• Latest reply 5 years ago by billycrna
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

368D365B-2A06-40CA-9F47-BB7BA96CDB69 (resized).jpeg
titanic (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenhornet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Andrew had grossly underestimated the actual cost of bringing a licensed, grail theme such as this to fruition

maybe he didn't know how much it was going to cost to rent a 40,000+ sq ft airplane hangar for a warehouse/factory either?

mark, appreciate your concern for the little guys who have deposits or paid in full monies still outstanding. but have you considered the handful of players who may very well be out in excess of 6 figures?

there are comments/evidence on this site that Andrew was apparently offering shares of his company from day one to anyone who would throw money at him. consequently, there are a few 'investors' out there who are 'owed' big money. add CT to the mix, and you have one more. do you care to speculate [as you love to do] as to whether CT 'all square' with new HP at this time? if it is true they were owed in excess of 6 figures at one point, do you believe that new HP just wrote them a check for that amount, or that new HP cut a deal with CT that over time they would give them a little bigger cut of each game they sold until they were paid back? like a facehugger and its host, I have to believe that a symbiotic relationship exists between CT and HP at this time. why do you think all the machines bought direct from HP suddenly went to/through CT after the takeover?

did you ever consider that the equity shares that andrew sold his investors in HP may hold them personally responsible for the companys liabilities and debt? could that possibly have anything to do with why they 'took over' the company rather than start over under a different name or even just walk away?

these gentlemen were simply wealthy pinheads who bought into somebody elses dream, as well as their own, of owning part of a pinball maker. they quite possibly added $$ to their interest a couple more times and, in the end, may have had little to no choice but to 'take over'. and still they continue to bleed money. ill be honest with you, as it stands right now, I was wrong. I believed these guys, given their backgrounds as successful businessmen, were going to swoop in with a boatload, pay everyone back quickly [as they indicated], reset and produce results.

I admit its ridiculous that a number of people don't have their money back at this point; that others are not receiving communication/support, and all the other negatives that have been going on since they took the reigns. at the same time, I do find it a bit odd that you feel compelled to play 'boy scout' thinking these guys do not know whos owed what and your going to send them some excel spreadsheet to bring them up to speed. these gentlemen are the ones out the big money and you are kind of berating them. you don't read/hear them crying about how much they are out of pocket. remember, without them... everybody would have gotten nothing.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Regardless, we're at $23.4k now. If I owed $6k on my LE, then building/ delivering 4 games, using the "Peter/ Paul" approach makes 8 people whole. A very reasonable #, I believe. Suspect the # will rise, but this should not be insurmountable, imho... get some more machines out there, and make these guys whole....

seriously?
you really know whats going on, dont you!

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Back on topic.....any more $$$?

why don't you ask the current principals and CT how much they are 'owed' and perhaps you can add $500,000 to your total.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I know them quite well.

you knew Andrew too.
you talked to him regularly.
he told you what you wanted to hear.
you reported back that this guy makes machines.
how did that work out?

new group telling you all the things you want to hear now as well?
reporting back that everything is going to be OK?
for everybodys sake, I hope you are right this time.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

The "six figure players"? who the f**k are they?

the gentlemen who currently own/run the company are probably all 6 figure players. Melissa may not tell you if she is/was one, but its has already been mentioned on pinside. you have never read the KFC kids posts have you? you have never seen any evidence of lawsuits due to broken leases have you? no naivety here my friend.

the info you were to garner from my post was..
you are ignoring the fact that there are people who are in pretty deep and their amounts likely dwarf any outstanding total owed for prepaid machines. the only people who stand between customers getting something vs nothing, and you chastise them by policing the smaller amounts they owe after they have been taken for a far greater ride.

while you may be well intentioned, it is difficult for me to believe they need this kind of help. you have alluded to having some degree of business acumen. by taking up this latest crusade, it isnt showing.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A good faith measure, my friend....I truly want my LE, but truly want to see those Pinsiders that are owed $$ made whole at the same time, as it would be the right thing for them to do. Simply offering a another avenue of communication , pure and simple.
If one refund gets processed due to my efforts, then I've been successful. Bringing light never hurts......I've had several reach out and thank me for at least taking this approach....what could it hurt? (I still know Andrew, btw)....

good response

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenhornet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-an-alien-refund-request-for-clarity-thread?tu=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.