Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 573 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by timtim
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Iphone 067.JPG
    20150321_103403.jpg
    20150321_101619.jpg
    20150321_095351.jpg
    20150321_090939.jpg
    20150321_090117.jpg
    20150321_085832.jpg
    20150321_083914.jpg
    IMG_20150319_145040.jpg
    Qbert b.JPG
    IMG_20150321_093022441.jpg
    IMG_20150321_105718187.jpg
    IMG_20150321_111153034.jpg
    OHIO pinball show auction archive.JPG
    OHIO pinball show archive.JPG
    IMG_20150321_130623838.jpg
    There are 573 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
    #201 9 years ago

Looking for a TZ

#202 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

You should bring a level and leg wrenches as well.

But of course!

#203 9 years ago
    Quoted from mot:

That sounds unbelievable!

To ballpark a figure: the show is open 3p-12a, 10a-12a, 8a-8p. That's 35 hours. At three minutes a play, I figure max 700? That seems like an upper limit of what could be expected... Thoughts?

My memory might be a bit fuzzy. It was played nonstop the whole weekend. I had rebuilt the flippers a few weeks before the show and they were absolutely roasted when the machine was purchased Sat evening. I do remember being shocked at how many plays there were. I also had a roadshow there that sold on Sat morning and it didn't have nearly the plays pinbot did.

#204 9 years ago

You have to remember that many patrons will walk up to a game, put up four credits, play a few balls and walk away. Next person restarts....

#205 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I believe my pinbot had 1400 plays last year in 2 days.

Holy crap, I'm definitely not bringing my mint TSPP with 800 plays then.

#206 9 years ago
    Quoted from helicopter:

Some of us still bring nice games to play. Phoebe and Larry never let that stop them. I have brought my personal Iron Man before, and the restored Road Show last year was super nice.

#207 9 years ago
    Quoted from helicopter:

You won't get as many plays as Pinbot anyway.

#208 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Some of us still bring nice games to play. Phoebe and Larry never let that stop them. I have brought my personal Iron Man before, and the restored Road Show last year was super nice.

Pheobe's games are phenomenal - some rare titles too.

#209 9 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

You won't get as many plays as Pinbot anyway

A really good game of TSPP can last an hour, so that may not be too far off.

#210 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I know they are made to be played but I'd have a hard time seeing my plays almost triple.

On a side note, anybody in the Dayton area interested in borrowing my enclosed trailer? It is a 12' x 6' interior with a 6' something ceiling. Pins will fit in with legs and not even folding the head, done this for 10 minute local trips. The only catch is that you may have to bring a pin back for me if I buy one there. I'll only be there on Sat.

#211 9 years ago

Looking forward to Waddle's Fire. Also hoping there's a Firepower, Space Shuttle, and Locomotion (unlikely) at the show.

#212 9 years ago

I figured as much, thought I'd try..lol

#213 9 years ago

I'll be bringing a Last Action Hero and Avengers LE for sale / play at the show.

#214 9 years ago

Adding a Star Wars Trilogy and a Cactus Jack to the other 14 pins that I will be bringing.

#215 9 years ago

Anyone going to have an LotR for sale?

#216 9 years ago

If anyone is selling a WCS, let me know!

#217 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

My memory might be a bit fuzzy. It was played nonstop the whole weekend. I had rebuilt the flippers a few weeks before the show and they were absolutely roasted when the machine was purchased Sat evening. I do remember being shocked at how many plays there were. I also had a roadshow there that sold on Sat morning and it didn't have nearly the plays pinbot did.

I put a lot of plays on it. I would have bought it if I had the room. Played well.

Quoted from Emmo213:

Looking forward to Waddle's Fire. Also hoping there's a Firepower, Space Shuttle, and Locomotion (unlikely) at the show.

There were a couple of Firepowers there last year, I don't remember the other two being there, so hopefully this year.

#218 9 years ago

I wasn't planning ongoing to the she, but after Louisville, I am thinking I might end up going after all. Helicopter, I might take you up on your offer to burrow your trailer. I was thinking of bringing up my MM, Fast Draw and Wizard! (to sell) and who knows, maybe more! Still trying to figure out what the plan is, but I'm leaning towards going now.....

Brian

#219 9 years ago

I'm looking to buy a Big Buck Hunter Pro pinball at the show. Anyone bringing one?

#220 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I had the RS my son did a full restore on Funhouse that will be at the show and I have a Corvette to bring as well. Bring nice games and let people play them thats what they build them for !

FHCAB.jpgFHCAB.jpg
    FHPF.jpgFHPF.jpg
    CORVETTECHROME.jpgCORVETTECHROME.jpg

#221 9 years ago

Steve you and your son do fantastic work. I appreciate you bringing the games to the show for everyone to play.Looking forward to talking to you at the show next week

#222 9 years ago

I will have a Starship Troopers at the show for sale in the free play area.

#223 9 years ago

Would be interested in a nice Fish Tales.

Also looking for wh20 ramps perhaps. Brand new ones, with decals and flaps.

#224 9 years ago
    Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I'm looking to buy a Big Buck Hunter Pro pinball at the show. Anyone bringing one?

60087342.jpg60087342.jpg
    #225 9 years ago

Anyone coming from the Cincinnati area to the Ohio show? Jack Koch from Loveland has a flaky Gondolier backglass for me and it would be cool to pick it up at the show.

There's a free superelectric t-shirt and a lot of appreciation to anyone who is interested in helping restore Gondolier to her true beauty.
    Pardon for the double thread post. Posting from my phone.

#226 9 years ago
    Quoted from stephenshane237:

Bring nice games and let people play them thats what they build them for !

Here! Here! I agree totally.
    The very 1st Ohio Show, I took a freshly restored Funhouse to.
    Back in them days, the norm was for typically off-route games that kinda worked to be there.
    I am so happy that all of that has changed and people bring nice games to share.
    Pinball shows only are fun and worthwhile because of other collectors who put out an effort.

#227 9 years ago

We will have a Hobbit and a WWE at the show in the free play area.

#228 9 years ago

Wish I was closer.

#229 9 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I'll be bringing a Last Action Hero and Avengers LE for sale / play at the show.

How much for the LAH? Thanks

#230 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Would be interested in a nice Fish Tales

I believe my Fishtales will be going there for sale. Traded with a good friend and he was thinking of bringing it.

#231 9 years ago

Is the show going to be in full-effect on Thursday?

#232 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

Is the show going to be in full-effect on Thursday?

It better be!

Last year Thursday was definitely the best game for playing. Lots of games and not too many people. The freezing temperatures probably had something to do with that.

#233 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I believe my Fishtales will be going there for sale. Traded with a good friend and he was thinking of bringing it.

Cool. Somewhat contemplating it. Would look nice next to wh20.

#234 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Duplicate post

#235 9 years ago

Hey I want a Fish Tales, too, darn it!

#236 9 years ago
    Quoted from mjpinballs:

We will have a Hobbit and a WWE at the show in the free play area.

Looking forward to trying out Hobbit!

#237 9 years ago
    Quoted from mot:

Hey I want a Fish Tales, too, darn it!

I love how we all have different tastes, I really don't like this game. Don't hate it like I do Avengers though.

Anyone by chance have a nice Firepower Backglass sale? Mine is terrible.

#238 9 years ago

I'm looking to buy either a Whirlwind or Earthshaker. I'll be attending on Friday.

Also potentially in the market for a Williams Shuffle Bowler.

#239 9 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

I love how we all have different tastes, I really don't like this game. Don't hate it like I do Avengers though.
    Anyone by chance have a nice Firepower Backglass sale? Mine is terrible.

George you and i might have to have a play off for a backglass if one is there.

Though i have thought about getting rid of my firepower.

#240 9 years ago

Does anyone know anything about the Saturday auction? I really don't know anything, so I'd be interested to know:

• ballpark number of games
    • rough info about games (% EM/SS, by decade)
    • When will we find out exactly what games will be auctioned?
    • How much inspection will be possible prior to bidding? (e.g. attempt to power on a complete game)
    • Can I expect to see 90s Bally/Williams games?
    • Can I expect to see Gottlieb wedgeheads?
    • Can I expect to see woodrails?

I think I know better than to ask about price or condition...

Edit: also just emailed Mike and Marvin these questions.

#241 9 years ago

The auction page says "Classic and Newer Arcade Video Games, Pool Tables, Jukeboxes, Darts, Air Hockey" and "All arcade-style games, pinballs, jukeboxes, pool tables, cranes, changers, parts, and redemption games"
    http://www.amusementauctions.com/

#242 9 years ago

Mike Pacak responded "can't answer any of those questions games come in Thursday Friday Saturday won't know anything till before auction starts sorry".

#243 9 years ago

I guess I find it interesting that they don't have an idea of the items already consigned. Normally the auction houses have an idea of what's being sold and put certain items in certain spots (things in the middle of an auction sell better than those at the end). For this one I guess it's just a matter of anybody can show up and sell something.

Maybe if we're lucky a nice person will post some pictures on Thursday and Friday of the items that have been consigned.

#244 9 years ago

I may drive by, coming from PA and driving to Detroit area. I will have an empty 20ft rental box truck, however, sounds like the arcade auction staff has no clue what pinball machines/arcade games will be at auction, so I may skip vs wasting Saturday am/pm walking around to see what is for sale.
    Better planning probably would yield better auction attendance.

#245 9 years ago
    Quoted from shallweplayagame:

Better planning probably would yield better auction attendance.

That's true, but that would also come at the expense of those who are going anyway.

I'll be there. I ain't complainin'.

#246 9 years ago

I'll be there. Lugging a sweet GNR! (it's sold)

#247 9 years ago

I assume they just don't know what is being auctioned yet since anyone can bring equipment to have sold. I've talked to Marvin and he's expecting a ton of machines to be in the auction. I wish I could make it since I've always wanted to attend an auction like this.

#248 9 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

George you and i might have to have a play off for a backglass if one is there.
    Though i have thought about getting rid of my firepower.

Tim, don't do it. Game is still popular.

#249 9 years ago

ok, thanks Dirk.. I guess if they know they are having tons of games, I would think you could list at least 20-25 games by now.

#250 9 years ago

Price on fishtails?

There are 573 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-show-2015/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.