(Topic ID: 73093)

OK, so now what would you rate as the WORST EM backglass of all time?

By jrpinball

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E4E1CEC1-5CDD-49F3-AF3A-E2ADB046E7D8 (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_0705 (resized).JPG
Discofc94e8f6de5e622a8a09b20640d7532f26d573fb (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
CC (resized).jpg
Lucy in the Sky (resized).jpg
Mermaid (resized).jpg
Quartette (resized).jpg
Easy Aces (resized).jpg
Nic (resized).jpg
SS (resized).jpg
Sir Rossi (resized).jpg
Sea-Belles (resized).jpg
Atlas (resized).jpg
IMG_2510 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OldHockeyGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's what's great about this hobby. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Glad we aren't all looking for the same ones.

Love this thread begun by the esteemed JR. Clearly we are a large community with very diverse tastes. My current interests lie with the art of Jerry Kelley and Christian Marche on Bally and Williams games from the early-1960's through the mid-1970's, but I also enjoy the work of George Molentin and Gordon Morison. This is roughly the period of abstract pinball art. In the art world at large, abstract art is experiencing a revival these days with a popular "cubist" exhibition recently closing at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Some of the candidates mentioned in this thread for worst backglasses are from this class of abstract art, with King Rex and Galahad near the top of the list. These games are not featured in the Pacific Pinball curated exhibit on modernist pinball art (https://www.pacificpinball.org/exhibition/pointy-people), but some games mentioned in this thread, Paddock/Post Time, Zip-A-Doo and Mini-Zag are!

My candidates for worst backglasses would include romantic woodrails from the 1950's and many of the Gottlieb EM games, but I think it is just better to say that they are not styles I appreciate.

With this thread being silent for over 5 years, I am wondering if current pinfans have new candidates for worst EM backglasses?

JR, we will need to debate this over a cigar at Pinfest!

#364 1 year ago

I'm on the Vampire bandwagon for the most ugly backglass!

2 months later
#367 11 months ago

@jrpinball, wondering what your current top 5 is after nearly 10 years of life to this thread?

After staring at many of these backglasses last weekend, I can't stop thinking that Jungle King does look like a guy in diapers, Vampire and Galahad are really ugly, but I disagree with you on Straight Flush , Paddock / Post Time , and Student Prince , which seem nicely comical.

What do you, or others think now?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alameda, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OldHockeyGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-so-now-what-would-you-rate-as-the-worst-em-backglass-of-all-time?tu=OldHockeyGuy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.