• I could be persuaded 69 votes
    23%
  • Pass 113 votes
    38%
  • They shouldn't make any vault editions of any game 48 votes
    16%

(299 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pro-vs-LE.jpg
Chicken little.jpeg
image.jpg

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

Who's with me? Bring SM out of the vault next after IM. The squeaky wheel got the IM release, let's put SM at the top of their go to list!

#2 5 years ago

You'll have a lot of competition from the LOTRs crew as far as squeaking goes.

#4 5 years ago

Yes.

#5 5 years ago

My suggestion to Stern for this one: I'd love (and I'll bet I'm not alone) seeing Venom (featured) on the Trans-lite!

Thanks DC Fan!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

My suggestion to Stern for this one: I'd love (and I'll bet I'm not alone) seeing Venom on the Trans-lite!

Venom is already on the translite. Do you mean you would like to see Venom featured on the translite?

#7 5 years ago

I bought a beautiful one for $5000. Ive also seen several listed recently for about the same price, its not nearly as rare as IM, I don't see the need for another run.

Maybe its just me but id prefer a new release, not a re-run.

At its current price, I don't see any benefit ( well except maybe a year warranty ).

#8 5 years ago

Yes. SM and then everything else is the order I have. I'm biased though it's my favorite pin.

#9 5 years ago

I'd consider it if it had a new art package

#10 5 years ago

Spider-Man and LOTR are very easy to find at reasonable prices...Stern made tons of them. Not sure the demand is there to run them again.

#11 5 years ago

I want Tron first. After Tron then I'm up for a Spiderman. Is SM to close to ST for them to consider it while ST's are still available? I know the code is different but the PF is super close.

#12 5 years ago

LOTR FIRST

#14 5 years ago

SM VE with LEDs, web siderails, and shaker !

#15 5 years ago

SM and I would buy it NIB, Shut up and take my money lol. I own LoTR so I hope thats not next. I wonder how LoTR will work since JJP has Hobbit Rights, I wonder if that could affect rerunning LoTR?

Joe(acejedi)

#16 5 years ago

If I am Stern, TRON Premium, no brainer.

#18 5 years ago

LOTR, TRON Premium, Family Guy, SPIDER-MAN
That's how I would put them in order.

#19 5 years ago

LOTR might be tough to get licence for again with TH coming out. Maybe down the line..

Quoted from Rarehero:

Spider-Man and LOTR are very easy to find at reasonable prices...Stern made tons of them. Not sure the demand is there to run them again.

Exactly, SM sells used, reasonably quickly at 5G +/- beat up ones at 4G. Right where Stern seems to want to be..It even sounds like it did well on route...

Now we just need Gary to say they won't ever be making them again for the lock...

#20 5 years ago

I'm in!!

#21 5 years ago

I agree SM first then LOTR. JJP owns the license for The Hobbit and last time I checked The Hobbit is not TLOTR, maybe directed by the same person but where are you getting these license conflicts? Oh I know it will effect your value right....

#22 5 years ago

so,,,, what if we throw TWD in that mix? would you still like those games rerun? i would like TWD before any of that.

#23 5 years ago

There are a ton of SM's out there and in great shape. I'd prefer an updated TSPP with better sound, LED's and flippers. Even decals as the painted side cabinet is prone to fading.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not sure the demand is there to run them again.

There will be if they put a VE or ES (Extra Special) in the title.

Kim

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Venom is already on the translite. Do you mean you would like to see Venom featured on the translite?

Why, yes, that is exactly what I was trying to say!

#26 5 years ago

There are plenty of POTC, LOTR, TSPP, and S-M available in the open market as it is. From what I understand the LOTR LE didn't even get completely sold out and produced.

#27 5 years ago

SM is the perfect Pin,everybody should have one!I would like to see Stern's new operating system and LCD come out and update SM with that.

#28 5 years ago

Can we have a new game next. Go find A SM, or LOTR its not that hard.

#29 5 years ago

Tron premium is my vote

#30 5 years ago

I'm in. That's the next one I want. IM was my #1 choice. SM is #2

#31 5 years ago

I love Spider-Man, but believe Tron Premium to be the logical choice for Stern based upon perceived demand.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

From what I understand the LOTR LE didn't even get completely sold out and produced.

The hobby is in a very different place than when LOTR LE was run.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Tron premium is my vote

How can Stern release a Premium with LE features. The LE was advertised as having these features only on the LE.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from todler:

How can Stern release a Premium with LE features. The LE was advertised as having these features only on the LE.

oh the nerve of stern!

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from todler:

People want Tron LE at it's original price, so naturally people want Stern to release a Tron LE again (but call it a Premium as a technicality), so they ignore that fact and say that Stern should do it anyway.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Tron premium is my vote

You should start a who's in for a Tron Premium (VA edition) poll / thread... as it appears Stern reads these forums.

#37 5 years ago

TRON Premium would cause more of a headache for Stern than it is worth. They would lose future LE buyers at a rate that would not be worth the 100 buyers of a Premium. Enough.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

TRON Premium would cause more of a headache for Stern than it is worth. They would lose future LE buyers at a rate that would not be worth the 100 buyers of a Premium. Enough.

there will always be plenty of le buyers for the latest nib, that will never change as long as suckers exist. a premium is not an le so where is this perceived headache? if counting money induces a headache you might have a point.
i have zero interest in anything tron.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

there will always be plenty of le buyers for the latest nib, that will never change as long as suckers exist. a premium is not an le so where is this perceived headache? if counting money induces a headache you might have a point.
i have zero interest in anything tron.

*sigh*

If Stern wants to alienate the buyers of its top line of machines by offering LEs with exclusive features, only to turn around in a few years and put those features on a new edition, then they will find themselves with fewer buyers for their "exclusive" editions up front. Did Jack get a headache with the Ruby Red announcement? Of course he did, and that was on a game "limited" to 1000 without real exclusive features and that wasn't even to market yet. If Stern puts LE ramps on a new TRON edition, they will get massive backlash from the 400 LE buyers that did so because it was limited. They won't sell enough "premium" vault editions to make the potential market alienation and buyer loss worth it.

Your perception of who is and who are not "suckers" has no bearing in this argument - other than to give you an opportunity to kick someone in the nuts. Feel good now?

#40 5 years ago

Never under estimate the public's desire to purchase the newest shinny thing.

Kim

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Never under estimate the public's desire to purchase the newest shinny thing.
Kim

If they are already having problems selling out recent LE titles (or at least seeing distributors sitting on them for years), they can't afford even a few sales lost for something trivial.

#42 5 years ago

i won't buy a tron so i don't care. i disagree that tron le owners would be upset if a few more hobbyists were able to play such a fun pin in a premium package. if le buyers would be upset with this then i think they are buying machines for the completely wrong reason and should be reminded that pinball is not exclusive to only a handful of people who buy an le, that would be foolish to assume.

signed,
the nut kicker

#43 5 years ago

Ok, then everyone that was erked by the Ruby Red thing were in the wrong, too. What a wonderful, idealistic world you have carved out for us. Tell me how that goes.

#44 5 years ago

Plenty of spiderman pins out there I just bought this one the other day from what I understand the licensing for the art has run out if they were to do a new Spiderman Pin based off the new movie that would be awesome but of course it would be totally different not to mention that they have already run Spider-Man from 2007 until 2010 so I don't really see a need for a remake of this title it's not like it's as rare as iron man was

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i won't buy a tron so i don't care. i disagree that TRON LE owners would be upset if a few more hobbyists were able to play such a fun pin in a premium package. if le buyers would be upset with this then i think they are buying machines for the completely wrong reason and should be reminded that pinball is not exclusive to only a handful of people who buy an le, that would be foolish to assume.
signed,
the nut kicker

Of course the LE buyers would be upset and not just the Tron owners. If you release a Limited item no matter what it is the clue is in the name. If you release something with the same features it makes the original limited item defunct.

I agree a lot of people want a TronLE but that is because it's LIMITED. I have missed out on things I wanted but that's life.

#47 5 years ago
#48 5 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Ok, then everyone that was erked by the Ruby Red thing were in the wrong, too

yes, they were wrong in assuming jjp would only make regular woz edition along with the le. if some were irked by the rrlewoz that's their problem and i remove my hat to honor those le owners that missed out on the latest and greatest, the mother of all le's the rrwozle. we are talking about toys here, right.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from todler:

I have missed out on things I wanted but that's life.

with stern and jjp wait a while and you will get a second chance on most things you missed out on in life! pps is even there for you if you missed mm back in the 90's. your precious tronle will always be an le. if a premium version is out there for some how upset would you be?

#50 5 years ago

Obtuse just to be obtuse. How neat!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside