(Topic ID: 85346)

OK so I love STLE but...Bally Williams stuff rules!!

By Skypilot

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Jediturtle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image3.jpg
    image2.jpg
    image1.jpg
    Chargers2.jpg
    images-766.jpg
    images63.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minusworlds.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago

For me one of the best draws to B/W is the original themes. Nothing about them says "cookie cutter" to me, while Stern's...well they just do

I like some of the newer Stern's don't get me wrong but I LOVE the B/W themes/humor and build quality.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I know this is gonna sound nitpicky, but as an artist this stuff is important to me. What Stern needs to do is up their print quality. Look at the screened art on a Williams/Bally slingshot plastic, then look at the art on a Metallica slingshot. JJP gets this, even if they're kind of annoying about it (the recent clear coated vs decal crap).
    Pinball has always been a commercial enterprise, but the modern Sterns just lack the same feeling of the old ones to me primarily because of the crappy Photoshopped art and poor print quality. It's just cheap and tacky feeling.
    I'm really learning to appreciate Sterns because of the modern rules, they're typically deeper which is great for home use, you feel like you have more to do and so the fun lasts longer. And the powdercoating has gotten nice, I love the finish on my Star Trek Premium. But as objects to appreciate they don't really carry quite the same weight as the eras where hand drawn art was the standard, even for licensed movie properties.

Boom!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider minusworlds.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-so-i-love-stle-butbally-williams-stuff-rules?tu=minusworlds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.