Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 432 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Hammerhead
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016_pictures_043_(resized).JPG
    IMG_1528_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0012_(resized).JPG
    tmp_2245-20160331_10520930748675.jpg
    20160331_170353_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 8 years ago

Look I found a boob mobile

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#302 8 years ago

Is that your truck skypilot?

#303 8 years ago

Myself and 2 buddies went there yesterday (Friday ) and we had a Great time. lots of new machines to play, lots of games period.. the lines were very short for most of the newer games. there were plenty of machines open to play, not oversold at all. the people were great, there were plenty of games for sale most were priced really good plenty of bargains to be had.

Quite a few arcade video games for free play too . good food available and even a cold beer if you wanted one.
    We three had a great time , it was well worth the 4 hour drive.

Thanks to all that made this event happen. Already looking forward to next years show.

#304 8 years ago

So proud of my boy!!

#305 8 years ago

Congrats Dylan! Well deserved, that game is a beauty.

#306 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

So proud of my boy!!

You mean MY boy, don't you?

Anyway, I have two observations to make: The first is that I don't know who's taking the pictures over there, but could you make it even blurrier next time? I've found that the blurrier the picture, the better Skypilot looks.

Also, whoever cut the wood for the Best In Show plaque really did a crappy job. It's like, not even square or anything. Looks like it was cut by a drunk guy with a jigsaw.

Congratulations, Dylan!

#307 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You mean MY boy, don't you?

Maury: Skypilot, you are......................................NOT the father !!!!!!
    Skypilot: I told you bitch! You and that bastard can get out of my house! Go back to yo mamma....damn, cheatin' ho.

#308 8 years ago

One thing that left a bad taste in my mouth was coin taker. I asked them how much their 89 flashers were. They told me $2.00 each. Just wanted to grab a few as I'm normally a comet shopper, but comet wasn't at the show.

On their (coin takers) website theyre 1.89. I thought as I was there in person they'd sell for a bit less, not having to package etc for shipping.

Comet sells them for 1.19 each.

I know it sounds petty but it just gave me a bad impression of a business I used to buy from all the time prior to becoming a comet customer.

#309 8 years ago

Got atlantis home and she plays great! Thanks keith!

#310 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

One thing that left a bad taste in my mouth was coin taker. I asked them how much their 89 flashers were. They told me $2.00 each. Just wanted to grab a few as I'm normally a comet shopper, but comet wasn't at the show.
    On their (coin takers) website theyre 1.89. I thought as I was there in person they'd sell for a bit less, not having to package etc for shipping.
    I know it sounds petty but it just gave me a bad impression of a business I used to buy from all the time prior to becoming a comet customer.

At least they were open for you. I spent most of the day Thursday there and was unable to buy. I left at 8:30 and they were not up and running yet. I do wish this show had more vendors like Marco or Pinballlife.

#311 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Maybe that was including tax. If so, you saved a couple cents apiece.

#312 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Maybe that was including tax. If so, you saved a couple cents apiece.

Perhaps.

Really no big deal and I prob shouldn't have posted. Just kinda was odd.

#313 8 years ago

I was pretty disappointed also with them not being open on Thursday too, the deals weren't that good either. I sure the money they make at the show is minimal compared to the online business, so I would expect a better "show special" if you add in the 20 dollar admission fee, the deals get worse

#314 8 years ago

Congratulations! Skypilot, great meeting you and your son, that award right there was well deserved but even more so, that's a great memory the both of you will have for the rest of your lives! Frickin Awesome!

#315 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Look at it this way, appreciate the fact that they made the long trip in their gigantic truck and trailer, started the long process of unloading 1000's of products late Thursday, finished early Friday morning and was there for two full days selling awesome stuff for our machines. Chris and Melissa are great people, I always make it a point to talk with them at every show I've gone to the last 5 years. They are the pioneers of the LED craze in this hobby and they travel to all the shows. I could care less if flashers were 3.00 each, I'd support them still. Without people like them, where would we be. They were the only big time vendor there.

If we're talking about things that rub show goers the wrong way, talk about that promoter who doesn't know how to treat people the right way that bring games to shows. He need some serious lessons on how to talk and treat people!

#316 8 years ago

Many thanks to all the people who stopped by my table. It was great to meet everyone and I appreciate the support. See you at the Cleveland Pinball Show in September. In the mean time, please visit my site http://www.leesparts.com Thanks again!

#317 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Look at it this way, appreciate the fact that they made the long trip in their gigantic truck and trailer, started the long process of unloading 1000's of products late Thursday, finished early Friday morning and was there for two full days selling awesome stuff for our machines. Chris and Melissa are great people, I always make it a point to talk with them at every show I've gone to the last 5 years. They are the pioneers of the LED craze in this hobby and they travel to all the shows. I could care less if flashers were 3.00 each, I'd support them still. Without people like them, where would we be. They were the only big time vendor there.
    If we're talking about things that rub show goers the wrong way, talk about that jackass promoter who doesn't know how to treat people the right way that bring games to shows. He need some serious lessons on how to talk and treat people!

I appreciate them carting their stuff. But in the future comet gets my business.

#318 8 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

if you add in the 20 dollar admission fee, the deals get worse

CoinTaker does not get any part of the admission fee, that money goes to pay for the venue.

CoinTaker pays a few hundred dollars to rent the booth at the show.

You are saving the shipping fees by buying directly at the show.

#319 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You are saving the shipping fees by buying directly at the show.

True. I would be saving my shipping fee.

But then why does coin taker increase the pricing at a show?

#320 8 years ago

Can someone post the website for the tournament? I forgot to write it down

Thanks Scott

#322 8 years ago

It sounds like the TBL that cointaker brought are playing better than they were at TPF, maybe was a combination of low line voltage and a few bugs that got worked out to take care of the weak flipper issue.

#323 8 years ago

Cointaker is awesome! Great product, great people and dedicated to this hobby.

#325 8 years ago

Some of the vendors have been treated so poorly by a certain person (no need to mention names), that they won't come back. I know I was scolded multiple times. That's something I'll never get used to.
    I will NEVER get a booth there again.
    That "certain" person should go to the Kalamazoo show and see how a show should be run.
    On the flip side I see some great people there every year.

#326 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

But then why does coin taker increase the pricing at a show?

They may have just misspoke.

#327 8 years ago

I was suprised coin taker and other vendors left early. It was after 9 on Friday and they were out. Just a bummer since people arrive later in the day and I probably would have bought stuff. As I saw people looking around that area for vendors. Dayhuff and Cadillac music were there very late and very friendly as always. Also coin taker left and then their tbl went down and jammed up. Some people, tried shaking it and then unplugged it and it worked again but I was surprised they left as more and more people showed up

#328 8 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

It sounds like the TBL that cointaker brought are playing better than they were at TPF, maybe was a combination of low line voltage and a few bugs that got worked out to take care of the weak flipper issue.

Oh, TBL's flippers were still weak. Only a perfect shot would make it up the left ramp. As someone said about it at TPF, it felt "tired", like a typical WMS game on route. It also looked to crash often.

That said, it was still a total joy to play. This game is going to be a riot once they get the hardware stabilized.

#329 8 years ago

Great games this year. Liked GB - going to get a premium. My 3yr old boy played more games than me.
    image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#330 8 years ago

If someone needs LED's at the show, all they would have needed to do was Ask someone local, and I could have fulfilled Their order outright. And tot would have been a lot cheaper Than Cointaker.

#331 8 years ago

The show was everything I enjoy about this hobby. I got to make some new friends and hang out with old friends. The selection of machines was great IMO although I didn't play much. Bought a beautiful TSPP from Kawydud (By the way ,that game was packed tighter than a ducks ass.Thanks for giving it that extra attention.) Sold an game to Amkoepfer ,Made a great deal with Scott Weir for a pin I didn't even know I wanted,LOL,met Gnatty, PinRob, Blackbeard and to many other great people in this hobby.
    This was my sons second show ,but the first where he was hanging with me and my grown-up dysfunctional misfit friends, and he had a blast. We won't be sharing all the things we learned with mom. I got to play the first 10 games on MJPinballs Smaug. It played fantastic.Gary from Abel is the best. If your buying a Hobbit, he' the guy to see! Melissa from Cointaker is always so pleasant and helpful.Thanks especially to everyone who went up to Dylan and complimented him on his Doctor Who. He was overwhelmed by how many of you reached out to him and that reminded me why I love this hobby.

See you at Allentown.

#332 8 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Got atlantis home and she plays great! Thanks keith!

I'm happy it played great for you. I always worry about pins when they travel. I can't believe you got it out of your SUV .Did you have a 3 foot shoe horn at home!

#333 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Congratulations! Skypilot, great meeting you and your son, that award right there was well deserved but even more so, that's a great memory the both of you will have for the rest of your lives! Frickin Awesome!

Totally enjoyed meeting you. LMAO with the photobombs. Just ordered my goggles for Allentown

BTW I will never be able tolook at the sparkles on the glass in the same way again.

#334 8 years ago

My Girls love the multicade I bought at show! Shout out to Jeff, thanks for the multicade! Thanks everyone for making it an awesome show! Love it in C-Falls! Keep it there.
    It Didn't even make it to game room yet!
    IMG_20160403_083716496_(resized).jpgIMG_20160403_083716496_(resized).jpg

#335 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

We won't be sharing all the things we learned with mom.

I will. Facebook PM sent.

#336 8 years ago

Very good show. I took my nephew and we made the six hour drive there and the snowy drive home. I finally got to meet Mr. Dayhuff. We played Gb, Gilligan's, SWT, AMH, IJ, and a cool Flintstones.

I really thought about calling Skypilot just to tell him and his boy what a nice DW that was. We really enjoyed playing Nip-It. What a great game with a lot of fun stuff. It was a good day.

#337 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I really thought about calling Skypilot just to tell him and his boy what a nice DW that was.

Thank you, Sorry we did not get a chance to meet.Hopefully see you next year.

#338 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

This by far has to be one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever seen on Pinside at all. Do you realize they get absolutely nothing for packing all their stuff up and going to these shows so that you can have the convenience of playing games, buying things and networking? Cointaker by far both Chris and Melissa are the BEST distributors I have dealt with in the U.S. period. Melissa has always been super supportive and is the only business person I have dealt with in pinball other than stern directly that actually takes your call every single time or calls you back very shortly after. I have gotten every NIB game that I wanted from them recently. Probably 6 or 7 so far and each time has been a pleasure. I would gladly pay more to deal with someone who has great customer service than another company who does not. If your pockets are that lite then maybe you don't need to be in the pinball hobby to begin with because it is not cheap. I did not go to the show but I consider both Chris and Melissa great friends and felt the need to chime in here. I would also like to make it known that I am responding on my own so my views are just that mine. It does make me mad though when I see stuff like this because I know as business owners they can not say or respond as I am sure they would really want too because they have to remain neutral as a business. I on the other hand could care less what anyone thinks about me so I will speak freely. If you don't like a particular vendor or business then don't do business with them. Plain and simple, you don't like something don't deal with it. Do you bend over backwards for customers sir or maam? Do you provide the pinball community with great items for the hobby? Do you haul around your
    "life" to help keep the pinball community alive? No, you would rather sit around and wine and complain about a few cents.

COINTAKE IS THE BEST OUT THERE. nothing more to be said.

Mike

#339 8 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

I was suprised coin taker and other vendors left early. It was after 9 on Friday and they were out. Just a bummer since people arrive later in the day and I probably would have bought stuff. As I saw people looking around that area for vendors. Dayhuff and Cadillac music were there very late and very friendly as always. Also coin taker left and then their tbl went down and jammed up. Some people, tried shaking it and then unplugged it and it worked again but I was surprised they left as more and more people showed up

they have lives too. Takes time to pack all that stuff up and then drive back home, unpack and then get ready for the next day of work. smh such ungrateful ppl in this day and age.

#340 8 years ago

My Dad and I had a blast this year. One of the best ohio shows i can remember. Thanks to all who brought games and made the show great!

Met some great people this year as well. Also, thanks to everyone for their compliments on our lineup (CV, slap stick, amigo, big indian, nip-it). It was much appreciated! Hopefully we will see everyone at CLE.

Frank

#341 8 years ago
    Quoted from happilymarried05:

This by far has to be one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever seen on Pinside at all.

You don't view many threads, do you?

#342 8 years ago

Some pics from the show.. Best Ohio a Pinball show yet!

#343 8 years ago

Who owned the DH, IJ, Flintstones? I think it said mjpinball.

#344 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Who owned the DH, IJ, Flintstones? I think it said mjpinball.

That would be Marvin>

Phoebe

#345 8 years ago

Had a great time - loved playing the games and meeting everyone. Thanks to Marvin and Mike for another awesome show!

Scott

20160331_170353_(resized).jpg20160331_170353_(resized).jpg

#346 8 years ago

I def have a new respect for dirty Harry that game was a blast to play as well as safecracker!! Beauty's were brought and great to try out for the first time for me.

#347 8 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

At least they were open for you. I spent most of the day Thursday there and was unable to buy. I left at 8:30 and they were not up and running yet. I do wish this show had more vendors like Marco or Pinballlife.

I second that. I was there shortly after the show opened on Thursday and while we stayed a couple hours, Cointaker was still not open by the time we left. Oh well. Guess if they come this far and do not feel they need to be open for the entire show more power to them

G

#348 8 years ago

I enjoyed Ghostbusters, lebowski, and hobbit. All 3 look beautiful in different ways. The lebowski needed set up better but it had great sound, callouts, the scenes that play were good. The hobbit was fun but we need a lot of rule explainations/development. The pop-ups need reduced to 50%. And we need direction of where to shoot during modes/multiball (all arrows light and just stay lit). Ghostbusters had the most unique layout, great art and could play pretty tough. Needs more rules.

#349 8 years ago

I didn't pack up my games until about 6:00 on Saturday, so unlike everyone else, I was not moving them in rain and snow!

#350 8 years ago
    Quoted from happilymarried05:

This by far has to be one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever seen on Pinside at all. Do you realize they get absolutely nothing for packing all their stuff up and going to these shows so that you can have the convenience of playing games, buying things and networking? Cointaker by far both Chris and Melissa are the BEST distributors I have dealt with in the U.S. period. Melissa has always been super supportive and is the only business person I have dealt with in pinball other than stern directly that actually takes your call every single time or calls you back very shortly after. I have gotten every NIB game that I wanted from them recently. Probably 6 or 7 so far and each time has been a pleasure. I would gladly pay more to deal with someone who has great customer service than another company who does not. If your pockets are that lite then maybe you don't need to be in the pinball hobby to begin with because it is not cheap. I did not go to the show but I consider both Chris and Melissa great friends and felt the need to chime in here. I would also like to make it known that I am responding on my own so my views are just that mine. It does make me mad though when I see stuff like this because I know as business owners they can not say or respond as I am sure they would really want too because they have to remain neutral as a business. I on the other hand could care less what anyone thinks about me so I will speak freely. If you don't like a particular vendor or business then don't do business with them. Plain and simple, you don't like something don't deal with it. Do you bend over backwards for customers sir or maam? Do you provide the pinball community with great items for the hobby? Do you haul around your
    "life" to help keep the pinball community alive? No, you would rather sit around and wine and complain about a few cents.
    COINTAKE IS THE BEST OUT THERE. nothing more to be said.
    Mike

Volume # 2 is next?

There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-show-is-returning-to-cuyahoga-falls/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.