(Topic ID: 54086)

Ok Stern, this is the list of Iron Maiden buyers...(92 people so far)

By Darth_Chris

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 343 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dgoett
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C7F7CDB7-7661-43A0-8C96-D19054E99F47 (resized).jpeg
    imj (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    73.jpg
    72.jpg
    art_rime_of_the_ancient_mariner.jpg
    79.jpg
    aces high 2.jpg
    aces high.jpg
    image-117.jpg
    image-293.jpg
    image-824.jpg
    image-371.jpg
    maiden.jpg
    steve harris eddie.jpg
    ps.jpg

There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 10 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

Didn't remember if I'd posted this, but when we were at Stern last week, Gary asked my boys what they thought the next theme should be.
    Both boys yelled out, "Iron Maiden!" I was never so proud.
    And Gary's reply was, "Interesting. Our European customers would like that." And then he went back into his office, probably to call Maiden's reps.

Those are good boys , Indeed
    Let me send them some Iron Maiden Tickets
    when they are in Town !!

#202 10 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

Those are good boys , Indeed
    Let me send them some Iron Maiden Tickets
    when they are in Town !!

My youngest (who is 5) wants to meet Bruce so badly. Someday I'll get a message through to Bruce, tell him Zach's story (beating cancer), show him video of him belting out Aces High, and (hopefully) meet him sometime when they're in the area. Heck, if I could make contact, we'd travel to him (when Zach can travel distances again).

Up the Irons!!!

#203 10 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Just thought of an idea...maybe the skit-b boys could do an Iron Maiden pin after Predator. To the best of my knowledge, they're only making 250 Predators...if they can make the financial aspect of developing a pin work with only having to produce 250 of them, seems to me that would be a perfect fit to make an Iron Maiden pin. They could produce 250...500...or possibly even a 1000, depending on what the actual demand might be. Send Kevin an e-mail with a link to this thread...who knows, they might be Iron Maiden fans as well and jump at the opportunity. Good luck!
    [email protected]

Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Thanks for a very constructive post. It's a good idea.

Did you ever e-mail Kevin and if you did, what was his thoughts on making an Iron Maiden pin?

#204 10 years ago

Three of my pinhead friends have said that an Iron Maiden would be a must buy ... And none of them has ever bought an NIB before.

rd.

#205 10 years ago

I probably shouldn't be in this thread, but I am fascinated by the vocal group of Iron Maiden fans. Probably because I have never previously known one in my entire life. It is hard for me to believe that Stern would go this route, but it would be very intriguing if they did.

So, how many pledges from the Pinside crew do you think it would take to get Gary's attention?

For reference, there are currently over 500 Pinsiders listed who own AC/DC which is very successful, and even 170 for Transformers which seems to have been a disappointing seller.

#206 10 years ago

I feel we already have Gary's attention on this title. Gary doesn't always build what sells good to the US market only. Iron Maiden is huge worldwide with a great track record of songs and fans.

There music fits for pinball as does ACDC and Metallica. When you walk away from playing any of those games your pumped up if your a fan of there music. Maiden could be the next music fit for a music pin with a great art work package.

The bigger question is who would design the game from Stern and would we be able to get Lyman to write code for yet another music pin.. I'm sure Stern has already done there homework on the next music pin and by next year we'll see what it is.

Maybe we should put a post on an Iron Maiden fan club site and see what the sales numbers could be away from pinside. Just my .02

#207 10 years ago

Wouldn't buy it without playing it. But I do have all 15 albums and who knows how many EP's. Would buy one if I liked the play.

#208 10 years ago

Just posted this on the Maiden fan club forum. A bit all over the place, but I get like that when it comes to my son.

-------------------

If Stern (US pinball manufacturer) was to make an Iron Maiden pinball machine, how many fans would pick one up?

They've already done ACDC, and they just released a Metallica pinball machine (check them out at www.sternpinball.com).

Now we need to show them that the greatest band in the world needs their own "Eddie" pinball machine!

People like me who are nuts about pinball and even nuttier about Maiden have started a list of potential buyers at a pinball forum site (www.pinside.com), but we need the Maiden community to unite on this one.

I'm even trying to get a video of my son who is battling cancer (and who told Gary Stern the other day they need to build a Maiden pin) to the guys. It's of Zach belting out the start of Aces High right after growing his hair back out for the second time. YouTube the best shot at someone like Bruce seeing it? His make a wish was to meet Aaron Rodgers, but he still wants to meet Bruce.

