(Topic ID: 145793)

Ok did I miss the rumor page? Stern, Whats NEXT?

By oropuro

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

img-thing_(resized).jpg
6883391_RollingStones-LickPhone_(resized).jpg
kisskondoms_(resized).jpg
kisscheckers_(resized).jpg
9-09kisspothead_(resized).jpg
UN_(resized).jpg
UN_(resized).jpg
Nugent-Pedophile-74871159031_(resized).png
elvis_(resized).jpg
steven_tyler_old_woman_01_(resized).jpg
Au9VoH4CEAABpIh.png
Bond-Girls.jpg
James-Bonds-600x300.jpg
1000x1000.jpg
image.jpeg
WP_20151126_13_14_15_Pro.jpg
There are 314 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 8 years ago

Does Aerosmith have real fans? I thought they were one of those bands that made unoffensive rock hits, people bought their records after hearing the singles and played them, and then forgot about them. Then Love in an Elevator comes on the radio and you know the lyrics, and forget about it after it's over.

I had a copy of Pump on cassette when I was 12, I remember their MTV videos, but they're just kind of generically popular to me now. Hard to see anyone actually caring about an Aerosmith pin.

I could be wrong though, anyone a real fan? When I try to think of visuals all I can think of are big lips, scarves, and Alicia Silverstone.

#102 8 years ago

Next music pin will not be one of those 10 because it will be The WHO

#103 8 years ago

Just between you, me and Pinside... Jurassic World.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Van Halen. Large library of hits between two lead singers for different models and different modes in the game.

Funny. I did an all Van Halen Bin file for someones AC/DC last year.
So there is at least one Van Halen pin out there.

#105 8 years ago

He slimed me.....

slimed-me.gifslimed-me.gif

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

And by the way, they are Irish.

I know that, but Casey Kasim apparently did not...

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

If indeed Aerosmith becomes a pin, avoid using the face that most find vomitworthy

Yep. Even Liv Tyler is looking pretty haggard these days ("The Leftovers" on HBO) and she's only 38. Must be genetic?

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know that, but Casey Kasim apparently did not...

I still wonder what those pictures that Don was supposed to show him were of?

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Hoopjohn:

If indeed Aerosmith becomes a pin, avoid using the face that most find vomitworthy

Even without his wig, the dude still looks like a lady.

Tyler_without_wig.jpgTyler_without_wig.jpg

#110 8 years ago

can't unsee.

#111 8 years ago

Aerosmith is the next music pin according to MNpinball (he's called lots of other titles before they were announced):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-sterns-next-music-pin/page/11#post-2838779

So, it looks like the next Stern releases will go something like this:

Spider-Man VE
Ghostbusters
Aerosmith

#112 8 years ago

Wow...Aerosmith is goddamn horrible idea, and I even like a lot of their songs.

But I never thought I'd own a Metallika so you never know.

#113 8 years ago

Two things Stern needs to make sure to do with an Aerosmith pin, one is to not use the ugly mugs of the band in the art unless it is hand drawn similar to KISS, and the other is to use the more rocking songs like Toys in the Attic.

#114 8 years ago

I think Tyler would demand he be front & center and all over the joint.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think Tyler would demand he be front & center and all over the joint.

Where is the barfing emoticon?

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Two things Stern needs to make sure to do with an Aerosmith pin, one is to not use the ugly mugs of the band in the art unless it is hand drawn

68bd52e3abcbf15a601e7b111d0693c3e4d6b7d5.jpeg68bd52e3abcbf15a601e7b111d0693c3e4d6b7d5.jpeg

#117 8 years ago

For some reason, it feels like my ACDC premium is suddenly devalued by the release of an Aerosmith pin.

#118 8 years ago

Inside information says the surprise pin is Napoleon Dynamite . . . or was that just a flippin voice inside my head.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Aerosmith is the next music pin

Man I wish someone a little younger would be picking what bands to make a pin theme around!

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Man I wish someone a little younger would be picking what bands to make a pin theme around!

Or someone older that has already been there done that. Not enough pinballers care for newer music from what I can tell, but that is what comes out of my speakers. The 70s and 80s were fun, but they are long gone now.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

68bd52e3abcbf15a601e7b111d0693c3e4d6b7d5.jpeg

Darn it, I did say like KISS.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Two things Stern needs to make sure to do with an Aerosmith pin, one is to not use the ugly mugs of the band in the art unless it is hand drawn similar to KISS, and the other is to use the more rocking songs like Toys in the Attic.

I dunno, if you ask me the first thing Stern should do with an Aerosmith pin is throw the idea in the trash and pick another band.

Now music is totally subjective, but is anyone at all interested in a pin featuring Aerosmith? So generic. They've sold a ton of records, I get it, but bleh. Not relevant, zero interesting visuals, nothing great to theme around. Metallica lent itself to a killer playfield, made total sense. Can anyone tell me what Aerosmith should feature? An elevator stolen from AMH?

Give Lyman the Black Sabbath pin he's always wanted! The rules would be amazing by default, he wouldn't let anything else be the case!

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno, if you ask me the first thing Stern should do with an Aerosmith pin is throw the idea in the trash and pick another band.
Now music is totally subjective, but is anyone at all interested in a pin featuring Aerosmith? So generic. They've sold a ton of records, I get it, but bleh. Not relevant, zero interesting visuals, nothing great to theme around. Metallica lent itself to a killer playfield, made total sense. Can anyone tell me what Aerosmith should feature? An elevator stolen from AMH?
Give Lyman the Black Sabbath pin he's always wanted! The rules would be amazing by default, he wouldn't let anything else be the case!

I'm with you. I like Aerosmith a lot and think it is a horrible theme. It's just not relevant.

#124 8 years ago

+1 for dio era black sabbath.

#125 8 years ago

I like Aerosmith up to Nights in the Ruts.

After that they are totally power ballad gayoramma.

#126 8 years ago

When the F will Stern redesign a South Park?

#127 8 years ago

Maybe Aerosmith will just be a Rolling Stones VE, but with new art, sound and dots?

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Maybe Aerosmith will just be a Rolling Stones VE, but with new art, sound and dots?

Hopefully so everyone can ignore it and we don;t have to argue aboot it for weeks.

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hopefully so everyone can ignore it and we don;t have to argue aboot it for weeks.

There's no argument, it's a terrible idea.

#130 8 years ago

Or while it's fresh just redo Kiss package and instead of shooting your balls into Gene Simmons head, you shoot them into Steven Tylers

#131 8 years ago

Aerosmith hasn't been announced, but assuming it's true I can't fault Stern for making more band pins, ACDC and Metallica are great. And while I don't like Kiss (as a band, haven't played the pin yet), the new pin is a tribute to a classic and a smart move. Hopefully it gets some code improvements this month as rumored.

But man, Aerosmith is just so ... I dunno man, of all the themes in the world why pick one that's following in the footsteps of Guitar Hero?

Guitar Hero: the we need to keep selling units to people to bought the instruments edition.Guitar Hero: the we need to keep selling units to people to bought the instruments edition.

It just feels like a flashback to Journey to me.

This is not a good game for the record.This is not a good game for the record.

Who knows, might not even be true. And maybe they'll try and keep the band pins hand drawn from here on out, we respond really well to it and the two games that did it have sold. It's just ... Aerosmith.

Seriously, it's totally cool for everyone to have different musical tastes, maybe I'm the jerk here. But is anyone a fan enough to be excited about an Aerosmith pinball? Maybe I'm misjudging. Metallica and ACDC fans aren't hard to find here, we know that.

And here's where I probably eat my words:

"According to Activision-Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith has made more money for the band than any sales of their previous albums."

So who the hell knows. I just know I find the theme bland and unappealing.

#132 8 years ago

Well, if they came out with a Draw The Line LE it could come with razor blades and straws in the goody bag and a scratchproof playfield glass.

#133 8 years ago

Where is everybody getting the week of the 21st as to when Stern is announcing there next release? Just past history or any truth?

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"According to Activision-Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith has made more money for the band than any sales of their previous albums."

Probably more a comment on the quality of their previous albums, than the success of a game based around the band.

Could this be a Gary Stern "captains call"?

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Probably more a comment on the quality of their previous albums, than the success of a game based around the band.
Could this be a Gary Stern "captains call"?

Hahahaha the old "captain's call". Never to be spoken of again.

Yeah, I don't mind Aerosmith's hits, but have no interest in owning a pin featuring that band. Same as the Rolling Stones. When I think band pins, I think over the top and almost cartoony. AC/DC, Metallica, KISS, Rob Zombie....Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson (threw this in for me).

