Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 620 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

oh5 (resized).jpg
    oh4 (resized).jpg
    oh3 (resized).jpg
    oh1 (resized).jpg
    on2 (resized).jpg
    20170402_220418 (resized).jpg
    20170402_214408 (resized).jpg
    20170402_213946 (resized).jpg
    same-bat-time-same-bat-channel-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_144934029 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_162951100 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_164515834 (resized).jpg
    Ghost Town Bromley 1991 Pic2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170401_140210178 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170331_185656005 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170331_175824503 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

wish I was closer

I know it's childish but every time I see someone on Pinside post this all I can think is... "Is that so I can smell your farts better?"

#35 7 years ago

If I can make the trip, I will probably bring my backwards playing Defender.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from BobT:

I have never been to a pinball show, but am planning on being there. I have a BOP 2.0 cc FULL chrome (even spinners), custom translite, perfect cabinet, etc. She's my baby. Certain you all would ogle her. I do. So... Just how gentle or not is everyone with these beautiful machines?

I have been going to video game and pinball shows for almost 20 years. I would say that you are MUCH more likely to actually damage a game in transit than to suffer any damage by players at the show. Even if your game does suffer some sort of damage, it is MUCH more likely to be from regular old play than some one being too aggressive on your game.

Blown transistors and locked up coils seem to happen at shows quite often. That's really all part of the experience for me though!

Best show advice I can give out is to make CERTAIN that you have the proper type and value for all your fuses in ANY game that you bring!

Also, if you have a pre-Fire! system 11 Williams to bring, make CERTAIN that you fuse the bridges and while you're at it, add some special sol. saver boards made by BARAKANDL to any early Williams SS game you are bringing to a show!

1 week later
    #95 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Forgive my ignorance, but backwards playing defender?

I just updated my build thread with some pics from this week. Will be set up at the LOU show as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/defender-from-scratch-populated-playfield-go/page/2#post-3457924

3 weeks later
    #148 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I don't really understand why "all" the pinball manufacturers don't make sure they put their new products out at all these shows.

One main point that I would like to present here is that "pinball manufacturers" should NOT really show games that are less than playable at any show like this. The Ohio show is not a show like the Chicago Pinball Expo. Neither is LAX, TPF, Cal. extreme, or any similar "show" for that matter. What would a company want to RISK such a thing?

It can put the game AND the presenter in a very bad light when they present a less than complete machine. Spooky, JJ, Stern, H-W pinball... Early code is one thing but a game that's not playable and crashes constantly is a completely different matter altogether.

This should help explain your manufacturer question, to some extent. There is a BIG difference between a DIY, "work in progress" and a "pinball manufacturer" as you put it. Clearly stated, there are honestly only 2 manufacturers in the current market.

Boutique machines and home-brew pin companies are not really "pinball manufacturers", no matter how hard pinball enthusiasts would like them to be. There is a clear division here when you consider a "pinball company" and a "DIY developer" in the pinball realm. Think "business opportunity" vs. "hobby" when you consider what falls in to one category and what falls in to the other category. There is no sense in really trying to make something out to be something that it is not, is there?

2 weeks later
    #381 7 years ago

I'm bringing a Williams Stargate arcade game to sell or trade. New CPO. Works great. Asking 750.

Eugene Jarvis at his best!

IMG_5972 (resized).JPGIMG_5972 (resized).JPG

#406 7 years ago
    Quoted from tonycip:

Is there a list of the games that people are bringing on the ohio pinball show site?

Nope, you can stop searching. Better to scan through this thread.

#484 7 years ago
    Quoted from nikpinball:

The show is off to a great start this year. Games are cleaner and better shape than last year and the tournament is more organized. The early birds yesterday really brought some nice stuff. Props to waddle for the tourney organization.

Cool. Sounds like everything is off and rolling, full steam. TY for update.

#597 7 years ago

I want to commend those who ran the tournament this year. It was the best run Ohio tournament that I could ever remember. Thank you!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ohio-pinball-show2017-buy-sell-trade?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.