New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 185185)

OHIO show pics post them up.

By BowlingJim

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by McPin54
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 50 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170418_180349 (resized).jpg
    20170418_180352 (resized).jpg
    20170418_180354 (resized).jpg
    20170418_180357 (resized).jpg
    20170418_180400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1320 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1317 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1335 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1342 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1330 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3153 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3167 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3161 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3171 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170330_201124454 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170331_215819912 (resized).jpg

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

How about some pics for us working folks that aren't able to be at the show during the week.

#2 3 years ago

I like where this thread will go. Good job bowling Jim

#3 3 years ago

Guess nobody went to the show

#4 3 years ago

IMG_1309 (resized).JPG

IMG_1310 (resized).JPG

IMG_1311 (resized).JPG

#5 3 years ago

IMG_1312 (resized).JPG

#6 3 years ago

IMG_1313 (resized).JPG

#7 3 years ago

IMG_1317 (resized).JPG

IMG_1321 (resized).JPG

IMG_1318 (resized).JPG

IMG_1324 (resized).JPG

#8 3 years ago

sweet a spirit! cant wait to try that one

#9 3 years ago

The Fathom and Spirit indicate the Cincinnati group has arrived safe

#10 3 years ago

8:20pm, over at the JJ booth. I'm currently the only one in line.

IMG_1325 (resized).JPG

#11 3 years ago

IMG_1226 (resized).JPG

#12 3 years ago

NKY pinball league representing with that bad ass centaur!! Have fun everyone!

#13 3 years ago

51259296840__24985DAC-055A-467A-B201-E38428756987 (resized).JPG

#14 3 years ago

Meh...seems a bit weak so far after attending the Texas Pinball Festival...what else ya got?!

#15 3 years ago

IMG_3162 (resized).JPG

IMG_3163 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpg

#16 3 years ago

Please bring spirit to the Cleveland show. Machine of the year in 2016

#17 3 years ago

IMG_0477 (resized).JPG

IMG_0484 (resized).JPG

IMG_0490 (resized).JPG

IMG_0492 (resized).JPG

IMG_0494 (resized).JPG

IMG_0509 (resized).JPG

IMG_0512 (resized).JPG

IMG_0516 (resized).JPG

IMG_0513 (resized).JPG

IMG_0519 (resized).JPG

IMG_0524 (resized).JPG

IMG_0530 (resized).JPG

IMG_0534 (resized).JPG

IMG_0538 (resized).JPG

#18 3 years ago

Nice pinstadium lights in that Aerosmith!!

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

NKY pinball league representing with that bad ass centaur!! Have fun everyone!

What i was thinking!

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice pinstadium lights in that Aerosmith!!

Should have put them in an old dark pin to really showcase them

#21 3 years ago

IMG_1227 (resized).JPG

IMG_1233 (resized).JPG

#22 3 years ago

Holy crap! Someone brought an Odds and Evens. Nice!

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Guess nobody went to the show

C'mon, where you been...living in a cave? There's been pics in the continuously running official unofficial thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-pinball-show2017-buy-sell-trade

#24 3 years ago

4yr old son is getting pretty good 69D24BB8-C5F4-479F-BB89-F344E9505AA3 (resized).JPG21A8A102-AA70-4037-B8B5-C3BB57E84962 (resized).JPG

#25 3 years ago

Brought Miss-O. And bought Expo. Had a good time and met a lot of good people.

