Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 432 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Hammerhead
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016_pictures_043_(resized).JPG
    IMG_1528_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0012_(resized).JPG
    tmp_2245-20160331_10520930748675.jpg
    20160331_170353_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
    #101 8 years ago

I am sure the main reason for the location is availability and price...with that being said a pinball "show" needs to have some sort of consideration for its attendees. I would prefer clean functioning facilities and a venue that has easily accessible food. That's how you continue to get people to attend and attract more attendees. Finding a big empty building, charging people to get in and having pinball machines shouldn't be the only expectation. My bar is set a lot higher and I expect to enjoy myself and that includes feeling safe and comfortable.

#102 8 years ago

Then are you suggesting the promoters charge more in entry fees in order to provide a better atmosphere?

Pass.

#103 8 years ago

Can anyone give an objective perspective on the facility? The expo center bathroom didn't seem the greatest last year. Still had a blast at the show though.

#104 8 years ago
    Quoted from twisty4678:

Can anyone give an objective perspective on the facility? The expo center bathroom didn't seem the greatest last year. Still had a blast at the show though.

The facility is just a non descript block building with some ratty old commercial carpet. Two years ago the bathrooms weren't really an issue it was the prior two years. They're definitely dated and when you have a bunch of men with hygiene problems all using it.... well it doesn't end up smelling that great. I'd say it was about the same as the bathroom at the expo center.

The building is probably half the size of the expo center though.

They do actually sell pizza and other food, drinks and beer at the facility and there are decent restaurants within walking distance to the place.

I think some people are blowing this out of proportion. The bathroom flooded three years ago and there wasn't an attendant. This created the ongoing joke about the bathroom situation.

I personally think it's a great show and am looking forward to it. If anything needs to be improved it's the hygiene of some of the people attending.

#105 8 years ago

That makes me feel better, thanks. I just hope there's a good turnout. I feel like the show was promoted earlier last year? With a solid website with ticket purchasing, tournament info etc?

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from NerdyWife:

I am sure the main reason for the location is availability and price...with that being said a pinball "show" needs to have some sort of consideration for its attendees. I would prefer clean functioning facilities and a venue that has easily accessible food. That's how you continue to get people to attend and attract more attendees. Finding a big empty building, charging people to get in and having pinball machines shouldn't be the only expectation. My bar is set a lot higher and I expect to enjoy myself and that includes feeling safe and comfortable.

There's nothing unsafe about Emidios, and honestly the bathroom jokes are a bit hyperbole. It is definitely a no-frills show, however. For many people, that is perfect - a cheap venue to find or sell games and parts, and to play lots of pinball in a BIG room with plenty of space and no ass-to-ass action in crowded aisles. If that's not what you're looking for, there are plenty of other shows with hotels and such. Louisville Arcade Expo is recommended.

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from NerdyWife:

If your bar is set high, don't let the door hit you in the ass. This is a great show, love it here at Emidios. So you have to drive a mile or two for food, so the hotel is two miles down the road, get in your damn car and go. Its nice to escape the show and drive around the area. As far as feeling safe, this area is about as safe as it gets, man up!

#108 8 years ago

The long and short of the ohio pretty much gets summed up like this. Its a blue collar show with a mix of collectors/enthusiasts, and people that aren't into the hobby but think its cool. The venue has nothing wrong with it. Its not fancy, its not high end, its not the best, but it surely isn't a dump.

There area is safe and there's plenty of places to eat within 10 minute drive of this place such as mandarin house (traditional sit down chinese) right across the street, as well hambuger place. Within that 10 minute radius is just about everything else, mr hero, mcdonalds, red lobster, applebees, taco bell, arbys, wendys, Panera, bob evans, ect. So I don't know where people are coming up with "there is nowhere to eat" but they are nuts.

There are a bunch of vendors there with new and used parts. Cointaker is there selling their extensive selection of LED's every year. There's a good selection of project machines every year that are available for purchase.

I personally wish there were more vendors there with new parts sales to sell just basic things like rubbers, pinballs, and the stupid stuff everyone needs.

Lastly, as for the bathrooms. Its easy as this guys. We all know that pinball people do not strike others as the "pinnacle of class", but take into consideration that there's only 2 urinals, 2 toilets, and 2 sinks in the mens bathroom. Maybe if pinball people weren't such absolute sloppy f***s and didn't piss all over the place, we wouldn't have bathroom problems. We know damn well that those type of things don't happen at their own homes. It has been made a point over the last couple years (while at emidio) that the bathroom cleanliness was to be treated with high priority. There has been much improvement over those last 2 years and I am sure there will be continued improvements this year.

And I must laugh because I saw some people say that expo bathrooms were bad. If you are considering the bathrooms bad at a 4 star hotel as high end as the westin, then get over yourselves. That place is way too high end for us pinball guys If the bathrooms got trashed to the points that there are complaints, trust me its the users, not hotel that has the issues.

#109 8 years ago

With all this Tux talk, I'm going to make sure I'm there early for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

I'll bring some caviar

I just have to remember to keep my pinky out while drinking

#110 8 years ago

Guys: thinking of coming to the show Friday instead of my usual Saturday on the notion that Friday is the best day there.

Thoughts?>

#111 8 years ago

Do it. Friday is the best day for sure. Saturday they start doing breakdown around 2 so if you are trying to show up on Saturday then you will be EXTREMELY dissapointed

#112 8 years ago

Cool. Friday it is.

I have gone Saturdays before, but i'll do Friday.

Really kinda glad show is back at the old location. The new spot just seemed too big and didn't have the right feel for some reason.

#113 8 years ago

Friday is the best kept secret there is.

#114 8 years ago

WE are later getting started on OHio show this year because we were still trying to find a new location that would work . we could not And made a deal with old place WE are aware that website has an issue and are working on it WE have a block of rooms at Courtyard in Stow at 79.00 great place we used it before link is http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Ohio%20Pinball%20Show%202016%5Ecakcy%60OPSOPSA%7COPSOPSB%6079.00%60USD%60false%604%603/30/16%604/2/16%602/29/16&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes email me if any questions mike pacak [email protected]

#116 8 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I'm there early for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

I'll bring some caviar

If I can find a dock I'll be there also

images_(resized).jpegimages_(resized).jpeg

#118 8 years ago

Great job Mike Pacak.

Thanks for your hard work and Marvin.

#119 8 years ago

Room booked - get 'em while you can!

#120 8 years ago

I just hope the Hercules code update comes out before the show.

#121 8 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

I just hope the Hercules code update comes out before the show.

The pinball is a Cue Ball!!!!

#122 8 years ago

Now that the show is back to cuyahoga falls, the big question is.....will Mr. Soda Pop be there?!? I love the show, but i love the show even more with a Lemmys or Cheerwine in my hand

#123 8 years ago

Yes MR soda pop is coming

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Great news - Always enjoy Mr. Soda Pop!

#125 8 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I will be bringing him some fresh spring water.

#126 8 years ago

even after a few beers in the parking lot I still enjoy a Soda from Mr. Soda Pop

#127 8 years ago

How does the Ohio show compare to White Rose or Pinfest or Pintastic?
    Thinking about making the trip to Ohio with my son, just wondering how it compares.

#128 8 years ago

Thanks for the good news Mike!

#129 8 years ago

I know its still 2 months out, but for those bringing games, what are you thinking of bringing?

#130 8 years ago

Anyone bringing a Bally Special Force?

#132 8 years ago

I am bringing as of now for the free play area

Lost in Space
    Godzilla
    Tron
    GOT
    Kiss Stern
    No Good Gofers
    Dirty Harry
    Attack from Mars
    Metallica
    POTC
    Monopoly
    LOTR
    Iron Man

#133 8 years ago

I'll probably be bringing my MM again. The original and classic! haha!!

Not sure if I'll be bringing any more than that...I'll figure that out when it gets closer though...

Brian

#134 8 years ago

My Dad and I are hoping to bring a few games. We just picked up a Gottlieb Flipper Clown, so that will probably make it up there. Also, we are working on a Gottlieb Bronco, and that should be done by then as well. As for other games, we might bring CV again this year and possibly a Sorcerer

#135 8 years ago

In the spirit of hercules and the giant ICE flintstones... maybe there should be a giant adult size diaper changing station this year. So the guys who do the splatter crap on the wall can just wear depends and have their wives or mommies change them.

We all know it's not the general public just wandering into a pinball show to bomb the bathroom. It's not ISIS or some secret anti toilet sect running a conspiracy to pop a tornado turd twister on the wall. It's pinball people. Many are slobs. It's just the way of the world.

#136 8 years ago

If you don't take a crap before you get there then you better know how to hover.

#137 8 years ago

What if you have IBS-D?

#138 8 years ago

Bring your own ass gaskets

#139 8 years ago

And the award goes to.........

images_(resized).jpgimages_(resized).jpg

#140 8 years ago

beating_a_dead_horsegif_(resized).pngbeating_a_dead_horsegif_(resized).png

#141 8 years ago

Not pinball, but game room related for sale or trade... A real nice Kixx bubble soccer from ICE circa 1986, not many of these floating around. For sale or trade for SS pinball machines, I can add cash for the right pin. I can bring to the show, not sure if I can bring it in to free play area or not.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#142 8 years ago
    Quoted from frankie898:

My Dad and I are hoping to bring a few games. We just picked up a Gottlieb Flipper Clown, so that will probably make it up there. Also, we are working on a Gottlieb Bronco, and that should be done by then as well. As for other games, we might bring CV again this year and possibly a Sorcerer

The more EMs the better!

#143 8 years ago

Planning on bringing TSPP, Joker Poker and an asteroids cocktail depending on how my back feels that day and the weather.

#145 8 years ago

Great news! Shaving 30 minutes off my travel time is always appreciated... glad I happened across this thread (though I'm sure I would have seen it on the website eventually).

#146 8 years ago

It's not for sale

#147 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Planning on bringing TSPP, Joker Poker and an asteroids cocktail depending on how my back feels that day and the weather.

How nice is TSPP

#148 8 years ago

What years was is not at Cuyahoga Falls and where was it those years?

#149 8 years ago

Last year was the one year it moved. Now it's back

#150 8 years ago

With all these games listed for the FreePlay area I'm slowly getting talked into making the trip. ARGGG!!

There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-show-is-returning-to-cuyahoga-falls/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.