(Topic ID: 315323)

OK - Looking for "real world prices" Back to the Future & others

By too-many-pins

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

We are down to the las hand full of machines getting sold out of the collection and I am trying to establish "fair" prices (being fair to both us and a buyer). Since the market seems to be all over the place these days it is really hard to know what price is logical. Especially on machines that don't come up for sale often.

First up is BTTF - very nice condition overall with one "major issue". That issue is side art on one side was bad and poorly touched up by someone before we purchased this machine. Otherwise the machine is in super nice shape with no wear or other damage.

Second machine is Pin-Pot in much nicer than average condition - little to no wear on the playfield - just one little speck of paint missing in the yellow below the target area.

And lastly a better than average Xenon - playing 100% and looks good but has wear between the flippers kind of below the main playfield (odd spot for wear) but that is where this one is worn. Rest of the playfield, cabinet & backglass all look great.

I hate doing these post and I know people hate seeing them but I am finding it harder & harder to figure out a logical price on machines these days.

#2 1 year ago

3-4k for BTTF

Same price for Pinbot

2-2500 for xenon

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

We are down to the las hand full of machines getting sold out of the collection and I am trying to establish "fair" prices (being fair to both us and a buyer). Since the market seems to be all over the place these days it is really hard to know what price is logical. Especially on machines that don't come up for sale often.
    First up is BTTF - very nice condition overall with one "major issue". That issue is side art on one side was bad and poorly touched up by someone before we purchased this machine. Otherwise the machine is in super nice shape with no wear or other damage.
    Second machine is Pin-Pot in much nicer than average condition - little to no wear on the playfield - just one little speck of paint missing in the yellow below the target area.
    And lastly a better than average Xenon - playing 100% and looks good but has wear between the flippers kind of below the main playfield (odd spot for wear) but that is where this one is worn. Rest of the playfield, cabinet & backglass all look great.
    I hate doing these post and I know people hate seeing them but I am finding it harder & harder to figure out a logical price on machines these days.

In this dumb market you could probably ask 8k for BTTF and some jackass will buy it.

Realistic prices are whatever people want to pay. Nothing makes sense anymore, Skip.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

3-4k for BTTF
    Same price for Pinbot
    2-2500 for xenon

Pinside shows BTTF at $5400 which seemed high to me.

Pinbot at $2600 which seemed low

And Xenon at $2000 which also seemed kind of low

That is what drives me about 1/2 crazy these days!

#5 1 year ago

Pinside shows BTTF at $5400 which seemed high to me.
    Pinbot at $2600 which seemed low
    And Xenon at $2000 which also seemed kind of low
    That is what drives me about 1/2 crazy these days!

Then price the BTTF under 5400

Price pinbot over 2600

And xenon over 2000

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

In this dumb market you could probably ask 8k for BTTF and some jackass will buy it.
    Realistic prices are whatever people want to pay. Nothing makes sense anymore, Skip.

I would think $5000 (give or take a few dollars) would be "logical" for BTTF because it rarely comes up for sale and it is a pretty neat machine but I wasn't sure if my thinking was logical on that. As far as Pinbot & Xenon - at least they do come up for sale once in a while so they are a little easier to gauge a price on.

#7 1 year ago

With how crazy things have gotten with pricing & this hobby I'll be glad to see the last of our machines sold and gone so I don't have to try and figure this stuff out anymore. Prices have gotten "beyond insane" in some cases but crazier yet is people are paying those insane prices?

Anyway - thanks upfront for any and all input on this.

#8 1 year ago

25k by xmas

#9 1 year ago

These days that is the way it is starting to feel!

#10 1 year ago

Seen you pinside for years.
    Hope you stay around.
    Will you change your name to....
    Not-any-pins?
    BTTF, 5k with solid ramp sounds right.
    Pinbot 2500-3000 if it's clean, pimped ive seen in the 3-3500 range.
    Xenon if it's really nice can fetch 2500-3.
    Good luck and let us know.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Seen you pinside for years.
    Hope you stay around.
    Will you change your name to....
    Not-any-pins?
    BTTF, 5k with solid ramp sounds right.
    Pinbot 2500-3000 if it's clean, pimped ive seen in the 3-3500 range.
    Xenon if it's really nice can fetch 2500-3.
    Good luck and let us know.

We will have a few pins in the collection so I'll likely "lurk" some but I doubt I'll have much new to post since I am going to basically be done with buying and selling machines. I don't know if we can change our name here on Pinside but if I can maybe the correct "new name" would be "too-many-trains" since I got into that hobby in a huge way over the past couple years (since Covid). When I started back into the trains I had a few dozen items from my childhood collection and I am now up to over 700 Stor-All size boxes of model railroad stuff. For some reason I can never seem to keep things to a logical scale?

#12 1 year ago

We will have a few pins in the collection so I'll likely "lurk" some but I doubt I'll have much new to post since I am going to basically be done with buying and selling machines. I don't know if we can change our name here on Pinside but if I can maybe the correct "new name" would be "too-many-trains" since I got into that hobby in a huge way over the past couple years (since Covid). When I started back into the trains I had a few dozen items from my childhood collection and I am now up to over 700 Stor-All size boxes of model railroad stuff. For some reason I can never seem to keep things to a logical scale?

Ut-ohh ,trains.
    Been a problem at my house for 25 years.
    Huge LGB collector. Always preferred the larger scale. This creates many big boxes of trains!
    My collection like the pins got way to big these past 10 years. I'm just always finding deals. I've lost maybe 10 old train stores here in socal the past 5 years. Always a clearance sale. I try not to look anymore. I'm down to just 2 shops in my area now.

#13 1 year ago

BTTF sold at $5000 so I guess that should be considered "fair market value" for a decent looking BTTF it today's market

Thanks for the input!

-Skip-

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-looking-for-real-world-prices-back-to-the-future-amp-others and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.