Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 573 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by timtim
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Iphone 067.JPG
    20150321_103403.jpg
    20150321_101619.jpg
    20150321_095351.jpg
    20150321_090939.jpg
    20150321_090117.jpg
    20150321_085832.jpg
    20150321_083914.jpg
    IMG_20150319_145040.jpg
    Qbert b.JPG
    IMG_20150321_093022441.jpg
    IMG_20150321_105718187.jpg
    IMG_20150321_111153034.jpg
    OHIO pinball show auction archive.JPG
    OHIO pinball show archive.JPG
    IMG_20150321_130623838.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

The Ohio Show 2015 thread grew to 600+ posts with tons of information about what games would be for sale and for trade. I'm starting to get exciting and thinking about what I'll bring, so I'm hoping this can be the place!

What are you bringing to sell/trade at the Ohio Show?

What are you hoping to buy?

#2 9 years ago

I'm only about 30 minutes for the show, so if everything works out and the weather is nice, I'd love to rent a truck and bring as many of my games as possible to sell and trade

Bringing

• Monster Bash - for sale/trade
    • NBA Fastbreak - for sale/trade
    • The Addams Family - for sale/trade
    • Fathom - for sale/trade
    • Fireball (EM) - for sale/trade
    • Sing Along - for sale/trade

Interested in buying or trading for:

• anything on my Pinside wishlist
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation
    • World Cup Soccer 94
    • High Speed
    • Gottlieb wedgeheads
    • Gottlieb woodrails
    #9 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Shoot me pics of your sing along - I may be interested. As for what I am bringing? Just depends on when I move to the new house so up in the air right now.

Do you have any woodrails or wedgeheads you'd be willing to trade?

#15 9 years ago

I think I responded to everyone who messaged me with interest in my games. I can describe my games, but in almost every case, the response included a line something like, "I need to take more pictures."

I guess I need to get out my camera and get busy!

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

I would really enjoy if at these shows there was a workshop offered where someone who had basic electroncis skills could bone up on some more specific troubleshooting as it applies to pinball machines.

Clay Harrell is contemplating something like this for his show in Ann Arbor. I know it's not nearby, but the selection of games at the VFW is AMAZING.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-repair-shop-idea-opinions

#30 9 years ago

I would trade my Fathom for something awesome and rare. Stern Star Gazer comes to mind. Maybe Stern Seawitch. Maybe even Centaur or Eight Ball Deluxe...

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

is there any chance that the show's tournament will become a PAPA circuit event

From the PAPA Circuit website

Circuit Tournaments are scheduled throughout the year with consideration to placing them as evenly as possible geographically throughout the United States of America.

I suspect that because 3 out of 13 Circuit events are at PAPA Headquarters in Pittsburgh, this show is too close to further the goal of geographic diversity.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from mjpinballs:

Remember to check the 4 sale & want page also.
    http://www.ohiopinballshow.com

Most of the stuff on the Buy/Sell website is from before last year's show, including some of my old listings. Is there a way you can purge the old posts?

#44 9 years ago

Topic updated!

#67 9 years ago

7 weeks away!

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Anyone have any oddball stuff for sale (Zaccaria, Recel, Segasa, Sonic, Gameplan, Playmatic, ect)??

Quoted from snyper2099:

I have a playmatic New World. I could possibly bring it to the Ohio show if interested.

Quoted from silver_spinner:

sonic prospector..
    nice playfield, shopped with new rubber. all units and switches been gone through but it does some goofy stuff sometimes...sticks on player one and one of the bonus gets stuck.
    head had some work done to it..
    $575

2 weeks later
    #92 9 years ago
    Quoted from mjpinballs:

I have some good news and some bad news for The Ohio Pinball Show.First the bad news they will not be any Beer sales at the show this year.Now the Great news You are permitted to bring your own beer into the show.Im joking about the bad new because it is all good news

BYOB? How terrible!

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from mjpinballs:

The other location that the Ohio Pinball show has been at have all sold Beer this one does not.There will be food and other beverages for sale at the show. So if you want beer a Im just letting you know that you better bring it.

Very good to know! I guess I'll have to bring some beer, then!