IMG_20170331_215850535 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170331_215819912 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170330_201124454 (resized).jpg

#26 3 years ago

Yeah I got to say this was the worst Ohio show I've ever been to. Being very generous in counting ie counting all the mega touches pins that were on but no credits pins that were on but had major play issues like 1 or both flippers not working even counting the project pins Brooks dun all the arcade games cocktail multicades ect there were 82 games and maybe 70 by the time we left on sat. Most pins played like they were never even leveled. I'll save my money next year and go to the Cleveland show. Take some pride people. Work on your pin and play test it fix the issues before you just drop it off at the show.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from jszucs:

Yeah I got to say this was the worst Ohio show I've ever been to. Being very generous in counting ie counting all the mega touches pins that were on but no credits pins that were on but had major play issues like 1 or both flippers not working even counting the project pins Brooks dun all the arcade games cocktail multicades ect there were 82 games and maybe 70 by the time we left on sat. Most pins played like they were never even leveled. I'll save my money next year and go to the Cleveland show. Take some pride people. Work on your pin and play test it fix the issues before you just drop it off at the show.

Wow, that was a bit harsh...and in your anger you forgot some punctuation. I give folks credit for just bringing them to the show, it's a lot of work. The ones that fail, I kinda give 'em some leeway, as they are often getting a lot of play that they haven't been getting.

#28 3 years ago

This was, as far as I am concerned, the worst Ohio Show that I have been to. But keep in mind I said that LAST YEAR, too, but I did return. Lack of games overall, lack of fully functional games that WERE there and just the general consistent thought of "Boy, this has gone downhill" were the overriding factors of my two days there. I wanted to play that Top Speed SO badly, but it just sat there. Unfixed. Unplayable. And me unhappy. The only highlight? It's the first show of the year and people want to get out of the house and do something and see people they haven't seen in a while. THAT'S why most people go, I believe. And something tells me that those people, like me, will continue to go even though the quality of the event has dwindled each and every year I have attended (past four years)...

#29 3 years ago

Seems quite a bit of vendors were missing. I know Lee's parts had an unavoidable time conflict. There used to be other vendors like Rottendog, somebody in the "room" near the entrance, and whomever was in the corner that brought tables full of ramps and such. No Superbands that I saw. Vendors selling Bud Light mirrors seemed notably bored....not even sure why they are there.

It would be nice to get a parts supplier such as Marco or someone to sell some common parts. Rubbers, flipper rebuild kits, switches and the like would be useful and certainly people would buy these things to save shipping, or even make repairs to games on the floor.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

No Superbands that I saw.

Cointaker had/has them along with the Superband rings.

Phoebe

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from jszucs:

Sorry, I did not see any of your pins there, did I miss something?

If everyone from here who said they were going brought a pin there would have been a lot more.

It is up to us pinheads to make these shows 'great' for the potential pinheads paying at the show.

Sure, there were too many in-operative or sub-par but that is the nature of it.

Look there were a lot of great pins that were humming along perfectly. (lines were minimal)

I had a blast and will be there next year, and the next.....

The only suggestion I have is to start the tournament earlier so they are not still going at 10:00pm Sunday night.

Bud

#32 3 years ago

jszucs and SkeebWilcox --- tough comments. Did you guys bring machines?

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Cointaker had/has them along with the Superband rings.
    Phoebe

I must be blind, LOL I saw LEDs, toppers, shaker, custom shooter rods.

#34 3 years ago

No where did it say I had to bring machines? Look at the list posted of games. Easy 20 of that list I never saw. I paid my $40 (girlfriend and I) for the right to play games without having to do the work to lug them around. there were a handful of nice machines and all had 3 4 people waiting almost all day sat.

Bigest problem being so many games without credits, off, or functional problems like flipper not working not kicking out ball and owners not fixing or removing.

Sorry didn't know I had to bring games for the right to feel ripped off. I've been to this show many times before and never seen it this bad.

Heck I came with cash in hand hoping to buy an aftermarket wpc driver board at a show price and vender was not even there.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from jszucs:

Bigest problem being so many games without credits, off, or functional problems like flipper not working not kicking out ball and owners not fixing or removing.

This definitely needs to be addressed in the future, other shows I've been to it seems that machines are screened before being put on the show floor. I understand that things break, but weak or broken flippers, lack of maintenance on ppl machines was ridiculous this year. If I knew I could just bring garbage on the floor I would have just brought my seawitch that needs a total restore and sat it on the floor all weekend to save the 80 bucks

#36 3 years ago

I understand the issues brought up about some of the games, but there were a lot more that owners spent a lot of time getting ready for the show. I brought 3 myself and they played all weekend with no issues. If you can't bring a game that's fine but try to be respectful to people who do.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

jszucs and SkeebWilcox --- tough comments. Did you guys bring machines?

No. Which is why I am disappointed about the selection that was there and the condition that many of them were in...

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from camarofrank:

I understand the issues brought up about some of the games, but there were a lot more that owners spent a lot of time getting ready for the show. I brought 3 myself and they played all weekend with no issues. If you can't bring a game that's fine but try to be respectful to people who do.

I am by no means diminishing the effort in the people bringing games or even running the show. I do have a problem in the promise of 100+ games and falling short. And the lack of quality control in even simple stuff like leveling. Or having games on free play or just rig for free play if not an option. And I think I have been very nice about expressing this vs how I really feel.

When you can take your $20 and go to kid force super electric bside Stonehenge and play for just as long with no lines and nice machines you start to question why you went / wasted your money.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from jszucs:

I paid my $40 (girlfriend and I) for the right to play games without having to do the work to lug them around.

What a selfish asshole. Why don't you get another hobby if the only thing you contribute is a lousy 40 bucks and a big ol glass of whine?

Sorry people didn't bring the games you wanted. It's dickholes like you that make the people that do spend the effort to cart their games to the show feel unappreciated and less willing to do it the next year.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from jszucs:

I am by no means diminishing the effort in the people bringing games or even running the show. I do have a problem in the promise of 100+ games and falling short. And the lack of quality control in even simple stuff like leveling. Or having games on free play or just rig for free play if not an option. And I think I have been very nice about expressing this vs how I really feel.
    When you can take your $20 and go to kid force super electric bside Stonehenge and play for just as long with no lines and nice machines you start to question why you went / wasted your money.

There are other aspects to a show other than your selfish ass showing up, hoping to play your idea of a perfect lineup.

Try talking to fellow collectors, talk about the machines they restored, mingle with the vendors, check out some used parts from vendors, play in the awesome tournament they had. Get to know collectors and network with others, down the road its nice to know people in this hobby.

So quit your whining, for crying out loud, what did you drive, 25 minutes to get there? some of us drive 3 + hours or more and love every minute of the Ohio show. So take your $40.00 you "lost" and find another show somewhere else around the country!

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

What a selfish asshole. Why don't you get another hobby if the only thing you contribute is a lousy 40 bucks and a big ol glass of whine?
    Sorry people didn't bring the games you wanted. It's dickholes like you that make the people that do spend the effort to cart their games to the show feel unappreciated and less willing to do it the next year.

So by your logic we should only allow those that bring games in? While I'm all for that elitism you know that does not work. I totally appreciate those who brought games that were working leveled and able to be played. My beef is with the large amount that were not working (and not just a bulb out or switch not working major functional problems) I've been to the Ohio show 6 times before this and it's never been this bad. Both games with major issues and the number of games that were removed. But I guess I'm the only one who noticed this. Sorry your so but hurt by that and me not bringing a game. If no one speaks up about the issues it will never get fixed. I'll make sure to bring a game just so I have the right to point out issues and be as holy as you.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from jszucs:

So by your logic we should only allow those that bring games in? While I'm all for that elitism you know that does not work.

No, I'm saying those that contribute nothing (You) have no right to criticize those that do. Didn't your mother ever teach you the golden rule about if you don't have something nice to say?

Quoted from jszucs:

If no one speaks up about the issues it will never get fixed.

BTW: Did you attempt to contact the people to let them know the game wasn't working? That is the typical protocol at a show and why most games have the owners number on it.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from jszucs:

If no one speaks up about the issues it will never get fixed.

OK, you pointed out a real problem.

Improvements can be made.

Sorry to have jumped on, but those who lugged machines in get first dibs on complaining.

