• Latest reply 5 years ago by billycrna
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

368D365B-2A06-40CA-9F47-BB7BA96CDB69 (resized).jpeg
titanic (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

May sound weird, but I REALLY believe they are just unraveling this mess, and 100% committed to building games, nothing else. I think the bookkeeping that was inherited could have been an absolute nightmare. I'm not naive, and run a successful business that deals w far larger #'s than this, and can say first hand that if internal communication and resources are not square, things can take 10x longer than usual.
This is the precise reason I'm starting this thread. I'm very convinced there is massive confusion, pressure, and expectations....they have refunded in FULL some, and totally ignored others (apparently). This looks much more like disorganization within a newly formed company (that is what it is), than not being funded to make things happen quickly or efficiently at the moment.
Suspect, the beancounter that is going through this will state "ok, we've positively identified (x) person is owed money, and it gets paid. Can also envision this same person stating " no one spends money on a pencil , until I sort some of this shit out". No one can afford to just take peoples word on refund requests...they are going to need to sort it out to be certain.
They can be very legitimate, but if they are, they will also be very, very careful in over-committing, throwing $$$ around on verbals, etc. Prudence and due diligence takes time.
I am NOT defending them, but they inherited quite a mess, unfortunately, and must tread lightly moving forward...but they ARE moving forward, thankfully.
This list will give them one more piece of the puzzle (if everyone honest), and hopefully help them get sorted........

Good on you for giving them the benefit of the doubt. But to me it looks obvious, they simply don't have the money to refund as many people that requested them. They obviously budgeted for a certain amount of refunds and basically got more than they budgeted or could afford. So now they just want to get machines out the door to some people with the hope that this stems further refund request but importantly draws new money.

Not having a go at them for this as it seems it was the only chance of keeping the doors open. But to me that looks damn obvious as the reason there are still people outstanding with refund requests. I mean you don't "try" and refund someone you either do or you don't, it's binary. If you don't have the information to refund then surely you go back to the customer to see if they can assist you in verifying dates and payment amounts to help you track it down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-an-alien-refund-request-for-clarity-thread?tu=slash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.