(Topic ID: 54086)

Ok Stern, this is the list of Iron Maiden buyers...(92 people so far)

By Darth_Chris

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 343 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by dgoett
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C7F7CDB7-7661-43A0-8C96-D19054E99F47 (resized).jpeg
    imj (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    73.jpg
    72.jpg
    art_rime_of_the_ancient_mariner.jpg
    79.jpg
    aces high 2.jpg
    aces high.jpg
    image-117.jpg
    image-293.jpg
    image-824.jpg
    image-371.jpg
    maiden.jpg
    steve harris eddie.jpg
    ps.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kid_ego.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago

In for all three versions for very personal reasons. Would simply have to have all 3 cabinets and artwork, even if it takes a bank loan.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Like your style but still only count as one. Better have a huge list of different names than a multi-purchase buyer list on this one. Think it brings a more accurate look at the number of fans.
    But did you think it through, just imagine they do 3 different LE, 2 premium and 1 pro........will need a bigger house too

Hadn't thought of that. Thanks SO much for throwing it out there!

2 weeks later
    #191 6 years ago

I get that some don't think Maiden would make a good theme for a pin, but I don't get the need some have to crap all over a thread where people who think it would be cool discuss it among themselves.

If I were to see a thread discussing the merits of (insert random theme) pin, the last thing I'd do is jump into it with some comment telling everyone how it'll never happen, seemingly gloating as I did it.

Just don't get it.

#198 6 years ago

Didn't remember if I'd posted this, but when we were at Stern last week, Gary asked my boys what they thought the next theme should be.

Both boys yelled out, "Iron Maiden!" I was never so proud.

And Gary's reply was, "Interesting. Our European customers would like that." And then he went back into his office, probably to call Maiden's reps.

#202 6 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

Those are good boys , Indeed
    Let me send them some Iron Maiden Tickets
    when they are in Town !!

My youngest (who is 5) wants to meet Bruce so badly. Someday I'll get a message through to Bruce, tell him Zach's story (beating cancer), show him video of him belting out Aces High, and (hopefully) meet him sometime when they're in the area. Heck, if I could make contact, we'd travel to him (when Zach can travel distances again).

Up the Irons!!!

#208 6 years ago

Just posted this on the Maiden fan club forum. A bit all over the place, but I get like that when it comes to my son.

-------------------

If Stern (US pinball manufacturer) was to make an Iron Maiden pinball machine, how many fans would pick one up?

They've already done ACDC, and they just released a Metallica pinball machine (check them out at www.sternpinball.com).

Now we need to show them that the greatest band in the world needs their own "Eddie" pinball machine!

People like me who are nuts about pinball and even nuttier about Maiden have started a list of potential buyers at a pinball forum site (www.pinside.com), but we need the Maiden community to unite on this one.

I'm even trying to get a video of my son who is battling cancer (and who told Gary Stern the other day they need to build a Maiden pin) to the guys. It's of Zach belting out the start of Aces High right after growing his hair back out for the second time. YouTube the best shot at someone like Bruce seeing it? His make a wish was to meet Aaron Rodgers, but he still wants to meet Bruce.

How's that for a long winded thread opening? Lol.

#210 6 years ago

Also sent a much more personal email to Laz, who runs their fan club.

Included a bit of history on what started my full-court-press on this, along with a short video of my son belting out Aces High. It's from right after his hair grew back for the 2nd time.

Edit: Should have checked allowable attachments first. Will need to put it on YouTube then include the link here.

#212 6 years ago

I don't know that I could ever pick a favorite image from all the years of great artwork, but that one is definitely in the discussion!

#216 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoeinNJ:

I agree but with all there awesome art it would be great to blend the art work for the cabinet or for the backglass. All that we need is a Eddie LE, no reason to be stuck on one album or one time frame. Stern tends to get stuck with one album(been there done that) so lets see what they could do mixing the 25 or so years together.

I agree to a degree, but I've seen hits and misses when Maiden has tried this on their compilations.

Best of the Beast: No. Too many Eddies competing for your attention.
    Somewhere Back in Time: Yes. Eddie exploding out of the pyramid is a classic image.
    From Fear to Eternity: No. Combo of the Fear of the Dark Eddie, the tank, and the Wicker Man burning looks forced.

I have to say the overall length of that Live After Death image just screams (pun intended) side of cabinet art work.

#219 6 years ago

Whatever they do artwork-wise, I'd better start saving my $$$. If they do a Pro, Premium, and LE, I'll want one of each to have all the cabinet/translite combo's.

What about song list? I doubt they'd include any from the Di'Anno albums unless it was the live version with Bruce.

Note: I started to type up a track listing but realized its going to take a bit more thought to keep it to 12 (plus 1 for a wizard mode).

Up the Irons! If I can somehow get my son the chance to meet them in the near future, I'll make sure it's something I mention to him (as my son's ultimate make a wish).

#224 6 years ago

How about a bash toy in the shape of the pyramid from Powerslave you hit a few times until it opens?

As far as toys, I think I'd like the Eddie from Somewhere in Time would be cool...or even the "Trooper" Eddie.

As far as modes,

Fear of the Dark: Have the play field go dark and only light back up in spots in which specific targets are hit.

8 months later
    #279 5 years ago

I want Maiden...just not yet.

I'd have to have an LE, and I don't want to blow all my game funds left in 2014 on one pin.

Wait till 2015, Stern!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 25.50
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    $ 219.00
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 109.99
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 16.50
    Lighting - Led
    Lermods
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kid_ego.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside