(Topic ID: 50974)

Ok, AC/DC has given me the fever, what's next?

By pinrock

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which newer Stern should I purchase next?”

• Tron Pro 31 votes
      41%
    • Tron LE (only choose this if you think the game warrants the extra cost over the pro...I am glad I got the AC/DC premium, if that helps) 17 votes
      22%
    • Iron Man 4 votes
      5%
    • Spider Man 18 votes
      24%
    • Avengers 6 votes
      8%

(76 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TRON_Pro.jpg
    IMG_1035.JPG
    DSC08968.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

I've had my AC/DC premium a few months and it is awesome. It really stands out in my collection. I hadn't bought a Stern pin in a while and I am impressed. It has got me thinking about what my next one should be. I am thinking Tron, but I haven't stayed close enough to this to know for sure.

I am listing in the poll a couple I may be interested in.

Comments are appreciated. Thanks for the help!

By the way if you have a TRON Pro or LE reasonably priced for sale, let me know...

#2 10 years ago

Any of those is a great pick, except Avengers, stay far away...don't listen to anyone who says it's good haha

Tron LE would be my first pic, but it's stupid expensive...probably 10kish or more..

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

TRON LE would be my first pic, but it's stupid expensive...probably 10kish or more..

Yep.

#4 10 years ago

Spend a day at CP Pinball and decide for yourself:

http://www.cppinball.com/games/

#5 10 years ago

IM or SM of what you have as options. IM if you want another fast paced short ball time game similar to ACDC.

#6 10 years ago

Tron is leading by a wide margin, so far..
    .interesting...

#7 10 years ago

If you don't mind devoting $10-11K to one pin, Tron LE would be my recommendation.

#8 10 years ago

I would say tron

Quoted from tomdotcom:

Any of those is a great pick, except Avengers, stay far away...don't listen to anyone who says it's good haha

And that was just bad. Cool game but needs a lot of work tweaking. Definately not for every one.

#9 10 years ago

Honestly, I think you need more choices. Maybe look towards some older games as well. Don't limit yourself. If you have any decent places to play locally, try before you buy.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

Honestly, I think you need more choices. Maybe look towards some older games as well. Don't limit yourself. If you have any decent places to play locally, try before you buy.

+1 Agreed. I like how AC/DC Flows since its a Steve Ritchie design. I started Playing other games like “The Getaway” high speed II & “No Fear” Both Fast flowing games that Ritchie Also designed. I have yet to play his STTNG, but I hear it quite awesome.

#11 10 years ago

As a Tron LE owner, in comparing Tron Pro vs Tron LE, I would say just get a Tron pro and spend some money decking it out. Honestly, it plays just as good as far as I'm concerned.

But for all these games, I'd vote spiderman. Awesome rules, same design team as AC/DC in both physical design (Steve Ritchie) and rules set (Lyman Sheats).

Quoted from Biomech011:

+1 Agreed. I like how AC/DC Flows since its a Steve Ritchie design. I started Playing other games like “The Getaway” High Speed II & “No Fear” Both Fast flowing games that Ritchie Also designed. I have yet to play his STTNG, but I hear it quite awesome.

I have all those games here if you want to play some

#12 10 years ago

It almost too bad you started with one if S. Richie's best machines, acdc is just flat out awesome. F-14 is another good SR title very fast and brutal. For some reason not a huge fan of nf. Just a bit too cheesy perhaps theme wise. Getaway is another good title as well but comparing any older SR title to Acdc is just unfair as it is his best work to date.
    Al

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

As a TRON LE owner, in comparing Tron Pro vs TRON LE, I would say just get a Tron pro and spend some money decking it out. Honestly, it plays just as good as far as I'm concerned.
    But for all these games, I'd vote spiderman. Awesome rules, same design team as AC/DC in both physical design (Steve Ritchie) and rules set (Lyman Sheats).

