irrelevant theme from a marketing standpoint

That's the problem in general when you make pins based on movies.
It seems like they are intent on going back & making other titles on games they can make a profit on. Once they see how many IMVE they sell, greed naturally says what can we do next? This poll alone says over 100 potential customers. I wonder how many are needed to make running a pin worthwhile?

#138 5 years ago

I agree with R/H. All non LE games are subject to a rehash. Only makes cense...... Market demand for a product,
fk it we're lazy lets not make any more. Of coarse not.

That being said, you can expect higher costs with a strong possibility cost cutting to make small runs profitable.

I wound not sell off all my high end stern games just yet as you may have sticker shock once pricing comes out.

I honestly feel it will make the mint HUO games more valuable with certain titles.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Damn, they better take the easy money while they can!

And you'd begrudge this of an American business....that makes pinball machines?

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Absolutely! Re-runs have more negative impact than positive IMHO. All the FS threads are stagnating, and ultimately the pin-glut will hurt us all as new games suffer!

Joe, I disagree. The only thing to stop a "pin glut" is for manufacturers to stop selling games at all OR building the market. You build the market by making and selling pins that people want to buy. And that's what the vault editions are all about. There's a growing "head for the hills" mentality right now when there should be a "bring it on!" mentality.

The hobby is healthy and growing and we need to stop thinking in the past and embrace the idea that there is a place for recreational pinball in today's world. 10-15 years ago that was not really true, but it is now, and hopefully it's sustainable. We need MORE of the best machines available and on route to keep people interested and excited. We need more people to have the NIB experience buying the exact machine they want. And the best news of all is that Stern has pretty much been hitting home runs for the last 3 years. People can hate on Avengers and Mustang all they want, but they are great games and way better than their reputations.

Stern is killing it right now with their new game development...and trying to cash in on some of the things they got really right but that the market is just catching up to now. Tron was a bit of a revelation for stern and the market. People were very skeptical at first of that game (kind of like IM)...now that Stern has rewarded us with hit after hit, why not reward them and let THEM cash in on a Tron Premium? Anyone that made thousands selling the game - or still hopes to - is missing the bigger picture IMO.

Also, the resale market is slow because people still think its 2012. When people start realizing they need to go back to normal pricing games will sell. The bubble is over.

#141 5 years ago

hopefully it's sustainable

I hope so.. I hope pinball is not a fad among the new people and is genuinely expanding.

All I know for a fact is my own personal feelings and experience and those of people I have spoken to. We are less likely to buy NIB in light of these recent changes. If I and others feel that way I hope they get enough interest from the "new blood" in the hobby and operators for the new stuff to be purchased so they keep pumping out new designs.

I want this hobby to last at least another 20-30 years until i cant move a pin anymore.. not 2.

#142 5 years ago

The hobby is healthy and growing and we need to stop thinking in the past and embrace the idea that there is a place for recreational pinball in today's world. 10-15 years ago that was not really true, but it is now, and hopefully it's sustainable. We need MORE of the best machines available and on route to keep people interested and excited. We need more people to have the NIB experience buying the exact machine they want. And the best news of all is that Stern has pretty much been hitting home runs for the last 3 years. People can hate on Avengers and Mustang all they want, but they are great games and way better than their reputations.

Also, the resale market is slow because people still think its 2012. When people start realizing they need to go back to normal pricing games will sell. The bubble is over.

I'm selectively quoting you on these two points because they're awesome and spot on.

#143 5 years ago

Some people only want NIB games

You know, like normal folk with a nice game room, not weird "pinball people".

They'd buy an IM new but not used, because that's weird, old & unreliable in their eyes.

So the more NIB offerings in stock the more machines Stern will sell.

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Some people only want NIB games
You know, like normal folk with a nice game room, not weird "pinball people".
They'd buy an IM new but not used, because that's weird, old & unreliable in their eyes.
So the more NIB offerings in stock the more machines Stern will sell.

Exactly! People want plug and play. Maybe I can buy a used Spiderman for 5G but there is no guarantee that it will be working when I get it home. NIB gives people the illusionthat there will be no problems for a long time. (Avengers anyone?)
I also can't help but notice with all of the people saying how readily available they are, not one person has posted why buy a new one when you can have mine for X amount of dollars?

#145 5 years ago

And the best news of all is that Stern has pretty much been hitting home runs for the last 3 years. People can hate on Avengers and Mustang all they want, but they are great games and way better than their reputations.

While I'm not disputing your conclusion I do take issue with your evidence or lack of. Hitting home runs the past three years with Avengers and Mustang being great is your opinion. Which you are welcome to have.

5 years would be a better sampling but I'll use your guideline on the past 3. Since 2011 Stern has made the following games:
Tron
Rolling Stones
Transformer
ACDC
Metallica
AVENGERS
X-men
Star Trek
Mustang

Out of those I see two home runs, two doubles, two bunts and two strike outs. Mustang is still standing at the plate but the count is 0-2. And some of the runners on base are awaiting code. Iron Man is 2010 but we can call it a stolen extra base.

Opinions are subjective. Real evidence to me would be total number of units sold and resale value.

I'm Vin Scully and that's my opinion.

Kim

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Once they see how many IMVE they sell, greed naturally says what can we do next?

A company building/selling their own product that they created is greed...but this desire for Stern to stop making their own product so that someone else can sell for higher prices on the secondary market is what? Philanthropy?

Here's the deal...stop looking at pinball values in such a short term way. Stern has always done re-runs...I mentioned LOTR and TSPP...how about Harley Davidson? 2nd & 3rd Edition! South Park started as a Sega and then continued runs as a Stern. If you're worried about Iron Man being worthless now, don't...at some point it will be legitimately out of production, have a set number that were built, won't get re-run....and you can scalp 'em for more all day long then. Again, look at TSPP and LOTR...they've had TONS of re-runs but have completely held and exceeded their original value. A good game is a good game, and if it's held its value it's a good bet it will still hold its value.

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

They don't care if they crash the used market. They're in the new market.

They should, if people can't move their HUO games to free up space and cash then they can't purchase NIB.

#148 5 years ago

"Finally, with all the above and more, we have improved pinball's ROI (return on investment). Games are better designed and attract more players, earning more because they are fun. The games are more service free. And the games have a great resale value. With rational levels of pinball machine production in recent years, there is a shortage of good used games, for sales to operators and for sales to homeowners, particularly in America. The result is a high resale value worldwide for pinball. This may be unique to pinball."

- GARY STERN

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from todler:

How can Stern release a Premium with LE features. The LE was advertised as having these features only on the LE.

All Premiums have LE features. They are the same game, and share the same code. Only bling separates them.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

While I'm not disputing your conclusion I do take issue with your evidence or lack of. Hitting home runs the past three years with Avengers and Mustang being great is your opinion. Which you are welcome to have.
5 years would be a better sampling but I'll use your guideline on the past 3. Since 2011 Stern has made the following games:
Tron
Rolling Stones
Transformer
ACDC
Metallica
Avengers
X-men
Star Trek
Mustang
Out of those I see two home runs, two doubles, two bunts and two strike outs. Mustang is still standing at the plate but the count is 0-2. And some of the runners on base are awaiting code. Iron Man is 2010 but we can call it a stolen extra base.
Opinions are subjective. Real evidence to me would be total number of units sold and resale value.
I'm Vin Scully and that's my opinion.
Kim

I think everyone of those games are good. RS is the worst because of mick on the stick...but I'm told the rules are solid and it's quite fun. ACDC, Tron and Met are grand slams...I'd lump the rest together as doubles to home runs depending on your tastes in theme and gameplay, but your mileage obviously varies. I have played and enjoyed every single one of these games....that's hitting a home run for me.

Let's look at it this way, Stern has plowed through the negative publicity surrounding TF, XMEN and TAV and maybe now mustang...and has moved into a new factory so they can build more machines. More people are buying and enjoying these games than we realize. This is big world and there are a lot of rich people in it. People who already own a bunch of machines will still buy....so will newbs that get the bug and go nuts (lots here on Pinside, including myself) and lots of other types besides will buy too. Some will stop buying, but the future isn't about them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 64.00
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodbury, CT
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside