• Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bowman (resized).jpg
GameOverSequels (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scylla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I had mixed feelings about this movie, but probably my biggest three issues were:
1) AGAIN, the crew have zero space exploration safety protocol and act like complete nincompoops
2) AGAIN, (like after Prometheus), it left so many unanswered questions, and left me wondering how the heck it's supposed to eventually tie in with the original Alien
3) AGAIN (like all of the films after Alien3), the gestation time and growth rates are ridiculously, unbelievably fast
It had its moments, and as a fan of the overall saga, I still enjoyed it ... but the more I think about it, the more its assorted issues irritate me.

Great summary - I agree.

I watched Alien (original) again on Sunday (to get Covenant out of my system). What a freakin' fantastic movie. Amazing to think it's just shy of 40 years old and still timeless. All of these incredible details like the ship console information being reflected in the helmet's visor at the start.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Speaking of which, I did like Covenant's subtle references to the original -- including the 'red x' warning screens on the ship, and also the atmosphere music.

Yes - I'll give you that. They also had that bopping bird in the water toy thing (no idea what those are called) that was in the original.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Fassbender is not only a great chameleon, but the premier actor of his generation.

I also think his girlfriend is fantastic (Alicia Vikander). She was in Ex Machina, The Danish Girl and The Light Between Oceans. Not sold on her as the new Lara Croft. I think that role was made for Angelina. Don't think Alicia has enough edge. But I guess we'll see...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scylla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-im-going-to-see-aliens-dang-it?tu=scylla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.