You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bowman (resized).jpg
GameOverSequels (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

All this talk about aliens.

And now it's Tuesday so the super premium movie near me is six bucks. Anyways I'm going. They have a kiss pro in the lobby. Sweet.

Spoilers ok. By the time I'm back. I should have seen it!

Have a great day everyone!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

Big alien fan myself
But this movie is not anything to remember

Sorry to burst your Alien bubble

#3 6 years ago

I had mixed feelings about this movie, but probably my biggest three issues were:
1) AGAIN, the crew have zero space exploration safety protocol and act like complete nincompoops
2) AGAIN, (like after Prometheus), it left so many unanswered questions, and left me wondering how the heck it's supposed to eventually tie in with the original Alien
3) AGAIN (like all of the films after Alien3), the gestation time and growth rates are ridiculously, unbelievably fast

It had its moments, and as a fan of the overall saga, I still enjoyed it ... but the more I think about it, the more its assorted issues irritate me.

#4 6 years ago

yeah glad I saw it but have to agree it was very lackluster

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I had mixed feelings about this movie, but probably my biggest three issues were:
1) AGAIN, the crew have zero space exploration safety protocol and act like complete nincompoops
2) AGAIN, (like after Prometheus), it left so many unanswered questions, and left me wondering how the heck it's supposed to eventually tie in with the original Alien
3) AGAIN (like all of the films after Alien3), the gestation time and growth rates are ridiculously, unbelievably fast
It had its moments, and as a fan of the overall saga, I still enjoyed it ... but the more I think about it, the more its assorted issues irritate me.

Great summary - I agree.

I watched Alien (original) again on Sunday (to get Covenant out of my system). What a freakin' fantastic movie. Amazing to think it's just shy of 40 years old and still timeless. All of these incredible details like the ship console information being reflected in the helmet's visor at the start.

#6 6 years ago

Movie was a big letdown. The Covenant movie poster is pretty bad ass tho.

#7 6 years ago

I saw Covenant, thought it was pretty good (but like said before not very memorable) but im not sure where they can go with it after Promethius, I really hate prequels, i like to move forward. Yea its pretty hard to top the first 2.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

I watched Alien (original) again on Sunday (to get Covenant out of my system). What a freakin' fantastic movie. Amazing to think it's just shy of 40 years old and still timeless. All of these incredible details like the ship console information being reflected in the helmet's visor at the start.

Speaking of which, I did like Covenant's subtle references to the original -- including the 'red x' warning screens on the ship, and also the atmosphere music.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Speaking of which, I did like Covenant's subtle references to the original -- including the 'red x' warning screens on the ship, and also the atmosphere music.

Yes - I'll give you that. They also had that bopping bird in the water toy thing (no idea what those are called) that was in the original.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Seriously, they did this again? WTF is wrong with these Hollywood people? Idiots. They didn't realize that Prometheus is universally hated because of this idiocy? Another one I won't go see. No trips to the theater in 2017 for me yet, and it doesn't appear I have missed anything. Movies are a dying art.

#12 6 years ago

The new movie is more focused on AI with the androids then on the Aliens - LOL.
That's the hot topic in a lot of Sci-Fi currently, so that's where they pushed the story line.

I was hoping for more "Alien Action". Aliens (the second film) is still the best movie in the franchise IMO.

#13 6 years ago

I thought it was ok. I wasn't expecting to be blown away I just took it for what it was.

The theatre was packed with people seeing Wonder Woman. That is getting some big box office numbers. Nice to see dc get some love.

The aliens movie was a mixed bag but I love big budget science fiction. I will buy the blue ray to throw it on at home, when it comes out.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I was hoping for more "Alien Action". Aliens (the second film) is still the best movie in the franchise IMO.

GameOverSequels (resized).jpgGameOverSequels (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago

I enjoyed the movie. Pleased to see a continuation of Prometheus, if albeit in a dark and unexpected way.

I sure hope we get another to see how the payoff of Covenant goes down, but the bad box office makes it an uphill climb.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I saw Covenant, thought it was pretty good (but like said before not very memorable) but im not sure where they can go with it after Promethius, I really hate prequels, i like to move forward. Yea its pretty hard to top the first 2.

I can see Ridley Scott coming back for one more to tie it all together. I'm thinking bring Sigourney back to save the Earth from Fassbender's David.

Quoted from xsvtoys:

Seriously, they did this again? WTF is wrong with these Hollywood people? Idiots. They didn't realize that Prometheus is universally hated because of this idiocy? Another one I won't go see. No trips to the theater in 2017 for me yet, and it doesn't appear I have missed anything. Movies are a dying art.

You missed Logan which was awesome.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

All of these incredible details like the ship console information being reflected in the helmet's visor at the start.

bowman (resized).jpgbowman (resized).jpg

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I can see Ridley Scott coming back for one more to tie it all together. I'm thinking bring Sigourney back to save the Earth from Fassbender's David.

You missed Logan which was awesome.

I wondered about Logan but it seems like it came and went and there wasn't much talk about it which seemed odd. What I saw in trailers looked good, but I was held back by that awful last one where he went to Japan. Oh well, it will roll around soon enough on Netflix, I catch them all there and watch them at home on the big screen. Saves me money, I can FF the bad parts, and I don't have to go in a grimy dark room with the unwashed masses talking on their cell phones

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I wondered about Logan but it seems like it came and went and there wasn't much talk about it which seemed odd.

I actually heard a ton aboot it and great things from everyone...super brutal movie they say.
I actually watched the Nippon one one day and it was even worse than I thought it would be.

#20 6 years ago

i found myself relating to the cyborgs. Which seemed to be having the best time. And they seemed to know it.

All the classical tie ins were nice but somewhat lost on me. I love rock and roll.

#21 6 years ago

But I also know this was not guardians.

#22 6 years ago

There were parts of The Wolverine that were cool. The only thing I remember really disliking was Silver Samurai turned into a mech suit.

Bone Claw Wolvie was really great to see. Fatal Attractions and Bone Claw Wolvie happened when I was reading comics in school.

#23 6 years ago

I would've gladly watched an entire movie of that Pygmalion between David 1 and David 2, Fassbender had a great chemistry with himself. If they're going to make movies set in the Alien universe, why not do different movies rather than just trying to remake the first ones? I'd love to see a "Dead Ringers" but with Fassbender robots.

#24 6 years ago

It was well done. Fassbender is a great actor and I kind of like the nefarious twist of things and evolution of the xenomorphs due to David vs. the Creators. Hope to see more Walter down the road. The look he gave the Neomorph alone was interesting.

#25 6 years ago

I have not seen the Logan movie yet either. But I think it is much much different than the first ones from what I've heard. Ultraviolent for a start. I'll watch it today, so I can atleast speak effectively.

But my point is this new r rated direction for Logan. Might be a good thing, to me. Maybe you too.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I have not seen the Logan movie yet either. But I think it is much much different than the first ones from what I've heard. Ultraviolent for a start. I'll watch it today, so I can atleast speak effectively.
But my point is this new r rated direction for Logan. Might be a good thing, to me. Maybe you too.

Logan was a fantastic superhero movie grounded in reality. Dare I say, up there with Reeve's Superman as far as my favorites go. Jackman nailed Old Man Logan and Wolverine's persona over the last 15+ years.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

It was well done. Fassbender is a great actor and I kind of like the nefarious twist of things and evolution of the xenomorphs due to David vs. the Creators. Hope to see more Walter down the road. The look he gave the Neomorph alone was interesting.

Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Walter.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I would've gladly watched an entire movie of that Pygmalion between David 1 and David 2, Fassbender had a great chemistry with himself. If they're going to make movies set in the Alien universe, why not do different movies rather than just trying to remake the first ones? I'd love to see a "Dead Ringers" but with Fassbender robots.

Fassbender is not only a great chameleon, but the premier actor of his generation.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Something tells me we haven't seen the last of Walter.

Yeah, as to not spoiler it, they didn't really show ultimately a demise of sorts. That's what makes me think he'll be back.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Yeah, as to not spoiler it, they didn't really show ultimately a demise of sorts. That's what makes me think he'll be back.

This thread starts with a "spoilers ok" ... but just in case -- MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD, STOP READING NOW .... while anything is possible for the next movie, obviously the reason they didn't show his demise in Covenant was because they had to set up the David/Walter twist. (...which, sadly, was not at all a surprise, considering they clearly avoided showing how their fight ended.)

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Fassbender is not only a great chameleon, but the premier actor of his generation.

I also think his girlfriend is fantastic (Alicia Vikander). She was in Ex Machina, The Danish Girl and The Light Between Oceans. Not sold on her as the new Lara Croft. I think that role was made for Angelina. Don't think Alicia has enough edge. But I guess we'll see...

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Jackman nailed Old Man Logan and Wolverine's persona over the last 15+ years.

I don't know if I would go that far. Wolverine in the comics was always emotionally distant. Mainly because of the many losses he had through the years and his distrust of his own memories. He tended to speak in grunts and actions.

Jackman was always too talky and free with his feelings. His height was also a problem because one of the character's greatest attributes is that he's an underdog, a runt. It's hard to be an underdog when you're 6'2" with the singing voice of an angel.

I only started warming up to Jackman's Wolverine with Days of Future Past. Logan was just amazing for this long time Wolvie fan.

#33 6 years ago

Spoilers definitely ok. I wonder what is next actually. I hope it is nice and big budget.

#34 6 years ago

One more thing giger was missed. Is missed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-im-going-to-see-aliens-dang-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.