• Latest reply 5 years ago by billycrna
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

368D365B-2A06-40CA-9F47-BB7BA96CDB69 (resized).jpeg
titanic (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Maybe this thread helps, maybe it doesn't. The latest Alien I've played in the wild is an amazing game. Everything I'd hoped for my grail theme.

As happy as I am for the new owners and the machine itself, I'm as equally unhappy with the posts regarding refund requests that have gone unaddressed. The purpose of this thread is to find out who is owed a refund, how much, and how long have you been waiting beyond broken promises. I'm not expecting complete truth here, but at least it can provide either the immensity, or the minority of cash on the table.

Games are being made and they are going out. If a refund has been given from whatever means (chargeback, paypal dispute, etc.) then you are not owed any money, but entitled to be forever ill w the company in regards to how your situation was handled.

I will be happy to pass on results found here on to Heighway, as this refund mess has to end. Not addressing poor customer service stories here....this is about money, pure and simple.

So the question: WHO IS OWED MONEY, AND HOW MUCH? PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR LEVEL OF COMMUNICATION W THE FACTORY. Be mad, but also be honest about the cash. I'm asking out of sincerity for fellow pinsiders....if there is 10k or 100k (hard to believe) I just want to see it here, so it can be gauged, put a time metric on it (starting today) and we can update as refunds are issued. I'll be happy to create a list here, for all to see.

This has to end for them to progress. Time for all to lay the truth card on the table, in order for us to understand the scope and (potentially) help. Thanks...mark

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I paid in 2015 for LE 2. Paid about 7800. Communications are almost non existent with Heighway.
Canceled in September 2017 as I lost money with Jpop and Skit b. I just cannot wait on it plus I hated FT and it's problems. I like Aliens but do not trust the company one bit. I would caution anyone against purchasing this.

Thank you for contributing. Respect your position, and now 1st on my communication list.

#7 6 years ago

Just added toads $1500 deposit to this list

Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:Do you have a direct line of communication with Heighway that the rest of us aren’t privy to? It seems that other than not getting a refund, the biggest complaint is it’s impossible to get ahold of Heighway. If you’ve got some secret contact info, give it up man.

No, just Morgan and Dan at this point. I DO have a long standing deposit on an LE, and made it clear that I would pay the balance in full immediately when my machine was ready to ship. Also told them ( repeatedly) that I was concerned that fellow pinsiders were still owed refunds and was very concerned about it.

Thinking they definitely will want all of the balances at some point when the games get built, that can be leveraged in a civil manner, at least on my end. i.e.- " anxious for my game as many are, but cant take delivery in good faith until I know x has been cleared, as they are fellow pinsiders and wouldn't feel right about it".

A viable approach, and if the monies owed are not astronomical, believe it would work " wash" in business sense.

Ive waited a long time and will continue, so I have one card to play....want the machine badly, and have $$$ to give them.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Paid $5500. Asking for refund for last 6 months. Sporadic communication. Pretty sketchy. Still willing to hang in there if they can get their shit together

Noted, thanks

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I got most of my money back via PayPal/credit card. I had paid in full as Andrew said my machine was ready to be mfg. Still have $1500 and a machine on hold from my initial deposit. Doubtful I will get this money back. Heighway is not returning my emails anymore. Lol. Honestly even if I get the machine at some point good luck getting parts and service. So unfortunate as the machine looks so cool.

So have you asked for the deposit refunded, or waiting ( like me)? Just trying to get a #$$$

#10 6 years ago

I've counted $14800 so far, w another possible $1500 to add as of now....

Will update as the posts show, when I can

#11 6 years ago

Im doing a thumbs up to everyone that is responding w info I can use. I know its sort of meaningless, but I do appreciate the truth on this. It will certainly give me a more realistic # as to what we are dealing with here.

If its not posted here, then it cant be considered. Legitimately want to see the total, and see how it is dealt with on their end.

To inherit any debt load and a non functioning company can take time to sort. Im hanging on, believing its ever so slowly turning right.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I would think many of the people still owed a refund might be in for $1-$2k because early deposits were put down so long ago. Those people have their chance to chime in this thread, don't be shy.
I'll bet if mk6pin had said he had a bag full of money from HP, declared this was considered the last call for refunds. If he asked who still wanted one and said you had to post in this thread to get it, there would be a more accurate read.
Thanks for starting the thread Mark, there is good value in asking this. Maybe most people are paid.

You are spot on, and thanks for the support!!!!! I want to call an actual # to this mess and approach that way. Hurt feelings don't count, ill will or agendas don't count, fan boys or haters don't count. Only TRUE ACTUAL $$$ with timeline and effort of engagement are relative.

Hell, my $6k or whatever, gets me a game and makes someone else whole. I know it's technically "robbing Peter to pay Paul" but in this case, both would win...I'd have a game, someone else gets there money, and Heighway keeps whatever margins to get the wheels running better.

Suspect they are doing a version of this, I'm just trying to identify the actual cash...nothing else.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Sandy1:

I was in for LE 89, paid just over £4000 because Andrew said it was nearly ready to be shipped. Asked for a refund about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I’ve been told I’ve got to wait 60 days but looking at everyone else I know it’s going to be a lot longer. Not interested in getting one at all now

noted, and wouldn't be so sure about the 60 days being too far off if games are being built.

As a help for me, could you convert to US $$$ easier for me to put a # up every so often.

Thanks for the input!!!!!

#18 6 years ago

Actual currency should be ok to provide if accompanied by when you paid it, imo. It would be an easy matter for op to look up.
What's nice is that the total meter is always running. Should mk6pin add total amount owed to the thread title to keep us updated

Yep...think it will help if someone verifies my math....looking at $20,100. So far

#19 6 years ago

Im hoping to delete as well, as we progress

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Just so it's official in this thread.
I'm owed the initial deposit of 1500.
This was paid on the day of the the announcement.
Thanks MK6PIN for your support.

Thanks Toads...I added your $1500.00 in at post #7 above.

I want my Alien, but I really am supporting everyone here just as much.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

I'm owed $2400. I asked for a refund on October 11th. I was told it could take "up to 60 days" for a refund in the form of a wire directly to my checking account. When I emailed back to ask why a direct wire would take so long, especially since they have had this money since january of this year, no response. I emailed again, no response. I called, no response. I'm beyond pissed at this point.

Thanks billycrna.....added to the list and my running total. If there's any trend I'm seeing....it seems early adopters (old money) that want a refund are in the $1500.00 group (except hank) so far. Timelines on the bigger chunks seem to be on shorter leashes.

Regardless, we're at $23.4k now. If I owed $6k on my LE, then building/ delivering 4 games, using the "Peter/ Paul" approach makes 8 people whole. A very reasonable #, I believe. Suspect the # will rise, but this should not be insurmountable, imho. The game rocks....lust get some more machines out there, and make these guys whole....

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

$1500 deposit for LE #444 from the beginning.
I've been asking for a refund since June. A half dozen emails to Morgan and I get "We're still working on it". Most emails including the last one just get ignored.
I do appreciate you thinking about us before you send in any more funds!

Dammit Mike..... ....at least I didn't change the # yet, $24.9k

#26 6 years ago

Think I'm going to generate a real basic spreadsheet at the office on monday, and forward with my e-mails to Morgan:

Pinsider name.................Amount owed.............Date requested

This should eliminate this piece of the "confusion" on their part.

Even if the #$ doubles, it would only take 10 machines to end this. Lets hope they are busy doing just that.......news of another container coming stateside will go a long way, imho.

I'm very grateful the machine is as good as it is, otherwise, a different tale, for sure.....

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

How about each time you count someone you add it as part of a running list in the first post? Makes it easy to keep track, just do Amount Owed, Username, Approximate Date Refund Requested

I can add the names if you'd like.....you'll note the total nut is changing as posts are received (when I see them). If we can shelve the anger, and keep this about the cash, I believe we will see the curve go up as people report...level off...then hopefully diminish.

I could add the names, then mark "fulfilled" when they report they get their refund (remember, this is just about cash). I'd be happy to do it.

Been waiting/ wanting this game as long as anyone here, I suspect. It only seems right that I try to help in getting those t.hat want out their $$$ back.

If they make their Christmas promise to me, and state the game is ready to ship, I'll definitely take it, but will expect this refund # to be much lower, or gone, by then.

Seems pretty straightforward to me, provided they build, work the bugs out of the games, and get them out. Sincerely believe this is their intent, or why would they have shipped anything, period? One right doesn't offset one wrong, sadly, but can say with complete honesty, after playing the machine, this is going to be one to have. Let's hope this can help facilitate the process (someone over there HAS to be watching Pinside, if only on occasion).

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

How can these guys expect to be taken as a legitimate company while being unable to refund $25,000? How can highway expect any new buyers to step forward when they refuse to refund those who are requesting it?

May sound weird, but I REALLY believe they are just unraveling this mess, and 100% committed to building games, nothing else. I think the bookkeeping that was inherited could have been an absolute nightmare. I'm not naive, and run a successful business that deals w far larger #'s than this, and can say first hand that if internal communication and resources are not square, things can take 10x longer than usual.

This is the precise reason I'm starting this thread. I'm very convinced there is massive confusion, pressure, and expectations....they have refunded in FULL some, and totally ignored others (apparently). This looks much more like disorganization within a newly formed company (that is what it is), than not being funded to make things happen quickly or efficiently at the moment.

Suspect, the beancounter that is going through this will state "ok, we've positively identified (x) person is owed money, and it gets paid. Can also envision this same person stating " no one spends money on a pencil , until I sort some of this shit out". No one can afford to just take peoples word on refund requests...they are going to need to sort it out to be certain.

They can be very legitimate, but if they are, they will also be very, very careful in over-committing, throwing $$$ around on verbals, etc. Prudence and due diligence takes time.

I am NOT defending them, but they inherited quite a mess, unfortunately, and must tread lightly moving forward...but they ARE moving forward, thankfully.

This list will give them one more piece of the puzzle (if everyone honest), and hopefully help them get sorted........

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

They also have to step up their Quality Control and address problems quicker.

Yep....lots and lots to get aligned...I'm grateful they are trying.....want the damn game

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes...I'm really looking forward to playing it again after everything is worked out.

I had the good (or bad) fortune of playing Kneissl's a couple weeks ago.....must have this one!!!!

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

Good on you for giving them the benefit of the doubt. But to me it looks obvious, they simply don't have the money to refund as many people that requested them. They obviously budgeted for a certain amount of refunds and basically got more than they budgeted or could afford. So now they just want to get machines out the door to some people with the hope that this stems further refund request but importantly draws new money.
Not having a go at them for this as it seems it was the only chance of keeping the doors open. But to me that looks damn obvious as the reason there are still people outstanding with refund requests. I mean you don't "try" and refund someone you either do or you don't, it's binary. If you don't have the information to refund then surely you go back to the customer to see if they can assist you in verifying dates and payment amounts to help you track it down.

Agreed w all your points....I think some of us "old money" never made it into "new" land, obviously, and am still not convinced they even know what is completely owed. Morgan certainly doesn't write the checks (idk who does), but maybe they stated...."x per month in refunds, x for overhead, x for production, etc.". Only explanation as to why some got the refunds so random, and some didn't.

Hell, even $100k isn't that big of a #, and doubt there's that much out there......

Giving them the break, as the machine is not the problem, it's the business side. They'll sell a shitpile of these things...just make the games, money rolls, problems over, healing begins.

I just want to put a # in their face when I speak w them.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Some progress on Facebook today.

Big Time!!!!!! I'm also getting some very promising pm activity, which I must keep offline for now....all signs looking very positive!!!!

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

2k deposit, I only asked for a refund maybe almost two weeks ago.
sent two emails to morgan with no replies.
so maybe I didn't ask for one yet? if they don't hear you, did you ask?

Oh, they hear you...given the influx in games going out, and short time that you requested, suspect this one will be quick. With due respect, many bail on preorders when ready to ship.
Its the old money that has to be washed with new, and much harder to verify, process. Your # has been added nonetheless . Given what has been revealed just this past 2 days, I officially have zero worry of getting mine, and them cleaning the old mess in short order.
They are going to sell many of these machines .....

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

MK6, you can add me to this list...
I sent HP $1500.00 deposit via paypal October 14th, 2016 ...
on September 17th of 2017 I decided to cancel my order, and requested a refund.
within 24 hours of that email HP responded and said they were sorry to see me go, but they understood and would put me on the list and begin processing my refund. but it could take up to 60 days to return my initial deposit.
It has now been 60 days, and refund as of yet. I did touch base with HP at the 30 day mark, and got a response to my email a few days later reiterating that my refund could take up to 60 days...
I have emailed them again today to check on its status.

Added...thanks for helping

#51 6 years ago
Quoted from bane:

They never refunded my money. Had to go through CC for refund.
(edited for typo)

Can't add your's unless you didn't get your $$$ back... it's between your CC company and Heighway now (unless I'm misreading)...banks know how to get money, for sure....

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Mark:
I wen ALL in for the LE. I'm owed $9107.39...many many many ignored emails.... broken promises of refund to you in 60 days....30 days... I'll PM you the email string. I haven't heard from Morgan in over 3 months now.

Ouch!!! added to the list....hoping this is all over soon

( Is this what LE's cost now?)...yikes

#53 6 years ago

Still less than MSRP on (5x) LE's.....surely the end is near.......

#56 6 years ago

Based on @CheapTrick33's report, I restate the obvious.....these LE's will have to be shown, built, and shipped in short order to avoid more refund requests.....the coffers have to be filling, given the amount of Standards out the door...surely they can cut this # at least in half immediately, and get some LEs to early adopters by Christmas...

They are making games and building bank in their short, 6 month or so ownership. Time to drive a nail in some of this old stuff...

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Are they? It's not as though they don't have to still meet payroll every week, pay lease, utilities, insurance, taxes, etc. Money is definitely coming in, which is a good thing; however, money is also going out. The real question is how much money is actually going into the coffers...money that can be used for refunds?

We can hope they still have margin...they must have a plan, or no reason to build game 1...which btw is far, far more than some of the other " basement" projects compared to.

We dont have to like it, but another company was rumored to shut down many, many times, tough inital game rollouts, etc. We see how that is turning out. Landmark machines...hoping for the same here...

NOT sticking up for them....just stating the obvious

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Exactly how many standards have been sold and delivered. I thought it was still a very small number...

There have been substantially more than that which have been paid for and delivered...

Truly not being a jerk at all, but I respect information that is shared confidentially via pm or other means. Believe we all do. Choose to believe it or not, but I NEVER share anything publicly, if a person asks not to. Period.

Im only bringing this up in an attempt to convey that these games are going out, LE's are going to ship...all very soon.

Truly believe the refunds are going to be sorted, and I, too, want a solid confirmation of such before I receive my LE ( hence the reasoning behind this thread).

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Name another pinball company that publicly announces production or shipping numbers.....

Ummm...NOBODY!!!

Almost derailed my own thread...WHO IS OWED $$$, HOW MUCH/ WHEN DID YOU ASK FOR IT? THATS ALL THIS THREAD IS FOR

Trying to help everyone that is owed $$$ have a reference on how things are moving...thats it

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Very true. But back in the olden’ days Bally/Williams did I believe.

Only gotta go back a few years....difference is we cant circle the parking lots across the pond

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Why don't you guys lawyer up and put a class action lawsuit out there? This is absolutely criminal; I can't believe anyone new is buying a pin from these crooks given these circumstances.
The people with money down on preorders, I feel for you; sucks.

Far from criminal, and for $40k...let's hallucinate...$80k? They've had the reigns for 5 months? Waiting does suck, btw......I played one....it will be worth the wait for me....

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from jbhc:

A visual representation of this thread:

Nothing wrong with the intent of the thread....some sad, but useful info, that will hopefully help those wanting refunds get them....

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from O-from-DO:

I am in with 1.500,00 Euros for LE #055 via RS-Pinball since early 2017 when I played the prototype. Didn´t ask for my refund yet and still believe in Stefan, who promised that HP will start with the LE-production in December or at least present the three different LE-looks including the final feature-sheet. I think I will ask for my refund on January 2nd 2018 if nothing happened til then.

I was told Christmas delivery target, but no exact date. Suspect I will ride to the end, either way.....highly suspect the 3 LE's w armor choices will be revealed very, very shortly, then reachouts to customers will begin for their choice of build.

Authorized airfreight direct on mine, as I want minimal handling......when they reach out, I promise i'll share this outstanding refund # w names and dates, as it will give them incentive and exact knowledge on who is waiting on what.

#85 6 years ago

Dealing w thanksgiving now, but will contact again Monday.....requesting everyone be honest, and if you've gotten a refund ( from the pinsiders who posted above) by Monday, pleasr lmk..thanks

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I agree but it's probably left a pretty bad taste in his mouth at this point. He put A LOT of time in on this one...should have been 1st in line for a game.

Aurich is a great guy..from where I sat through most of this..he received the most grief/ personal attacks, etc. from people (person) way outside of Heighway (none of which he deserved, btw.)

Took alot of shit and could only divert so long.......

Suspect healing will occur in Alien Land, and look forward to his take on the final product...mark

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm closing in on my 3rd year of being involved in this game in one fashion or another. I've had to eat a lot of shit over that time, internally and externally, and it's hard to not taste it when I see the game. Sucks a bit of the excitement out of the finished product for me.
I've tried to be a positive force, but I'm out of juice in that department, I can't carry that torch any more.
You should see Joe and David in our Alien Slack channels right now, they're improving things left and right. If the damn things can just get out the door on a regular basis I have no doubt people will be happy with the state of things.
Good intentions don't ship product though, show and prove.

Yep....over 3 years for me, as an early adopter only.........I'm more hopeful than ever that this journey is almost over..too lazy and uninspired to change my Avatar anyway.... .....weary of this, for sure...

Side note - how long did it take JJP to go from the earliest preorder $$$ to shipping the first bug plagued WOZ? I only ask as they have obviously turned it around in a nice way.....would like to have that model to compare to. I got an early ECLE, but not one of the preorders...paid a premium for mine...

Was the wait on this magnitude? Better/ worse? Can absolutely say there were a solid 6 months of work on the game after the first batches went out before the problems (big ones) were solved. To their credit, customer service was stellar (still is). Just curious about the timeline comparison, if anyone hear knows....

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from wizzard:

Side note: I ordered within the first days...it took 2 years, 9 months and 21 days (air-shipped). US-customers received WOZ perhaps a month earlier.

And was yours one of the 5v systems? Thanks for the info!!!! Great barometer...

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Bear in mind that WOZ was JJP's very first machine as a startup company. Alien is Heighway's third machine after the Bacardi game and Full Throttle.

Correct, and also what i believe caused a good chunk of the cash dump. I personally thought (and posted in the Alien thread a long time back) Andrew had grossly underestimated the actual cost of bringing a licensed, grail theme such as this to fruition.....much different (and more expensive) than his previous 2 efforts.

They had a contract for Bacardi, and pretty generic. Full Throttle was unlicensed, and suspect cost from concept to production was exponentially lower than a huge, licence theme such as Alien.

Even though they had made 2 previous machines, they certainly weren't mature enough as a company to deal with what happened. We were very fortunate that there were (are) people of caliber that recognized the potential, and have stayed the course, along with investing unknown amounts of capital to get these built.

The game itself is truly amazing, and they are finally starting to get them out (in larger #'s than what might be thought here). Quite sure there is a model in place to right the ship...we just may not like, or agree with it.

To explain my "side note" question - I'm quite convinced that JJP lost their ass on early WOZ, but did everything they could to get it right, pissed alot of people off, but knew they had a winner. This proved to be the correct move (as far as we know). There are parallels here.....things could be better, but could also be alot worse...

Back on topic.....any more $$$?

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

maybe he didn't know how much it was going to cost to rent a 40,000+ sq ft airplane hangar for a warehouse/factory either?
mark, appreciate your concern for the little guys who have deposits or paid in full monies still outstanding. but have you considered the handful of players who may very well be out in excess of 6 figures?
there are comments/evidence on this site that Andrew was apparently offering shares of his company from day one to anyone who would throw money at him. consequently, there are a few 'investors' out there who are 'owed' big money. add CT to the mix, and you have one more. do you care to speculate [as you love to do] as to whether CT 'all square' with new HP at this time? if it is true they were owed in excess of 6 figures at one point, do you believe that new HP just wrote them a check for that amount, or that new HP cut a deal with CT that over time they would give them a little bigger cut of each game they sold until they were paid back? like a facehugger and its host, I have to believe that a symbiotic relationship exists between CT and HP at this time. why do you think all the machines bought direct from HP suddenly went to/through CT after the takeover?
did you ever consider that the equity shares that andrew sold his investors in HP may hold them personally responsible for the companys liabilities and debt? could that possibly have anything to do with why they 'took over' the company rather than start over under a different name or even just walk away?
these gentlemen were simply wealthy pinheads who bought into somebody elses dream, as well as their own, of owning part of a pinball maker. they quite possibly added $$ to their interest a couple more times and, in the end, may have had little to no choice but to 'take over'. and still they continue to bleed money. ill be honest with you, as it stands right now, I was wrong. I believed these guys, given their backgrounds as successful businessmen, were going to swoop in with a boatload, pay everyone back quickly [as they indicated], reset and produce results.
I admit its ridiculous that a number of people don't have their money back at this point; that others are not receiving communication/support, and all the other negatives that have been going on since they took the reigns. at the same time, I do find it a bit odd that you feel compelled to play 'boy scout' thinking these guys do not know whos owed what and your going to send them some excel spreadsheet to bring them up to speed. these gentlemen are the ones out the big money and you are kind of berating them. you don't read/hear them crying about how much they are out of pocket. remember, without them... everybody would have gotten nothing.

seriously?
you really know whats going on, dont you!

why don't you ask the current principals and CT how much they are 'owed' and perhaps you can add $500,000 to your total.

Ha...good to see you back at me again....I'm no boyscout, and simply putting a $$$ to the Pinsiders wanting refunds...Ask CT? You're comments are much more naive than originally thought. I'd call Melissa or Chris anytime I like, but that's none of my business. I know them quite well. The "six figure players"? who the f**k are they? I'm sure we'd all like to know.

So is it the poor lighting, badly engineered flipper, or the insurmountable amount of cash that dooms them? What is your actual agenda in regard to your information provided to us? I'm quite tired of you attempting to "school" me (all of us, actually).

Certainly wasn't your "big mystery" of a game you can't even admit to ever playing. This thread was started to put an actual $$$ tied to Pinsiders who were still out cash...that's it . I'll be happy to give the list to Morgan and Dan (some of it has already made it to their FB page). Simply being a positive voice for the Pinsiders that are owed $$$, or still want the game. "Positive voice" look it up sometime....

If you are owed $$$ post it here. Otherwise, your input has zero value here, happy holidays.......

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

you knew Andrew too.
you talked to him regularly.
he told you what you wanted to hear.
you reported back that this guy makes machines.
how did that work out?
new group telling you all the things you want to hear now as well?
reporting back that everything is going to be OK?
for everybodys sake, I hope you are right this time.

the gentlemen who currently own/run the company are probably all 6 figure players. Melissa may not tell you if she is/was one, but its has already been mentioned on pinside. you have never read the KFC kids posts have you? you have never seen any evidence of lawsuits due to broken leases have you? no naivety here my friend.
the info you were to garner from my post was..
you are ignoring the fact that there are people who are in pretty deep and their amounts likely dwarf any outstanding total owed for prepaid machines. the only people who stand between customers getting something vs nothing, and you chastise them by policing the smaller amounts they owe after they have been taken for a far greater ride.
while you may be well intentioned, it is difficult for me to believe they need this kind of help. you have alluded to having some degree of business acumen. by taking up this latest crusade, it isnt showing.

A good faith measure, my friend....I truly want my LE, but truly want to see those Pinsiders that are owed $$ made whole at the same time, as it would be the right thing for them to do. Simply offering another avenue of communication , pure and simple.

If one refund gets processed due to my efforts, then I've been successful. Bringing light never hurts......I've had several reach out and thank me for at least taking this approach....what could it hurt? (I still know Andrew, btw)....

#104 6 years ago

Of course I'm drinking.... ....corrected my spelling...just spent 10 hours making a generations old lasagna recipe for Thanksgiving....annual tradition around my place.....time to relax and engage on Pinside.....

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

for everybodys sake, I hope you are right this time

pulled my downvote....I do hope I'm right this time, and the info is good...for the sake of all involved......

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

I have $2,400 deposit with Heighway. I've asked for a refund, but haven't received a response. That being said, I haven't pursued a refund aggressively.

Added...can you post when you requested? Thanks....

#109 6 years ago

In lieu of post #18706 in the main Alien thread (I received the same e-mail this morning), I'm going to close this one down. This e-mail is quite refreshing, and they are obviously aware of the challenges, have a plan (whether we like it or not) on how games/ refunds will go out, and aren't going to pay much mind to social media, providing updates as they see fit to the customers.

I appreciate them being as honest as possible, and no point in beating a dead horse. This does seem to show their intent in making everyone whole, and not abandoning early adopters. I wish them speedy resolution, in for the remaining haul (however long that might be), but see no point in discussing or attempting to clarify the now very, very obvious. More convinced than ever that games/customer support/ refunds/ etc. will be handled, but on THEIR timeline. Is what it is.......

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

What about that email would make you want to close this? The plan is vague, wouldn't it be best to have this thread to track the execution of their plan?

After much thought....you are right. Even if I closed it, someone else could open an identical one. Hopefully, this contains the fires a bit, and allows us a way to track. Request to mods retracted, thread remains open...

1 week later
#114 6 years ago

Ok...almost 2 weeks since last post. Any activity one way or the other? Morgan has stated they will be reaching out w update by end of the week....

#116 6 years ago

As in tomorrow, I believe....

#119 6 years ago

Two weeks and still awaiting parts. Emails sent with no return communication. Not as long as some have been waiting but I thought HP had turned a corner and were actively supporting their games. So davidus56 never provided his info regarding the $15k he paid for 2 pins?

Yea, not sure where he is with that. Morgan said they would post this week (which I took to mean by today) to all of the LE early adopters, as well as general update on where they were.

Surely progress is being made......I haven't named names, but have conveyed there was around 40k sitting in refunds from pinsiders, and I believed time was hear to start getting these items addressed, now that there is games flowing.

I wonder how many the distros have committed to, and how much cash is really being seen? Hoping a fair amount.

Certainly going to take more time....I've given up on the Christmas delivery (obviously).

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm keeping a good thought for you and the others. Nothing wrong with a late Christmas.

Thanks....it will happen....eventually....late Christmas presents are always best...

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Youll probably see a few refunds and repairs after this latest shipment arrives and the cash is transfered.

Counting on that.....they are moving the right way....for that I'm grateful...for everyone involved.

1 week later
#125 6 years ago

Sent another e-mail for update tonight. All I've seen for an update is a Blue armored LE on FB, and David posted some amplifier settings....

2 weeks later
#126 6 years ago

Well....17 days later....anyone have anything to report? I don't have my LE (obviously) and haven't gotten any response to the refunds except "it would all be cleared by first quarter". Just curious....thanks

3 weeks later
#136 6 years ago

I can only bump as well, as my communication is getting sparse....

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And BTW. I don't think you and my friend Mark are suckers. I think you're good guys, optimistic and stuck in a difficult situation, trying to do the best you can.
Heighway Pinball is treating you guys like shit and things look dicey, but I hoping the best for all.
Kim

Thanks for the healthy input Kim. Jeff and I (along with others) are trying to make the best out of a bad situation. I started this thread with a sincere hope it would give us a $$$ to identify, and give those owed a place to vent (trying to keep it in here).

Obviously hasn't accomplished much of anything to this point, but a reasonable place to voice the frustration, along with, hopefully, some better news in some form. Until some solid communication/ resolution is established, it will be hard to get away from the negative theme (as it should be, sadly) . We are all watching.....

1 week later
#150 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Updates? Surely this number has increased or decreased by now.

My thoughts exactly.....but I have had zero PM's one way or the other, and have heard nothing from Morgan in quite some time. Read some article copy in the other thread stating their resolve to early adopters and refunds, but nothing that has been conveyed to me. Please post either way with any $$$ updates ....thanks...mark

1 week later
#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Sandy1:

I went to wales and picked up my LE about 4 weeks ago, I paid the rest of the money I owed in cash because no way was I sending more money. I gave up trying to get a refund so at least I didn’t lose my money

Congrats!!!!

1 week later
#169 6 years ago

So just added pinzilla who is owed $1500 for around a year.....Has anyone received a refund?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-an-alien-refund-request-for-clarity-thread?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.