Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 432 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Hammerhead
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016_pictures_043_(resized).JPG
    IMG_1528_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0012_(resized).JPG
    tmp_2245-20160331_10520930748675.jpg
    20160331_170353_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #351 8 years ago

My son and I had a great weekend. (Friday and Saturday). Played a lot of games we haven't played before. He loved Whitewater. It was my first time playing the Stern Kiss. And to whoever brought the Gold Ball, thank you. Never played one before. We both loved it. Definitely our favorite at the show. Can't wait for next year

#352 8 years ago

The family hit up the show Fri night and Sat morning and we had a great time. On the way there, the boys said they hoped to see Hercules, and of course that was the first stop when we walked in the door! The boys also fell in love with Lee's Revenge from Mars and had a blast playing Phoebe's Joust. The wife and I are super excited about Ghost Busters. We got to play several games Sat morning (before the lines) and we loved it. A big thanks to all the folks who brought games. I know bringing games is a pain, but having all the games there to play made the trip for us and your efforts were greatly appreciated!

#353 8 years ago

I was at the coin taker booth Friday about 11am (show opened at 10am) and they asked me to come back in an hour, as they still weren't ready for the public. I've vended at shows and it's a nightmare to set up while the show is open. But their booth is *huge*, the amount of work to set up that booth is mind blowing. They sell way too many "little things", it has to take forever to set up. But you have to know if you don't bring it, someone will ask for it.

#354 8 years ago
    Quoted from KerryD:

The boys also fell in love with Lee's Revenge from Mars

Glad you enjoyed RFM. It is actually belongs a friend of mine (Fred) who graciously brought the game. It was the one I used to develop my RFM - Stroke of Luck mod.

#355 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

One thing that left a bad taste in my mouth was coin taker. I asked them how much their 89 flashers were. They told me $2.00 each. Just wanted to grab a few as I'm normally a comet shopper, but comet wasn't at the show.
    On their (coin takers) website theyre 1.89. I thought as I was there in person they'd sell for a bit less, not having to package etc for shipping.
    Comet sells them for 1.19 each.
    I know it sounds petty but it just gave me a bad impression of a business I used to buy from all the time prior to becoming a comet customer.

Reading this again, it sounds to me like you were looking for an opportunity to dislike CoinTaker even more. You are a Comet fan and were looking to validate your position on Comet vs CoinTaker. Did you ask them why it was $2 at the show when you saw it on their website for $1.89? What did they say? Did you keep in mind the CONVENIENCE they provided you by being able to purchase directly at the show? You are exactly the type of person that causes vendors to stop coming to shows, and then we'll wait for your post to complain about that!!!

#356 8 years ago

"You are exactly the type of person that causes vendors to stop coming to shows, and then we'll wait for your post to complain about that!!!

I don't think he is the reason!

#357 8 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

"You are exactly the type of person that causes vendors to stop coming to shows, and then we'll wait for your post to complain about that!!!
    I don't think he is the reason!

I think Lance may be confused.

Lance, I was just a little perturbed prices seemed higher at the show. Nothing more. And, as I said, it wasn't a big deal. Just was curious why they increased the pricing.

What the other poster(push600)was talking about ("type of person that causes vendors to stop coming") was perhaps a promotor of the show that may have scolded him or something.. or gave him a hard time. I could be wrong, but that's what I read into it.

#358 8 years ago

Most vendors make very little money selling at shows when you figure what it cost to get a booth, rent a hotel. Most do it to gain new customers and let them see your products, I don't know how the led businesses make any money selling/packaging those little bulbs. I have bought from pinball life, comet, and cointaker, and have nothing bad to say about any of them.

#359 8 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

Most vendors make very little money selling at shows when you figure what it cost to get a booth, rent a hotel. Most do it to gain new customers and let them see your products, I don't know how the led businesses make any money selling/packaging those little bulbs. I have bought from pinball life, comet, and cointaker, and have nothing bad to say about any of them.

I spoke with 3 other pinsiders, all which spent over 500 bucks at cointaker, I'm pretty sure those 3 alone covered any expense. If they aren't making money they would not be coming this is basic business 101. And the profit margin is through the roof on leds when you buy in bulk from china.

#360 8 years ago

I used to spend WELL over $100 dollars to led a machine with cointaker leds, and that rarely included the whole machine..just inserts and some gi. Great products, just expensive. Personally, I just didn't wanna spend that much, so I looked around and many people suggested Comet leds. They're much less expensive and I am pretty sure most leds come from the same manufacturers in China. I've done a few machines now for less than $100.. for the whole machine (minus flashers). Usually between $80-$90.

