• Latest reply 5 years ago by billycrna
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

368D365B-2A06-40CA-9F47-BB7BA96CDB69 (resized).jpeg
titanic (resized).jpg
There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 6 years ago

Maybe this thread helps, maybe it doesn't. The latest Alien I've played in the wild is an amazing game. Everything I'd hoped for my grail theme.

As happy as I am for the new owners and the machine itself, I'm as equally unhappy with the posts regarding refund requests that have gone unaddressed. The purpose of this thread is to find out who is owed a refund, how much, and how long have you been waiting beyond broken promises. I'm not expecting complete truth here, but at least it can provide either the immensity, or the minority of cash on the table.

Games are being made and they are going out. If a refund has been given from whatever means (chargeback, paypal dispute, etc.) then you are not owed any money, but entitled to be forever ill w the company in regards to how your situation was handled.

I will be happy to pass on results found here on to Heighway, as this refund mess has to end. Not addressing poor customer service stories here....this is about money, pure and simple.

So the question: WHO IS OWED MONEY, AND HOW MUCH? PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR LEVEL OF COMMUNICATION W THE FACTORY. Be mad, but also be honest about the cash. I'm asking out of sincerity for fellow pinsiders....if there is 10k or 100k (hard to believe) I just want to see it here, so it can be gauged, put a time metric on it (starting today) and we can update as refunds are issued. I'll be happy to create a list here, for all to see.

This has to end for them to progress. Time for all to lay the truth card on the table, in order for us to understand the scope and (potentially) help. Thanks...mark

#2 6 years ago

I paid in 2015 for LE 2. Paid about 7800. Communications are almost non existent with Heighway.

Canceled in September 2017 as I lost money with Jpop and Skit b. I just cannot wait on it plus I hated FT and it's problems. I like Aliens but do not trust the company one bit. I would caution anyone against purchasing this.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I paid in 2015 for LE 2. Paid about 7800. Communications are almost non existent with Heighway.
Canceled in September 2017 as I lost money with Jpop and Skit b. I just cannot wait on it plus I hated FT and it's problems. I like Aliens but do not trust the company one bit. I would caution anyone against purchasing this.

Thank you for contributing. Respect your position, and now 1st on my communication list.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I will be happy to pass on results found here on to Heighway

Do you have a direct line of communication with Heighway that the rest of us aren’t privy to? It seems that other than not getting a refund, the biggest complaint is it’s impossible to get ahold of Heighway. If you’ve got some secret contact info, give it up man.

#5 6 years ago

I got most of my money back via PayPal/credit card. I had paid in full as Andrew said my machine was ready to be mfg. Still have $1500 and a machine on hold from my initial deposit. Doubtful I will get this money back. Heighway is not returning my emails anymore. Lol. Honestly even if I get the machine at some point good luck getting parts and service. So unfortunate as the machine looks so cool.

#6 6 years ago

Paid $5500. Asking for refund for last 6 months. Sporadic communication. Pretty sketchy. Still willing to hang in there if they can get their shit together

#7 6 years ago

Just added toads $1500 deposit to this list

Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:Do you have a direct line of communication with Heighway that the rest of us aren’t privy to? It seems that other than not getting a refund, the biggest complaint is it’s impossible to get ahold of Heighway. If you’ve got some secret contact info, give it up man.

No, just Morgan and Dan at this point. I DO have a long standing deposit on an LE, and made it clear that I would pay the balance in full immediately when my machine was ready to ship. Also told them ( repeatedly) that I was concerned that fellow pinsiders were still owed refunds and was very concerned about it.

Thinking they definitely will want all of the balances at some point when the games get built, that can be leveraged in a civil manner, at least on my end. i.e.- " anxious for my game as many are, but cant take delivery in good faith until I know x has been cleared, as they are fellow pinsiders and wouldn't feel right about it".

A viable approach, and if the monies owed are not astronomical, believe it would work " wash" in business sense.