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

When I think band pins, I think over the top and almost cartoony. AC/DC, Metallica, KISS, Rob Zombie....Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson (threw this in for me).

It's not that they're cartoony, it's that they have a visual image that lends itself to the fantastic.

Aerosmith look like blues rockers who've been around for a long time, and went glam and pop the older they got. It's just not really a great image.

Rob Zombie is such a kick ass theme because it comes with so much rad imagery and stories. The game is going to be loaded with them.

#137 8 years ago

Aerosmith released three of the greatest rock albums ever in the 70s with no bad songs including this gem from Get Your Wings. But there is no use pretending it is happening now.

#138 8 years ago

A Sabbath pin could have Dio and Ozzy. Like AC/DC has Bon Scott and Brian Johnson. What about?

rhcplogo.jpgrhcplogo.jpg

#139 8 years ago

Can anyone see a Jimmy Buffett margaritaville theme? Fun music lots of different cool theme ideas and toys and covers a wide range of demographics with age.

The guy has licensed the brand on just about everything imaginable and his new resort opening in Orlando sometime in 2016, is planned to feature a large arcade.

I think this would be a great theme and would have to have one!

#140 8 years ago

If they did any research the would know Iron Maiden is huge worldwide. Great way to expand outside the USA and so many great options for Art, gimmicks, toys, songs and modes. Iron Maiden=No brainer. Nobody gives a shit about Jimi Hendrix or Aerosmith.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

If they did any research the would know Iron Maiden is huge worldwide. Great way to expand outside the USA and so many great options for Art, gimmicks, toys, songs and modes. Iron Maiden=No brainer. Nobody gives a shit about Jimi Hendrix or Aerosmith.

I give a shit about Hendrix and Aerosmith. I don't give a shit about Iron Maiden.
Everyone has their likes and dislikes. Stern will decide for us what we would like to have.

#142 8 years ago

I think Iron Maiden could be great just with all the Eddie toys and visuals that could be incorporated. Same goes for Floyd, anyone see a Flying Pig? Or Grateful Dead. Aerosmith has some good songs, but I agree, don't see how it would work as a good theme. Alice Cooper could also be fun. Oh well, just wait and see I guess.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I give a shit about Hendrix and Aerosmith. I don't give a shit about Iron Maiden.
Everyone has their likes and dislikes. Stern will decide for us what we would like to have.

Jimi doesn't even have 8 or 10 songs consider hits. His biggest hit was a cover song and I'd imagine you'd have to throw the anthem in there as well??

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

If they did any research the would know Iron Maiden is huge worldwide.

People have been pitching them Iron Maiden for years, they know all that.

Look at the brands Stern has been picking. Nothing but big names that anyone in the US could identify. Aerosmith will probably sell better than Iron Maiden, they're a safe brand that everyone knows. Ask the man in the street to name an Aerosmith song and then an Iron Maiden song.

Aerosmith is to me. Couldn't be less interested. But just get used to them picking mainstream themes. It's how we got WWE and Mustang and Kiss too.

#145 8 years ago

WP_20151126_13_14_15_Pro.jpgWP_20151126_13_14_15_Pro.jpgMaybe Joe Public cant name a Iron Maiden song but you show them a Picture of Eddie and they will know that pinball is badass! Iron Maiden 4Life!!

#146 8 years ago

Will the iron maiden pin have a floral cake on the game?

#147 8 years ago

We've only been hearing aboot how big a band Iron Maiden for like 5 years here. I don't hear anything aboot it anywhere else mind you.

No thanks on some cock-rock pin.

#148 8 years ago

If they would ever come out with a music theme that is more relevant to what has been happening in the last 10 or so years I might even be interested, but no thanks on bands I listened to as a teenager.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If they would ever come out with a music theme that is more relevant to what has been happening in the last 10 or so years I might even be interested, but no thanks on bands I listened to as a teenager.

Drake
Taylor Swift
Adele
One Direction
Justin Beiber

All the top 20 acts from the last 10 years would be great pinball themes.

/s

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Drake
Taylor Swift
Adele
One Direction
Justin Beiber
All the top 20 acts from the last 10 years would be great pinball themes.

Go back to the 80s and make a similar list and you will get your Michael Jackson pinball machine.

There are 314 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-did-i-miss-the-rumor-page-stern-whats-next/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.