#96 9 years ago

Any requests? I like Belgian beers a lot!

#101 9 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Ok, I've got everything lined up for the show and finalized.
    Barring any unforeseen disasters, I will be bringing the GHOSTBUSTERS custom pinball to the show Friday morning for the free play area. I'll be there until the show ends on Saturday.
    Brian

Woohoo!

#120 9 years ago

Skypilot keeps telling me he may bring a Taxi to show off (not for sale) if he finishes his restoration in time. See The Tale of Two Taxis.

Last year there was a beat Taxi in the back with a $2,000 price tag on it (lol). It may have been the only game I walked away from because the flippers were so weak you couldn't shoot either ramp.

#122 9 years ago
    Quoted from funrudy:

How does this show compare to York and Allentown?

I've never been to those shows, but I thought this show was great for selling pins, great for meeting people and talking pinball, good for buying pins, and so-so for playing.

Thursday last year was the best play-day because of the ratio of people to games. That may have had something to do with the single digit temperatures and 20 mph winds. Friday and Saturday had a lot more people, and there were lines for a lot of the top games 3 or 4 people long. Of course, some of those were the newest Sterns and amazing restorations.

I'm not sure there are strictly enforced rules about when games can come and go. If you're bringing a game on free play to get free entry, the rule is that you should have it setup until 6pm that day - a perfectly reasonable request. Games can come and go anytime if the circumstances dictate, I think. Everyone appreciates having more games to play, and the rules seem to be flexible enough to avoid interfering with that in any way.

1 week later
    #127 9 years ago
    Quoted from frankie898:

My Dad and I are planning on bringing 4-5 games for the free play area.

What are you bringing that you're looking to trade? That's what interests me the most at the moment.

#128 9 years ago

I jumped the gun on updating the topic, but now we really are exactly two weeks away!

3pm, two Thursdays from now!

#193 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stebel:

NBA is probably my best bet.

I'm bringing an NBA Fastbreak for sale. Not a project. It's 100% working and awesome. Looking for about $2,000. You should be able to find me there.

#194 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I believe my pinbot had 1400 plays last year in 2 days.

That sounds unbelievable!

To ballpark a figure: the show is open 3p-12a, 10a-12a, 8a-8p. That's 35 hours. At three minutes a play, I figure max 700? That seems like an upper limit of what could be expected... Thoughts?

#195 9 years ago

I'm bringing Windex and paper towels for the masses! I hate playing games with dirty glass!

I'll also bring a (crappy) dolly and a Harbor Freight lift table that I'll be using to setup my games, but I'll certainly share to help others do the same!

#202 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

You should bring a level and leg wrenches as well.

But of course!

#209 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

You won't get as many plays as Pinbot anyway

A really good game of TSPP can last an hour, so that may not be too far off.

#232 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

Is the show going to be in full-effect on Thursday?

It better be!

Last year Thursday was definitely the best game for playing. Lots of games and not too many people. The freezing temperatures probably had something to do with that.

#235 9 years ago

Hey I want a Fish Tales, too, darn it!

#240 9 years ago

Does anyone know anything about the Saturday auction? I really don't know anything, so I'd be interested to know:

• ballpark number of games
    • rough info about games (% EM/SS, by decade)
    • When will we find out exactly what games will be auctioned?
    • How much inspection will be possible prior to bidding? (e.g. attempt to power on a complete game)
    • Can I expect to see 90s Bally/Williams games?
    • Can I expect to see Gottlieb wedgeheads?
    • Can I expect to see woodrails?

I think I know better than to ask about price or condition...

Edit: also just emailed Mike and Marvin these questions.

#242 9 years ago

Mike Pacak responded "can't answer any of those questions games come in Thursday Friday Saturday won't know anything till before auction starts sorry".

#245 9 years ago
    Quoted from shallweplayagame:

Better planning probably would yield better auction attendance.

That's true, but that would also come at the expense of those who are going anyway.

I'll be there. I ain't complainin'.

#261 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

If anyone has new repro wh20 ramps they're looking to sell and/or boulders, let me know. I'll be there Saturday. Ramps have to have decals and flaps.

Pinball Inc. has been there selling them the last two years. I think that's where my White Water ramps were purchased.

wh2o.jpgwh2o.jpg

http://www.ohiopinballshow.com/pictures-2013/dsc01261/

#271 9 years ago
    Quoted from McPin54:

Does anyone know if there is a list of what's going to be up for auction?

There is not.

#280 9 years ago

I'm bringing Monster Bash. Willing to trade for just about anything.

#284 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I've got a Meteor - I'll do a straight trade with you

Hmmm...

#294 9 years ago

Three days to go!

Today is the day I start breaking down machines, I think. Boy, that'll be a lot of fun!

#296 9 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

also I can bring any of my new/nos pf's that are listed here under feb list of pf's for sale.

Since I looked it up, here's the link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-feb-nosnew-playfields-and-other-stuff

#299 9 years ago

I recall Cirqus Voltaire being in the tournament last year.

#302 9 years ago
    Quoted from frankie898:

Yes, my Voltaire was in the lineup for the tourney last year and it will be back this year in the free play area for all to enjoy!

Aha! I sold my Theatre of Magic to your... father-in-law, I think.

Are you bringing anything to sell or trade?

#304 9 years ago

The weather forecast is looking pretty decent, and a hell of a lot better than last year:

Thursday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
    Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
    Saturday: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Compare to Thursday last year: 10 degrees, 20+ MPH winds.

#308 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

So, is there a shipper onsite at this show? Anyone doing any shipping out?

I doubt it. Is that a common thing?

#310 9 years ago

Hm. I'm just an ignorant outsider. Don't take my word to mean anything.

#320 9 years ago

Two days to go!

Four of my games are cleaned, waxed, folded, wrapped up, on their backs, and ready to move!

#324 9 years ago

Edit: wrong thread

#362 9 years ago
    Quoted from jgeiger:

Since we will be near Youngstown, is it too soon to dress up like Traficant?

I'll look for the guy with the toupee.

#450 9 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

Mot's Fireball was in really nice shape. So was Monster Bash, everything fired strong on that one.

Aw shucks. Thanks. You must have been there before Fireball caught on fire!

#508 9 years ago

I had a lot of fun, but I am thoroughly sore and still exhausted. I sold NBA Fastbreak, Addams Family, and Fathom, and I'm certainly going to miss them. I wanted to buy something, but I didn't come home with anything new. Now that I'm not over-capacity, it might be time to start shopping for something new!

Here was a picture of my lineup from about 3:00 on Thursday:
    IMG_20150319_145040.jpgIMG_20150319_145040.jpg

#530 9 years ago

So here's something weird...

http://wkbn.com/2015/03/23/130700/

"A Columbus mother has been charged with disorderly conduct stemming from an incident at the Niles Red Lobster over the weekend... Carleigh Dawson, 25, was arrested by Niles police. According to a police report, Dawson was with her 9-month-old daughter at the restaurant around 7:30 on Saturday... According to workers, Dawson had two Long Island iced teas, a popular alcoholic beverage, and became drunk and belligerent... At one point during the altercation, Dawson swung the infant carrier with her daughter inside, dropping it on the ground... When police arrived, they took Dawson into custody. Once in the cruiser, officers reported, Dawson was acting out of control, kicking the door and divider several times almost shattering the glass."

Now the weird part that I cut out of the above was...

"Carleigh Dawson, 25, was arrested by Niles police. According to a police report, Dawson was with her 9-month-old daughter at the restaurant around 7:30 on Saturday. They were in town for the Ohio Pinball Show at the Eastwood Expo Center, police said."

#532 9 years ago

The thing I really don't understand is a 25 year old girl traveling 3 hours for the pinball show....

#557 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Hey guys/gals: who's ft was that at the show?

Skypilot knows, because he said it used to be his. I wanted it, but the price was a little steep. I'm just glad it was there to play!

#559 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

yeah, I thought it was nice enough, but def overpriced. Wasn't it like 3200 or something crazy? Backbox was a little dinged up.. but the cab decals looked nice

Yep. $3,200. Nothing wrong with high asking prices.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-show-2015?tu=mot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.