(Topic ID: 54086)

Ok Stern, this is the list of Iron Maiden buyers...(92 people so far)

By Darth_Chris

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 343 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dgoett
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C7F7CDB7-7661-43A0-8C96-D19054E99F47 (resized).jpeg
    imj (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    73.jpg
    72.jpg
    art_rime_of_the_ancient_mariner.jpg
    79.jpg
    aces high 2.jpg
    aces high.jpg
    image-117.jpg
    image-293.jpg
    image-824.jpg
    image-371.jpg
    maiden.jpg
    steve harris eddie.jpg
    ps.jpg
    There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 10 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

So many better bands than Iron Maiden. im out and most of my reg Le customers would be out to. At least 20 of them. so stern would lose 20 Le sales.

Yeah, let me guess.........Rolling Stones, we all know how that pin turned out. I've never bought an LE NIB, Iron Maiden would be my first..............I guess Stern only has to worry about 19 lost sales. I am pretty sure the overseas crowd will gladly take the other 19.

#152 10 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Anyone whoever watched MTV in the early 80's saw the "Run To The Hills" video...they only played it about 4 zillion friggin' times!

Sorry, never saw that video or heard that song. Had cable in the early 80s too.

Bring on Futurama pin.

#153 10 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am pretty sure the overseas crowd will gladly take the other 19.

It's funny how some people on here think that Pinside* is some hUgE global entity that can "make or break" a machine's future just from one thread...
    Iron Maiden however, IS a global entity and I'd bet my super pre-pre-order deposited LE that- if Maiden actually approached Stern (or vice versa,) and went public with it, they'd have no problem piling up orders from around the world for a Maiden pinball. (Probably twice as fast as Metallica too!!! )

My favorite thing about if and when an Iron Maiden (the band) pinball machine gets made is, I won't have to spend a dime to buy it!
    My wife (who is also a big Maiden fan) actually offered to pick up the tab on this one!
    Twist my arm...

*No offense Robin, I was merely commenting on how big/important "WE" think pinball is compared to everyone else's views regarding pinball in general on a 1-11 scale; or in everyday life.

#154 10 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

My wife (who is also a big Maiden fan) actually offered to pick up the tab on this one!

You married the right woman.

#155 10 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

So many better bands than Iron Maiden. im out and most of my reg Le customers would be out to. At least 20 of them. so stern would lose 20 Le sales.

Don't cry when the Beatles or the next superhero pin comes out

#156 10 years ago

they all want their own pin

superheroeswhowanttheirpinball.jpgsuperheroeswhowanttheirpinball.jpg

#157 10 years ago

Oh yeah maybe 4000 pins to go before an original theme

wewantin.jpgwewantin.jpg

#158 10 years ago

+1

I'm in on an Iron Maiden LE pin.

I've been to quite a few Metallica and Iron Maiden concerts over the last 30 years and the Iron Maiden fans are way more fanatical and hardcore than the Metallica fans. I would fully expect the same reaction that took place with the Metallica LE pin. Artwork and music possibilities would be incredible using Iron Maiden.

#159 10 years ago

Double post. What is up with pinside server?

#160 10 years ago

What other bands flies around in their own 757. Somewhere back in time, flight 666! They reached more countries than any band I know or ever will. image.jpgimage.jpg

#161 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Oh yeah maybe 4000 pins to go before an original theme

No more super heros. No capes. No spandex. No masks. Beat that horse. Plus SM can not be beat! lightening doesnt strike twice.

Iron Maiden.... Yes. I would actually like Jersey Jack to get the license. Love the cab printing and Bally Williams parts.

#162 10 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

I'd buy an LE from you. I tried with Metallica and settled for a Dirty Donnie. Put me down for an LE Maiden if thet come out. There! I'm #1 on your list and should have no issues getting one. So, right now they'd only be down 19.

#163 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

No more super heros. No capes. No spandex. No masks. Beat that horse. Plus SM can not be beat! lightening doesnt strike twice.
    Iron Maiden.... Yes. I would actually like Jersey Jack to get the license. Love the cab printing and Bally Williams parts.

euh.....that was a joke....I was sarcastic

#164 10 years ago

Who doesn't want an Ant Man pin?!?

#165 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

No more super heros. No capes. No spandex. No masks. Beat that horse. Plus SM can not be beat!

Actually it did get beat! By XMen LE

rd.

#166 10 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

If we remember back to when Metallica was a rumour, there wasn't much excitement about that theme.

In fact, someone ran a poll "maiden vs Metallica" and from memory it was 2-1 or 3-1 in favour of Maiden.

It's a winning theme. Winner.

rd

#167 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

If we remember back to when Metallica was a rumour, there wasn't much excitement about that theme.
    In fact, someone ran a poll "maiden vs Metallica" and from memory it was 2-1 or 3-1 in favour of Maiden.
    It's a winning theme. Winner.
    rd

Great point my friend.

#168 10 years ago

Put me on the list. I will buy one without any doubt!

#169 10 years ago

I'd have high interest in this

#170 10 years ago

Id rather see an Iron Maiden Pin over Metallica.

#171 10 years ago

Jesus Christ OP...when you started this doltish thread you had like 200 karma points.

#172 10 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Jesus Christ OP...when you started this doltish thread you had like 200 karma points.

Hahaha, nice

1 week later
    #173 10 years ago

Iron Maiden has a beer and it needs pin to go with it! Saw teh article on my heavy metal news website blabbermouth.net

According to The Drinks Business, Robinsons Brewery has announced the production of the one millionth pint of IRON MAIDEN's Trooper beer. The brewery said the mark had been reached six months ahead of schedule — just eight weeks after Trooper was launched.

This equates to over 20,000 pints of the beer being drunk every day since its launch on May 9.

Robinsons' managing director Oliver Robinson said: "We are amazed to reach this mark in such a short time, a million pints already is way ahead of all rational expectations, and are grateful for the support we have had from the retailers, MAIDEN fans, real ale enthusiasts, our distributors and the beer trade generally as they were so quick to catch on to the genuine and unique quality of this beer.

"This is a great showcase for our new brew house and demonstrates the sorts of volumes it is capable of producing. It's very exciting to observe Trooper as it expands across Britain and then, we fully expect, internationally. It is easily the fastest-selling new beer Robinsons have ever had, and quite possibly anyone else too."

maidenbeer.jpgmaidenbeer.jpg maidenbeerlabel2.jpgmaidenbeerlabel2.jpg

#174 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Iron Maiden has a beer and it needs pin to go with it! Saw teh article on my heavy metal news website blabbermouth.net

Over in England, politicians get to drink it while working. Talk about independence!

http://www.shortlist.com/cool-stuff/iron-maiden-beer-now-available-in-houses-of-parliament

Never been a big fan, but you have to like politicians drinking Iron Maiden beer at work. Nice work limeys. d

#176 10 years ago

I'm in !

#177 10 years ago

ok so if we are at 71 interested investors right now, and each of them is committing to buying ten machines each, then we are real close to 1000 unit point where Stern will consider doing it. Oh so they didn't know they were going to have to buy ten units each? They thought they would buy one when it came out? Well guess this one is dead in the pooper shed.

#179 10 years ago

Put my brother down for an LE too

#180 10 years ago

I would be in FOR SURE!! the art work possibilities and lets not forget the great EDDIE, this would be a winner.

#181 10 years ago

I hope for you guys they make one, but as a fan, be sharp on the pre orders, cause look at what happened with metallica.

Tons of fans missed out and before they even got shipped the forums are over runned by flippers for a quick bug.

And the fans...... Who cares about them?

Sad. Ah well, it is how it is. Wish you luck in getting these, its a good theme i think.

#182 10 years ago

This thread is back from the dead!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like Eddie!!!!!!!!!!!

#183 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Over in England, politicians get to drink it while working. Talk about independence!
    http://www.shortlist.com/cool-stuff/iron-maiden-beer-now-available-in-houses-of-parliament
    Never been a big fan, but you have to like politicians drinking Iron Maiden beer at work. Nice work limeys. d

THE NUMBER OF THE YEAST

classic

rd.

#184 10 years ago

First post, signed up to the forum today just to post in this thread...

+1

Hey Stern, I'll buy an Iron Maiden LE tomorrow (in Australia)

Good luck selecting only a dozen songs... there are plenty of excellent songs for a fast action Eddie pinball theme.

Is there another thread with a KISS remake (or is that a can of worms!)

#185 10 years ago

Sorry to burst this bubble, but I don't see an Iron Maiden pin becoming a reality. When you look at the top grossing, record selling rock bands... Iron Maiden isn't listed even remotely near the top. You know what bands/artists are? Elvis, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Metallica... even Elton John and Madonna are ranked way higher. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Iron Maiden. I just don't think they have the fan base or supporting record sales to make Stern or JJP think an Iron Maiden license would sell enough pinball machines to make it worth doing. Maybe I'm wrong.
    -Ed

#186 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Sorry to burst this bubble, but I don't see an Iron Maiden pin becoming a reality. When you look at the top grossing, record selling rock bands... Iron Maiden isn't listed even remotely near the top. You know what bands/artists are? Elvis, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Metallica... even Elton John and Madonna are ranked way higher. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Iron Maiden. I just don't think they have the fan base or supporting record sales to make Stern or JJP think an Iron Maiden license would sell enough pinball machines to make it worth doing. Maybe I'm wrong.
    -Ed

Hate to burst your bubble Ed, but it's not all about top grossing artists. How many Madonna fans are playing pinball and even if they were, would it be "cool"? Clearly you forget that the Rolling Stones pin was such a "HUGE" success. Many non Metallica fans are buying the pin and loving it. Because of the art work and game play. From a Stern perspective, I also wouldn't doubt if the licensing is cheaper than movie themes and doesn't run out as quickly. Look forward to a Stern future heavily invested in music pins.............Given that Maiden is going to be made. Of course I would love a Led Zepplin, Motley Crue, Kiss, Scorpions one as well.

#187 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

According to The Drinks Business, Robinsons Brewery has announced the production of the one millionth pint of IRON MAIDEN's Trooper beer.

A friend of mine recently bought a packet of KISS-Hello Kitty-Toilet Paper in a supermarket. He had to wait at the checkout behind someone buying a can of AC/DC beer. Both looked at each other and he said "Yea, I have to admit, AC/DC merchandise is way cooler..."

#188 10 years ago

75? Only 925 to go!

#189 10 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Hate to burst your bubble Ed, but it's not all about top grossing artists. How many Madonna fans are playing pinball and even if they were, would it be "cool"? Clearly you forget that the Rolling Stones pin was such a "HUGE" success. Many non Metallica fans are buying the pin and loving it. Because of the art work and game play. From a Stern perspective, I also wouldn't doubt if the licensing is cheaper than movie themes and doesn't run out as quickly. Look forward to a Stern future heavily invested in music pins.............Given that Maiden is going to be made. Of course I would love a Led Zepplin, Motley Crue, Kiss, Scorpions one as well.

I never said a Madonna pin would or should be made (Heavens no!) Just that Madonna has a larger overall fan base (which is something that is considered when choosing a license). I'll agree Madonna does not have the "coolness" factor wanted by pinheads. Yes, TRS wasn't Stern's best effort (that doesn't mean it was a bad license), but we are not talking about that. The Stones has a huge fan base and huge gross record sales which is one of the main factors in choosing a license. Iron Maiden doesn't have that. All Maiden has is the coolness factor. That said, I'd be all for a Maiden pin. I just don't see it happening. Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time

#190 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Sorry to burst this bubble, but I don't see an Iron Maiden pin becoming a reality. When you look at the top grossing, record selling rock bands... Iron Maiden isn't listed even remotely near the top.

1. Iron maiden - 5 million
    2. Killers - 6 million
    3. Number of the Beast - 14 million
    4. Piece of Mind - 8 million
    5. Powerslave - 7 million
    6. Somewhere in Time - 6.5 million
    7. Seventh son of a Seventh Son - 7 million
    8. No prayer for the Dying - 6 million
    9 .Fear of the Dark - 5 million
    10. X Factor - 1 million
    11. Virtual XII - 0.75 million
    12. Brave new World - 4 million
    13. Dance of Death - 3.5 million
    14. A matter of life and Death - 4 million
    15. The Final Frontier - 3 million
    16. Live after Death - 8.5 million
    17. Maiden England - 1.5million
    18. A real live One - 2 million
    19. A Real Dead One - 1 million
    20. Rock in Rio - 1 million
    21. Death on the Road - 1 million
    22. Best of the Beast - 3 million
    23. Edward the Great - 1 million
    24. Somewhere in time (live) - 1.5 million

===============================

Total 101.25 million albums

That puts them roughly in the same league as Metallica, Bob Dylan, Kiss and The Who.

The difference is that Maiden sold all those albums without being a commercial band, really with no airplay to speak of (especially here in the States where everything is owned by Clearchannel).

#191 10 years ago

I get that some don't think Maiden would make a good theme for a pin, but I don't get the need some have to crap all over a thread where people who think it would be cool discuss it among themselves.

If I were to see a thread discussing the merits of (insert random theme) pin, the last thing I'd do is jump into it with some comment telling everyone how it'll never happen, seemingly gloating as I did it.

Just don't get it.

#192 10 years ago

There are always some Negative Nancys on every forum.

They are not happy with their own lives, so they try to drag everybody else down with them.

#193 10 years ago

they are just lowly trolls, repeating the same venomous bile like a broken record. happiness makes trolls angry.

engaging them is like stepping in dog shit, not really worth it

#194 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The difference is that Maiden sold all those albums without being a commercial band, really with no airplay to speak of.

Exactly! Not being a commercial band and no airplay = no one but their fan base knows who they are. Everybody knows AD/DC and at least a couple Metallica songs. My wife is far from a heavy metal fan, but she loves pinball and she knows all the ACDC songs and even a few Metallica songs. Ask her who Iron Maiden is? No clue. You guys are preaching to the choir. I'm all for an Iron Maiden pin. I'll most likely even buy one if its made. Power to the people!

#195 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Ask her who Iron Maiden is? No clue.

That's what makes Maiden cool.

Who wants to listen to music that housewives like?

#196 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's what makes Maiden cool.
    Who wants to listen to music that housewives like?

and how many wives would buy a pinball machine? if stern made a sex in the city pin would that sell?

pinball is mostly a male thing, so is metal.

iron maiden is the perfect demographic for a stern music pin. i just hope stern gets the rights to it before homepin decides to give it a try.

#197 10 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

if stern made a sex in the city pin would that sell?

It would be cool to have the flippers look like high heel shoes......

#198 10 years ago

Didn't remember if I'd posted this, but when we were at Stern last week, Gary asked my boys what they thought the next theme should be.

Both boys yelled out, "Iron Maiden!" I was never so proud.

And Gary's reply was, "Interesting. Our European customers would like that." And then he went back into his office, probably to call Maiden's reps.

#199 10 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

Didn't remember if I'd posted this, but when we were at Stern last week, Gary asked my boys what they thought the next theme should be.

Both boys yelled out, "Iron Maiden!" I was never so proud.

And Gary's reply was, "Interesting. Our European customers would like that." And then he went back into his office, probably to call Maiden's reps.

You raised your kids well. This post almost brought a tear to my eyes. We will have our pin my Maiden brothers!

#200 10 years ago

Maiden still needs reps?!

There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-stern-this-is-the-list-of-iron-maiden-buyers/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.