I have all those games here if you want to play some

Do you ever sleep

#14 10 years ago

Ok, AC/DC has given me the fever, what's next? You need more cowbell....and a Tron. LE if you have the means but the Pro's play great, have killer sound and are starting to look pretty badass.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

+1
    I recently visited my brother near St. Louis and tried to go there, however they seem to be closed every other weekend. We went the wrong weekend.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

That is a great idea as I am fairly close. Although I went to the website and the list of games does not show a Tron. I wonder if they have one but haven't updated their list of games yet...?

#17 10 years ago

Spider-Man or Iron Man

#18 10 years ago

None of the above.... Dont know why Metallica was not in the list???

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

+1

There is a problem with that advice however

You will decide to buy 80 machines

OP consider Metallica or SM perhaps?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinrock:

That is a great idea as I am fairly close. Although I went to the website and the list of games does not show a Tron. I wonder if they have one but haven't updated their list of games yet...?

The list is outdated.

There was a TronLE once but the dollars it commanded became more valuable than the game play & it was eventually sold. CP has everything on your list except Tron.

#21 10 years ago

Tron for sure, Id go pro, lightning fast game, the Best music and an add on subwoofer kicks it into overdrive!

DSC08968.JPGDSC08968.JPG

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

None of the above.... Dont know why Metallica was not in the list???

The only reason I didn't put Metallica in the list was it is somewhat similar to AC/DC and I wanted a little variety, but who knows, if it ends up being an awesome pin, maybe I'll consider it.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Spider-Man or Iron Man

I concur...

#24 10 years ago

Avengers. Tight shots, tough to master, good home game.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinrock:

The only reason I didn't put Metallica in the list was it is somewhat similar to AC/DC and I wanted a little variety, but who knows, if it ends up being an awesome pin, maybe I'll consider it.

If Metallica comes into the equation...I would probably (definitely ) choose a METALLICA premium (LE if you could find one ) over Spider-Man or Iron Man. I haven't played a Metallica pin yet, but my gut instinct says it's going to be a top 10 pin!

#26 10 years ago

My experience...Cant go wrong with anything coded by LYMAN S! METALLICA, SM, TRON PRO all great. Tron Pro seem easy to find now.

Will be hard to beat ACDC though. Thats why I still have ACDC Pro and Prem. and sold my Tron and SM.

IMG_1035.JPGIMG_1035.JPG TRON_Pro.jpgTRON_Pro.jpg

#27 10 years ago

Tron from the poll.

I would go for a deep game judging by your current collection like TSPP or LOTR.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Tron from the poll.
    I would go for a deep game judging by your current collection like TSPP or LOTR.

I didnt touch my LOTR after ACDC arrived. Too slow and crazy longball times. I needed 30 min to play a game. Plus you can buy a New Tron and mods for the same price.

All are good choices really.

#29 10 years ago

Chuck(owner of CP) sold his Tron to Brian, who has it up at The 3rd Rail bar and grill in Eureka, MO. In Eureka, he also has IM, X-men, Avengers, and a few others, but charges .75-1.00 per play. CP has the rest of the games tho. I'd say spiderman is the best out of your list, personally. Avengers just didn't do anything for me other than a great light show (I've played it like 20 times now). I would suggest Sopranos or LOTR. Have you been to The Silver Ballroom? He's got 17 games but the newer sterns are LOTR, Sopranos, Rolling Stones, POTC, AC/DC, and the rest are Bally/Williams. Tron was cool, but it just wasn't deep enough for me...lost interest, but it sure looks fantastic.

#30 10 years ago

Metallica LE!

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Tron from the poll.I would go for a deep game judging by your current collection like TSPP or LOTR.

Q I've already had both of them, in fact I bought both of those NIB when they came out. Both good games.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

IM or SM of what you have as options. IM if you want another fast paced short ball time game similar to ACDC.

One thing that surprises me on the poll is the poor showing for Iron Man. I don't remember how I got the impression that is was a really good game, but that is not reflected in this poll, I thought it would have more votes!

#33 10 years ago

Ironman is a good game , but we only get one vote and it's hard to vote for Ironman when spiderman is on the list .

#34 10 years ago

IM = Avatar with 2 ramps

So that ends up being a $2000 ramp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ok-acdc-has-given-me-the-fever-whats-next and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.