(Topic ID: 87408)

OK, My wife is going to snap !!!

By SUPERBEE

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spiderman-pinky.jpg
    image-594.jpg
    20130626_205227(1).jpg
    truth .jpg
    its-a-trap-1.gif
    There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

moral of the story:
    BE FUCKIN' RICH
    AND THEN YOUR WIFE WON'T BITCH

She'll still bitch

#52 10 years ago

Today I hit my wife's limit. Came home with an Atlantis. This makes pin #13. Of which only about half work. Right now they are confined to several rooms in the basement....and oh, yea, I 've taken over the living room with 3 pins as well. Usually she acts interested in the pin I bring home and plays it a few times. I've even got her hooked on Black Knight 2000. But tonight she just looked at the Atlantis, said "Great, I can't believe you bought ANOTHER one!" and walked out. Think I'll let her fall off to sleep before I climb into bed tonight. Glad tomorrow is a work day...

I figure this time next week I'll be having DTs and withdrawl hallucinations since I'm gonna have to quit cold turkey from buying games for a while. I'm cutting myself off from Craigslist and Mr PInball Classifieds........ (not pinside though...)

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

She'll still bitch

yep they'll find something to moan about. and not in the nice way. P

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from boneman91:

Today I hit my wife's limit. Came home with an Atlantis. This makes pin #13. Of which only about half work. Right now they are confined to several rooms in the basement....and oh, yea, I 've taken over the living room with 3 pins as well. Usually she acts interested in the pin I bring home and plays it a few times. I've even got her hooked on Black Knight 2000. But tonight she just looked at the Atlantis, said "Great, I can't believe you bought ANOTHER one!" and walked out. Think I'll let her fall off to sleep before I climb into bed tonight. Glad tomorrow is a work day...
    I figure this time next week I'll be having DTs and withdrawl hallucinations since I'm gonna have to quit cold turkey from buying games for a while. I'm cutting myself off from Craigslist and Mr PInball Classifieds........ (not pinside though...)

so it's not just me then, eh ?

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from boneman91:

i would not even entertain the idea of suggesting placing a pin anywhere else but in the games room. my partner would go apeshit.

slightly offtopic, having read you had a few pins in the living room. im sure most people have seen that japanese collectors house/apartment or whatever it is on ytoob.. filled to the brim with pins?... hes got em everywhere. couple in the kitchen i think. dining room, bedrooms filled with pins, no beds. : P .... oh, surprisingly enough he is single, he made mention of that... heh i think hes got like 35 pins. and no one to answer to.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

moral of the story:

BE FUCKIN' RICH

AND THEN YOUR WIFE WON'T BITCH

Or at least be really good in bed so you don't have to give away all your stuff every five years.

LTG : )™

#57 10 years ago

#58 10 years ago

YMCMB ya'll!!!

#59 10 years ago

(Looks around. Slowly backs out of this thread.)

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

LOL!

#61 10 years ago

Women... Can't live with 'em... Can't shoot 'em...

#62 10 years ago

Well this was a good vent for all of us

It's amazing how accurate it is that everyone gets addicted in this hobby just the same, and how every wife turns into the same negative nancy after (blondtall - I hope you appreciate my very nicest way to put that in lieu of the ladies in this thread haha).

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

You could charge a fee and call all our wives/partners and try to talk some sense into them for us. Maybe a female saying it would sink in.

#64 10 years ago

I really can't complain, my fiancée is a very décor-and-furniture-conscious person, and she's been pretty cool about me bringing my third pin into (what used to be) our dining room. Did I mention she's also the one who helped me carry every one of these home and up a flight of stairs (albeit with some grumbling)? Yeah, she's a keeper.

#65 10 years ago

I can sort of understand (from a woman's perspective, if I didn't care anything about pinball) how it would be irritating to have your house taken over by an expensive hobby that you didn't share. I mean, imagine if your wife/partner decided that expensive (insert something girly here that you don't like, such as handbags, clothes, shoes) was her new hobby, and not only did they cost thousand of dollars, but also somehow had add-ons that cost even more, and they took up a ton of space, and she talked about them all the time. And sometimes she went to expos and came back with even more, and sometimes they were broken and but a "good deal" so she got them anyway and now they have to be stored until fixed. You probably wouldn't be thrilled about it either.

But then again, I'm not a very good girly girl and have literally more pinball machines than pairs of shoes. I enjoy working on them sometimes more than playing them and have gotten quite good at maintenance and repairs. Plus it helps that my husband is crazy enough that the entire lower level of our house looks like a ThinkGeek catalog exploded, with a home theater, 7 pins in 2 other rooms, walls covered in geek art and Space Invaders decals, doors decorated like the TARDIS and science labs, Dr Who themed bathrooms, etc. Sadly we tend to encourage it between us, and he gets whatever gamer/console stuff he wants since he is more into gaming than pinball. Upstairs is "normal" so that we can seem like responsible adults, but downstairs... all bets are off. People are fascinated when they see our house then realize we have no kids. We don't need any, we ARE the kids.

#66 10 years ago

I just started tabulating all the shit my wife buys:
    New Purse $250
    New Shoes $115
    Ridiculously expensive make-up $300
    Clothes...clothes and more clothes $700
    Hair Cuts : $100
    Hair Colouring $100
    The nice necklace she had in blue but decided to get in red to match those nice shoes she's going to buy to match her other purse she is going to buy : $500

And then show her you the bill and say... I think we have room for another pinball

#67 10 years ago

She'll tell you that she does it to look good for you... so it's your fault really.

See, that's why I'm not a good girly girl. I refuse to pay that much for stuff. I don't even wear make-up besides mascara, I cut my own hair, I have had the same clothes for years and buy on clearance. And despite all that, I do not look like a hobo. lol

#68 10 years ago

Tell her its cheaper then other hobbies and the local bar. It keeps you out of trouble. They really bitch when you buy new pins and playfields.

Livingroom works great for Tron LE.

20130626_205227(1).jpg20130626_205227(1).jpg

#69 10 years ago

My wife is beautiful and I am well aware that I am a hypocritical asshole. I am also well aware that its prob only because I am so good in bed that she keeps me around. I am the biggest kid and she lets me be me for the most part. Not many women would put up with me, she is my hero. Just wanted to throw in some kind words about my better half.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

My wife is beautiful and I am well aware that I am a hypocritical asshole. I am also well aware that its prob only because I am so good in bed that she keeps me around. I am the biggest kid and she lets me be me for the most part. Not many women would put up with me, she is my hero. Just wanted to throw in some kind words about my better half.

And some words about yourself

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I just started tabulating all the shit my wife buys:New Purse $250New Shoes $115Ridiculously expensive make-up $300Clothes...clothes and more clothes $700Hair Cuts : $100Hair Colouring $100The nice necklace she had in blue but decided to get in red to match those nice shoes she's going to buy to match her other purse she is going to buy : $500
    And then show her you the bill and say... I think we have room for another pinball

And then you note "after a couple years the machine is going to be worth X, how much can we sell all this crap for then? Nothing, hmmm...."

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Livingroom works great for TRON LE.

20130626_205227(1).jpg 208 KB

i did the exact same pose when my Tron LE showed up

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

damn, u havent got a sister have u : P

Nope sorry, only child-

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Too funny - I'm with blondetall on this one.

Yesterday when my husband and I were in the basement standing beside the SS I casualy floated the idea of powder coating the rails, legs and lockdown bar black. Someone else here did it and now I have pin-envy (pinvy?).

#75 10 years ago

Blondetall and Grinder, congratulations on your good fortune. And I can't complain that much, my wife seems "over it" today. We've never fought about each other's purchases. I think she is just truly concerned I've flipped my lid. I'll settle down, fix the ones that aren't working, sell a few, and give one away to my brother, and then get back on the acquisition horse. I love my wife dearly, wouldn't trade places with anyone in the world, and have to admit that I have stepped over the line.......temporarily!

#76 10 years ago

$1700 on BBB plastics
    $500 on circuit boards
    $350 on LOTR mods
    $100 on BBB decals
    That's only in the last month!

Gotta stop buying pinball stuff. My wife knows about everything. Not happy, until I spend some on her keep her sweet buy some UGGs or something!

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from scylla:

Too funny - I'm with blondetall on this one.
    Yesterday when my husband and I were in the basement standing beside the SS I casualy floated the idea of powder coating the rails, legs and lockdown bar black. Someone else here did it and now I have pin-envy (pinvy?).

I have nothing to powdercoat, but really want to do something in this color to match my new stand mixer...

image-594.jpgimage-594.jpg
    #78 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I have nothing to powdercoat, but really want to do something in this color to match my new stand mixer...

Ha ha - love it!

#79 10 years ago

For every birthday / holiday / special occasion I just ask people for PinballLife gift certificates. I always use them and it's always a needed present

#80 10 years ago

I got drunk saturday night . Ended up on my laptop later when i got home and next thing i know i saw all the emails from marco, pinball life, etc sunday morning. Got the drunken happy trigger finger and spent 400.00 . Barely remember it ! lol Wife doesnt know yet, boy is she gonna be pissed !

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I got drunk saturday night . Ended up on my laptop later when i got home and next thing i know i saw all the emails from marco, pinball life, etc sunday morning. Got the drunken happy trigger finger and spent 400.00 . Barely remember it ! lol Wife doesnt know yet, boy is she gonna be pissed !

Ha - drunk online shopping is so dangerous.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

image-594.jpg 88 KB

spiderman-pinky.jpgspiderman-pinky.jpg

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-my-wife-is-going-to-snap/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.