Ive waited a long time and will continue, so I have one card to play....want the machine badly, and have $$$ to give them.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Paid $5500. Asking for refund for last 6 months. Sporadic communication. Pretty sketchy. Still willing to hang in there if they can get their shit together

Noted, thanks

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I got most of my money back via PayPal/credit card. I had paid in full as Andrew said my machine was ready to be mfg. Still have $1500 and a machine on hold from my initial deposit. Doubtful I will get this money back. Heighway is not returning my emails anymore. Lol. Honestly even if I get the machine at some point good luck getting parts and service. So unfortunate as the machine looks so cool.

So have you asked for the deposit refunded, or waiting ( like me)? Just trying to get a #$$$

#10 6 years ago

I've counted $14800 so far, w another possible $1500 to add as of now....

Will update as the posts show, when I can

#11 6 years ago

Im doing a thumbs up to everyone that is responding w info I can use. I know its sort of meaningless, but I do appreciate the truth on this. It will certainly give me a more realistic # as to what we are dealing with here.

If its not posted here, then it cant be considered. Legitimately want to see the total, and see how it is dealt with on their end.

To inherit any debt load and a non functioning company can take time to sort. Im hanging on, believing its ever so slowly turning right.

#12 6 years ago

I would think many of the people still owed a refund might be in for $1-$2k because early deposits were put down so long ago. Those people have their chance to chime in this thread, don't be shy.

I'll bet if MK6PIN had said he had a bag full of money from HP, declared this was considered the last call for refunds. If he asked who still wanted one and said you had to post in this thread to get it, there would be a more accurate read.

Thanks for starting the thread Mark, there is good value in asking this. Maybe most people are paid.

#13 6 years ago

I was in for LE 89, paid just over £4000 because Andrew said it was nearly ready to be shipped. Asked for a refund about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I’ve been told I’ve got to wait 60 days but looking at everyone else I know it’s going to be a lot longer. Not interested in getting one at all now

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I would think many of the people still owed a refund might be in for $1-$2k because early deposits were put down so long ago. Those people have their chance to chime in this thread, don't be shy.
I'll bet if mk6pin had said he had a bag full of money from HP, declared this was considered the last call for refunds. If he asked who still wanted one and said you had to post in this thread to get it, there would be a more accurate read.
Thanks for starting the thread Mark, there is good value in asking this. Maybe most people are paid.

You are spot on, and thanks for the support!!!!! I want to call an actual # to this mess and approach that way. Hurt feelings don't count, ill will or agendas don't count, fan boys or haters don't count. Only TRUE ACTUAL $$$ with timeline and effort of engagement are relative.

Hell, my $6k or whatever, gets me a game and makes someone else whole. I know it's technically "robbing Peter to pay Paul" but in this case, both would win...I'd have a game, someone else gets there money, and Heighway keeps whatever margins to get the wheels running better.

Suspect they are doing a version of this, I'm just trying to identify the actual cash...nothing else.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Sandy1:

I was in for LE 89, paid just over £4000 because Andrew said it was nearly ready to be shipped. Asked for a refund about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I’ve been told I’ve got to wait 60 days but looking at everyone else I know it’s going to be a lot longer. Not interested in getting one at all now

noted, and wouldn't be so sure about the 60 days being too far off if games are being built.

As a help for me, could you convert to US $$$ easier for me to put a # up every so often.

Thanks for the input!!!!!

#16 6 years ago

Sure, I worked it out around $5267

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

noted, and wouldn't be so sure about the 60 days being too far off if games are being built.
As a help for me, could you convert to US $$$ easier for me to put a # up every so often.
Thanks for the input!!!!!

Actual currency should be ok to provide if accompanied by when you paid it, imo. It would be an easy matter for op to look up.

What's nice is that the total meter is always running. Should MK6PIN add total amount owed to the thread title to keep us updated

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Actual currency should be ok to provide if accompanied by when you paid it, imo. It would be an easy matter for op to look up.
What's nice is that the total meter is always running. Should mk6pin add total amount owed to the thread title to keep us updated

Yep...think it will help if someone verifies my math....looking at $20,100. So far

#19 6 years ago

Im hoping to delete as well, as we progress

#20 6 years ago

Just so it's official in this thread.
I'm owed the initial deposit of 1500.
This was paid on the day of the the announcement.
Thanks MK6PIN for your support.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Just so it's official in this thread.
I'm owed the initial deposit of 1500.
This was paid on the day of the the announcement.
Thanks MK6PIN for your support.

Thanks Toads...I added your $1500.00 in at post #7 above.

I want my Alien, but I really am supporting everyone here just as much.

#22 6 years ago

I'm owed $2400. I asked for a refund on October 11th. I was told it could take "up to 60 days" for a refund in the form of a wire directly to my checking account. When I emailed back to ask why a direct wire would take so long, especially since they have had this money since january of this year, no response. I emailed again, no response. I called, no response. I'm beyond pissed at this point.

#23 6 years ago

$1500 deposit for LE #444 from the beginning.

I've been asking for a refund since June. A half dozen emails to Morgan and I get "We're still working on it". Most emails including the last one just get ignored.

I do appreciate you thinking about us before you send in any more funds!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

I'm owed $2400. I asked for a refund on October 11th. I was told it could take "up to 60 days" for a refund in the form of a wire directly to my checking account. When I emailed back to ask why a direct wire would take so long, especially since they have had this money since january of this year, no response. I emailed again, no response. I called, no response. I'm beyond pissed at this point.

Thanks billycrna.....added to the list and my running total. If there's any trend I'm seeing....it seems early adopters (old money) that want a refund are in the $1500.00 group (except hank) so far. Timelines on the bigger chunks seem to be on shorter leashes.

Regardless, we're at $23.4k now. If I owed $6k on my LE, then building/ delivering 4 games, using the "Peter/ Paul" approach makes 8 people whole. A very reasonable #, I believe. Suspect the # will rise, but this should not be insurmountable, imho. The game rocks....lust get some more machines out there, and make these guys whole....

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

$1500 deposit for LE #444 from the beginning.
I've been asking for a refund since June. A half dozen emails to Morgan and I get "We're still working on it". Most emails including the last one just get ignored.
I do appreciate you thinking about us before you send in any more funds!

Dammit Mike..... ....at least I didn't change the # yet, $24.9k

#26 6 years ago

Think I'm going to generate a real basic spreadsheet at the office on monday, and forward with my e-mails to Morgan:

Pinsider name.................Amount owed.............Date requested

This should eliminate this piece of the "confusion" on their part.

Even if the #$ doubles, it would only take 10 machines to end this. Lets hope they are busy doing just that.......news of another container coming stateside will go a long way, imho.

I'm very grateful the machine is as good as it is, otherwise, a different tale, for sure.....

#27 6 years ago

How about each time you count someone you add it as part of a running list in the first post? Makes it easy to keep track, just do Amount Owed, Username, Approximate Date Refund Requested

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

How about each time you count someone you add it as part of a running list in the first post? Makes it easy to keep track, just do Amount Owed, Username, Approximate Date Refund Requested

I can add the names if you'd like.....you'll note the total nut is changing as posts are received (when I see them). If we can shelve the anger, and keep this about the cash, I believe we will see the curve go up as people report...level off...then hopefully diminish.

I could add the names, then mark "fulfilled" when they report they get their refund (remember, this is just about cash). I'd be happy to do it.

Been waiting/ wanting this game as long as anyone here, I suspect. It only seems right that I try to help in getting those t.hat want out their $$$ back.

If they make their Christmas promise to me, and state the game is ready to ship, I'll definitely take it, but will expect this refund # to be much lower, or gone, by then.

Seems pretty straightforward to me, provided they build, work the bugs out of the games, and get them out. Sincerely believe this is their intent, or why would they have shipped anything, period? One right doesn't offset one wrong, sadly, but can say with complete honesty, after playing the machine, this is going to be one to have. Let's hope this can help facilitate the process (someone over there HAS to be watching Pinside, if only on occasion).

#29 6 years ago

Good thread idea. Hope it gets some people taken care of.

#30 6 years ago

How can these guys expect to be taken as a legitimate company while being unable to refund $25,000? How can highway expect any new buyers to step forward when they refuse to refund those who are requesting it?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

How can these guys expect to be taken as a legitimate company while being unable to refund $25,000? How can highway expect any new buyers to step forward when they refuse to refund those who are requesting it?

They also have to step up their Quality Control and address problems quicker.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

May sound weird, but I REALLY believe they are just unraveling this mess, and 100% committed to building games, nothing else. I think the bookkeeping that was inherited could have been an absolute nightmare. I'm not naive, and run a successful business that deals w far larger #'s than this, and can say first hand that if internal communication and resources are not square, things can take 10x longer than usual.

This is the precise reason I'm starting this thread. I'm very convinced there is massive confusion, pressure, and expectations....they have refunded in FULL some, and totally ignored others (apparently). This looks much more like disorganization within a newly formed company (that is what it is), than not being funded to make things happen quickly or efficiently at the moment.

Suspect, the beancounter that is going through this will state "ok, we've positively identified (x) person is owed money, and it gets paid. Can also envision this same person stating " no one spends money on a pencil , until I sort some of this shit out". No one can afford to just take peoples word on refund requests...they are going to need to sort it out to be certain.

They can be very legitimate, but if they are, they will also be very, very careful in over-committing, throwing $$$ around on verbals, etc. Prudence and due diligence takes time.

I am NOT defending them, but they inherited quite a mess, unfortunately, and must tread lightly moving forward...but they ARE moving forward, thankfully.

This list will give them one more piece of the puzzle (if everyone honest), and hopefully help them get sorted........

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

They also have to step up their Quality Control and address problems quicker.

Yep....lots and lots to get aligned...I'm grateful they are trying.....want the damn game

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yep....lots and lots to get aligned...I'm grateful they are trying.....want the damn game

Yes...I'm really looking forward to playing it again after everything is worked out.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes...I'm really looking forward to playing it again after everything is worked out.

I had the good (or bad) fortune of playing Kneissl's a couple weeks ago.....must have this one!!!!

#36 6 years ago

Maybe we'll have a few to choose from at Allentown....

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

May sound weird, but I REALLY believe they are just unraveling this mess, and 100% committed to building games, nothing else. I think the bookkeeping that was inherited could have been an absolute nightmare. I'm not naive, and run a successful business that deals w far larger #'s than this, and can say first hand that if internal communication and resources are not square, things can take 10x longer than usual.
This is the precise reason I'm starting this thread. I'm very convinced there is massive confusion, pressure, and expectations....they have refunded in FULL some, and totally ignored others (apparently). This looks much more like disorganization within a newly formed company (that is what it is), than not being funded to make things happen quickly or efficiently at the moment.
Suspect, the beancounter that is going through this will state "ok, we've positively identified (x) person is owed money, and it gets paid. Can also envision this same person stating " no one spends money on a pencil , until I sort some of this shit out". No one can afford to just take peoples word on refund requests...they are going to need to sort it out to be certain.
They can be very legitimate, but if they are, they will also be very, very careful in over-committing, throwing $$$ around on verbals, etc. Prudence and due diligence takes time.
I am NOT defending them, but they inherited quite a mess, unfortunately, and must tread lightly moving forward...but they ARE moving forward, thankfully.
This list will give them one more piece of the puzzle (if everyone honest), and hopefully help them get sorted........

Good on you for giving them the benefit of the doubt. But to me it looks obvious, they simply don't have the money to refund as many people that requested them. They obviously budgeted for a certain amount of refunds and basically got more than they budgeted or could afford. So now they just want to get machines out the door to some people with the hope that this stems further refund request but importantly draws new money.

Not having a go at them for this as it seems it was the only chance of keeping the doors open. But to me that looks damn obvious as the reason there are still people outstanding with refund requests. I mean you don't "try" and refund someone you either do or you don't, it's binary. If you don't have the information to refund then surely you go back to the customer to see if they can assist you in verifying dates and payment amounts to help you track it down.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

Good on you for giving them the benefit of the doubt. But to me it looks obvious, they simply don't have the money to refund as many people that requested them. They obviously budgeted for a certain amount of refunds and basically got more than they budgeted or could afford. So now they just want to get machines out the door to some people with the hope that this stems further refund request but importantly draws new money.
Not having a go at them for this as it seems it was the only chance of keeping the doors open. But to me that looks damn obvious as the reason there are still people outstanding with refund requests. I mean you don't "try" and refund someone you either do or you don't, it's binary. If you don't have the information to refund then surely you go back to the customer to see if they can assist you in verifying dates and payment amounts to help you track it down.

Agreed w all your points....I think some of us "old money" never made it into "new" land, obviously, and am still not convinced they even know what is completely owed. Morgan certainly doesn't write the checks (idk who does), but maybe they stated...."x per month in refunds, x for overhead, x for production, etc.". Only explanation as to why some got the refunds so random, and some didn't.

Hell, even $100k isn't that big of a #, and doubt there's that much out there......

Giving them the break, as the machine is not the problem, it's the business side. They'll sell a shitpile of these things...just make the games, money rolls, problems over, healing begins.

I just want to put a # in their face when I speak w them.

#39 6 years ago

Some progress on Facebook today.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Some progress on Facebook today.

Big Time!!!!!! I'm also getting some very promising pm activity, which I must keep offline for now....all signs looking very positive!!!!

#41 6 years ago

Good. I need my money back

#42 6 years ago

Companies as large as stern , needed investor bailout, JJP needed the same , buying from a low production, undercapitaized pinball company is like buying penny stocks, huge gamble. It’s a hobby, fun, hope it works.

#43 6 years ago

2k deposit, I only asked for a refund maybe almost two weeks ago.
sent two emails to morgan with no replies.

so maybe I didn't ask for one yet? if they don't hear you, did you ask?

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

2k deposit, I only asked for a refund maybe almost two weeks ago.
sent two emails to morgan with no replies.
so maybe I didn't ask for one yet? if they don't hear you, did you ask?

Oh, they hear you...given the influx in games going out, and short time that you requested, suspect this one will be quick. With due respect, many bail on preorders when ready to ship.
Its the old money that has to be washed with new, and much harder to verify, process. Your # has been added nonetheless . Given what has been revealed just this past 2 days, I officially have zero worry of getting mine, and them cleaning the old mess in short order.
They are going to sell many of these machines .....

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

many bail on preorders when ready to ship.

your right,
Took me a while to finally come to the decision though. Looking though the forums about three weeks ago and saw all the people having issues with their machines with little support. Didn't make sense for me to have it as a route game, if there was a chance of prolonged down times. Which sucks because I really wanted this title. That and since there was no resolution to date as to what they were doing with stuff they took of the LE's. I'm sure they will make it through, but for now I like to be out of harms way if something happened.

#46 6 years ago

MK6, you can add me to this list...

I sent HP $1500.00 deposit via paypal October 14th, 2016 ...

on September 17th of 2017 I decided to cancel my order, and requested a refund.

within 24 hours of that email HP responded and said they were sorry to see me go, but they understood and would put me on the list and begin processing my refund. but it could take up to 60 days to return my initial deposit.

It has now been 60 days, and refund as of yet. I did touch base with HP at the 30 day mark, and got a response to my email a few days later reiterating that my refund could take up to 60 days...

I have emailed them again today to check on its status.

#47 6 years ago

They never refunded my money. Had to go through CC for refund.

(edited for typo)

#48 6 years ago

Mark:

I wen ALL in for the LE. I'm owed $9107.39...many many many ignored emails.... broken promises of refund to you in 60 days....30 days... I'll PM you the email string. I haven't heard from Morgan in over 3 months now.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

MK6, you can add me to this list...
I sent HP $1500.00 deposit via paypal October 14th, 2016 ...
on September 17th of 2017 I decided to cancel my order, and requested a refund.
within 24 hours of that email HP responded and said they were sorry to see me go, but they understood and would put me on the list and begin processing my refund. but it could take up to 60 days to return my initial deposit.
It has now been 60 days, and refund as of yet. I did touch base with HP at the 30 day mark, and got a response to my email a few days later reiterating that my refund could take up to 60 days...
I have emailed them again today to check on its status.

Added...thanks for helping

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-an-alien-refund-request-for-clarity-thread?hl=crosbyjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.