How's that for a long winded thread opening? Lol.

#209 10 years ago

Good work Kid Ego

rd

#210 10 years ago

Also sent a much more personal email to Laz, who runs their fan club.

Included a bit of history on what started my full-court-press on this, along with a short video of my son belting out Aces High. It's from right after his hair grew back for the 2nd time.

Edit: Should have checked allowable attachments first. Will need to put it on YouTube then include the link here.

#211 10 years ago

I think I posted this in a previous thread, but this would make for an awesome cabinet side:

death.jpgdeath.jpg

#212 10 years ago

I don't know that I could ever pick a favorite image from all the years of great artwork, but that one is definitely in the discussion!

#213 10 years ago

REALLY nice to hear that those words actually made it to Gary Sterns ears. Phantom high 5 to your kiddos!!!
    For his reply, he MUST have at least looked into it slightly to know how huge the European market is. Derek Riggs would probably do custom playfield artwork with Maiden's approval. As many Eddie drawings exist I would think it would be REALLY easy to get the license.

DO IT ALREADY!
    D

#214 10 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

I think I posted this in a previous thread, but this would make for an awesome cabinet side:

I agree but with all there awesome art it would be great to blend the art work for the cabinet or for the backglass. All that we need is a Eddie LE, no reason to be stuck on one album or one time frame. Stern tends to get stuck with one album(been there done that) so lets see what they could do mixing the 25 or so years together.

#215 10 years ago

Very nice kid_ego. You and your boys have done great. Thanks from all of us. Happy about the story of your kid beating cancer. I also have 2 young boys and they are my world. Kids are more and more intrigue about daddy's music. I was stunned the first time I heard my boy at 3 years old singing Master of Puppets to himself. Happy they will at least know their classics.

#216 10 years ago
    Quoted from JoeinNJ:

I agree but with all there awesome art it would be great to blend the art work for the cabinet or for the backglass. All that we need is a Eddie LE, no reason to be stuck on one album or one time frame. Stern tends to get stuck with one album(been there done that) so lets see what they could do mixing the 25 or so years together.

I agree to a degree, but I've seen hits and misses when Maiden has tried this on their compilations.

Best of the Beast: No. Too many Eddies competing for your attention.
    Somewhere Back in Time: Yes. Eddie exploding out of the pyramid is a classic image.
    From Fear to Eternity: No. Combo of the Fear of the Dark Eddie, the tank, and the Wicker Man burning looks forced.

I have to say the overall length of that Live After Death image just screams (pun intended) side of cabinet art work.

#217 10 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

I agree to a degree, but I've seen hits and misses when Maiden has tried this on their compilations.
    Best of the Beast: No. Too many Eddies competing for your attention.
    Somewhere Back in Time: Yes. Eddie exploding out of the pyramid is a classic image.
    From Fear to Eternity: No. Combo of the Fear of the Dark Eddie, the tank, and the Wicker Man burning looks forced.
    I have to say the overall length of that Live After Death image just screams (pun intended) side of cabinet art work.

I agree but I just don't want to lose the great Eddie's and if they're made to flow properly it would be great. If there's no art flow then we'll go with Live After Death, with a twist of the years gone by of some sort. So much great art just not enough space, but then again there's an empty playfield that we never talked about.

I said in a past post it would be the perfect trifecta, ACDC BIBLE,Metallica LE and Maiden Eddie LE. But I'd need to leave a little space for an Ozzy LE if it ever happened. It's always great, to hope..

#218 10 years ago

I don't know that I could ever pick a favorite image from all the years of great artwork, but that one is definitely in the discussion!

Seriously guys ....

I know it`s dificult to pick one art Theme from all the great art available ... but could be one better than powerslave?

Powerslave.jpgPowerslave.jpg

Stern Iron Maiden Powerslave LE Edition FTW!!!

#219 10 years ago

Whatever they do artwork-wise, I'd better start saving my $$$. If they do a Pro, Premium, and LE, I'll want one of each to have all the cabinet/translite combo's.

What about song list? I doubt they'd include any from the Di'Anno albums unless it was the live version with Bruce.

Note: I started to type up a track listing but realized its going to take a bit more thought to keep it to 12 (plus 1 for a wizard mode).

Up the Irons! If I can somehow get my son the chance to meet them in the near future, I'll make sure it's something I mention to him (as my son's ultimate make a wish).

#220 10 years ago

Stern Iron Maiden Powerslave LE Edition FTW!!!

Agreed, Powerslave LE would be killer and would fit right in with my Master of Puppets LE.

ps.jpgps.jpg

#221 10 years ago

I'd have to have this one...put me on the list

#222 10 years ago

The art has potential to be one of the best ever seen on a pin, i agree guys. Awsome.

And what about toys? Any ideas? Looking a few posts up, it could be a sfinx maybe, iron maiden like off course.

And modes?

#223 10 years ago

ADD ME TO THIS LIST!

#224 10 years ago

How about a bash toy in the shape of the pyramid from Powerslave you hit a few times until it opens?

As far as toys, I think I'd like the Eddie from Somewhere in Time would be cool...or even the "Trooper" Eddie.

As far as modes,

Fear of the Dark: Have the play field go dark and only light back up in spots in which specific targets are hit.

#225 10 years ago

After playing Metallica Premium tonight for the first time this pin of Iron Maiden must be made.

#226 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It would be cool to have the flippers look like high heel shoes......

Flippers would have to work in two directions, so you could kick the ball up the outlane with the heel.

#227 10 years ago

Yuk.......haha

#228 10 years ago

Oh man, a Maiden pin would be so bad-a$$!!
    I'm in for an LE - saving up now for Stern Maiden in 2014.

8 months later
    #229 10 years ago

Time to get this Maiden flame burning again...............Super bump!

#230 10 years ago

I'm in 100% and put me down for # of the Beast or Piece of Mind LE

#231 10 years ago

Greatest band ever = greatest pin ever.

#232 10 years ago

When your game is over : " Always Look On the Bright Side of Life" plays.

#233 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Greatest band ever = greatest pin ever.

Yes, A Judas Priest pinball would be amazing.

#234 10 years ago

Count me in, and don't slack on the pro version cause I can't afford no premium. Great art, great toy with Eddie, and great music = epic pinball machine!

#235 10 years ago

Is TWD really the next Stern pin or it could be Maiden ?

Bah, it's been a while since I updated that list. Guess I'm back on the job, 2 more buyers tonight. We would need a lot of new buyers to keep that fire burning. Still, next to my MET and AC/DC that would be awesome.

#236 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Still, next to my MET and AC/DC that would be awesome.

Couldn't agree more, I'm still in.

#237 10 years ago

They would have to hire iron maidens artist, Derek Riggs to do the artwork. I wouldn't be interested in it if it had any member photos. Look at some of the iron maiden album covers. Could even beat out Metallica for artwork

#238 10 years ago

I would be in 100% on this. Agree with above, could beat Met in hand drawn art.

#239 10 years ago

I would pay the price for a NIB iron maiden LE
    but i wanna see the game first, no electric chair on this one plz

#240 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

This

#241 10 years ago

And it has to have Eddie somehow built in for the interactive main toy.

#242 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Sign me up for a Priest pin. And maybe Maiden if the cover of Killers or Number of the Beast is the backglass.

#243 10 years ago

The Priest thread is over there --------->

#244 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

The Priest thread is over there --------->

Hey, I mentioned Maiden too I'm an equal opportunity headbanger.

#245 10 years ago

Count me in as a buyer. I'd jump on this way over any other music game they have done (that has a realistic chance anyway of being made).

#246 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

They would have to hire iron maidens artist, Derek Riggs to do the artwork. I wouldn't be interested in it if it had any member photos. Look at some of the iron maiden album covers. Could even beat out Metallica for artwork

If they don't do this I'm probably out. For hand drawn Riggs art I'm so down. Photoshop BS and forget it, I don't care about the band enough.

#247 10 years ago

Not caring enough for band thread ------->.

#248 10 years ago

What are the chances an Iron Maiden pin would have a photo of the band instead of Eddie? I'm going with damn small.

#249 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

What are the chances an Iron Maiden pin would have a photo of the band instead of Eddie? I'm going with damn small.

Agreed. I'm guessing no band member pics. Except this one :
    steve harris eddie.jpgsteve harris eddie.jpg

#250 10 years ago

+1 . Love maiden and can't imagine a pin living up to the theme.

There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-stern-this-is-the-list-of-iron-maiden-buyers/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.