I think it's great that Melissa and Chris come to shows and support the hobby. They're nice people as well. My comments were just that I didn't understand why they increased their already somewhat high prices moreso for the show. Left a bad taste in my mouth is all.

#361 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I think Lance may be confused.
    Lance, I was just a little perturbed prices seemed higher at the show. Nothing more. And, as I said, it wasn't a big deal. Just was curious why they increased the pricing.
    What the other poster(push600)was talking about ("type of person that causes vendors to stop coming") was perhaps a promotor of the show that may have scolded him or something.. or gave him a hard time. I could be wrong, but that's what I read into it.

Did you ask them why it was a few cents more expensive at the show versus online? What did they say? You didn't answer this part from my last post.

You keep reiterating that it isn't a big deal, but if that is the case why do you have to bring it up and share it with 100 of your closest pinside friends . Seems it is a big deal to you, in which case I would have asked for clarification from CoinTaker instead of complaining here.

#362 8 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Did you ask them why it was a few cents more expensive at the show versus online? What did they say? You didn't answer this part from my last post.
    You keep reiterating that it isn't a big deal, but if that is the case why do you have to bring it up and share it with 100 of your closest pinside friends . Seems it is a big deal to you, in which case I would have asked for clarification from CoinTaker instead of complaining here.

No, I didn't ask them. If they'd like to PM me or answer on here, go ahead.

You're the one that's actually making a huge deal outta this.

#363 8 years ago

Should have just bought LED's from me

#364 8 years ago

Highlights of the show for me:
    I was super impressed by ghost busters at the show and plan to pick one up now. The game had a nice combination of shots and the art work is gorgeous. From what I could hear, the sounds were cool also. It really made the GOT next to it look like a cheap turd. Most of the time I was waiting in line to play GB, GOT had no one playing it.

I played a bunch of games on the GOT premium and was thoroughly unimpressed with it. I think the pro is the way to go with that title. The upper playfield was super boring and just felt like it blocked the shots too much.

Really enjoyed playing Hardbody and thanks to Andy for bringing it. It was a lot more fun than I would've imagined.

Also really enjoyed the big lebowski even though I never got to play a full game because it would break every few balls. The game feels just like a WPC game and is really solid. The color screen is the perfect size and resolution. I know some people complained about weak flippers but Chris from cointaker said they're adjustable. They played fine for me but maybe as the show filled up they voltage went down and they needed adjusted. I wish the game was more affordable.

The hobbit was really fun to play but I think the screen just is over the top. I felt like there is way too much information being displayed on it and I wasn't sure what to shoot for because it seemed like the insert lights were always on. The screen felt like I was playing a board game or something. I think I just need to spend more time on it in a home environment.

Full Throttle - Looked really cool - again couldn't get a game in because it kept breaking.

Alvin G goes on world tour was another favorite of mine. The flipper buttons having the little kickers on them was super cool. Thanks to Bill for bringing it because I really enjoyed playing it.

#365 8 years ago

If I could do the show over again, I think I'd have rented a truck and brought all of my games like I did last year. The stress of having to sell a game late on Saturday in order to have room to take everything home was... stressful.

I also missed not having my Harbor Freight cart.

Also, having all my games there to show off would have been fun.

I think I'd also consider getting a hotel. Driving 1 hour 20 each morning and night was exhausting.

There's always next year, right?

#366 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Should have just bought LED's from me

ha. Maybe next time.

#367 8 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Did you ask them why it was $2 at the show when you saw it on their website for $1.89?

I would bet it was $2 to cover the sales tax, $1.89 + .13 tax - regardless, you are saving shipping and time when buying at a show. Great customer service is always worth a little more, IMO.

#368 8 years ago

Thanks to all those folks that brought games and all who made the event possible, even those behind the scenes.

#369 8 years ago
    Quoted from mot:

If I could do the show over again, I think I'd have rented a truck and brought all of my games like I did last year. The stress of having to sell a game late on Saturday in order to have room to take everything home was... stressful.
    I also missed not having my Harbor Freight cart.
    Also, having all my games there to show off would have been fun.
    I think I'd also consider getting a hotel. Driving 1 hour 20 each morning and night was exhausting.
    There's always next year, right?

I rented a van from Uhaul to bring my games and it was a great decision. I'll never haul them one or two at a time again on my little harbor freight trailer. Just not worth it. Sliding it into the van with my pinball dolly was so easy!

#370 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I rented a van from Uhaul to bring my games and it was a great decision. I'll never haul them one or two at a time again on my little harbor freight trailer. Just not worth it. Sliding it into the van with my pinball dolly was so easy!

