Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 573 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by timtim
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Iphone 067.JPG
    20150321_103403.jpg
    20150321_101619.jpg
    20150321_095351.jpg
    20150321_090939.jpg
    20150321_090117.jpg
    20150321_085832.jpg
    20150321_083914.jpg
    IMG_20150319_145040.jpg
    Qbert b.JPG
    IMG_20150321_093022441.jpg
    IMG_20150321_105718187.jpg
    IMG_20150321_111153034.jpg
    OHIO pinball show auction archive.JPG
    OHIO pinball show archive.JPG
    IMG_20150321_130623838.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackbeard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 9 years ago

WTB at the show:

DE Time Machine

1 week later
    #46 9 years ago

Will be looking to purchase a non-planked Wh20.

Let me know what you have!

Thanks

4 weeks later
    #119 9 years ago

Anyone bringing a nice taxi without a ton of pf wear, OR one with a new playfield installed?

Would be interested in cash deal or trades.

#121 9 years ago

Yeah, I remembered that taxi back there. It was beat and overpriced.

#123 9 years ago

The Allentown Show and the Ohio Show are generally about the same. Both packed with games to play and tons of vendors. Allentown may be just a tad larger.

Ohio seems more laid back. I was lugging a pin out to a buddy's car, and Pacak basically pushed his pinball jack on me to use. Didn't even know me. Super nice guy. Thing is is that he trusted me with his pinball jack.

At Allentown, I had made a deal with a seller on a Friday, and paid cash for a pin. Pin was stored at the show over night, in the back by the loading doors. Well, I show up the next day and knocked on back door, where my truck was to grab and load my pin. I have a 5 plus hour drive home and wasn't attending the show on that day... just there to pick up pin and leave.
    I was RUDELY barked at by one of Ivan's minions as he opened the door about "sneaking in the back", etc. Then he slammed the door in my face. Totally out of line. Wanted to slap the guy actually. Just spent $3000 on a pin, but was trying to "sneak in" the back. Talk about a$$hole move to a person driving 5 hours to your show.

Overall both fun shows.

2 weeks later
    #135 9 years ago

Anyone selling a taxi at ohio show?

#144 9 years ago

That chrome road show was killer last year.

#147 9 years ago

I've been following that thread

Hopefully it's there!

#173 9 years ago

Is that a new pf in that hs?

#179 9 years ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

Thanks and yes new cpr play field every thing is new pf back glass plastics ect..total restore,
    new updated clear ramp stop light even the side rails on the play field are custom oak !

Any thoughts on selling price??

#223 9 years ago

Would be interested in a nice Fish Tales.

Also looking for wh20 ramps perhaps. Brand new ones, with decals and flaps.

#233 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I believe my Fishtales will be going there for sale. Traded with a good friend and he was thinking of bringing it.

Cool. Somewhat contemplating it. Would look nice next to wh20.

#234 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I believe my Fishtales will be going there for sale. Traded with a good friend and he was thinking of bringing it.

Duplicate post

#246 9 years ago

I'll be there. Lugging a sweet GNR! (it's sold)

#258 9 years ago

If anyone has new repro wh20 ramps they're looking to sell and/or boulders, let me know. I'll be there Saturday. Ramps have to have decals and flaps.

#260 9 years ago

Thanks.. That's where I was going to order a set from, but I don't need them all.

Maybe he'll cut me a break on a 2 ramp set!

#262 9 years ago

Thanks. I remember seeing Pinballinc there last year.

#265 9 years ago

Sweet.

I pretty much knew that they'd be on sale for retail at the show. Was hoping to strike a deal with someone who bought a set and is looking to get rid of one they didn't use/need.

Mainly looking for

--disaster drop
    -- whirlpool

Maybe a big foot ramp too.

If I can replace a few cheap, I'd be in. Otherwise I may give a go at flame polishing them.

I rarely find a keeper, but wh20 is definitely one of them. Right next to congo.

#267 9 years ago

Let me rephrase this another way:

Does anyone have any new wh20 ramps they're looking to sell for below market price that they don't need?

Sometimes someone needs to buy a set, but doesn't use all the ramps. Just seeing if I can find a better deal than retail.

#291 9 years ago

Wtb eatpm

#311 9 years ago

45 degrees Saturday with a strong chance of BEER!

WooHOO!!

#317 9 years ago

If anyone spots a eatpm or dude for sale, get at me. I'll be in Saturday w cash.

#433 9 years ago

Anyone see pacaks dog had Pepsi in its water dish?

#461 9 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

It is actually Diet Coke, she doesn't like Pepsi.
    Phoebe

Shouldn't it be water? It's a dog.

#462 9 years ago

I thought the show was fun, but wasn't as good as prior years. I think machines being brought in for free play is hit or miss. Just depends on the year.

Sold my gnr to a cool dude jgeiger, who runs Columbus ohios "arcade super awesome". Barcade with craft beer and food. Great for the hobby community. I usually get sad selling a pin but it's going to a great place and cause.

The auction is a great idea and just adds to the show. Hope to see it build in the years to come.

Would've liked to see more vendors, but with the advent of Internet sales, why would vendors travel for shows really? Idk..

I met Marvin and he's a cool guy. Hats off to him and mike on putting this together (again) despite the gripes and moans. It's a ton of work.

LOVED seeing "Ohio pinball show" on the huge led sign at the entrance to the mall. Cool.

Until next year...

#553 9 years ago

Great job Mike and Marvin on this years show.

#556 9 years ago

Hey guys/gals: who's ft was that at the show?

#558 9 years ago

yeah, I thought it was nice enough, but def overpriced. Wasn't it like 3200 or something crazy? Backbox was a little dinged up.. but the cab decals looked nice

#563 9 years ago

Thanks for the response. I was gonna pitch $2500 out there, but apparently it's gone!

I'm contemplating a FT plus some cash for my shadow at the moment. I just can't get into shadow. AND ft would look sweet next to my wh20

#565 9 years ago

I like FT because it's silly fun. Like my wh20. It's not "serious" pinball. It's like a supped-up system 11.

This is why I'm trading my shadow and bsd. Just too dark and not so fun for me.

#569 9 years ago

Especially wh20. The tune changes at each raft advancement.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackbeard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-show-2015?tu=blackbeard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.