• Latest reply 5 years ago by billycrna
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

368D365B-2A06-40CA-9F47-BB7BA96CDB69 (resized).jpeg
titanic (resized).jpg
There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago

Even if the stock market crashes tomorrow, here's almost 40k that will still be safe and sound.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Updates? Surely this number has increased or decreased by now.

Well after them calling "in person" multiple times they still have not sent an actual Alien head for our machine....just the head. Even Astropin is so sunny day aboot these tools anymore; that's when you know it's rock bottom.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well after them calling "in person" multiple times they still have not sent an actual Alien head for our machine....just the head.

Sometimes it's difficult to get a little head.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well after them calling "in person" multiple times they still have not sent an actual Alien head for our machine....just the head. Even Astropin is so sunny day aboot these tools anymore; that's when you know it's rock bottom.

lol....not high on Heighway...but I still love the game.

#155 6 years ago

Haven't heard a thing from them.

1 week later
#156 6 years ago

I went to wales and picked up my LE about 4 weeks ago, I paid the rest of the money I owed in cash because no way was I sending more money. I gave up trying to get a refund so at least I didn’t lose my money

#157 6 years ago

I got money in on a LE, been in since day 1. I did take a small refund through paypal yet I am mostly paid in full (over 90%) with zero communications from LameWay. I have sent them a few e-mails asking when I can expect my game or any news or info ect. and none of my e-mails have been replied to pretty freaken lame as I don't care if this pin is the next holy grail you don't treat ppl that way that funded a project.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Sandy1:

I went to wales and picked up my LE about 4 weeks ago, I paid the rest of the money I owed in cash because no way was I sending more money. I gave up trying to get a refund so at least I didn’t lose my money

Somehow I would have kept my mouth shut about it.....

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Sandy1:

Good for you. You took the initiative and worked the opportunities that were available and salvaged a bad situation for yourself. Anybody that gives you shit for that is petty and jealous. Hopefully others in a similar situation will read your success story and begin thinking creatively also.

Enjoy your game. You earned it.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Anybody that gives you shit for that is petty and jealous.

For sure.
If you think anyone that's pissed aboot it wouldn't drive a state or 2 over to knock on their door if they were in the US; you're delusional.

#161 6 years ago

The only way I'd buy an Alien is to turn up at the factory in Wales in a truck. However, they don't sell direct anymore, and put the price up dramatically, so that's it for me.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Sandy1:

Congrats!!!!

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

I got money in on a LE, been in since day 1. I did take a small refund through paypal yet I am mostly paid in full (over 90%) with zero communications from LameWay. I have sent them a few e-mails asking when I can expect my game or any news or info ect. and none of my e-mails have been replied to pretty freaken lame as I don't care if this pin is the next holy grail you don't treat ppl that way that funded a project.

Every email I sent was ignored, i couldn’t get through on the phone so I started sending them messages on their Facebook page.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Somehow I would have kept my mouth shut about it.....

spit out my morning juice. LOL

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Sandy1:

Every email I sent was ignored, i couldn’t get through on the phone so I started sending them messages on their Facebook page.

This is so infuriating to read.

Fine, they are between a rock and a hard place with trying to get machines out, no money left for further refunds, and just trying to turn things around and maybe don't have good news to respond to people. But I'm willing to bet there's never been a business textbook that ever said "ignore all incoming communications" as a strategy for turnaround.

#166 6 years ago

In the interest of being helpful, I found an article about managing customers during a crisis:

https://www.helpscout.net/helpu/crisis-management-examples/

"Going dark" is one of their examples of doing it wrong.

Also, "all hands on deck" for customer response is an example of what TO do.

It's easy to blame Andrew for the mess, but he left the building a while back and these bad policies have been in play ever since.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

spit out my morning juice. LOL

Is there going to be a machine at Allentown? I'd like to play a version where everything works. And, I'd like to meet you.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is there going to be a machine at Allentown? I'd like to play a version where everything works. And, I'd like to meet you.

no idea.

I will be there for sure.

1 week later
#169 6 years ago

So just added pinzilla who is owed $1500 for around a year.....Has anyone received a refund?

#170 6 years ago

368D365B-2A06-40CA-9F47-BB7BA96CDB69 (resized).jpeg368D365B-2A06-40CA-9F47-BB7BA96CDB69 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#171 6 years ago

Based on the news regarding Heighway, it looks like everyone here is likely screwed.

Anyone looked into getting on the list of creditors? It's a (very) long shot but might be worth trying.

#172 5 years ago

Any updates on the numbers?

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Based on the news regarding Heighway, it looks like everyone here is likely screwed.
Anyone looked into getting on the list of creditors? It's a (very) long shot but might be worth trying.

I'm only out 2100 bucks, but I'd be curious if anyone is doing anything about being more forceful about getting something?

so the investors are liquidating this company and moving the assets over to the next? something about that doesn't seem right to me.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I'm only out 2100 bucks, but I'd be curious if anyone is doing anything about being more forceful about getting something?
so the investors are liquidating this company and moving the assets over to the next? something about that doesn't seem right to me.

Well, i had just started looking into getting some references for UK counsel when all of this went sideways, so I'm waiting to see how this may 4th meeting goes to decide how to proceed. I don't know much about UK law, but it sounds pretty shady.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Any updates on the numbers?

You can add my $5525 i requested just before the liquidation stuff started. They never responded.

#175 5 years ago

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear you lost that much.

#176 5 years ago

just for the official record

Im out 1500 + 350 for the small screen

#177 5 years ago

Perhaps those that are owed money could apply it towards a down payment on a hydrofoil.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps those that are owed money could apply it towards a down payment on a hydrofoil.

Lol. $1500 here

What’s done is done. Can’t live in the past

#179 5 years ago

$1,500 here too.

#180 5 years ago

Let the Announcement posts flow through here like rain. Let it wash away after bits and cleanse the stain. Pinball goes on.

#181 5 years ago

2100 here. The pin gods were angry at me that day

#182 5 years ago

In case you all didn't see it over in the Rebirth of Heighway thread:

Quoted from oyvindmo:

The meeting was pretty uneventful. There were two main points on the agenda: first to affirm that the company should be wound up voluntarily, and second to appoint a liquidator. The investor group was present, and a few of the larger creditors had submitted proxy votes, and Mark Bowen of MB Insolvency (http://mb-i.co.uk/) was unanimously elected.
One note: Registered creditors have received or will receive a detailed creditors' report, so anyone with a stake in this issue should contact MB with a proof of claim, at the very least to stay informed.

#183 5 years ago

$1,500 Here

#184 5 years ago

Toss $1,500 onto the pile for me. You showing the recent subtotal? I plan to wait a few days and will email TheLiquidator! Mostly want to read the list of creditors, as I don't expect to see any money back. Although I may open the mailbox one day to find a check for $18.23. Also I find watching a company incinerate, to be intriguing.

2 weeks later
#185 5 years ago

$1900 here.....Well, damn.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-an-alien-refund-request-for-clarity-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.