How many pins fit in that van again? I'm going to need something for the Cleveland Show. I have 6 pins, assuming they're all still working in 5 months.

#371 8 years ago

suprise awesome game of the show= AEROBATICS
    addicting fun em!
    im loving it..

#372 8 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

How many pins fit in that van again? I'm going to need something for the Cleveland Show. I have 6 pins, assuming they're all still working in 5 months.

So I brought 4 pins and a cocktail asteroids. You could definitely fit 6 pins in it if you stood them up. The van had enough height to stand the pins up and it had lashing rails on the sides. It was nice. It was only 19.99 + .59/mile. It's the 9ft cargo van from Uhaul. They have them a lot of places.

tmp_2245-20160331_10520930748675.jpgtmp_2245-20160331_10520930748675.jpg

#373 8 years ago

Thanks for all of the support. Sorry we could not make everyone happy.

We try to be available as much as possible. Show hours were 10am til 12am midnight on Friday. I believe that's 14 hours. 3 hours to set up and put things away. 17 hours. I am going on 50 years old and physically can not do it. Wish I could

Show opened again Saturday at 8am. Unfortunately we need to eat and sleep. All I can do is apologize for upsetting or disappointing anyone. Personally I wish shows would consider posting vendor hours.

Thanks again to all that attended the show! Hope to see you in Allentown next month!

Regards

Chris

#374 8 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

Thanks for all of the support. Sorry we could not make everyone happy.
    We try to be available as much as possible. Show hours were 10am til 12am midnight on Friday. I believe that's 14 hours. 3 hours to set up and put things away. 17 hours. I am going on 50 years old and physically can not do it. Wish I could
    Show opened again Saturday at 8am. Unfortunately we need to eat and sleep. All I can do is apologize for upsetting or disappointing anyone. Personally I wish shows would consider posting vendor hours.
    Thanks again to all that attended the show! Hope to see you in Allentown next month!
    Regards
    Chris

I'm sorry you're sorry. I don't think you should be. You'll never make everybody happy in any business, ever. So brush off the criticism and keep doing what you all do so well - there are many of us who appreciate it and will continue to be loyal customers. Hope to see you at future shows!

#375 8 years ago

Thanks to everyone that brought games.

#376 8 years ago

Chris I'm just glad that you come to the shows. I like buying LEDs from you in person. Well maybe that's a little bit of a lie actually I like to buy from Melissa better than you. I was trying to spend $500 but you didn't have enough inventory to sell me so I only ended up spending $250. Ha!

#377 8 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

You need to put your big boy pants on and get something like this.

Fits about 12 pins with room for a Daytona USA two player in the back.

IMG_0012_(resized).JPGIMG_0012_(resized).JPG

IMG_1528_(resized).JPGIMG_1528_(resized).JPG

#378 8 years ago

First of all I want to thank Mike and Marvin and everyone who brought games to the show this year. I think there were alot of nice games there as well as a very diverse selection of games, from Em's to Stern's newest release GB. It was great that there was an AMH for everyone to play. Also Chris and Melissa from Cointaker brought TBL and FT as well as a KISS for everyone to play. They also brought a whole trailer packed full of stuff for us to fix up our pins! I know that many vendors don't bring much to shows anymore, I for one am glad that they do. I like to be able to shop and physically pick out what I want in person, it's much more fun than clicking on a website. I know they brought a bunch of stuff, because we helped them unload Thurs. evening when they got there! Also Trent brought 2 brand new GB for everyone to try out!
    I thought the show was really good this year! I'll admit I was worried when I found out it was back at Emidio. They had literally just finished (or were finishing) as we were unloading Thurs. morning adding onto and remodeling the bathrooms. They were much improved over previous years, and stayed fairly clean throughout the weekend!
    We really hated that Varkon went down Fri. evening, but it broke 2 stand up targets at the same time that are NLA. So in order to fix it it takes retro fitting a newer target by drilling it to make it work. I was only able to find 1 that would work and it takes a vice and a couple hours to get it done. Sorry to those that didn't get to play it. All our other games held up relatively well, Joust has an issue with balls hanging up in the trough and we haven't figured out why, we have swapped and adjusted switches to no avail. So by Sat. afternoon it was getting pretty tired and ready for a rest! We hated to pack up early but our group weatherman was giving us radar updates on the storm moving in, and since Varkon was down and Joust was worn out, we started loading them up a bit early. We left CSI, SM, and MET till there was only a couple other games left before breaking them down. We loaded them in snow wind and rain. We left after 7, just before the electric went out. We went out for our traditional Ohio show after diner meal, got to the restaurant around 8:30, just before the blizzard hit. By the time we left about 9:30, my truck had about an inch of snow on it! So much for moving the show later to avoid Winter weather!!
    It was a great show, and I look forward to seeing everyone next year...although they might wanna move it to July to avoid the Winter weather! (But then again, we really don't want it to snow in July...so better stick with late March!)

Phoebe

#379 8 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

we really don't want it to snow in July...so better stick with late March!)

That storm was the s#&t! coming home with the trailer was white knuckle.

#380 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Just was curious why they increased the pricing.

Were they including sales tax ?

LTG : )

#381 8 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I would bet it was $2 to cover the sales tax, $1.89 + .13 tax -

And if not. Even dollar sales are easy at a busy show. Easier to figure, easier to make change.

Can you imagine having enough change on hand for every 11¢ needed on a transaction.

I'd round everything up to so it's easier at a show.

#382 8 years ago

First of all I want to thank Mike and Marvin and everyone who brought games to the show this year. I think there were alot of nice games there as well as a very diverse selection of games, from Em's to Stern's newest release GB. It was great that there was an AMH for everyone to play. Also Chris and Melissa from Cointaker brought TBL and FT as well as a KISS for everyone to play. They also brought a whole trailer packed full of stuff for us to fix up our pins! I know that many vendors don't bring much to shows anymore, I for one am glad that they do. I like to be able to shop and physically pick out what I want in person, it's much more fun than clicking on a website. I know they brought a bunch of stuff, because we helped them unload Thurs. evening when they got there! Also Trent brought 2 brand new GB for everyone to try out!
    I thought the show was really good this year! I'll admit I was worried when I found out it was back at Emidio. They had literally just finished (or were finishing) as we were unloading Thurs. morning adding onto and remodeling the bathrooms. They were much improved over previous years, and stayed fairly clean throughout the weekend!
    We really hated that Varkon went down Fri. evening, but it broke 2 stand up targets at the same time that are NLA. So in order to fix it it takes retro fitting a newer target by drilling it to make it work. I was only able to find 1 that would work and it takes a vice and a couple hours to get it done. Sorry to those that didn't get to play it. All our other games held up relatively well, Joust has an issue with balls hanging up in the trough and we haven't figured out why, we have swapped and adjusted switches to no avail. So by Sat. afternoon it was getting pretty tired and ready for a rest! We hated to pack up early but our group weatherman was giving us radar updates on the storm moving in, and since Varkon was down and Joust was worn out, we started loading them up a bit early. We left CSI, SM, and MET till there was only a couple other games left before breaking them down. We loaded them in snow wind and rain. We left after 7, just before the electric went out. We went out for our traditional Ohio show after diner meal, got to the restaurant around 8:30, just before the blizzard hit. By the time we left about 9:30, my truck had about an inch of snow on it! So much for moving the show later to avoid Winter weather!!
    It was a great show, and I look forward to seeing everyone next year...although they might wanna move it to July to avoid the Winter weather! (But then again, we really don't want it to snow in July...so better stick with late March!)
    Phoebe

I was disappointed I didn't get a chance to talk with you this year. You guys are always a great part of the Ohio Show.

#383 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

That storm was the s#&t! coming home with the trailer was white knuckle.

I was driving a little festiva and that thing was getting blown all over the highway. I can only imagine what a trailer would have done.

There was a Wal-Mart semi truck that got blew over on the way home. We had to wait on the highway for probably 15-20 minutes.

#384 8 years ago

So I'm curious, what did every one buy/trade to take home from the show? For me it wasn't much, some playfield glass is all. I also managed to finally get my hands on a City Slicker backglass and playfield for some expensive wall art.

I had a great time though and want to thank everyone that stopped at the booth to say hello and I'm already looking forward to next year.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#385 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And if not. Even dollar sales are easy at a busy show. Easier to figure, easier to make change.
    Can you imagine having enough change on hand for every 11¢ needed on a transaction.
    I'd round everything up to so it's easier at a show.

This what's what I was thinking actually.

#386 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

This what's what I was thinking actually.

Before or after slamming them on pinside on what you now say is not an issue?

Edit: I'm done talking about it. I just felt it pretty inconsiderate what you said give that 1) they showed up to the show with product on hand, paying out of pocket to be there and 2) you didn't even ask them why the price was different (ie didn't ask but felt the need to slamming them here for it).

#387 8 years ago

I haven't been to all the Ohio show of past but from what i have been to, this year was very good. That said though Ms. Phoebe, we've tried to get you to come to our show... If anything breaks on a visiting game we can fix it right then. There's a full shop with a drill press, band saw, bench grinder, polishers, welder, rivet press, vice, test fixtures, etc etc, and a full line of parts. Your varkon would have been fixed right then and there in short order! It's our third year and we take care of people that bring games and makes sure their game leaves the show in the same or better condition than they arrived. If given enough time (and the keys) we will even clean your game before it leaves.

We can't under-estimate how much we appreciate those that bring games to show. Everyone should thank these people in person. Without games coming to a show, most shows wouldn't even happen. And it takes a lot of energy to bring a game. And probably way more money than they are saving on free door entry!

Phoebe

#388 8 years ago

You're right lance. Maybe I should just look the other way and pay whatever price is asked.

Thanks for the advice!

#389 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

So I'm curious, what did every one buy/trade to take home from the show? For me it wasn't much, some playfield glass is all.

This was the first time I didn't come home with a single thing. I was looking for some new leg leveler sets and a few of those reflector spot lamps and didn't find any, I was hoping just to pick up these items at the show to save on shipping. I could find bins and bins full of switches, bulbs, coil stops, drop targets, etc... but not those specific parts that I was looking for...unless my eyes just missed them. I wish we had more parts distributors with some of those commonly needed parts at the shows.

#390 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

So I'm curious, what did every one buy/trade to take home from the show?

I wasn't intending on buying anything, but I'm a sucker for SS games with chimes so I picked up that Stern Stars. Also sold my BOP.

#391 8 years ago

I almost made an offer on Lee's Alien Poker priced at 900 but I just couldn't do it. I was able to repair a friends game in c-town and he was then able to sell it on Monday. I also picked up 50 red frosted
    LEDs for Getaway. So, it wasn't a totally wasted trip at least.

#392 8 years ago

Sold my Walking Dead pro and Avatar pro and for once - just came home with parts - no new game...

#393 8 years ago

I bought some balls and novus from Cointaker and a Ohio Pinball Show t-shirt.

#394 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

So I'm curious, what did every one buy/trade to take home from the show? For me it wasn't much, some playfield glass is all. I also managed to finally get my hands on a City Slicker backglass and playfield for some expensive wall art.
    I had a great time though and want to thank everyone that stopped at the booth to say hello and I'm already looking forward to next year.
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

bought a pinball dolly thanks to marvin and skypilot and Im still whining I didnt buy your kiss pf, should have! but it was fun chatting with you about the games John

#396 8 years ago

I had a great time at the show, Met Fattdirk he a cool dude, we laughed a lot, he took my Stars, sold a Space Invaders, Meteor
    and traded a Jokerz and a Mrs Mrs Pacman, came home with the Gilligans Island which was pristine. got a Incredible Hulk and a Flash
    and a Sinbad bottom cab and we bought the Cherry Bell, and a Gorgar cab. got a good load of boards too.
    Glad we had all that weight for the ride home to SE PA

#397 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I wasn't intending on buying anything, but I'm a sucker for SS games with chimes so I picked up that Stern Stars. Also sold my BOP.

dammit, wish I would have known this was yours. I was also looking at scott's, but was too late on that one as well.... now im looking for one in the wild. so if anyone sees a BOP out there, please let me know.

oh, and I came home with a vertigo from vp.cabs, and an ohio pinball shirt... (and trent brought my spiderman:VE to the show... so I took that home too. (if that counts.)

thanks to everyone that brought their pins for us to play. this was my first pinball show since the days of thomastown party center hosting the event... and I had a lot of fun. was there Thursday, Friday and Saturday!! great show!!!

#398 8 years ago

I almost bought the 400 pound doorstop in the auction on Sat. (Jukebox for cab. restoration and swap) so since I didn't all I came home with that I didn't arrive with was some LEDs for said jukebox, and some soda pop from Aaron and Kevin! Oh and some drop target and spinner decals for Barracora! I did come up with a good drink recipe using Pineapple Fanta....MMMMMM Yummy!
    Damn!! I forgot to get an Ohio Show T-shirt... I liked the GB design!

Phoebe

#399 8 years ago

Picked up a bally lockdown bar from dayhuff (it fit john, on strange science, but not on atlantis so maybe they did change them on the 6803s), got flyers from almost all my games, and some great root beer! Who owned the wipeout there? Im really wanting one after playing it!

#400 8 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

bought a pinball dolly thanks to marvin and skypilot and Im still whining I didnt buy your kiss pf, should have! but it was fun chatting with you about the games John

I'll have it for sale again at PATZ show in less then three weeks, we could meet there?

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-show-is-returning-to-cuyahoga-falls/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.