Bud

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

Take a chill. He has a point to make and is entitled to his opinion. I'm not going to sugar coat it but he makes a valid point. The show is getting smaller when all other shows are growing. Lack of vendors sucked. There were fewer pins there. Several people I see every year we grumbling the same. I brought 6 pins and enjoyed sharing them. The greatest asset to the show has always been the friends I see but even those were less. I did not play a lot of the games brought by others; I was too busy socializing, so I can't comment on playability. I did have a Medusa brought to the show. I put it together and it worked so I threw it into a row so others could enjoy it. It had a few resets but it got played. I have not seen Mike to give my humble opinion but I did tell Marvin. They need to hear from us about the good and the bad .How else can you fix what needs fixed and keep what works well?

#45 3 years ago

I had 2 machines at the so this year. My Gladiators and RFM. Glad had a sling issue that could not be fixed before the show but I brought it anyway. Did not effect the play to much.

Low and behold it was used in the tournament along with RFM. It was the guy that tried to level the my RFM and almost tip it over that I have an issue with.

Call the person if there are issues instead of complaining or trying to fix something on someone else's machines.

I had $25K+ in machines at the Cleveland show and still people had issues with how they played. Go figure.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Take a chill. He has a point to make and is entitled to his opinion. I'm not going to sugar coat it but he makes a valid point. The show is getting smaller when all other shows are growing. Lack of vendors sucked. There were fewer pins there. Several people I see every year we grumbling the same. I brought 6 pins and enjoyed sharing them. The greatest asset to the show has always been the friends I see but even those were less. I did not play a lot of the games brought by others; I was too busy socializing, so I can't comment on playability. I did have a Medusa brought to the show. I put it together and it worked so I threw it into a row so others could enjoy it. It had a few resets but it got played. I have not seen Mike to give my humble opinion but I did tell Marvin. They need to hear from us about the good and the bad .How else can you fix what needs fixed and keep what works well?

I brought the DM on the floor - and I also noticed less machines this year. Also the crowd was much smaller - only big day was Saturday morning which died out about 5. Something is happening when less people show up. A comment about vendors, Rottendog moved to FL a few years ago that's why he doesn't attend - Marco or like vendors have never been there. And since Starship bought out the ramp business I haven't seen them around yet except once at Louisville.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from onedeath:

I had 2 machines at the so this year. My Gladiators and RFM. Glad had a sling issue that could not be fixed before the show but I brought it anyway. Did not effect the play to much.
    Low and behold it was used in the tournament along with RFM. It was the guy that tried to level the my RFM and almost tip it over that I have an issue with.
    Call the person if there are issues instead of complaining or trying to fix something on someone else's machines.
    I had $25K+ in machines at the Cleveland show and still people had issues with how they played. Go figure.

Please your gladiator was playing fine it was totally playable and then some. I'm fine with machine being player even having ware. I'm not fine with machines in non playing condition. And the machines you brought to CLE show were the nicest machines there and some of the nicest I have ever played in my life nicer then new out of the box games even.

As for someone messing with your machine I'm sorry that happened. I did call txt when numbers available and helped fix 2 machines but only with the owner not just on my own. I know most everyone there I'm no nob to this.

#48 3 years ago

Forgot to mention that someone was kind enough to break of a key in my Cactus Canyon. Not sure why they wanted in there so bad it just had a few euros in it.

#49 3 years ago

Joe stop fucking with people's games,
    Fred all your games blow except MC
    and Keith I needed extra cash for the lane guides you stole.

10k by christmas!!! Wish I was closer

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from ilovegames007:

Joe stop fucking with people's games,
    Fred all your games blow except MC
    and Keith I needed extra cash for the lane guides you stole.
    10k by christmas!!! Wish I was closer

LOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    To-Go Cup - LED Out of stock
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 234.99
    $ 8,800.00
    Pinball Machine
    Stealth arcade
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 13.00
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside