• 185 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by billycrna
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

368D365B-2A06-40CA-9F47-BB7BA96CDB69 (resized).jpeg
titanic (resized).jpg

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I know them quite well.

you knew Andrew too.
you talked to him regularly.
he told you what you wanted to hear.
you reported back that this guy makes machines.
how did that work out?

new group telling you all the things you want to hear now as well?
reporting back that everything is going to be OK?
for everybodys sake, I hope you are right this time.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

The "six figure players"? who the f**k are they?

the gentlemen who currently own/run the company are probably all 6 figure players. Melissa may not tell you if she is/was one, but its has already been mentioned on pinside. you have never read the KFC kids posts have you? you have never seen any evidence of lawsuits due to broken leases have you? no naivety here my friend.

the info you were to garner from my post was..
you are ignoring the fact that there are people who are in pretty deep and their amounts likely dwarf any outstanding total owed for prepaid machines. the only people who stand between customers getting something vs nothing, and you chastise them by policing the smaller amounts they owe after they have been taken for a far greater ride.

while you may be well intentioned, it is difficult for me to believe they need this kind of help. you have alluded to having some degree of business acumen. by taking up this latest crusade, it isnt showing.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

you knew Andrew too.
you talked to him regularly.
he told you what you wanted to hear.
you reported back that this guy makes machines.
how did that work out?
new group telling you all the things you want to hear now as well?
reporting back that everything is going to be OK?
for everybodys sake, I hope you are right this time.

the gentlemen who currently own/run the company are probably all 6 figure players. Melissa may not tell you if she is/was one, but its has already been mentioned on pinside. you have never read the KFC kids posts have you? you have never seen any evidence of lawsuits due to broken leases have you? no naivety here my friend.
the info you were to garner from my post was..
you are ignoring the fact that there are people who are in pretty deep and their amounts likely dwarf any outstanding total owed for prepaid machines. the only people who stand between customers getting something vs nothing, and you chastise them by policing the smaller amounts they owe after they have been taken for a far greater ride.
while you may be well intentioned, it is difficult for me to believe they need this kind of help. you have alluded to having some degree of business acumen. by taking up this latest crusade, it isnt showing.

A good faith measure, my friend....I truly want my LE, but truly want to see those Pinsiders that are owed $$ made whole at the same time, as it would be the right thing for them to do. Simply offering another avenue of communication , pure and simple.

If one refund gets processed due to my efforts, then I've been successful. Bringing light never hurts......I've had several reach out and thank me for at least taking this approach....what could it hurt? (I still know Andrew, btw)....

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A good faith measure, my friend....I truly want my LE, but truly want to see those Pisiders that are owed $$ made whole at the same time, as it would be the right thing for them to do. Simply offering a another avenue of communication , pure and simple.
If one refund gets processed due to my efforts, then I've been successful. Bringing light never hurts......I've had several reach out and thank me for at least taking this approach....what could it hurt?

Pisiders

#104 1 year ago

Of course I'm drinking.... ....corrected my spelling...just spent 10 hours making a generations old lasagna recipe for Thanksgiving....annual tradition around my place.....time to relax and engage on Pinside.....

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

for everybodys sake, I hope you are right this time

pulled my downvote....I do hope I'm right this time, and the info is good...for the sake of all involved......

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A good faith measure, my friend....I truly want my LE, but truly want to see those Pinsiders that are owed $$ made whole at the same time, as it would be the right thing for them to do. Simply offering a another avenue of communication , pure and simple.
If one refund gets processed due to my efforts, then I've been successful. Bringing light never hurts......I've had several reach out and thank me for at least taking this approach....what could it hurt? (I still know Andrew, btw)....

good response

#107 1 year ago

I have $2,400 deposit with Heighway. I've asked for a refund, but haven't received a response. That being said, I haven't pursued a refund aggressively.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from SuS:

I have $2,400 deposit with Heighway. I've asked for a refund, but haven't received a response. That being said, I haven't pursued a refund aggressively.

Added...can you post when you requested? Thanks....

#109 1 year ago

In lieu of post #18706 in the main Alien thread (I received the same e-mail this morning), I'm going to close this one down. This e-mail is quite refreshing, and they are obviously aware of the challenges, have a plan (whether we like it or not) on how games/ refunds will go out, and aren't going to pay much mind to social media, providing updates as they see fit to the customers.

I appreciate them being as honest as possible, and no point in beating a dead horse. This does seem to show their intent in making everyone whole, and not abandoning early adopters. I wish them speedy resolution, in for the remaining haul (however long that might be), but see no point in discussing or attempting to clarify the now very, very obvious. More convinced than ever that games/customer support/ refunds/ etc. will be handled, but on THEIR timeline. Is what it is.......

#110 1 year ago

What about that email would make you want to close this? The plan is vague, wouldn't it be best to have this thread to track the execution of their plan?

#111 1 year ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

What about that email would make you want to close this? The plan is vague, wouldn't it be best to have this thread to track the execution of their plan?

After much thought....you are right. Even if I closed it, someone else could open an identical one. Hopefully, this contains the fires a bit, and allows us a way to track. Request to mods retracted, thread remains open...

#112 1 year ago

I had a chance to play Alien at my buddy’s house tonight. Wow. Simply wow. The game is so fun and so beautiful. I hope everyone that has paid to get one eventually does. What an amazing game.

#113 1 year ago

What Email?

1 week later
#114 1 year ago

Ok...almost 2 weeks since last post. Any activity one way or the other? Morgan has stated they will be reaching out w update by end of the week....

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok...almost 2 weeks since last post. Any activity one way or the other? Morgan has stated they will be reaching out w update by end of the week....

This week?

#116 1 year ago

As in tomorrow, I believe....

#117 1 year ago

Still can’t even get a response from anyone there.

#118 1 year ago

Two weeks and still awaiting parts. Emails sent with no return communication. Not as long as some have been waiting but I thought HP had turned a corner and were actively supporting their games. So davidus56 never provided his info regarding the $15k he paid for 2 pins?

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Two weeks and still awaiting parts. Emails sent with no return communication. Not as long as some have been waiting but I thought HP had turned a corner and were actively supporting their games. So davidus56 never provided his info regarding the $15k he paid for 2 pins?

Yea, not sure where he is with that. Morgan said they would post this week (which I took to mean by today) to all of the LE early adopters, as well as general update on where they were.

Surely progress is being made......I haven't named names, but have conveyed there was around 40k sitting in refunds from pinsiders, and I believed time was hear to start getting these items addressed, now that there is games flowing.

I wonder how many the distros have committed to, and how much cash is really being seen? Hoping a fair amount.

Certainly going to take more time....I've given up on the Christmas delivery (obviously).

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Certainly going to take more time....I've given up on the Christmas delivery (obviously).

I'm keeping a good thought for you and the others. Nothing wrong with a late Christmas.

#121 1 year ago

Youll probably see a few refunds and repairs after this latest shipment arrives and the cash is transfered.

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm keeping a good thought for you and the others. Nothing wrong with a late Christmas.

Thanks....it will happen....eventually....late Christmas presents are always best...

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from libtech:

Youll probably see a few refunds and repairs after this latest shipment arrives and the cash is transfered.

Counting on that.....they are moving the right way....for that I'm grateful...for everyone involved.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Counting on that.....they are moving the right way....for that I'm grateful...for everyone involved.

They're movin on up!

1 week later
#125 1 year ago

Sent another e-mail for update tonight. All I've seen for an update is a Blue armored LE on FB, and David posted some amplifier settings....

2 weeks later
#126 1 year ago

Well....17 days later....anyone have anything to report? I don't have my LE (obviously) and haven't gotten any response to the refunds except "it would all be cleared by first quarter". Just curious....thanks

#127 1 year ago

Radio silence. Almost 120 days after refund request. I can't get a response from anyone.

#128 1 year ago

The near $40,000 owed might be enough to get 5 new preorder games made.

#129 1 year ago

Awaiting promised parts and nothing but radio silence since - going on six weeks now.

#130 1 year ago

Doesn’t the refund request waiting period automatically reset to 3 months at the start of the new year?

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Doesn’t the refund request waiting period automatically reset to 3 months at the start of the new year?

Why do you keep posting this? It wasn't funny the fist time.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Why do you keep posting this? It wasn't funny the fist time.

Because I feel like it.

#133 1 year ago

I had paid in full with Andrew for LE. Got lucky and got most of my money back
From the credit card company. I currently have $1500 deposit in the game. I have tried contacting heighway six times in the past few months with no response. Such a shame. I am not sure I even want the game. Apparently they are having a lot of quality issues. Very disappointed to say the least!!

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Because I feel like it.

Well if the counter did reset and if Heighway Pinball would 100% guarantee they'd follow through on their promise, you'll have your money in under than 80 days. Sweet, how will it all get spent?

2 weeks later
#135 1 year ago

Any refunds?

Bump.

#136 1 year ago

I can only bump as well, as my communication is getting sparse....

#137 1 year ago

I wish I could say I was surprised.

#138 1 year ago

Nothing.....

#139 1 year ago

Nothing but radio silence on this end as well. Like others that are waiting I am VERY frustrated. No way to run a business whatsoever, I don’t care who you are or what you are selling. But at this point all I can do is wait!!!

#140 1 year ago

Crazy really as who on earth would put money down to buy their next game? Even if it does have a new cabinet etc and it's Queen.

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Crazy really as who on earth would put money down to buy their next game? Even if it does have a new cabinet etc and it's Queen.

There's one born every minute. Also I suspect theres a ton of potential buyers who are either not on pinside or dont give two shits about the bitchfest that this site is

-Jeff

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Prob anyone still owed or wanting Alien.... my guess is there’s allot of pumping up Hwy to help keep them afloat. What other companies fail to deliver, fail to refund, and fail to communicate get near the love Hwy gets?

#143 1 year ago

All I have to say about heighway is it would of been great to get weekly updates. By not saying anything it breeds negative speculation, Which in my opinion is alot worse then their message getting gargled in the mouths of people on pinside. Would of instilled confidence in the buyers, I'm sure they would of retained at least 1/4 of the people who requested refunds. Possibly even myself.

Not sure why they don't realize, that by them not being transparent, their investors(customers) will get scared and jump ship.
As long as they don't give dates or promise anything that would of been great. Even if there is nothing to report, Like we are still waiting on parts from such and such. At least then I know something is happening, being in the dark sucks.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

There's one born every minute. Also I suspect theres a ton of potential buyers who are either not on pinside or dont give two shits about the bitchfest that this site is
-Jeff

Hi Jeff

I can tell that you're frustrated and angry and I completely understand why. I've been through similar, so I do understand. I'm not trying to pile on but I'm going to disagree with you on this point.

Begining with Full Throttle, Andrew Hieghway began and almost exclusively promoted his company on Pinside. He even recruited a couple of notable Pinsiders to voluntarily do his promotion and campaigning here. Outside of a few shows Hieghway attended, I expect the majority of all buyers are from Pinside.

And BTW. I don't think you and my friend Mark are suckers. I think you're good guys, optimistic and stuck in a difficult situation, trying to do the best you can.

Heighway Pinball is treating you guys like shit and things look dicey, but I'm hoping the best for all.

Kim

#145 1 year ago

Heighway pinball has not responded to my last six emails. Lol. So sad. Glad I got a majority of my money back from the credit card company. Only out $1500. Looks like I may lose out. I took a gamble. They just don’t care about the early people who supported them and do not communicate anything about the game!!! Andrew really scammed us all in my opinion!!! I went direct thru him many years ago. Big mistake. Does anyone have any news on the game and if LEs will get shipped or is the company toast?

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Does anyone have any news on the game and if LEs will get shipped or is the company toast?

LE machines are in fact shipping

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And BTW. I don't think you and my friend Mark are suckers. I think you're good guys, optimistic and stuck in a difficult situation, trying to do the best you can.
Heighway Pinball is treating you guys like shit and things look dicey, but I hoping the best for all.
Kim

Thanks for the healthy input Kim. Jeff and I (along with others) are trying to make the best out of a bad situation. I started this thread with a sincere hope it would give us a $$$ to identify, and give those owed a place to vent (trying to keep it in here).

Obviously hasn't accomplished much of anything to this point, but a reasonable place to voice the frustration, along with, hopefully, some better news in some form. Until some solid communication/ resolution is established, it will be hard to get away from the negative theme (as it should be, sadly) . We are all watching.....

#148 1 year ago

They should have contacted EVERY person who has given them money with a status update.
Sad to say, but this company doesn't DESERVE to succeed!

1 week later
#149 1 year ago

Updates? Surely this number has increased or decreased by now.

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Updates? Surely this number has increased or decreased by now.

My thoughts exactly.....but I have had zero PM's one way or the other, and have heard nothing from Morgan in quite some time. Read some article copy in the other thread stating their resolve to early adopters and refunds, but nothing that has been conveyed to me. Please post either way with any $$$ updates ....thanks...mark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Los Altos, CA
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Göteborg, VäSTRA GöTALANDS LäN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hurricane, WV
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside